Closer by _Always_
Summary: Sg1 visits a planet who doesn't have any civilization. They thought. Teal'c and Daniel escapes through the stargate back to earth. Sam and Jack aren't that lucky and becomes prisoners of a goa'uld. Will they het rescued? And more importantly, will they survive?
Rated: PG13
Genres: Action & Adventure, Angst, Hurt/Comfort, Romance
Original Archive Date: None
Warnings: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 | Word count: 7830 | Completed: Yes | Published: Jun 08, 2016 | Updated: Jun 08, 2016 | Read: 1888
Chapter 1 by _Always_
SEASON: 4-5 something.
Spoilers: I don't think so.

Jack's PoV.

I make some stupid joke and Carter flashes me a smile. As she always do. And that makes me smile too. As it always does. I watch her while she is taking some samples of dirt to get tested back at SGC. If we are lucky the samples contain some Naquada. "Alright campers, we will be going back through the gate in 30 minutes." I yell to Sam and Teal'c. This planet is boring. We have been on P3X-816 the whole day and we have found nothing. No sign of any villages, people or ruins. The only thing on this planet is trees, grass, trees, and, did I mention trees? I call Daniel over the radio. "Daniel, come back to the gate we are going home in half an hour." I wait a second for his response. "I hear you Jack, going back now." I'm not sure where he is, he walked of somewhere, trying to see if we missed something. I'm pretty sure we didn't miss something. Because, yeah, there is nothing here. "Teal'c, Carter, pack your stuff we'll meet Daniel at the gate." Teal'c gives me a nod and Sam starts to collect her things.

Sam's PoV.

We wait at the gate for 34 minutes then Jack tries to talk to Daniel through the radio again. He doesn't get an answer so we keep waiting. Jack tries to get Daniel to respond but still, nothing. Jack stands up. "Okay, Teal'c stay here and see if Daniel comes, Carter, come with me and we'll look for him." I follow him in thedirection that Daniel took when he walked away. We walk maybe two kilometers in to a forest byt the only sign of Daniel is a piece of candy paper I found on the ground.

Daniel's PoV.

I am finally at the gate, it took maybe 20 minutes longer to get there than I thought it would. Weird that Jack hasn't tried to yell at me through the radio. When I get to the gate the only person I can see is Teal'c who stands with his back towards me. "Hey Teal'c, where's Sam and Jack?" He turns aroun to me. "Colonel O'neill and Major Carter are out looking for you. We worried when you did not answer us Daniel Jackson." He says in his calm jaffa-way. "Really, I didn't notice. There could be somthing that interferes with the radio signal. But in that case there must be something unusual on this planet that we haven't found yet." Teal'c calls them. "Yes Teal'c we are here." Sam answers. "Okay it seems to be working now." I say to Teal'c. "Dr Jackson is here, you can come back to the gate." Teal'c tells them. Jack answers something rude about me being deaf. I roll my eyes. "I'll just pretend that I didn't hear that." I mumble.

Jack's PoV.

We are just starting to walk all the way back to the gate when we hear a familiar sound. We freeze where we are standing. "Do you hear that too?" Sam asks me and I nod. "Yes. Where is it? I can't see it." She shakes her head a little to say that she doesn't know either. Suddenly a mothership becomes visible right above the threes. "That's scary close. You think they know that we are here?" As an answer to my question someone activates the ring transporters from the ship to the planet. "Did you know that was there?" I say. But when 10 jaffa gets transported down I realise that it might not be the best time to talk about that. They haven't realised that we are here yet and we want to kep it that way. "Daniel, Teal'c go home through the gate without us. There are many jaffas here and if they notice us I don't want you to be stuck here with us. We will try to get back to the gate as fast as we can." Daniel answers quick. "No, Jack, we are not leaving you and Sam here, we are waiting and guarding the gate." I sigh. "Daniel, that's no use. Go back through the gate while you still have the chanse! Do I have to make it an order?" I whisper-yell. "No. Fine, we will go back but we will return with a couple of other teamsters if you doesn't return in 24 hours!" Daniel says. We both know that he doesn't decide if he can bring back-up but I'm sure General Hammond would agree with him. Sam and I tries to slowly sneak awy from there but somehow they seems to see us and starts to chase after us. "Run!" I yell to Sam. Not that I would have to tell her that. I don't know how but just as we think we lost them they come at us from everywhere. They surround us. The jaffa who is highest ranked of them, first prime I think they are called, stands in front of us and smile. "Our god will be most pleased with us. We have captured the proverbial Jack O'neill and Sam Carter." They takes us with them back to the ship. Crap, something tells me that this isn't going to be a nice visit to our neighbours.

