Shindig by Alimoo1971
Summary: Jack and Sam attend a few parties before their wedding. Sequel to Window of Opportunity. This story is also cross over with Stargate Atlantis
Rated: PG13
Genres: Action & Adventure, Alternate Universe or Reality, General, Humour, Hurt/Comfort, Romance
Original Archive Date: None
Warnings: None
Series: New Beginnings
Chapters: 18 | Word count: 25558 | Completed: Yes | Published: Jun 16, 2013 | Updated: Aug 26, 2013 | Read: 29799
Story Notes: You might want to read the series that starts with 'Jack’s Secret' for this to make better sense.
Chapter 1 by Alimoo1971
Author's Notes: You might want to read the series that starts with 'Jack’s Secret' for this to make better sense.
TITLE: Shindig

AUTHOR: Alimoo1971

RATING:

SPOILERS: Season eight

CATEGORY:

PAIRINGS: Jack& Sam

SUMMARY: Jack and Sam attend a few parties before their wedding. Sequel to Window of Opportunity.

ARCHIVE: SJD, Yes. S/J NC17 Fanfic Archive, Fan fiction, Heliopolis

DISCLAIMER: OK, don't own characters. Made this story up, didn't make any money out of it, yada, yada, you know the rest.

FEED BACK: Yes Please

NOTES: You might want to read the series that starts with 'Jack’s Secret' for this to make better sense.

SONGS:

***********************************************

It had been three weeks since Sam visited Pete’s grave. Jack and Sam had hardly seen each other once since Sam had been busy off world at the Alpha and Gamma sites.

Jack was in the gate room when SG-22 returned from off world. They had been talking for a couple of minutes then the gate started spinning and the alarms sounded.

They all watched as the defence teams ran into the room and waited with their guns raised. When the wormhole formed, the iris closed. Jack turned and looked up into the control room.

“Getting the Alpha site IDC, Sir.”

“Open the iris.” Jack turned around just as the iris opened.

They all waited, then two figures stepped on the ramp and the gate shut down.

“Stand down. SG-22, we will debrief on Tuesday morning at 1000.”

“Yes, Sir.”

Then SG-22 and the defence team walked out of the gate room just as the two figures walked down the ramp and then stopped in front of Jack.

“Welcome back, Dad,” Jack said as he shook Jacob’s hand.

“Thanks, Jack.”

“Welcome back… Colonel,” Jack said as he smiled.

“It’s good to be back… Sir,” Sam said as she smiled.

“So is everything ok at the Alpha site?”

“For now.”

“Ok. Well why don’t I meet you both at home then since it’s almost 1700?”

“Sure. I could do with a soak in the tub right now.”

“Ok. I’ll be home in couple of hours. I’ll bring something home… what would you like for dinner?”

“It doesn’t matter to me, Jack,” Jacob responded.

“Pizza,” Sam said.

“Ok pizza it is. See you both then.”

After Jacob and Sam had their post mission exams and showers, they dressed in their civvies before leaving the base for the night. Jacob and Sam talked until she parked her car in the garage.

They walked into the house and down to their rooms where they put their bags on their beds. Sam walked back and into the kitchen so she could get her a drink.

When she opened the fridge door, she was shocked to see it full of drinks and food. She selected a bottle of water out then closed the door just as Jacob walked in.

“Jack’s been shopping.”

“What, you mean there is more than beer and old salsa in the fridge?” Sam giggled.

“Yep, take a look. I’m going to go have that soak in the tub.” She walked past Jacob, down the hall to the master bedroom, and into the bathroom where she put the plug in and turned the taps on.

Jacob opened the fridge door and raised his eyebrows. He chose a bottle of juice then closed the door.

‘At least there are no eels in the fridge,’ Selmac said as she laughed.

1.‘Funny, Sel, he might buy some on the way home,’ Jacob said smiling.

‘Very funny… he might buy one of those packets of snakes.’

‘He might.’

They walked down and into the living room where Jacob picked up the cordless phone and pressed speed dial five just as he sat down on the couch. All Jacob got was the answering machine, so he left a message before hanging up.

He put the phone on the coffee table then picked up the TV remote and turned it on and flicked through the channels to find a station with news so he could get caught up on what had been happening on Earth. Instead, he came across an old movie that was one of his favorites, so he and Selmac decided to watch it.

When Jack arrived, it was after seven o’clock. He smiled when Sam greeted him.

“Hey, missed you,” he said, smiling, then gave her a kiss.

“Missed you too, Jack.”

“Mmm, you smell wonderful.”

“I just had my bath and made Dad’s bed.”

“How are you feeling?” They walked into the living room.

“Relaxed. It’s good to be home.”

“Good. Hi, Dad.”

“Jack.”

Jack put the pizzas on the table when he saw their drinks on the coffee table.

“Daniel and Teal’c will be back tomorrow. They are with SG-2 on a three-day mission”

“Three days… Daniel found some artifacts?” Sam asked as she opened the first box.

“Yep, it was going to take them thirteen hours to reach some sort of temple that the UAV revealed.”

“That should make Daniel very happy.”

