Not Too Far by Nhawk
Summary: He wakes to find her sitting beside his bed in the dark.
Rated: G
Genres: Missing Scene
Original Archive Date: 2003 Jul 6
Warnings: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 | Word count: 195 | Completed: Yes | Published: Sep 03, 2009 | Updated: Sep 03, 2009 | Read: 2027
Story Notes: SPOILERS: An Abyss episode addition.

SERIES: This is a sequel to "Not Waving But Drowning", which can be found on my site here: http://www.angelfire.com/space/nhawk/index.html

ARCHIVE: SJD

FEEDBACK: Yes please! Send feedback to nhawk@talk21.com
Chapter 1 by Nhawk
He wakes to find her sitting beside his bed in the dark. When his eyes adjust he can see that she's been crying. "You were dreaming," she says, not looking at his face. He reaches above his head to turn on the lamp. "Don't," she says, touching his shoulder. She traces her fingers up to his wrist, gently pushing his arm down onto the bed.

He is staring at her and she realises she is still touching his skin. His pulse races beneath her fingertips and she quickly pulls back her hand. But he is quicker, grabbing onto her wrist in mid-air. She startles at the contact but he doesn't let go. "Carter," he almost pleads.

"I shouldn't have asked you to do it. It shouldn't have been me, I'm sorry. But I'm glad you're here," she says, "I just wanted to say that." He loosens his grip and her wrist slips out of his hand. "You should get some more sleep," she adds, quietly.

He closes his eyes and listens to her standing up to leave. He feels a hand stroke through his hair and over his ear.

"Night," she says.

-----------

The end

This story archived at http://www.samandjack.net/fanfics/viewstory.php?sid=3066