I Don't Think You Do by WhiteTigers
Summary: Sam gets injured. Jack tries to admit something to her. Will she accept?
Rated: PG
Genres: UST/Friendship
Original Archive Date: None
Warnings: None
Series: None
Chapters: 14 | Word count: 12009 | Completed: Yes | Published: Jul 16, 2012 | Updated: Nov 10, 2012 | Read: 168277
Story Notes: Spoilers- None

I own nothing!

1. Chapter 1 by WhiteTigers

2. Chapter 2 by WhiteTigers

3. Chapter 3 by WhiteTigers

4. Chapter 4 by WhiteTigers

5. Chapter 5 by WhiteTigers

6. Chapter 6 by WhiteTigers

7. Chapter 7 by WhiteTigers

8. Chapter 8 by WhiteTigers

9. Chapter 9 by WhiteTigers

10. Chapter 10 by WhiteTigers

11. Chapter 11 by WhiteTigers

12. Chapter 12 by WhiteTigers

13. Chapter 13 by WhiteTigers

14. Chapter 14 by WhiteTigers

Chapter 1 by WhiteTigers
I looked up at the General,

"I don't know what happened, Sir. We were just doing what we normally do and then out of blue, we were under enemy fire."

"Understood." He replied.

"Any word on Carter?" I asked.

"Yes, Doctor Fraiser said she is stable and is awake." I nodded,

"Is there anything else, Sir?"

"You're dismissed." I walked out and headed to the infirmary.

----------

There was an explosion behind us.

"Daniel! What the hell! I thought you said this was a safe planet!" I yelled at Daniel.

"I thought it was!" He yelled back.

"Carter, dial us up!" I commanded. When there was no reply, I looked back.

"Carter!" Still no reply.

"Carter, where the hell are you!?" I asked her over the radio. When she didn't reply I got worried.

"Daniel and Teal'c, go through the gate and keep it open!" Daniel was dialing Earth while I ran back to the woods we came from. I tripped over something. When I got up, I looked at it. It was Carter's P90.

"Carter!" I yelled. I looked around and saw blonde hair in the mix of the green. I ran over to her.

"Carter!" I yelled at her. Her eyes were closed. Her usually pink lips were now the color of her pale face.

"Carter wake up," I pleaded. I brushed hair out of her eyes.

"Come on Sam. Wake up!" She moaned and her eyes fluttered open for a minute,

"Go with out me, Sir."

"Can't do that Carter."

"Jack," She placed a hand on my arm, "save yourself. Go. Please." She had tears running down her cheeks. Her voice was weak and shaky. I took her pretty face in my hands,

"I am not leaving you Sam. I have lost too much already." I picked her delicate body in my arms and ran back to the Gate. It was still open so I ran through. On the other side I yelled for a medical team.

It was going to be a long debriefing.

----------

I walked in the infirmary and looked for Sam. I ran into the Doc.

"Where's Carter?" I asked.

"Over there," She pointed to closed curtains.

"What's wrong with her?"

"She has a pretty bad cut on her leg, took a good hit to the head, but she'll be fine in about a week."

I nodded and headed in that direction. I opened the curtain and there lay my beautiful Sam. I pulled up a chair and sat down.

"Hey, kiddo. How ya feeling?" I asked her gently. Her blue eyes fluttered open and she gave me a faint smile,

"I've been better."

"You took a pretty good hit."

"I know." I looked her over. The color had returned to her lips, but she still looked pale.

"I was worried about you." I said.

"Why?" She asked.

"Well, when you didn't answer me, I assumed something worse happened to you. And it almost did." I replied honestly.

"You would've felt the same way if it happened to Daniel or Teal'c." She said.

"Yeah, but I was feeling something else. That I've never felt before." She looked at me.

"Sir," She said. I knew she knew what I was talking about.

"Sam. I can't deny it anymore." I looked back up at her and tears were glistening in her baby blues.

"But we can't." she said quietly.

"Then I'll retire."

"We need you."

"I need you," I said. She looked down at the hospital bed blanket.

"Don't you feel the same way anymore?" I asked. She looked up at me and stayed silent. I stood up from the chair and put it back to where it was.

"Well, I'm glad you're feeling better, Major."

"Jack, please." She begged. I looked at her and then walked out of the room.

----------

We had downtime until Sam was able to go through the Gate again. I stayed at home, with a beer in my hands at all times. I was crushed. The woman of my dreams used to love me, now she doesn't. When I left the room I went straight home. It wasn't until about a week and a half later that I had company. I was sitting in my chair, drinking a beer, playing chess against myself, when the doorbell rang.

I sighed and went to open the door. When I opened it I was shocked. Sam stood there looking at me.

"Are you gonna let me come in or just let me stand here?" She said. I stepped aside and let her pass.

"Beer?" I asked.

"No thank you." She said.

"What can I do to help you," She looked at me, "Major." I added at the end.

"We need to talk, Sir."

"Talk about what?"

"We never finished that conversation in the infirmary." She said.

"Look, Carter, you don't have to say anything. I understand."

"No, I don't think you do."

"I do. You've got your whole life ahead of you. You don't want some old, beaten down soldier on your hands. I underst-" I didn't get to finish because a pair of soft, full, sweet, tasty lips were on mine. She grabbed my head and kissed me deeper. She pulled back and looked at me,

"No, you don't."

"I guess not."
End Notes: End?
Let me know if you want more! :)
Chapter 2 by WhiteTigers
Author's Notes: I have decided to write more to this story. I don't know how far I'll go. But for now, be expecting more! :)
Well, she did surprise me! I guess I didn't understand. We kissed again after I said,

"I guess not."

She pulled away and looked in my eyes,

"You didn't let me explain in the infirmary."

"I'm sorry."

"I do feel the same way."

"You do?"

"Yes, I just didn't say anything because we were on base."

"So, what do you want to do now?"

"I don't wanna lose you."

"I don't either, Sam."

There was silence. She looked like she was creating a diagram in her head of all of our options.

"Sam," I broke the silence, "I will retire, again, or we can wait. But I don't want to push you, or do anything to make you regret it later."

"Jack. I can't wait any longer. But I don't want you to retire."

"So, what do you say we do"

She gave me a mischievous smile, "Well, Colonel, you were never one big on rules."

"Are you saying we blow the regs?"

She kept smiling at me.

"Well, Major, I think I like your battle plan."

"Why thank you." She said.

"But Sam, what if something happens?"

"Like what?"

"Like we get caught?"

She looked away, thinking of the possibilities and consequences. She turned back to me,

"Jack, don't think I don't know what could happen. Because I do, and I completely scared about it. But before the mission, I was walking downtown and I saw an old couple on the bench. They were so in love. You could see it in there eyes and the way they smiled at each other. And then I saw a young woman with a baby on her hip. That got me thinking. My time is running out, and I don't want to wait any longer for my chance of happiness. I think the world owes me that much for saving it so many times. When you came to talk to me in the infirmary, I wanted to jump up and down and scream like a teenage girl after her crush asks her out. But we were on duty. I realize what will happen if anyone finds out about this. But I'm willing to take the risk if you're going to be by my side through the whole ride."

I sat there in silence. This sounded so unlike the Sam I knew. I looked at her in the eye,

"Sam, I will always be by your side. I just don't want you to regret anything later."

"No regrets. I think I've waited too long to even think about regretting anything that happens between us."