“Oh he is. He bugged me for two days before I let him go.” Sam couldn’t help laughing as she recalled how Jack and Daniel loved to ‘discuss’ issues in their own special way. Jacob just smiled as he picked up a slice of pizza.

“Now it’s so much quieter on the base.”

“Yeah, so, Dad, how long will you be in town?”

“Actually, a whole week. I was hoping to talk to Mark and his family, but they’re not home tonight.”

“You can try again tomorrow,” Jack said smiling. They talked for a couple of hours before going to bed for the night.

When Jack and Sam were in bed, they kissed and made love three times before falling asleep in each other’s arms.

The next morning, Jack got up and put on a pair of sweat pants, he went to relieve himself and wash his hands before walking out of the bedroom leaving Sam to sleep a bit longer. He walked into the kitchen to see Jacob making himself a cup of tea.

“Morning, Dad.”

“Morning, Jack. Sam still sleeping?”

“Yep. I’m going to wake her in few minutes. So, pancakes for breakfast?”

“Sounds good to me. What’s the date today?”

“The fourth.”

“Independence day?”

“Yep. Teal’c, Daniel, Cassie, Mom, Dad and the families are coming at lunch time for a barbecue shindig. Then we will all head into town for the parade. Afterwards, we’ll go to the Garden of the Gods. There’s a carnival in town and fireworks tonight.”

“What about Mark…?”

“They’re here, staying at a hotel,” Jack said, smiling.

“Does Sam know?”

“No, not yet. If you want, you can go visit with them while I show Sam some land that just came up for sale.”

“Sure. Which hotel?”

“Academy Hotel, on Academy Boulevard.”

“Thanks.”

Jack reached over and turned on the coffee maker, which he had filled with water and coffee the night before.

“I’ll go wake up Sam.”

He walked in and closed the door, and then he walked over and sat on the bed. He leaned over, kissing her softly on her lips. When he pulled back, he smiled to see her gorgeous blue eyes looking at him.

“Morning, beautiful,” he said.

“Morning. Come back to bed.”

“I would love to, Sam, but Dad is up and I’m making pancakes for breakfast.”

“Mmm, sounds good… with blueberries?”

“Don’t worry, I know how you like yours.” He couldn’t resist just one more kiss.

“Do you have to work today?”

“Nope.”

“So what have you planned for this morning?”

“Well, after breakfast, I’m going to take you to see some land that came up for sale last week.”

“Where, how much?” she asked as she sat up.

“It’s in the Black Forest area, two acres of mostly flat land, and only ten minutes from the Academy.”

“You're joking! No, you're not joking, have you already seen the land?” Jack smiled and kissed the tip of her nose.

“No telling, so come on, up you get.” Sam laid back down just as Jack stood.

“Sam.” He looked down at her.

“Yes, Jack?”

Jack leaned over her and kissed her, and then he quickly pulled the sheet off her then stood.

“Jack, did you have to do that?”

“Yep, come on.”

He walked over to his dresser and opened a drawer just as Sam got up from the bed and walked into the bathroom yelling out, “Revenge can be sweet, Jack.” Then she closed the door.

Jack shook his head. He pulled out some clothes then he got dressed in jeans, boxers, shirt and socks. He had just finished getting dressed when Sam walked out and over to him then gave him a kiss.

“You just wait until tonight, Jack. I’ll let you worry all day today about what my revenge will be.” She grabbed his crotch and gave it a light squeeze then let go.

“Sam!”

“Yes, Jack?” she said smiling as she turned and walked to the other dresser and opened a drawer.

“You’re going to pay later.”

“Oh I’m looking forward to it.” Sam pulled out a blue silk and lace panties and bra set.

Jack saw what she had selected and watched her put them on. Sam knew that he loved her wearing sexy underwear, because it always turned him on.

“Damn you, Sam!” He walked to the door and opened it and walked out. Just as he was closing the door, he heard Sam giggle.

Once Sam was dressed, she made the bed before walking out of the bedroom and down and into the kitchen.

When Jack returned to the kitchen, Jacob was sitting at the breakfast bar reading the newspaper.

“Having problems getting Sam out of bed?” Jacob asked.

“Yeah, but I managed.”

“Ah ha, you’re in trouble aren’t you?”

“Yeah, but I’ll live… I hope.” Jacob smiled. Jack started putting together the ingredients he needed and started making pancakes while talking to Jacob until Sam walked into the kitchen and over to Jacob.

“Morning Dad, Selmac.” She kissed him on the cheek.

“Morning Sam. Did you sleep well last night?” He gave her a wink.

“Yep, I hope we weren’t too loud last night.”

“No, not at all.”

“Uh huh.” She walked around the bar and over to the coffee maker where Jack was pouring the hot beverage into a couple of mugs, then he passed one to Sam.

“Thanks, Jack.” They talked about the day’s plans and things that had been happening at the SGC while Jack cooked breakfast.

After they had finished eating and the dishes were done, Jack and Sam left so they could look at the land. Jacob left a few minutes later.

This story archived at http://www.samandjack.net/fanfics/viewstory.php?sid=4417