Sam's PoV.

This doesn't look good. Okay, we have actually survived worse situations before. But then Teal'c and Daniel was with us. Now we are just two angainst, I don't know, over 200 jaffa. I think it's safe to say that we are having a little bad luck. Onboard the mothership, Ha'Tak I think they call it, we gets thrown in to a room. They took all our weapons, radios and everything else except our clothers. A force field blocks the door opening and outside they place two guards. The room is maybe 30x30 feet and on the oposite side of the room we have a bench. I walk over to the bench and sit down with a sigh. Jack stands up for a minute, looking around, then realises we have no way of getting out of this room and sits down next to me. "You know, I wish this planet was as boring as I thought it was at first." He says. I nod. "Yeah, me too." I don't know how long time we are in there, they even took our watches so it could have been one hour or maybe 7 hours. "What Goa'uld is ruling around here? Is it someone that we know? One of our ol' buddys?" He asks me. I shrugs. "I think it's a new one sir. At least I haven't seen that Goa'uld symbol before." We sit quietly for a moment and then the force field dissapears and two jaffa's and a Goa'uld enters the room. "Ooh, company." Jack says. One of the Jaffa, clearly the highes ranked, holds up a hand. "Quiet." He says. "Why have you come here, and where are your friends?" He continues. We sit in silence. "Answe me." Jack stands up. "Didn't you just tell us to be quiet?" I don't think it's a good idea for him to annoy them. I was right. The nameless Goa'uld punch him in the face and he falls to the floor. "Where are the shol'va and the other one!?" The he yells at us. "They're not here." I yell back at them while I help Jack up. "Liar!" The Goa'uld rises his hand. Crap, he have a goa'uld hand-device. He turns to me. I take some steps back but that doesn't help much.

Jack's PoV.

The Goa'uld turns to Sam and uses the hand-device on her. She doesn't make a sound but she collapses on the floor. They turn around and walks out of our prison-cell. Before the last jaffa leave he hits me with staff weapon. They leave and turns on the force field. I walk over to Sam and sit down. "Carter?" I shake her a little. She doesn't move. "Carter?" I check her pulse, she's just unconscious. The bench have some kind of mattress like thing so I drag it on to the floor and lays down Sam on it. Since I don't have something better to do after that I lie down on the floor and tries to get some sleep. If we are lucky they will give up and kill us. But they will probably torture us until we die and then put us in a sarcophagus and start it all over again until they have what they want. Which is information about earth and the SGC and we will never tell them anything. I don't think we have such a bright future. I'm not sure we have anything that we can call a future. Something that might be half an hour later Sam wakes up. She move a little then sits up fast. She puts a hand to her forhead. "Ow. I really hate those things..." She mumbles.

Sam's PoV.

I wake up with a nice headace. "Have you come up with an amazing plan to get us out of here?" He jokes. I shake my head a little. "I was just going to ask you the same thing. How long was I out?" I ask him. He shrugs. "Uh, maybe 30 minutes or something." We sit there and discuss how we could escape but every thing we come up with we know isn't going to work. "If we are lucky my dad and some other Tok'ra might try to help us." I say. "Yeah they owe us at least that." The force field dissapears and the Goa'uld and the two Just affa stepps in again. "Oh here we go again..." Jack says and sigh.

Daniel's PoV.
(Four days later.)

"General, we have to go back there with backup before it's too late!" I almost yell at General Hammond. He sighs. "Doctor Jackson, I am aware of that but right now there are only three sg-teams that can help and the Tok'ra will be here tomorrow. If we are lucky they can help us too." I let out a frustrated sigh. "I know sir, but isn't there anything we can do? If Jack where here..." He interrupts me. "But he isn't. And if we want to help them we wait until we are enough to actually have a chanse to save them. Now go get som sleep! Dissmissed." I don't have any more things to say, he isn't going to change his mind anyway, so I walk out of there. I find Teal'c in the commissary. "Hey Teal'c." I sit down at the table. "Daniel Jackson did General Hammond not let us go back to the planet to rescue O'neill and Carter?" I shake my head. "No he wants to wait until tomorrow when two other sg-teams are scheduled to be back and some Tok'ra will be here tomorrow. He don't think it would be wise to try to rescue them if there are ove 70% chance for us to fail. Which it isn't but I wish there was something we could do." I fall silent. "As do I Daniel Jackson."