I smiled at her. I was liking this new side of her that only a few people have seen. And I was excited to get to know it better.
End Notes: what should the next one be about? Any suggestions? Please tell me!!!!
Chapter 3 by WhiteTigers
Author's Notes: Sorry this one took so long! I have been busy. But I'm already working on Chapter 4!

Sorry for any mistakes!
"Sam, I have to be honest. I'm not used to this side of you, so if I act weird, please understand?"

She smiled so sweetly at me, "Yes, Sir."

"Oh, and cut the 'sir' crap."

She giggled, "Sorry. Old habit."

We stood there, quietly. It was awkward. We looked everywhere except each other's eyes.

"So..." She said quietly.

"So," I said back, "what do you wanna do?"

"I would like to spend some time with you. I want to know who you are when I'm not looking."

"Ok. What would you like to do?"

"Well, I know you don't like fancy places," She smiled shyly. "So we could stay here, order pizza, and watch that show you like. The cartoon."

"You'll watch the Simpson's with me?"

"I can try."

I laughed, "I'll get the t.v. ready. You wanna call for the pizza?"

"Sure."

"Phone book is by the phone, in the kitchen." I called out to her as she wandered off into the kitchen. I listened to her voice as she was ordering the pizza. Her voice was nicer, lighter, and relaxed. When she said 'thank you' I could hear the smile in her voice. I was done with everything and was sitting on the couch when she came waltzing in with 2 beers.

"You know me too well." I muttered to her as I took the cold drink from her hand and took a sip. She gave me a proud smile and sat down on the couch. She wasn't really sitting next to me. I could tell she was nervous. She kept looking at her beer bottle, as if waiting for it to do tricks.

"I'm not gonna bite, Carter."

She looked at me and then down at the beer, "I know, Sir. Sorry, Jack. It's just so... Different."

"Yeah, I guess it kinda is."

We fell back into a awkward silence. Each of us in our own reveries. I don't know how long we were like that, but one minute I was thinking about the woman sitting next to me. And then then next the doorbell is ringing. We both seemed to jump at loud knocking and ringing.

"I got that." I said and walked to the door. I opened it, handed the kid a twenty dollar bill and shut the door. I walked back in the living room and set the pizza down on the coffee table. I sat down in my previous spot on the couch.

"Dig in." I said. I took a piece and took a bite.

"Ah!" The pizza was hot, and with the one bite I pulled off all the cheese and toppings, and it was slapped to my chin and was burning!

"What's wrong!?" Sam said, alerted. She put her pizza back down and grabbed a napkin. She started wiping my chin off. All I could do was look at her face while she did this. The wrinkle in her nose as she makes sure she got every little bit of sauce. She got a new napkin and just did a quick wipe of my chin, cheeks, and some of my neck. She looked up at me and smiled,

"Now, I know you are a messy eater. But I never knew this bad," She said teasingly.

"Watch it, Major." I mumbled back. She laughed and sat back down, closer to me this time.
End Notes: I still have no clue how far this will go. So, inspiration would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all so much!
Chapter 4 by WhiteTigers
Author's Notes: Chapter 4!
I guess I have nothing else to say. Besides I don't own anything...
So that's it.
ENJOY!!
We ate the pizza and watch the Simpson's. Sam laughed at the jokes and crude humor. We finished with everything, cleaned up, and sat back down on the couch with nothing to do. Another awkward silence filled the room. She looked at me,

"Are you scared?"

Her question caught me way off guard, "What do you mean?"

"If we were to get caught. And the consequences."

"I wouldn't say I'm scared... But that doesn't mean I'm not going to just blow the regs away." I thought back to when she suggested that we just blow the regs. I guess we are. But in some ways we aren't.

She nodded.

"Are you scared of them?"

"The regs?"

"And consequences."

"I'm irritated at the regs. And yes, I guess I am a little worried about the results if something happens. I mean, I worked all my life for my place right now. It's not like a summer job you get as a kid and get fired. My whole future would probably be doomed."

I could see Sam's mind switching to Air Force mode.

"I couldn't agree more." I wanted to say more.

"Look, Carter, you know I'm not good at this whole ''talking out your feelings'' thing, but I'm trying."

She gave me a small smile, "I know."

Silence fell upon us again. Minutes passed when she finally voiced,

"I should probably get going. I don't want to be a bother."

"Sam, you are never a bother. Never could and never will be."

"Thank you," She smiled. "but I really should get going."

"You'd rather be somewhere doing something else then be here with me?" I put m hand to my heart, "I'm crushed, Sam."

She knew I was teasing her. I really didn't want her to leave. But I didn't want to scare her away.

"Jack," She started. I waved her off,

"Don' worry 'bout it, Carter. You still have your own life. I understand."

"No, it's just that, I don't want to rush things. And if I stay, I might start something I can't stop."

"And that would be bad?" I asked.

"Well, no. It's just, everything that I'm feeling right now is overwhelming. But in a good way. Trust me, I want nothing more then to stay here with you. But it's only been a couple of hours. You get what I'm saying?"

I nodded, "Completely. And I agree."

I walked her to the door.

"Goodnight, Jack." She said sweetly. She turned and was just out the door when I called out for her,

"Sam,"

She turned around and looked at me, but before she could reply I wrapped her in my arms and gave her a kiss full on the lips. I could feel the spark burst into flames. She tasted sweet. I then realized she was kissing me right back! The kiss was slow, sensual, tender, and sweet. When breathing again became necessary, I pulled back,

"Goodnight." I said.
End Notes: Did you like?
Please let me know.
Chapter 5 is quickly following behind. :)
Chapter 5 by WhiteTigers
Author's Notes: I am getting as much as I can done. Because I am going to be super busy and won't know when I will have any free time. So, enjoy!!!

I own nothing.
I woke up and looked up at the ceiling. The events of last night came rushing into my head. Was it a dream? I sat up and looked at the time. And then I realized it was Sunday, so I didn't have to get up. But, it was already getting late in the morning. I got up, showered, shaved, brushed my teeth, and put on jeans and a t-shirt. I thought about last night while drinking some coffee.

After I kissed her she smiled, blushing, and walked to her car. I couldn't help nut notice the sway in her hips. I smiled as she drove away. I wonder what she was doing right now. I could still feel her lips on mine. It was driving me crazy with this new hunger for her.

I suddenly had an idea. She was a woman. And probably wanted someone romantic. We never had a real date. Why not take her on one Friday night? But what would she like? Dinner and a movie? Moonlit walks on the beach? I'll have to find out. I'll ask her tomorrow at the base.

I was missing her. I wonder if she was missing me too.

----------(Monday)

I walked out of the locker room, dressed in fatigues. And went to look for a certain blonde haired, blue eyed Major. She was probably in her lab. So I went and checked there first.

Empty.

I went to the commissary.

Nothing. But I did grab a bowl of blue Jello, and went to continue my search. My next guess was her quarters. I navigated my way through the hallways and came to her door. I knocked.

"It's open!" A very sexy feminine voice called out.

I opened it and walked in. She was at her desk, typing something on her laptop.

"Hey," I said.

She looked up and smiled, "Good morning."

I walked over to her, "I brought you something." I held out the bowl of Jello and watched as her face lit up.

"Thank you, but for breakfast?" She asked as she took the bowl.

