Drop It by Loco Lauren
Summary: Why is Sam avoiding Jack Response to challenge #35 @ heliopolis
Rated: PG
Genres: Humour
Original Archive Date: 1999 Aug 1
Warnings: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 | Word count: 2010 | Completed: Yes | Published: Aug 31, 2009 | Updated: Aug 31, 2009 | Read: 2251
Story Notes: EMAIL: evil0@home.com

RATING: PG

SPOILERS: nope

ARCHIVE: anywhere just please tell me

SUMMARY: Why is Sam avoiding Jack Response to challenge #35 @ heliopolis

DISCLAIMER: STARGATE SG-1 is owned by Showtime, Gekko, and lots of other people I don't know so please don't sue me 'cause I don't want to be committed again.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Don't ask where this came from. Strange things happen when you where a fedora
Chapter 1 by Loco Lauren
"Oh crap, here he comes." Major Samantha Carter said under her breath as she quickly ducks into the nearest door she sees.

'Where did she go?' Col. Jack O'Neil pondered as he walks down the hall. 'I just saw her, at least I think I did. To the best of my knowledge I'm not hallucinating.'

"Whew!" Sam let go of the breath she was holding as her CO passed by her hiding place. She quickly departed from the room continuing on her way. Little did she know that Jack had turned around to make sure he hadn't passed her while he was thinking and had caught sight of her short blond hair as she turned the corner.

"Sam! Wait up!" he called out and quickly changed direction.

'Holy Hannah!' she thought to herself as she quickly broke into a run for the elevators in the hopes of evading him. Unfortunately she was wasn't quite quick enough to avoid his gaze as he caught sight of her as the elevator doors closed around her.

'That's strange, I wonder if she trying to avoid me? Nah, she probably just didn't hear me.' Jack thought to himself as he waited for the elevator to return so he could follow her.

As soon as the doors to the elevator opened Sam was off like a shot heading for her car. She could think of nothing except getting away from Jack so she wouldn't have to answer his query.

'I wonder...'

The 'Ding!' of the elevator broke Jack out of his reverie as he headed up to the parking garage. When the doors opened all he heard was the screeching of tires and the back of a car that must have been going over the posted limit in the garage. 'Huh, wonder who that could be?' He wondered as he went over to the airman on duty.

"Would you happen to have seen Major Carter recently?" he asked the guard.

"That was her leaving just now," he replied as he went back to what he was doing.

"Wonder why she was in such a hurry," O'Neill pondered aloud.

"No idea," the airman threw over his shoulder as Jack went back over to the elevators.



~+~+~+~
The Next Day



Samantha cautiously peered around every corner as she stealthy made her way to her office to deposit her stuff then head to the lab to work on some soil samples SG-5 had brought back.

"Is there something wrong Major Carter?" Teal'c asked as he approached Sam, who had just jumped 3 feet in the air due to surprise and was very close to having a heart attack.

"N... no Teal'c, I'm just fine thanks for asking." She replied as coolly as possible for someone whose pulse was going faster than the speed object traveled at when they where in a wormhole.

"Colonel O'Neill is looking for you. Would you like me to tell him you're here?" Teal'c offered helpfully.

"NO! I mean just tell him you haven't seen me today and you don't know where I am, ok. Can you do that for me?" Sam pleaded with the big Jaffa.

"Yes," replied a rather perplexed man. "May I ask why you do not wish him to know your here?"

"I'd rather not get into it right now. I'll tell you later," replied Sam as she checked over her shoulder and down the halls.

"Very well," Teal's said as he continued on down the hall.



~+~+~+~



Sam had successfully managed to avoid Jack and make it to her office. She had just collapsed into her chair when Daniel walking in, his nose in a book and startled her so much she somehow managed to launcher herself into the air and land rather unceremoniously on the ground.

"Oh hey Sam," Daniel said absentmindedly before hearing the thud as she impacted the hard cement. At this sound he looked over her desk to the floor and let out a rather inquisitive, "Sam?!"

"Man Daniel, you scared me." Sam said from her position on the floor.

"Sorry didn't know you where in here, thought I'd just borrow one of your coffee mugs, mine seems to have gone missing, again." He replied rather sheepishly, it seems his coffee mugs always got lost among the things on his desk. "Jack's looking for you."

"Yeah I know I'm kind of avoiding him so *you haven't seen me!*" Sam said in a tone that left no room for argument.

"Man he still hasn't let it go has he? You'd think that by now he'd just drop it. How long has it been?" Daniel said incredulously.

"Too long and he's still bugging and it's getting quite..." Sam trailed off as she heard the familiar call of "Danny-Boy" coming from down the hall and getting closer. Sam paled and pleaded with her eyes so Daniel wouldn't tell Jack she was there as she quickly crawled under her desk to hide.

"Yo Danny, you seen Carter around here, she's checked in at the gate but I can't seem to find her? Hey isn't that her bag?" Jack pointed over to the one right by her chair as Sam mentally kicked herself over and over again for leaving it out.