Jack's PoV.
(One day later.)

I don't know how long we have been here but it feels like an eternity. I think they have killed me like 8 times. And then they have pit me in that damn sarcophagus so they can kill me again. But the time between that I have been in the sarcophagus and being tortured os nice because that is the only time when every move I make doesn't hurt. They left us, after our latest torture, maybe ten minutes ago. I think I will die for the ninth time the next time. Right now we are both alive. Well, we are still breathing but I'm barely strong enough to move. I sit up against the wall. I am not joking when I say that every move to hurt. It hurts to breathe. It hurts to open and close my eyes. I cough and a wave of paing goes through my body. "Sam?" I say as loud as I can. Wondering if she doesn't know is conscious, hopes she's not because then you feel no pain. She is lying on the floor maybe 15 foot away from me. She moves a little and opens her eyes. "Yes sir?" She whispers. "Nothing. I just..." I stop to take a few breaths. "I just wondered if you where awake." She crawls over to me, sits down in my lap and wraps her arms around my neck, resting her head on my shoulder. "Sam?" I don't know what else to say. "I don't care Jack. Right now I am way too broken both physically and mentally to care." She whispers. I am going to say something about regulations but I realise that I don't care either. I put my arms around her and holds her. Holds her until they come back and tears her away from me.

Jacob's PoV.

General Hammond, Daniel and Teal'c have just informed me of everything they know about Jack and Sam. Which isn't much. The only thing they know is that the mothership's still on the planet and that there are around 150 Jaffa there. They have sg-team 2, 4, 6, 11 and 12 ready to go and I managed to get 12 Tok'ra with me who wants to help rescue them. Counting me, 13. Daniel, Teal'c, Janet and the rest of the medical team is also coming with us. Right now we are all putting on our staff-weapon-proofed vests and arms ourselves with guns, Zat's and C4. When we are done we wait for the rest of us in the gateroom. When all of us is ready they dial up the gate. "Chevron 6 incoded." "Chevron 7 is engaged." The gate opens and we all walk through.

Daniel's PoV.

We only have one order; To bring Jack and Sam home. And I am 100% going to follow that order. If it's so the last thing I do. I know they had done the same thing if I was captured by a Goa'uld. We haven't met any Jaffa yet but they probably know that we are here. I'm sure they noticed that the gate opened and we came through. We can see the mothership, it's still at the same spot, just above the trees. When we enters the forest we can see the jaffa's who are waiting for us. We take protection behind the trees and shoots at them. I think I hit five Jaffa. Hopefully all of them died. A staff weapon blast hits the tree I'm hiding behind. Too close. Teal'c, Jacob, I and two from sg-12 manages to get to the ring transporter. We are onboard in no time. We are not sure where Sam and Jack are held so we split up, Jacob and I, Teal'c and sg-12. I hope we won't meet to many Jaffa because then we have to shoot them and that will make a lot of sound. And we don't want to make it easier for the Jaffas to track us. I take out my zat-gun from the holder. They sounds a lot less when you fire them. We sneak through a couple of corridors before meeting two Jaffa. They weren't prepared to see us so we shoot them with our zat's before they have time to shoot back at us. The next two corridors are empty but in the tird we meet three other Jaffas. They are prepared. They shoot at us but miss, Jacob kills one of them and we take cove behind a wall. I throw a grenade at the last one. We hear a loud explotion and I peek around the corner. The other two Jaffa's are dead. I think they were guarding something in that room because they where standing at the both sides of that door opening. We walk up there and sees Sam and Jack. Sam looks half dead and is passed out. She have her head in Jacks lap. Jack is sitting with his back against the wall. He looks less tortured.

Jack's PoV.