"Why not? Plus, I bet you haven't eaten anything yet anyways."

"Well, you're right,"

I opened my mouth to interrupt, but she beat me to it,

"But I have a perfectly good excuse."

"Oh? And what's that?"

"Well, you see, that new piece of technology SG-7 brought back had an unusual energy-"

"Ack!" I said and put my hands up. I was lost at the word ''technology''

"Just eat your Jello, will ya?" I said.

She smiled, "Yes, Sir."

I gave her my best mad glare. But I couldn't hold it. Who could stay mad at her?

She took a bite of Jello,

"So, Carter. Any plans Friday?"

"I don't think so, why?"

I didn't want her to know why I had asked, "Because I thought SG1 could have a poker night. We haven't had one in awhile."

She got another spoonful ready, "Sounds great!"

"Good. Want to just ride home with me on Friday then?"

"Sure." She smiled.

"I'll catch ya around, Carter."

"Yasureyoubetchya!" She said as I walked out and couldn't help but laugh.

I went to the infirmary. I needed advice from good 'ol Doc.

"Doc?" I called out.

"Colonel, in my office." I heard her say. I walked in.

"Colonel, what can I do for you today?"

"I need advice."

"Ok?"

"You're a girl, right?"

"The last time I checked I was."

"What do you think is a good date?"

"You have a date?"

I didn't answer right away. "Yeah."

"With Sam?"

"Yeah, sure, Doc."

"Don't worry, she called me Saturday night was acting worse then a teenager. So, I know."

I let out the breath I didn't realize I was holding, "So, do you know what Sam likes or expects?"

"Not a whole lot. She doesn't date that much."

"Well, tell me what you do know."

"Ok. Well, she prefers lilies over roses. She's like you, doesn't care for fancy places, but can go for them anyway. But she does like romantic too."

"Thanks, Doc."

"You're welcome."

With that I left. I had a date to plan.
End Notes: Thank you!
I needs ideas for their big date! Should it end bad or good? Should they take the next big step? Or will one of them stop in the middle of it? Any of your ideas would be helpful! Keep an eye out for Chapter 6! :)
Adios Amigos!
Chapter 6 by WhiteTigers
Author's Notes: Sorry for any mistakes!
Hope you enjoy!
I own nothing
Ok! I have about 10 minutes before I head off to see if Sam is ready to go. I wonder if she will. After all, it is a little early to be leaving for a poker night. I didn't feel this nervous for my first date when I was a kid. I nervously paced my office for 8 minutes.

"Close enough." I mumbled to myself. I walked down the corridors and walked in her lab.

"Knock knock." I said though the open door. She looked up and smiled,

"Why, hello there. I was just wrapping up."

I smiled, "I'm gonna go get changed. Meet you up at the surface in 5?"

She nodded and closed her laptop and stuffed some papers into a folder.

I headed out. I was waiting for her by the elevator. She came prancing down the halls dressed in jeans and long-sleeve shirt. It was simple, but it showed her perfect figure off that she was hiding in fatigues.

"Ready?" I asked.

"Ready." She echoed. We headed out to my truck. We were leaving pretty early so there wasn't anyone in the parking lot. We were walking side by side and then I felt Sam's hand wrap around mine. I looked at her and smiled. She smiled back. I let go of her hand and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. She snaked a hand around my waist and we walked like that to my truck. I let go of her warm body and got in the driver's seat. She got in and buckled herself up.

-----------

The drive was quiet. And when we got to my house, I got out and ran around to the passenger side. I had a blindfold. I opened the door and put it around Sam's eyes.

"Jack!?" She asked, now fully alerted.

"Just trust me, alright?"

She hesitated and then nodded. I helped her out of the seat and walked her towards the woods. I was thankful that she wearing tennis shoes. I had one hand on the small of her back and the other on her arm, guiding her on the small trail in the woods.

Sam was quiet. Which is what I was expecting. She was a solider. She was using her other 4 senses, besides taste, to get as many clues as possible. We walked a little further, and we came upon a small clearing. When she realized we weren't moving anymore she put her hands on the cloth over her eyes and asked,

"May I remove this?"

"You may." I said back. She untied it, pulled it off of her face. She looked around, adjusting to the lighting. When she turned to me, she gave me a questioning look.

"What's this for?" She pointed to everything I had brought out here. It was a blanket, picnic basket, some pillows, and a rose on the picnic basket.

"The truth?" I asked. She nodded.

"Space Monkey and T aren't coming. I never asked them."

"And?" She stretched out the word.

"And, we aren't gonna be playing poker, if you can tell."

"So what will we be doing?"

"I'd thought we could go save the world. Or this time, maybe even Mars!" I said sarcastically. She knew I was teasing.

"Sounds great. But, I really want to know the reason why you dragged me out into the woods."

"I figured we could just relax a bit. You know, just talk."

"Talk about what?"

"I don't know. Anything, I guess."

"But why out here?" I think she was asking me all the questions on purpose. I could see the humor in her eyes.

"Just sit down and find out."

She laughed and sat down beside me. I grabbed the rose and handed it to her.

"Is this a date?" She asked.

"I think so."
End Notes: DON'T WORRY!!! I have got another chapter for the date. Which is already in the making! :)
Thanks for reading!
Chapter 7 by WhiteTigers
Author's Notes: Sorry for mistakes! I know this one took longer, but I was busy all week.
Thanks for the support guys!
She smiled as she took the rose from my hand and brought it to her nose. I don't think I could ever explain to her how much I love her smile.

"So, Colonel, what's the plan for this date?" She said, hiding behind the rose.

I smile, "Well, Major, I didn't plan out anything."

She set the rose down and laid down on her back and looked up at the sky with one arm behind her head and the other one resting on her stomach.

"This is relaxing." She stated, without opening her eyes.

"That's what I was going for." I was now lying on my back as well, with both of my hands behind my head.

"Tell me something about you, Jack." She said, calmly.

My heart accelerated when she said my name, "Like what?"

"I don't know, anything. I really wanna get to know you."

"I think you already know everything about me."

"No, I don't. Do you want me to tell something about me first?"

"I guess."

She seemed to think for a bit before she said anything,

"I was a geek in high school."

I busted out laughing, and she opened her eyes and smiled at me,

"What!?" She asked.

"You were not!"

"I was to!"

"How?"

"I would always get a perfect score on everything, argued with the teachers when they were wrong, never went to a football game on Friday nights. Oh, and I had one boyfriend, who by the way, was also a nerd. But we got into an argument over our Physics homework and never spoke to each other again."

"Well you don't have to worry. I won't argue Physics with you."

"Good. Because, you know I would win."

"That's why I ain't even gonna try." I smiled at her and she laughed.

"So did you go to prom?"

"Does putting up the decorations count?" She asked.

"No."

"Then no."

I paused for a minute.

"I bet you were beautiful. Just like now."

She blushed and gave a 100 mega-watt smile that was blinding.

"Thanks, Jack. But, trust me. I wasn't the prep cheerleader who went to every party. That was every teenage guy's dream."

"Maybe. But now, you're Super Woman! And that is every man's fantasy."

"Sure." She said with a smile. We sat there in silence for a while.

"You still haven't told me anything about you."

"Well do you want something from my childhood?"

"Sure. Or anything you want to tell me."

"I never knew my Dad."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be. He's a real ass. Well, that's what my mother said."

She nodded.

