Sweetest Day by Kelly Mullins
Summary: Let's get it on.
Rated: PG13
Genres: Song!fic, UST/Friendship
Original Archive Date: 2003 Jul 6
Warnings: None
Series: Between Love and Duty
Chapters: 1 | Word count: 1165 | Completed: Yes | Published: Sep 01, 2009 | Updated: Sep 01, 2009 | Read: 2817
Story Notes: Between Love and Duty IV: E-Mail: kelly.mullins@verizon.net

Web: http://www.geocities.com/musicgrl72/kellyf.html

Rating: you can read into it as far as you want and see whatever you think is going on behind the music.

Spoilers: BtS, D&C, Entity, ItLoD, WoO

Sequel: This is the Sequel to 'What Do I Have to Do?', 'Put Your Arms Around Me', and 'I Want You'. This comes before 'Fear'.

Disclaimer: I can promise you I don't own SG-1 or anything by Control Freq

Authors Notes: The song is 'Sweetest Day' by Control Freq. My sincerest apologies to Control Freq if I transcribed any of the lyrics wrong but I looked for 6 days for lyrics and didn't find them.

Thank You: Anyone who sent feedback
Chapter 1 by Kelly Mullins
We sit and stare at one another for a while, I wish she would say something, but I too am at a loss for words.

"Sir..." She says, probably hoping to goad me into talking.

"Not tonight." He says. "We're not them, those people we were out there in the rain today. We're Jona and Thera, the ones that were left beneath the surface." I'm stunned by my own words, I never thought I'd be one to dent our 'real' lives. Suddenly the music stops and I realize the place has cleared out around us. "I think it would be a good idea if we got out of here so they can close up." I lay down a few dollars on our table, enough to cover both of our bills and grabbing her hand, I pull her out to the parking lot. "You drive, I took a cab."

Carter's dumbfounded to say the least. I know what she meant by calling herself Thera. To both of us, Jona and Thera represent people free of the manacles of duty and responsibility. She understands what's going on when she unlocks and starts her car with me sitting in the passenger seat.

*If there were words as large as my love I'd say them. If there were notes as beautiful as you I'd play them.

And if I could make the world stop for you I'd do it, take your hand, ease your pain and get you through it.

Today is the sweetest day to be with you.*

Her radio's on, pouring soft music into the vehicle, a sharp contrast to the noisy restaurant we've spent our evening in. We've strangely come together tonight, somehow even in this vast city that we live in, we chose the same obscure teen hangout to drown our sorrows in. Today started out bad, but I think it's starting to become a lot better.

*God only knows how you would praise me, but words can not describe how you amaze me. If I could conquer all your fears for you I'd show you, that I'm the one, I'll lead the way just like I told you.*

I stare at her as I realize she's driving to my house, I guess it's always good to get the crazy man out of your car before going home. I don't understand how a woman can be so smart and beautiful and yet still find time to save the world on an almost weekly basis. I may be the leader of SG-1, but she is definitely the brains behind the operation.

*Today is the sweetest day to be with you

Today is the sweetest day I ever ever had

'Cause you're mine

Today is the sweetest day I ever ever had

In my time

Today is the sweetest day I ever ever had

'Cause you're mine*

The ride to my place was so short I don't even remember why I took a cab, oh yeah, it was raining Jaffa and Goa'uld. 'Thera' parks her car in my driveway and follows me inside, sweet. The radio on in my living room betrays my enjoyment of super sappy music, it's actually the same radio station that was on in her car. I pull her into my arms after the door is closed, this is what's going to happen and there's no stopping it. I think this is what this hellish day has been building up to- the two of us in each other's arms again... only this time we're not going to have an audience and this time we're not stopping until we're both happy with what's happened.

*Could I have failed to let you know how much you mean to me. Is there someway I could show you, a way to make you see.

Everything I do I do for you

Everything I do I do for you*

I tug off her jacket and toss it to the floor, it is soon joined by mine and the rest of our clothing. I know I've failed her on more than one occasion but with Jona's freedom I hope to fully make up for all of my shortcomings and help her got over the fact that I have been a bitter disappointment for her over the last few years. We're frantic to get at each other in my living room, both of us needing to know that we are no longer alone and that we're needed by something more important than Earth's entire population.

*Today is the sweetest day

Today is the sweetest day I ever ever had

'cause you're mine

Today is the sweetest I ever ever had day

'cause you're mine.*

Hastily our hands and mouths rove over one another, I look into her eyes and see nothing but hunger and need. So swiftly do we move together that I forget all the basic principals of being polite and waiting, we don't have time to slow this down, all we've got is tonight to fool ourselves that we're still Jona and Thera.

*If there were words as great as my love I'd say them, if there were notes as beautiful as you I'd play them. And if I could make the word stop for you I'd do it, take your hand, ease your pain and get you through it.*

Wow, is the only thing I can think of as we pick ourselves up off the floor and head for my bedroom. We collapse onto the bed for a while and just let our breathing return to normal as we kiss and stroke one another. I think of how many ways I've seen her down, distraught, and completely out of it- many of those my fault or somehow related to some action by me. Her infestation by that evil Tok'ra Jolinar, Martouf's death, and her infestation by the Entity only a couple of months ago- hell I *killed* her.


*God only knows how you would praise me but words can not describe how you amaze me. Misunderstandings, bitter tastes, hurtful words spoken in haste.

may I tell you now that life without you is no life at all. You are my love and that is all. And that is all.*

I love Sam Carter, and I even love all of that scientific techno-babble she's always spouting. I seek out her mouth, kissing her soundly, much better now that she will forever have these memories and much better because she has plenty of time to act and to react. I promise her this time that it is going to be better, slower, as romantic as I can possibly get with out candles, roses, and wine.

*Today is the sweetest day I ever ever had

'cause you're mine

Today is the sweetest day I ever ever had

In my time

Today is the sweetest day I ever ever had

'cause you're mine

Today is the sweetest day I ever ever had

In my time

Today is the sweetest day.*

END!!!
End Notes: PLEASE SEND FEEDBACK!

This story archived at http://www.samandjack.net/fanfics/viewstory.php?sid=2068