Wait, am I hallucinating again? "Daniel? Jacob?" Daniel smiles. "Hey Jack. Wanna go home?" I smile too. "Finally! I think one of the Jaffa you just killed have the device that controlls the force field." Jacob search the dead Jaffa's and finds it. While they tries to figure out how to remove the force field I try to wake Sam up. "Sam?" I shake her shoulder slightly and she opens her eyes. "What?" She mumbles, I can barely hear what she says. "Daniel and your dad is here to help us escape. Can you walk?" She shakes her head. "I don't even think I can sit up." Her voice isn't more than a whisper. I carefully put her head on the floor and stands up. Daniel and Jacob finally understands how the device works and the force field dissapears. I pick up Sam bridal style and we get out of that damn room. Jacob gives me a look. "How come she is in so much worse shape than you?" He asks me. "I have been to the sarcophagus not so long ago, they have only tortured me once since, she was stronger so she hasn't been in the sarcophagus today." I hide behind a wall when we encounter two Jaffa. I am the only one who can't defend myself. Because I don't have a weapon and I can't use my hands because I'm carrying Sam. But it doesn't matter, Daniel and Jacob takes care of them. "You could think that the Jaffa's would be more prepared to meet enemies. Or they just haven't noticed that we have gotten into the mothership yet. Which they should have." Daniel says. Jacob shrugs. "Who cares, it's just good for us."

Sam's PoV.

I can hear Jack's voice asking me if I'm strong enough to walk. "I don't even think I can sit up." I say, unsure if he actually heard me because my voice won't allow me to do more than whisper. I feel someone pick me up from the floor. I open my eyes long enough to see that it was Jack. Even opening my eyes hurts. It's somehow comforting to know that it's Jack who's carrying me. I really feel.., I don't know, safe in his arms. I really need to stop feeling this way about him. We're not supposed to. It's wrong. But it doesn't feel wrong. It feels right. And that makes it even more wrong. After maybe 30 minutes and three meetings wit Jaffa's we finally found the way out of the mothership. I can hear my dad muttering something about labyrinths. We stand in place to get transported down to the ground when four Jaffa's comes and starts to fire against us. The moment before we get transported down I can hear Daniel scream out of pain.

Daniel's PoV. (Down at the planet.)

Agh, that damn Jaffa shot me! It hit my arm! I don't think anyone that haven't been shot with a
staff-weapon knows how much it hurts. It feels like someone is holding my arm in a fire. I try to block out the pain and stands up, we have to get back to the gate. "We have Carter and O'neill, get back to the SGC!' Jacob shouts. A minute or two later Teal'c and sg-12 comes back from the mothership too. Everybody retreats and we try to get back to the gate. What I can see It's just me and around 9 others that are injured. And then I'm not counting those who died. But it's still really good. Especially as we were just 40 people against over 100 jaffa's. We have been lucky. But maybe our luck will end now. When we get close enough to see the gate we also see around 25 Jaffa who is guarding the gate. Wasn't it enough that I was shot? Do they have to increase the chance that I will be shot again? Well, I'm not planing on dying today. I take my Zat, it's easy to fire with one hand. And right now I only have one hand to shot with. Before we attack the medical team put some bandages on my arm. Janet smiles at me when she and the others are done with my arm. "I know it's pointless to say, but try to be carefull with your arm the next few days." I nod. "I'll try." I promise her.

Janet's PoV.

After making Daniel to promise to be carefull whith his injured arm I walk over, well sneake over to Sam and Jack so the Jaffas won't notice us. Jack is sitting down, still having a passed out Sam in his arms. I sit down on my knees next to them. "How is she?" I ask concerned. Not just concerned about a sg-team members life, concerned about my friends life. He looks up at me. "I don't know. Not good." He answer with a bit of sadness in his voice. I take a little plastic jar with painkillers out of my bag with medications. "I can give her these but she have to swallow them, so she have to wake up." I say and he nod understanding. He gently strokes away some hair from her face. "Sam? You need to wake up." He says and her eyes opens a little, very little. I can't help wondering when they started to use their first names. She mumbles something I can't hear too Jack. "Sam, can you swallow these?" I ask her. She opens her eyes wider to see what I want her to swallow. She nod. "I think so." She says with a very weak voice. I give her two painkiller and she, with some effort, swallows them. "They should start to work in 15 minutes." I turn to Jack. "Do you need a painkiller? Or something else?" He shakes his head. "No I'm fine, give them to somebody who needs them more than me." I nod and stand up. I'm needed else where. Nearly half of us got hurt in some way during the battle. And very soon we will have too battle again to get to the gate.

Jacob's PoV.