"Wanna talk about something else?" She said.

"You read my mind, Carter." I said.

"So, why do you like fishing so much?" She said.

"It's escape from everything we do and are involved in. It's like I can forget that we have to save the world."

"Maybe I should come with you some time." She said and then giggled.

"So, what do you do to escape reality? And if you say play with your doohickeys and toys I will be disappointed." I look at her and try to keep a straight face.

She laughs and says, "You wouldn't want to know."

"Oh, but I do, Carter."

"I look at old pictures of the family and I."

I nodded, "Sometimes, I do that with Charlie."

"What was he like? If you don't mind talking about it." She quickly added at the end.

"I don't mind. But it might get tough, so if I quit, please understand."

She nodded and looked at me with curious eyes.

"Charlie, was a great kid. You would of loved him. He always knew how to make you laugh when you wanted to cry. I remember one time, Sara and I had a fight and she threw some pillows and blankets out on the couch. And Charlie was almost 6, so he didn't understand why i was sleeping on the couch. After Sara stormed down the hallway, Charlie looked at the couch and clapped his hands and got all excited. I asked him why, and he said and I quote, "Because we get to have a sleepover out in the living room!" So we got more pillows and blankets, built a fort in the living room, and sat up playing a card game he made up until he fell asleep."

I smiled at the bittersweet memory. And when I looked up at Sam she was smiling too.

"Thanks, Sam." I said.

"For what?"

"Everything."

----------

We ate the food, drank some wine, and laid down until the sun started to set.

"Better get you home. Wouldn't want Dad waiting up for ya." I joked. She laughed. We picked up the stuff, carried it back to my house, and set it on the porch. I would pick it up when I got back. We got in my truck. The drive was silent. We got to her house, and I walked her to her front door.

"Goodnight, Samantha." I said with a smile.

"Goodnight, Jonathan." She said with her own smile.

I kissed her lightly, a kiss full of promise. I pulled away and looked in her eyes, smiled, and walked back to my car. She stayed outside until I drove away.
End Notes: I love all my readers

xoxo,
WhiteTigers
Chapter 8 by WhiteTigers
Author's Notes: Chapter 8 folks!
Thank you sooo much for keeping up with this story! I couldn't thank you all enough
I was missing her.

Bad.

I got out of bed, got ready, and headed to the floral shop. I got her a bouquet of lilies, and drove to her house. Her car was in the drive way, so at least she was home. I walked up to her door and knocked.

"It's open!" I heard her yell. I opened the door and walked in. I took my jacket off, hung it up, and went looking for her. I found her in the kitchen, on the floor scrubbing it. She was wearing sweats, barefoot, and a t-shirt. I couldn't help but smile.

"Knock knock." I said, with a smile on my face. She must have not heard me come in, because she jumped, squeaked, and landed on her side.

I laughed.

"Thank you!" She said, trying not to smile. But she wasn't fooling me!

"Sorry, but I never heard you squeaked before."

"Wow," She breathed. I laughed again and looked her up and down. I noticed that her toenails were painted a blue that complemented her eyes. I looked at her feet. She had cute feet. She was still lying on the ground, propped up on her elbows, looking up at me with a smile on her face.

"Nice outfit." She blushed,

"I don't normally dress like this. But I felt like cleaning today. It's too cold outside!"

"Don't worry. I think you look... cute." I actually thinks she looks adorable, but she would whoop my six if I said that.

"Cute?" She said.

"Yes. Most defiantly." She smirked and stood up.

I handed her the flowers, "Here, these are for you."

Her face lit up with a blinding smile. "Thank you! They are gorgeous!"

"You're welcome," I said. I watched as she moved around, looking for a vase. She reached up in a cupboard, standing on her tiptoes, her arm outstretched. Her shirt had risen up, and I looked hungrily at the exposed creamy, smooth skin there. I had to resit touching her. She was so tempting. I had no idea why, but today, just talking, flirting, and looking at seemed right. I wasn't nervous.

She got a vase and filled it with water, and put the lilies in it.

"So, what are they for?"

"Just because." I said. She gave me a smile.

"I never knew you were a softy, Colonel."

"I'm not. I was just being nice." She laughed,

"Sure. But really, thank you. No one has ever 'just bought me flowers' before."

"You are most welcome, Major."

She smiled and came over and gave me a hug. I wrapped my arms around her, feelings her warmth radiate from her soft, but firm body. She tightened her grip on me and I inhaled her sweet, sweet scent. We clung to each other for what seemed like eternity. We pulled apart,

"Wanna do something?" She asked.

"Sure, what do you wanna do?" I asked.

"I don't know. It's cold and cloudy outside."

"So?"

"You want to go outside in this weather?"

"Why not? We've been in worse."

She snorted at that, "I guess we have. Give me 5?"

"Go knock yourself out." She left, and I sat down on the couch. I looked around her living room. It was so... Carter. Everything had a spot, it was clean, and organized. I noticed she had a picture of SG1. We were obviously at the base, wearing fatigues. Sam looked like she was working on something in her lab. I remember that day. Danny, T and I went to scope out Sam. We were bugging her all week of what she wanted for her birthday. She kept saying "You figure it out." So we told Teal'c to ask her, hoping she would be intimidated by him asking, that she would have to answer him. Teal'c didn't understand the whole thing, but went along with it. We all walked into her lab and she was writing something down.

"Major Carter," Teal'c announced his presence.

"Hi, Teal'c!" She said.

"I must ask you a question, knowing you have the knowledge to the answer." He said boldly.

She gave a questioning look, "I'll try my best."

"What would you like to receive for your annual ritual of aging?" He said, straight faced. I wish I had his power to do that. Me and Space Monkey were hiding out in the hallway.

She shook her head and turned back to her notes, "Nice try, boys. I'm not telling you."

"Doh!" I shouted and walked in her lab with Daniel behind me.

"Come on, Carter! Tell us! You are killing all 3 of us!" I looked at Teal'c, "Well at least me and Space Monkey!"

She laughed, "I'm sorry. But I can't tell you!"

"And why not!?"

"Because."

Teal'c stood off to the side while me and Daniel huddled around her. She was sitting on a stool, writing more techno babble on paper.

Both Daniel and I went into a chorus of saying 'please' over and over again. We were bent over with our forearms on the desk, so we were kinda right in her face.

She just shook her head and continued writing.

"Carter, do I have to make that an order?"

She looked up at me and smiled, looking right into my eyes. And that was when the picture was taken. I don't know by who. But the look she was giving me was pulling at my heart. My reverie was broken when I heard a door open, followed by footsteps. She came out dressed in blue jeans and a sweater.

"Ready?" I asked her.

"Yeah, just let me get my jacket on." She walked over, put on her shoes, and reached for her jacket. It was brown and the hood had fur on it. The jacket wasn't exactly loose fitting. It made her look taller, and even more elegant.

"Wanna go to the park?" I said, once we got outside.

"Sure."
End Notes: Their little park 'date' is in the making!

xoxo,

WhiteTigers
Chapter 9 by WhiteTigers
Author's Notes: Chapter 9!
Enjoy!
We walked across the street to the park. Even though it was chilly out, there was still kids. I saw how Sam watched them slide down the slides, and run to their moms.

"Wanna swing on the swings?" I asked her.

"Jack, I'm almost 32!" She said with a smile.