"N... no I haven't seen her today I just came in to borrow one of her coffee cups. That's all. Don't have a clue where she is. No idea what so ever. She might have gone to the lab to work on the soil samples SG-5 brought back, but I have no idea where she is. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada." Daniel said trying to sound nonchalant about it.

"No she hasn't been to the lab yet, already checked there." Jack replied without even noticing Daniel discomfort. "Anyway I'll just wander around she must be here somewhere and I'm bound to run into her sometime."

"I'll tell her your looking for you when I see her," Daniel called to the departing Jack.

"Ok, he's gone" Daniel whispered to Sam as he checked up and down the hall.

"Thank you LORD!" she said as she crawled out from under the desk.

"Anyway, I have to get back, so I'll talk to you later. Good luck!" Daniel called out as he headed back to his office.

Now in her office with the door securely lock and a chair piled high with books in front of it, Sam finally relaxed and devised a strategy to evade Col. O'Neill. She knew she would need help and since she was friends with most everyone on the base she put her plan into action.



~+~+~+~
Later in the Lab



Sam was just finishing up what she was doing when Lt. Simmons ran into the room. "He's coming, HIDE." He hadn't even finished speaking when Sam was off her stool, taking the back door out of the lab running as fast as she could.

By the time Jack had arrived Sam was no where in site but upon closer inspection of her workplace he noticed that she had stopped typing on her computer mid sentence, which wasn't like Sam since she always finished and turned off her computer when she was done using it. "Hey, you guys know where Sam went?" He asked the other scientists in the lab. They all shuck their heads 'no' but Lt. Simmons looked a little out of breath which struck Jack as kind of odd but dismissed it right away. "Any idea where she went?" This question received the same answer as the one before it. "A well, just have to keep looking." By this time of the day Jack was really starting to think something was going on because he couldn't find Sam anywhere. 'Oh well maybe she went to visit Janet.' He ideally thought to himself as he made his way to the infirmary.

Unfortunately for Sam that was where she had gone when she had fled from the lab. She called the lab to be sure that Jack was gone before going back to finish writing up her report. Unfortunately for her she took the same route Jack was taking to see Janet. Fortunately she was paying attention while Jack was not and as soon as she saw him she turned and ran.

Jack was casually strolling when he saw a streak of white and blond and decided to follow it.

General Hammond was in the control room getting a status check when he saw Major Carter run through the gate room followed closely by Colonel Jack O'Neill. Hammond just shook his head and continued listening to the tech give his report. Unfortunately Sam made a wrong turn so she had no place to go. She heard the approaching footsteps and felt the dread mounting as she slowing backed into the wall fearing what was coming. Jack turned the corner and caught sight of Sam when lightning stuck. The power shorted out momentarily giving Sam a chance to escape while Jack was distracted. She sprinted past him, but his hand caught her sleeve slowing her down.

"Come on Sam, slow down," Jack said to his struggling team mate. That didn't seem to have any effect so he tried to order her to stop as she was dragging him down the hallway. That had no effect but to cause her to start singing and place her hands over her ears.

She startled Jack so much when she started singing that he let go and she was off like a shot. Running through the hallways hands over her ears, yelling at the top of her lungs followed closely by Jack yelling at her to stop. Sam wove her way through the SGC expertly avoiding all the places where she knew she would be slowed down.

Sam's path brought her through the gate room once again. This time Gen. Hammond was just looking at the gate having already finished listened to the report by the tech when what should his wondrous eyes should come running through the gate room but a singing scientist in a lab coat with her hands on her ears followed closely by a graying Colonel. Gen. Hammond could only look on dumfounded as Sam ran up the grating and through the Stargate, around it and through the door at the other side of the room with Colonel O'Neill hot on her heels. The layout of the base enables a person to do a lap on one floor that goes through the gate room. On about the 6th or 7th loop Hammond had decided to stop this nonsense and find out what the heck was going on with half of SG-1.

General Hammond managed to situated himself in Sam's path as she made her way through the gate room so she would have to stop or knock him over. As Sam screeched to halt just in front of him, Jack had arrived into the room and was also in the process of slowing down.

"Major, Colonel, my office now." Gen. Hammond announced to the out of breath officers. They slowing made their way up the stairs and Hammond was sure that if they where dogs they would have their tails between their legs.



~+~+~+~
30 Minutes Later



Gen. Hammond stepped out of his office and called an airman to go get Doctor Jackson and Teal's and bring them to his office immediately.



~+~+~+~
48 Minutes Later



Hammond had finally dismissed after hearing what was probably the strangest story he'd ever heard in his life. The fact that both Daniel and Teal'c concurred with what Sam had said only made if funnier. As SG-1 finally excited the General's office Sam exited first followed by Teal'c, Daniel and finally Jack.

When they got into the briefing room Jack finally spoke up and asked, "So how does that magic trick work?" Sam restrained by Teal'c as Daniel rushed Jack out the room since Teal'c was having quite a hard time keeping Sam from trying to do grievous bodily harm to Jack.



The End!

And the moral of this story is, "Always wear your bathing suit!"

This story archived at http://www.samandjack.net/fanfics/viewstory.php?sid=1151