We get ready to take over the gate so we can get home again. We have been on this god forsaken planet for over 2 hours. Time to get back home. Wherever "home" is. It's a little weird to not call earth your home anymore. Everybody who still can fight takes their weapons and we get ready. Sam still isn't strong enough to walk so Jack is still carrying her. It's weird, I think they have gotten a lot closer since the last time I saw her. And I think I heard Jack use Sam's name before. What happend to Major? And Anise won't tell me what happen before with the Zatarc incident. She just says "it's personal, you'll have to ask them" when I ask her. And something tells me that I won't get an answer from them either. She have never been big on talking about her personal life. And I might not have been the best dad when it comes to listening either. Everybody stands ready when Teal'c gives the signal and we starts to fire at the Jaffa.

General Hammonds PoV.

The gate activates and sg-4's irirscode get sent through to us. Sg-4 was one of the team we sent to P3X-816 to rescue Major Carter and Colonel O'neill. "Open the iris." I yell at Siler who opens it immediately. A lot of tired and injuredsg-team members and Tok'ra runs out of the gate. Many of them looked injured and some of them fell down to the floor unconscious the moment they got of the ramp. I can see Jacob count everybody and he turns to the control room and shouts "Close the iris!" I turn to Siler again. "Do it." He closes the iris. Janet and everybody in her medical team runs around and tries to help everyone that are injured. I can see Jack walk away towards the infirmary with a Passed out Sam in his arms. I walk down to the gateroom to speak with Jacob. "General. The rescue was a success but we lost 8 men." He says. I nod. That is 8 family's that have lost a loved one and we can't even tell them what really happend. The ones that isn't injured so bad I tell to meet me in the briefing room in 7 hours, so they have some time to rest, change clothes, look over their small injuries and maybe take a shower.

Jack's PoV.

They infirmary is a little less crowded now than an hour ago, most injuris wasn't so bad and only needed a bandage or something. Now it's just around 9 people here with severe injuries who have gotten a bed to stay in. 10 if you count me but I'm not staying in my bed, I am sitting on a chair next to Sam's bed. Janet have tried to make me go back to my bed and sleep a couple of times bit she gave up an hour ago. I wasn't that injured so she is content with me as long as I take my medication. Since I put her down at this bed she has been awake once when Janet made her wake up so she could take her medication. But even if she isn't awake I still sit here. It's not like I have something better to do, if I wasn't sitting here I would probably just walk around the base and bother people. I notice that Janet are standing behind me. I look at her. "She's going to be fine, right?" I ask her. She smiles comforting. "Of course, she just needs to rest." She gives me a look. "Are you really going to sit here all day?" I nod. "Yeah." She sighs. "And I suppose that there is nothing I can do to make you leave or rest for a moment... She should wake up in an hour or two." Janet leaves to take care of another patient. I look at Sam. She is beautiful. I want her to wake up and give me one of her smiles. They always make me feel better. She makes me feel better. I know we agreed on "leaving it in the room". And I know we can't take it out of that "room". But... I want to be able to pull her into a hug whenever I want to. I want to be allowed to kiss her. Have her sleeping in my arms. She looks so peaceful when she is asleep. I look away from her and sigh. I wish I could tell her that I love her.

Daniel's PoV.

I was going to visit the infirmary and see if Sam has woken up yet but I stayed in the door opening when I saw that Jack was already there. Teal'c told me what they said during the Zatarc tests. Not that I hadn't already noticed that there was something special between them. If you look closely you can see it. They way they act around each other and the way they smile. It's just something about them that feels like it's right. I don't really understand how they manage to ignore their feelings for each other. I know that if Sha're and I was working in the military I wouldn't give a damn about rules. I would do anything to be with her again. And I think Sam and Jack would do anything to make sure that the other one is okay. They would do anything to save each other. And that I know how true their love is just makes me mad at the air force. I'm pretty sure Sam and Jack could remain professional at work and I don't think their judgement calls would change. I decide to leave them alone and starts to walk back to my quarters.

Sam's PoV.

I open my eyes and brightness makes the dark disappear. At first everything is blurry but soon my eyes get used to being open. I look around a little and my eyes fall on Jack. "Hi Carter, you back to the land of the conscious?" He smiles and I smile too. "I guess so." He stands up. "I'll be right back." He says and leaves. He come back a minute later with Janet with him. "Hey, how are you feeling?" Janet asks me. I try moving my arms and see if it still hurts. It does. But not as much. "Better than before. And my head doesn't hurt anymore." Janet nods. "Good, you should be allowed to leave the infirmary in a couple of days. I just want to run some tests first to see if you are okay." She says, gives me a smile and hurries of to another patient, leaving us. Jack looks at me and smiles a little. "So... You okay?" He sits down in the chair next to my bed again. "Yeah, I feel okay." I give him a little smile back. "How long have I been asleep?" I ask him. "Eh, about 2 hours I think." I'm just going to ask him something else when Janet comes back. "I told you that you could stay until she woke up, she is awake now go get some sleep." She says and points to the door. She walks away again and Jack rolls his eyes.