"So? Old people can't have fun?" I ruffled her hair and made it so imperfect. But she still looked perfect.

"Hey! I fixed my hair before we left!" She said, acting mad.

"You look pretty like that."

"I bet if I shaved my head you would say I'm pretty."

"You betcha."

She laughed.

"C'mon!" I said and grabbed her hand. I pulled her to the swings and made her sit on one.

"Oof!" She huffed. I laughed,

"Now hold on tight, Carter."

She giggled, "Why? It's not like you can do an underdog!"

"Watch me!"

I stood behind her and started pushing her. I pushed her high in the air, and ran under her. She laughed while swinging back and forth.

"See?"

"You proved me wrong!"

We both laughed and I went behind her again, continuing to push her. She leaned back, so she was looking at me upside down. Her nose and cheeks were red from the crisp air, and she was smiling. It was a smile that showed the world she was happy right now. Her eyes glittered like a child's eyes on Christmas morning.

"Catch me!" She shouted.

I ran in front of her and opened my arms. Once she reached the high point of swinging, she leaped off and screamed as she flew through the air. I caught her in my arms, but fell to the ground holding her.

"Jeez, Carter! What have you been eating!?" I said teasingly.

She laughed, and leaned down to kiss me suddenly. I took me a minute to register her kissing me. But I was kissing her back. The kiss wasn't mad with passion. But it was passionate and gentle, but that was enough to keep feeding the wildfire between us. I pulled back, both of us out of breath.

She looked in my eyes. Her eyes were a dark, ocean blue.

"What now?" I asked.

"Wanna go back to my place and have hot chocolate? Maybe make some popcorn and watch a movie?"

"Sounds great. But can I run back to my place and change into something more comfortable?"

"Absolutely! Everything should be ready by the time you get back."

We walked back to her place, and she walked me to my truck. I leaned in an kissed her. I could do this forever. If I didn't need to breathe. She deepened the kiss, wrapping her arms around my neck. My tongue sought out entrance, and got it immediately. Her warm mouth was sweet and very addicting. I slowly pulled away, whispering against her lips,

"I'll be back."

She smiled and whispered back, "You better. Or there will be consequences."

"I promise." I untangled myself reluctantly away from her and got in my truck. I backed out of the driveway and looked out the window at her. She blew me a kiss and waved. I smiled and drove away.

----------

I arrived back in sweats and a flannel. I walked in the house and kicked my shoes off. I could smell popcorn. I followed the scent into the kitchen. She was just pouring the hot chocolate into coffee mugs.

"Hey," She smiled.

"Miss me?"

"Almost didn't make it." She smiled, and I snorted.

"What movie are we watching?"

"I couldn't decide. So I just found the Simpson's on TV."

"You like that show!" I said.

"No! I was just thinking of your happiness." She said, as serious as she could while lying.

"Yeah, sure."

We went and sat down on the couch, touching each other's shoulders. We drank the cocoa, ate the popcorn. Then Sam snuggled up against me, and I snuggled her right back. After another episode, I realized Sam was sleeping. I didn't want to get up. I was comfy on her leather couch, and her warm body against mine. I snuggled her closer, and she sighed in her sleep. I kissed her head, and closed my eyes. Not even bothering with the TV.

I fell asleep with the woman I love in my arms.
End Notes: Cute, eh? :)
Thank you bunches! Love ya'll!!

xoxo,

WhiteTigers
Chapter 10 by WhiteTigers
Author's Notes: Ok! So here is Chapter 10! And you guys have no idea how sorry I am about not getting this out sooner!
All mistakes are mine.
I own nothing.
I woke up and looked out the window. It was still dark outside, but it was the kinda purplish blue that symbols early morning. It took me a minute to realize where I was. I looked down and was greeted by a face full of soft blonde hair. I sat up, gently laying her whole body on the couch. I was surprised that she didn't wake up. She was always such a light sleeper on missions. I went and fumbled around her kitchen for some coffee. Once I found some I put it on and went back in the living room and sat in the chair across from the couch. I watched her sleep. On missions she never slept with a peaceful or relaxed face. But now she did. And I had to snap myself out of just staring at her.

The coffee beeped. I went and poured a cup for myself and was half way through with drinking it when Sam walked in the kitchen.

"Hey, Carter, glad you could join the land of the living." I said, taking a drink of my coffee.

She mumbled something I knew was probably an insult or some form of back talk. She poured herself some coffee and took a long drink.

"Sleep good?" I asked her.

"Yes."

"Any good dreams?"

"Yeah, I had a dream I fell asleep with some hot shot, but when I woke up he was gone."

"Sounds like a jerk."

"He's a softy once you get to know him."

We sat there and drank our coffee. It was nice having some enjoyable company in the morning when you wake up. I realized that this was our last day of downtime, and she probably had to do whatever girls like to do on Sundays. I put the coffee cup in the sink and walked over to where she was sitting at the table.

"I better get going,"

"Stuff to do today?"

"No, but I figured you had stuff to do before we go back to work tomorrow."

She thought for a moment, "I have nothing in particular that needs to be done. Besides finish cleaning."

"Well, I'll won't interrupt your cleaning this time."

"Alrighty,"

"See ya later," I said and kissed her lightly. I pulled away, but she stood up and brought my lips to her's again. I pulled away and started backing up, and she came with me. Her arms still around me, my hands on her waist, lips connected, walking backwards towards her door.

"Sam, I'll see you tomorrow," I said, breathless and between kisses.

"I know. I just wanted to give you something to miss later tonight." She said with a smile. She kissed me again, and then pulled away.

"Well, you can defiantly count on that," I kissed her and walked out the door. The early morning chill nipped at my face as I made my way to my truck.

It was going to be a long, long night.

----------

"Ah! Doc!"

"Sorry, Colonel, but you know I have to do this."

"Yeah, whatever."

We were in the infirmary getting checked over from our mission. It was a pretty simple mission. Nothing exciting. Why I have to be a human dartboard every time I come in here beats me.

"Hey, Carter!" I shouted over Fraiser.

"Yes, Sir?" She looked at me from the bed next to me.

"Has she been stabbing you?" I pointed to the Doc.

"No, Sir." She smiled.

"Doc!?"

"Yes, Colonel?" She said tightly.

"Why are you sticking me with those little swords and not Carter?"

"I will. Don't worry. Now, if you yell in my infirmary one more time I will give you another shot."

"Well, can I leave?"

"Please do."

"Join me for lunch when you are done, Carter?"

"Sure, save me a spot!"

"Will do," Without the doctor looking I winked at her, and she smiled and winked back.

I sat at a table waiting for her. I thought about the progress of our relationship. We haven't taken the next step. It still feels like a dream.

A really good dream.

I think we communicate differently then other people. Having to speak our feelings without making a sound about it. I think she knows I love her. And I think she loves me too. I'm just waiting for the right moment to say it.

I look up to see her walking in, and she smiles at me. I smile back and motion for her to come sit down. She nods and goes to get something to eat. She comes back with a salad.

"Hey," She says.

"Hey," I echoed.

"Wanna do something tomorrow night after work?" She said.

"Sure, what'd you have in mind?"

"I don't know, what sounds good to you?"

"Bar hopping."

She stopped her fork full of salad halfway, mouth open, and looking at me,

"We are not going bar hopping."

"You asked."

"Point taken."

"So, what are we doing tomorrow night?"

"We could go bowling,"

"You want you butt kicked?"

"We could go to the library and look at the new selection of books they have on black holes!" She said, and I couldn't tell if she was acting or not. I bet she was because she has that sparkle in her eyes that just screams mischief.

"We can go bowling."

"That's what I thought."

----------

Well, she whooped my six at bowling.

"I let you win. Just wait until next time," I said as we were walking hand in hand up to her front door.

She laughed, "Ok, whatever you say, Jack."

We got up to her door and I pulled her close to me and kissed her. I could feel the smile on her lips. I pulled away and smiled at her.

"I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yes, absolutely." She said and kissed me. I kissed her back, and the kiss deepened. She kept her soft lips locked securely on mine, grabbed a hold of my jacket, and backed us up to her door. She just wouldn't stop kissing me. Not that I'm complaining, but I was getting light headed.

Finally, she released her tight grip on me and opened her door and pulled us both inside. I'd never figure Sam the type of person that would be the one to take that big leap. But then again, I'm still learning what she's like outside of the base. She walked backwards with my hands in her, leading me with a small smile on her face. She pulled us into her bedroom and shut the door.

She walked over and turned on a lamp that gave the room a soft glow. She walked back over to me and slid my jacket off my shoulders and on the ground.

It was taking my brain a little time to realize what was going on. Finally after all those years of the tension between us, is going to be broken tonight.

I pushed Sam's jacket off of her and threw it aside. My hands came up to the hem of her shirt and raised it up and over her head, and let it drop to the floor. I looked at her. She was absolutely breathtaking. My hands roamed her smooth, creamy, exposed skin. She was wearing a black lace bra that perfectly cupped her breasts. My eager fingers made their way up her back and unlatched the fabric. I let it slid down her arms and onto the floor. Her eyes were a dark blue, full of lust. I kissed her neck and whispered in her ear,

"Why weren't you telling me what you were hiding under those fatigues?"

She laughed, "I wanted you to find out yourself."

All clothes were discarded by me, and I stepped back to look at Sam.

Her long legs, her slim waist, how every curve of her body seemed to fit perfectly with me. I kissed her neck and pushed her back against the bed. She flopped down and I quickly followed her, landing on top of her.

This was it, the moment we both have been waiting for.

And it felt oh, so good.

I looked in her eyes and she looked back into mine.

"Jack," She said softly.

"Hmm?"

"I love you," She said, her voice was gentle, sweet, and tender.

I gave her a small smile and kissed her forehead,

"I love you too,"

----------

Sam was sleeping. I should be too, but I think I'm too happy to sleep. We were both exhausted from the tender, gentle lovemaking.

She was every man's fantasy.

If I were to die now, I would die happy. I was spooned up behind her, under the covers. My fingers just lightly rubbing her belly. The beginning of my life with Sam has officially started. If this was just one night, I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.
End Notes: Should there be more? And if you want more, any suggestions of what you want?

Adios,

xoxo,

WhiteTigers
Chapter 11 by WhiteTigers
Author's Notes: I'm so sorry this one took FOREVER! I just never found the time. I really hope you like this one!

I own nothing but my mistakes!
I woke up to a pair of blue eyes looking at me.

"Hi," I said. She smiled,

"Hi,"

"How long have you been up?"

"Not long,"

"What time is it?"

"A little after nine. Now I figured we could get up, be productive, and do something. Or we could just lay here. Your choice. They both sound appealing to me."

"We can lay here." I said and she smiled, looking contempt with my choice. So we just laid there, holding each other. I have pictured waking up like this and now I have, and it is so much more then I thought it was going to be. I would've kept holding her if it wasn't for the knock on my door.

"Oh for cryin' out loud!" I said. Sam just giggled and flopped down on the pillows as I slipped out from under her. I pulled on a pair of jeans and went to kiss her.

"Don't be gone long," She said.

"Trust me, I won't." I kissed her again when there was more knocking and then a voice,

"Jack? It's me, Daniel. Are you home?"

We both gasped when we heard the door open.

"Hide!" I whispered to Sam. She flipped the covers off and dove under the bed. I got back under the covers and pretended to be asleep when the bedroom door opened.

"Jack," Daniel said. I could hear footsteps coming towards me. My face was between the two pillows.

"Jack," He repeated, this time coming over and shaking my shoulders.

"Is the world under attack by snake heads?" I mumbled, my voice muffled.

"No, but-"

"Ack!!" I cut him off. "I don't wanna hear it."

"Okay, sorry." He said sarcastically.

"Why are you here?" I said.

"Oh! Yeah, umm, you are needed at the base."

I groaned.

"It's a meeting with the President." He said.

"The President of bad timing? Because I think you got that position already filled."

"It's about our alliance with the Asgard." He said, ignoring my comment.

"What time?"

"In a hour."

"Fine. I'll be there. Is it just me or all of SG-1?"

"Just you."

"Alright, see ya Daniel."

"Bye, Jack." And then he walked out and neither one of us moved until we heard his car start up and pull away.

"Well, there goes my day of downtime with you."

Sam gets our from underneath the bed and stands up. She's wearing her black underwear and one of my t-shirts that stop mid-thigh. It was quite a turn on.

"Well, I will be here waiting for you when you get home."

"Is that a promise or a threat?"

"It's both." She said with a seductive smile and tone.

"I'll be looking forward to it, Miss Carter." She smiled and kissed me,

"Now go get in the shower. You won't want to be late."

----------

I came home a was greeted by dead silence.

"Sam?"

Silence.

I walked to the kitchen and looked around. Everything looked untouched. I walked into the bedroom, and the bed was unmade. Which is weird because Sam always makes the bed. So now I was starting to worry. I searched the whole house, the backyard, and still nothing so I got into my truck and drove to her house.

I pulled up and her car was there, and lights were on. So at least I know she's home. My heart rate slows down, and I try to get my breathing under control. I walk up and knock on her door. I hear footsteps and the lock turning. The door flies open and Sam looks shocked. She's been crying. Sam never cries.

"Jack!" She said, a smile that didn't reach her eyes plastered on her face.

"Sam, what's wrong?" I say, walking past the door and pulling her with me, pushing the door shut.

"Nothing, Jack." She said, and smiles again. Her eyes are red, glistening with unshed tears. I can tell by the way her voice is tight that she's fighting them back.

"Sam, you've been crying."

"It's nothing," She says, the smile no longer on her face.

"Tell me," I said.

She abruptly stood up, "I said it's nothing, damn it." She said, her voice raising. She was getting mad, and she rarely gets mad. She ran a hand through her short blonde hair.

I stood up next to her, "Somethings wrong. And I'm not going to leave you alone until you tell me."

"Get out."

I sat down on the couch and propped my feet up on the coffee table. I look up at her,

"No."

She glares at me that could freeze hell. She does a huff of irritation and storms off. Next thing I hear is her bedroom door slamming. I sit there on the couch, trying to figure out what I did for a few hours. I get up and walk to her closed bedroom door. I knock quietly. There was no answer, so I went in and closed the door. There was a lamp on by her bed. I walked up to her and looked at her. She was sleeping peacefully. I walked around into the other side and took my shoes and jacket off. I climbed into the bed, trying not to wake her up. I spooned up behind her and she instantly got closer to me. I shifted and touched something hard. I took my free hand and reached for it. I looked at it in the dim light. All it was was a plastic stick.