Jack's PoV.

Janet told me to get out and I don't want to be on her bad side, she has access to all the needles. I say good bye to Sam. "See you tomorrow, sir." She replies and closes her eyes. I turn around and walk away in the direction of my quarters. She got that look in her eye before I left. That look that means that there is something she want to say but can't. The look that is so much more than a look. I close the door to my quarters and lye down on my bed. I sigh. I'm supposed to go to the briefing in four and a half hour so it's probably good if I try to rest a little. I close my eyes but I'm not tired. "Gah." I say because I got nothing else to do. I lay there for a moment and apparently I fall asleep because I wake up later. I take a look at my watch. Oh crap, I'm late to the briefing. I run through the corridors, trying not to run into someone. I open the door to the briefing room. "Sorry I'm late sir, I fell asleep." He nods and makes a gesture to me to tell me to sit down.

Daniel's PoV.
(Like an hour later.)

I don't know why but Jack have a bad habit of visiting me when I work when he is bored. It's very unhelpful to have him here complaining and annoying me when I try to concentrate on alien text. Now he is here again. "What do you want Jack?" I say with a sigh. But I already know he's here because he have nowhere else to be. "Nothing. Just talk. Or something." I turn to him. "If you want to annoy someone why won't you go bother General Hammond. Or Teal'c. I got work to do." He gives me a look. "Nah, General Hammond is in a meeting and Teal'c could kick my ass. And I didn't come here because I wanted to annoy you." I look at him suspiciously, what do he want? "Sooo... Why are you here then?" I ask him. He puts down a book that he pickes up a moment ago. "Do you think I should resign?" I stand silent. It's not that I am surprised that he thinks about that. It's more that I am surprised that he asked me. And I don't really know what to say. But I do know why he would want to resign.  "Uh... Why do you ask me?" He sighs. "I don't know... I shouldn't even be thinking about it." He turns to the door like he is thinking about leaving. He turns back to me. "I might need a little helpful friendly advice. ...or something." He says and sit down at the second chair. He continues. "You may know that I might, well I have some...-" He seems to have a hard time to sau it so I cut him off. "That you and Sam loves each other? Yes." He just looks at me. "When did you...?" He asks, knowing that he doesn't have to finish the sentence. "Well, it's hard to miss if you are one of them who spends almost every day with you two. And don't worry, I don't think the General knows. It's probably just me, Janet, Teal'c and Cassie who knows." I say and he sighs. "Well then. What do you think I should do?"

Sam's PoV.

The next time I wake up Jack is still gone but my dad is sitting on the chair. "Hey kiddo." He says and I smile. "Hi dad." I sit up and lean back toward my pillow. "You look a lot better now." He smiles too. "I feel better but Janet won't let me leave the infirmamry until tomorrow..." I complain. Janet who just walked by heard that and stopped. "No, you can go tomorrow if all the tests says that you're in good health." I know it's pointless to argue against her so I turn to my dad and Janet walks to her office. "So, how's Selmac?" I ask them.(Them being Jacob and Selmac.) "I am good." Selmac answers, then he falls silent and lets my dad and me talk for a while. "I'm sorry I didn't come visit you in the infirmary sooner but you and Jack seemed to have a good time." I can feel that I'm blushing a little and I curse my blood. "Yeah? So?" He smiles. "Nothing. You just seems kind of close." I give him another suspicious look. "He's my friend." I say and tries to ignore what my heart is screaming to me. My dad is still smiling that weird smile. "Mhm. Okay." He says. I don't know why that smile is weird. Maybe I have just never seen him smile for this long before. Well, at least since mom died. "Regulations isn't everything." He whispers. And with that he leaves. I just stare after him. How did he even... Know?

Daniel's PoV.