With a pink plus.
End Notes: More will be coming. I assure you!

xoxo,

WhiteTigers
Chapter 12 by WhiteTigers
Author's Notes: Sorry for any mistakes!

Enjoy!
I woke up to an empty bed.

I got up and walked out into the kitchen. I decided I would let Sam tell me when she's ready.

Sam was sitting on the couch drinking coffee and reading the paper. When she heard me, she looked up and instantly stood up. She put the coffee and paper down on the coffee table and looked at me.

"Jack," Before she could finish I stopped her,

"Sam, don't worry about it."

"No, I want you to know how sorry I am and how much I feel like such a low life for acting that way last night."

"Sam, everyone has bad days. I understand."

"I'm still sorry."

"It's okay, really." I came up to her and hugged her. She clung to me like I was a life jacket in the middle of the ocean. Her hands clutched my shirt, bundling it up in her elegant fingers. I kissed the top of her head and rubbed her back in soothing efforts. I pulled back just enough to look at the face I adore,

"Why don't you say we do something today. We haven't done anything in quite sometime."

"I'd like that,"

"What would you like to do?"

"I'm not sure," She said.

"We could just go for a walk,"

She just smiled and went to get her jacket.

We got outside and she linked her arm with mine. Her not telling me and being upset was eating at my sanity though.

"Sam,"

"Hmm,"

"You know how I feel about you, right?"

"Yes,"

"And you know that I will always be here, right?"

"Yes, Jack." She smiled and then chuckled, "What's gotten into you?"

She put her hand to my forehead, "You're not warm,"

"Alright, smartass," She giggled at that.

"I just wanted you to know that you can tell me anything."

"I know," She said quietly.

I kissed her forehead and continued down the road.

"We should go somewhere," I said.

"What do you mean?" She said, puzzled.

"Like, a getaway. The next time we have 2 weeks downtime, let's go."

"Like where?"

"I don't know, Minnesota, the Caribbean, Europe. You chose anywhere you want to go, and we will go."

"Okay, now I'm worried." She joked with a Colgate smile.

"Well don't be, I'm serious. You deserve some rest somewhere where you want to be."

"Jack, I appreciate what you're doing, and believe me, if I could jump on a flight and go to the Caribbean right now I would. But I also know that I'll probably be visiting somewhere like that next week. Too far for any plane to go." She said with a sympathetic smile. "But then again, I might not be going at all," She said under her breath, I thought I imagined it.

"Why?" I said.

"Oh, just because I haven't been feeling my best lately. I'm going in to see Janet tomorrow. I think it might be a stomach bug or something, but I want to be sure." She said, looking down the road.

"Well, what if it's more then a stomach bug?"

"What do you mean?" She said quickly with sudden alert.

"I don't know," I said slowly.

"It's not going to be more then a stomach bug," She said sharply.

"How do you know?"

"Because I do." She said, her face expressionless. She pulled her arm out of mine and stuffed them in her coat pocket. I knew I was pushing the limits here.

"I know, Sam."

She stopped dead in her track and looked at me, "K-know what?" She stuttered.

I hesitated, I wanted to tell her, but I didn't know how she would react.

"I know that you are right, it's probably just a tummy bugger."

Her face showed relief for a split second, and then she gave me a small smile. She came up to me and gave me a light kiss,

"Let's go home," She said sweetly.

"Let's," I said. We walked back to her house in companionable silence.

We got to her house, and she started taking off her shoes and coat. When I didn't she looked at me funny,

"What's wrong? Is it cold in here, because I can turn up the heat." She said, turning to the thermostat on the wall.

"No, I just thought I'd give you the last day of downtime to yourself."

She paused with her hand on the dial, a look of hurt on her pretty face. She let her hand drop with a clap on her thigh. She rubbed her hand on the back off her neck with a smile that didn't reach her outrageous eyes.

"Oh, okay. I wanted to catch up on my mail and stuff anyway," She looked like she was going to say more but then closed her mouth a smiled.

I walked up to her and kissed her while holding her face in my hands. Threading my fingers in her soft hair. I pulled away and looked in her eyes. She bore right into mine.

"I'll see you tomorrow, right?" She croaked.

"Yeasureyoubetcha," I said quietly. I kissed her one last time and then walked to the door. I turned back to see her looking at me with longing eyes. God, she was breathtakingly gorgeous.

"I love you," She said.

"I know," I said, and walked out the door, and headed home.

----------

"Knock knock," Someone outside my office said.

"Come in, Daniel." I said.

He cracked the door open and stuck his head inside,

"Is this a bad time?"

"No,"

He slithered in and shut the door.

"Now Jack, I'm just the messenger so don't shoot me, okay?"

"Okay..." I said.

"Um, I don't know how else to say this, so I just will."

"Come on, Danny. The suspense is killing me."

"You need to find a replacement for Sam on SG-1."

"WHAT!?"

"You should probably go talk to her and see if she'll help you. And don't take it out on her. It was doctor's orders." He said, and raced out of the room.
End Notes: Am I keeping you on your toes with this story??

More will be coming!

xoxo,
WhiteTigers
Chapter 13 by WhiteTigers
Author's Notes: Enjoy, my readers!
I was about to burst through her lab door, but figured I better approach this in a better manner.

The door was open and I looked inside. She was sitting at her lab bench staring at something. She was in deep thought.

"Sam?" I said softly.

No answer.

I went around to stand by her and lay a hand on her shoulder,

"Sam," I say again.

She blinks and then startles.

"I'm sorry! I didn't realize you were there,"

"What's going on?"

"I don't understand,"

"Why are you being kicked off of the team?"

"Oh, that," She looked down.

"Well," I prompted.

"Doctor's orders,"

"And why is she kicking you off?"

"I really don't want to talk about it." She said. She looked vulnerable and scared.

"Sam you can tell me anything. Why don't I take you to dinner, loosen you up and then you can tell me."

"I don't know," She said slowly.

"Come on, I'll take you to that Italian place."

She got a look of disgust on her face and covered her mouth,

"Oh my God," She jumped off her stool and ran out into the hall. I ran after her and saw her turn into the bathroom. Guards were looking at the door and then me. When I looked at them they instantly went back to attention. I went and waited for her in her lab. When she came back she stopped in the door way. Her face was pale, and she looked tired. I stood up,

"C'mere," I said. She walked towards me and I engulfed her in a hug. She hugged me back, her face in my shoulder. I pulled back and saw her eyes glittering with wetness.

"Let's go home,"

She just nodded and walked out with me. We got in my truck and I started headed towards her house,

"Where are you going?"

"Home,"

"Isn't it that way?" She said pointing left.

"My house?"

"Yeah,"

"We can go there if you'd like,"

"I need peace and quiet," She said tiredly.

"Alright," I took her hand and held it while I drove. She held it too, and dozing.

I pulled in and parked and she bolted up right,

"Don't worry, we are at my house." I said stroking her hand. She relaxed immediately and unbuckled herself and got out. I walked with her up to the house and opened the door and let her in.

She turned around abruptly, "Jack, before you jump to conclusions you have to know what's going on."

"Sam, I know."

"What?" She breathed, her eyebrow furrowed.

"I know, everything."

"How?" She said.

"I found, what do you call that stick ya pee on?" I said, scratching my head.

"A home test?"

"Yeah! That's it."