"Well... The heart wants what it wants." I say. "Yeah, I have noticed. And how is that hepling me?" I shrug. "I don't know. I'm just saying... Well, think about this, what do you want? What do she want? Is it worth risking your careers for?" That made him stay silent for a couple of minutes so I just keep translating the word I was working om when he came here and interrupted me. "I want her. I don't really know what she want. It would be worth risking my career for it but not hers." He finally says and I look up from the alien text I'm translating. "Okay good, now you know that. Now I think you should talk to her. She might think that her career is worth risking for you." I say. "Yeah..." He says with hesitation. I roll my eyes. "Get it together, I know that she loves you." I say and forces him out of my lab. I know that they need to talk and I want some peace and quiet. "Good luck." I say with a smile and closes the door.

Jack's PoV.

Damn, Daniel pointing out that Sam and I need to talk makes it even harder to ignore. But he is right. I should be talking to Sam about this, not Daniel. But I want to be able to talk in private so I have to wait until she is allowed to leave the infirmary. I just wander around in the corridors, not sure where to go or what to do to pass time. I walk by Jacob who gives me a smile, which is weird because he doesn't smile at me so much. I realise that I am standing outside the infirmary. Sam is sitting in her bed and reading a book. Probably one that I wouldn't understand a word from. She is way smarter than me, she must know that she should put her career before me. But I think back at the hug on the mothership. And the Zatarc test. And the kiss in the time loop. And a lot of other times. And I realise that she might want to risk her career for me. Even though I don't want her too I still want her too. Because I want her. Because I love her. I walk into the infirmary. "Hey Carter." I say and stand next to her bed. I don't sit down because I'm not going to stay long. "Hi sir." She gives me one of her amazing smiles. "So do you know when you are allowed to leave the infirmary?" I ask her and she nods. "Yes, tomorrow if my tests says I'm healthy enough." I take a deep breath. "I would want to talk to you then. It's important." I say. "Okay." I can feel her eyes at my back when I leave the infirmary.

Sam's PoV.

When Jack leaves I immediately start to overthink. What does he want to talk about? If he says it's important it is and he looked serious. Is it about the hug on the mothership? I was just really vulnerable then. I try to stop thinking and concentrate on my book but when I started to think about the hug on the mothership I just couldn't stop thinking about how warm and safe it had felt with his arms around me. I close the book and sighs. I'm not going to read anymre today. I try to sleep instead.

Janet's PoV.
(Next day 4.00 am.)

It's 4 in the morning and I haven't gone to bed yet. Too many things to do. There is a nock on the door to my office. "Come in." Sam opens the door. "Am I allowed to leave the infirmary?" She asks. "Why are you up this early?" I say to her. "I woke up and couldn't fall asleep again. Can I leave the infirmary?" She asks again. I sigh. "Yes you can, your tests came back and you are as healthy as an sg-team member can be." She smile. "Thank you Janet." And leaves. "I want you to take it easy today." I yell after her. It's impossible to make people stay in the infirmary.

Sam's PoV.

I walk down the corridor to my quarters to get some clean clothes to wear. When I'm done I go to the commissary to get something to eat. I take my usual blue yello and a cup of coffee. I look oit over the commissary to see where I can sit. It's almost empty, there aren't many people up at 4 am. I see general Hammond, my dad and Jack at one of the tables. Except from them it's only me here. I walk up to them and sit down. "Good morning." I say. "You sound happy today?" My dad says. "Well, anyone would be happy to get out of the infirmary." I explain. Jack looks at me with a little smile. "Can't argue with that." He says. My dad stands up. "It's time for me to go get some work done, I'm going back to the Tok'ra tomorrow." He says. General Hammond follows him. "I also have a lot of paperwork to do." He says and they leave the , leaving me and Jack alone. We eat in silence. I decide to break the silence. "You wanted to talk to me?" I ask him. "Yeah. But not here. To many surveillance cameras." He says and I don't know if that is a joke or not so I just nod. We eat up and leave. We end up in his quarters. He closes the door. I'm trying not to show him that I'm nervous. I still don't know what he wants to talk about. "So...?" I ask him. If you now could call that a question. He looks at me. "Yeah. I want to talk to you about ...things." I shake my head a little. "What things?" I think I know what he means with 'things'. But I still have to ask. "Things between... Us." He says.

Jack's PoV.

"Things between... Us." I say. She blushes a little. "Yeah. You're right about that." She looks down at the floor. "There is definitely still a lot between us." I say and she looks up and smiles a little, little. "Yeah, you could say that." She sighs. "And I can agree about that we should talk." She sits down on my bed and pulls her arms around herself. "I wish everything was easier." She says. I nod. "Yeah, me too." I look at her, she's beautiful. I sit down on the bed next to her. "I also wish we could do something stupid, without worrying over the results." She looks into my eyes. "There won't be any result if nobody knows." She looks away. "We should probably discuss what we want." I say. Her blue eyes meets mine again. "I want you." She takes a trembling breath. "Us." I put one of my arm around her shoulders. "I want that too. And you are right, What they don't know can't hurt them." I put my hand on her cheek and pulls her face closer. Our lips meets. I pull her up on my lap and she puts her arms around my neck. She presses her body closer. I have one of my hands on her neck. My other hand is on the end of her back. I can feel the heat of her body through the fabric of her clothers. My tounge touches her lips and she separates them so our tounges are touching. Her touch are like fire on my skin. I have dreamt about this moment for years. She lets out a small moan. Her hands slip in under my t-shirt. The door to my quarters opens and we jump away from each other. I straighten my shirt. Jacob is standing in the door opening. 'Oh, good, I'm going to die.' I think to myself. "Hi dad." Sam says. I don't know if Jacob saw anything. He don't show in any way that he did. "General Hammond wants to talk to you about your next mission Colonel." I give Sam an apologizing look and hurries out.

Sam's PoV.

Oh, god. Did my dad see anything? I really hope I am not blushing right now. He just smirks and says, "I leave tomorrow, I thought we could like go out somewhere and eat today. Catch up a little?" I nod. "Sure. Where do you want to go?" He shrugs. "I don't know, some little place, a café or something."

(Still Sam's PoV but later that day at a café.)

We have a cup of coffee each. "I have missed coffee." My dad says. "The Tok'ra should have coffee." He continues. I smile and takes a sip. "So, I see that you screwed the regs?" He asks with a smirk and I almost choke on my coffee. "Oh, you saw that, did you." I stare at the cup in my hands. Crap, I had begun to think that he didn't see us kiss. "Sam, I'm not mad about it. I told you regulations wasn't everything." He says and I look up at him. "Yeah, by the way, why did you say that?" I ask him because he is usualy very by the book. "Despite what you may think I do know what love is. And... You are my daughter, I want you to be happy." He says. It surprises me but makes me smile. "Thanks. It means a lot to me." I take another sip. "How did you know about our feelings for each other in the first place?" I ask curiously. The only ones I thought knew was Teal'c, Janet and Daniel, I am sure that Janet and Teal'c told Daniel about the Zatarc incident. "Anise told me when I asked what happend." I look at him. "What? We told her not to tell anyone, that was personal!" I realise I'm talking loudly so I lower my voice. "But I didn't really need her to tell me that." He says. I sigh. "Is it that easy to see?" I ask, hoping it's not. "If you know that it's there it is easy to see." He says with a little smile. We drink the last of our coffee. "I need to be back at the SGC in 40 minutes and get ready for Sg-1's next mission." We stand up and walks out to my car.

Jacob's PoV.

Back at the SGC we meet Jack outside the elevator. "Hey Carter...s." He smiles. I think the smile is meant most for Sam. They walk 7 feet ahead of me. I can see that they are talking but I can't hear what they are talking about. Sam turns to me. "We got to get ready for our mission now, I don't know if we will be back before you leave." She says. I give her a quick hug. "Bye Sammie." They walk away and I look after them. Jack touches her arm and she turns and smiles at him.

Sam's PoV.

We walk to my quarters to continue our 'talk'. I close the door and he backs me up against a wall with a smirk. I feel butterflies in my stomach as if I where a teenager again. I put one hand on his neck and kisses him hard on the lips. His lips are surprisingly soft against mine. His hands search my body. I don't know how this can feel so right. I pull of his t-shirt. "You're so beautiful." He whispers and kisses my neck. His touch makes me shiver a little. "And you are very handsome." I press my lips to his chest. He takes of my shirt. His lips brushes against mine again. "I-" He starts to say but I cut him of with a kiss. "I'm not just saying this because of the heat of the moment, I have known this for two or three years now. I love you." He strokes off a strand of my hair. His words brings out a little smile on my lipps. "I love you too." I whisper back to him and presses my lips to his.
End Notes: This is the first story I publish on samandjack.net

I hope you enjoyed reading this. Please send feedback.

This story archived at http://www.samandjack.net/fanfics/viewstory.php?sid=4437