"I'm sorry," She said, starting to cry.

"Why?" I said alerted.

"Because I didn't tell you," She sniffed and ran her hands through her hand and then placed them on her hips, "Damn hormones."

"Sam, it's okay."

She looked at me, her face wet with tears, "It is?" She said quietly.

I walked up to her and took her hands and held them to my chest,

"Yes, it might get a bit chaotic, but we'll manage."

"But what about us?"

"What do you mean?"

"Our jobs, and what about us, you and me. Is this baby going to change us?"

"Of coarse he will, but in a good way."

"How do you know?"

"Because I do,"

"What about our jobs?" She said, sniffing again, calming down.

"What about 'em?"

"I can't go through the Gate. And what am I going to tell people?"

"The whole Gate thing, you can stay in the labs. But I don't understand the telling people part,"

"Jack, I am going to be a whale, people are going to start to wonder why my stomach is growing and nothing else."

"Oh,"

"Yeah," She stretched out.

We sat there in silence for what seemed like a lifetime.

"So you think it's a boy?" She said with a smile that lit up her whole face.

"Maybe," I said slowly.

"What if he's a girl?"

"Then I'll teach her guy stuff. No baby dolls or dresses allowed!"

Sam laughed, "I'd like to see you try,"

"Is that a dare?" I said with a daring tone.

"You bet it is." She said evenly.

"You're on," We shook hands and then laughed.

"Wanna go to bed?" I said.

"Yeah, I didn't realize how tired I was until now." She yawned, covering up her mouth.

We walked to the bedroom and I stripped down to my boxers. I gave her my shirt to wear. We both climbed in and I spooned up behind her. I was excited to be a father again, and I can't wait to see the mother side of Sam. I placed my hand on her belly and she put her hand over mine.

"I love you," I whispered in her ear.

"I love you too," She whispered back.

I can't believe how far Sam and I have come in a couple months. The only problem is that we aren't married. I'm pretty sure Sam dreamed about getting married and then having kids. I know one thing for sure though, I will be marrying Sam. Maybe next week, next month, or next year. It depends, but I am going to marry her.

"Sam, maybe I should just retire."

"Why?"

"Because then we won't be breaking the law, and that way someone can stay at home with the baby."

"I don't know, Jack."

"And with these knees I won't be able to stay much longer anyways. Let me do this for you and the baby."

"Let's talk about it in the morning, okay?"

"Alright,"

And with that we both fell asleep.

----------

I woke up with a start with Sam flinging the covers back and running down then hall. I got out of bed and ran to get a glass of water and walked to the bathroom to find her head in the toilet bowl, her hands gripping the sides. I knelt beside her and ran my fingers through her hair until she was done. She lifted her face and the color was drained. I handed her the water,

"Thank you," She said and rinsed her mouth out and then drank some. She set in on the counter and then let her body droop against the cabnits, resting her head on a drawer.

I pulled her to me and she cocooned herself against my chest.

"You'll get through this," I gripped her hand, "We'll get through this."

"I hope you're right."
End Notes: How should the pregnancy be like? Hard, easy, should there be problems, will Sam be moody? Suggestions would greatly be appreciated!

xoxo,
WhiteTigers
Chapter 14 by WhiteTigers
Author's Notes: I hope you guys like this one!

Enjoy!
Sam was definitely getting moodier!

I have had to sleep out on the couch twice this week. But then again I can't blame her. She can't tell anyone the exciting news, only Fraiser knows, and she has to save the world at the same time. She can no longer go through the Gate though. When Daniel and Teal'c heard through the grapevine that she couldn't, they didn't say much. But I think they are noticing the change in Sam. Not only the mood swings, but the weight gain. Her stomach was growing, and I couldn't even tell them why. I told Sam that I was going to hand in my resignation and she threatened that she would make my life miserable. She was crabby at the time, so she probably didn't mean it. But when I told her about it when she was in a really good mood and whispering sweet nothings into my ear while watching hockey one night, she didn't say much.

"I should just retire," I said.

"It would be easier, I'm sure."

"Exactly."

"But I'll miss seeing you all day everyday." She said with a sweet smile looking up at me.

"I know, me too. But you'll come home to a clean house, and a happy baby."

"Clean house?" She said surprised.

"Maybe," I said with a grin. She snorted.

We lapsed into a comfortable silence, watching the game.

"I'm getting fat." She said suddenly.

"No, our baby is getting bigger. And you look ever more beautiful with that ''glow'' thing you woman always talk about when ya'll are pregnant."

She clutched her sides with laughter,

"I don't glow!" She said between laughs.

"I think you do. It's kinda cute."

"Really?"

"Sure,"

"But I'm only going to get bigger, fatter, and more glow-ier." She said.

"Sounds like a plan." I said and she laughed and hit me on the chest.

But that was a couple days ago. I was lying next to Sam, my hand over her growing belly. She was sleeping peacefully, a small smile on her pretty face. The alarm was going to go off in about thirty minutes, so I was just enjoying this moment with her. Getting prepared for whatever mood she was going to be in. It was Friday, and I planned on taking her out tonight. Get that brilliant mind of her's to relax some. We never really have talked about what she's going to tell people. I guess we will either have to wait until I retire or someone figures something out. I'm pretty sure Daniel knows, he's just being nice.

She stirs and rolls over so her head is on my shoulder. I place my arm around her and hold her closer, and with my free hand I take her hand in mine, and she instinctively tightens her grip on mine.

----------

Sam was in a good mood for most of the day. Now I just had to break the news to her that I resigned today, and will be retired by the end of the week. Hammond said I can still come back whenever I want, and I was happy about that. I was nervous as hell about telling her. I can either go really really good. Or go straight to hell. I went to her lab and knocked. No answer. So I went to her quarters and knocked.

"It's open," She said. I walked in and closed the door behind me.

Her face broke into a smile, "Hey,"

"Hello," I said and walked up to her and claimed her in a kiss. The kiss was sweet, firm, and greedy. We both deepened it. I slowly pulled away and looked in her eyes.

"Someone missed me," She said with a smile.

"You betcha!" I said. She laughed, she was acting like her old self again. Which I hope would stay like that. It was a little before 7:00 so most personal were already gone. I turned my back to her and bent down a little.

"C'mon," I said.

"Jack?" She asked.

"Piggy back ride,"

"On base?"

"Why not, give 'em something to talk about!"

She laughed and placed her hands on my shoulders.

"1, 2, 3!" I said. On three she jumped up and I placed my hands behind her thighs. She wrapped her long arms and legs around me and giggled. I walked towards the door, enjoying the warmth of her body against me. I walked out and towards the elevator. The guards were giving us weird looks, but we paid no attention to them. We walked into the elevator and stayed like that until we got topside. I started walking to my truck with her on my back, when suddenly an all too familiar hand snaked it's way across my chest and down my stomach.

"Are you trying to seduce me?" I said.

She put her lips so they were just brushing my ear, "You tell me," She breathed in my ear seductively. She kissed her way down my throat, sending shivers down my back. I picked up my pace to the truck. We both got in and and I drove to my house. I got out and walked with her up the path. I wanted to pay her back for her little act out in the parking lot, but I didn't want to push her. So we settled for one of her chick flicks and cuddling on the couch with a fire going and under a big, soft fur blanket.

"Sam,"

"Yeah?" She said, not taking her eyes off the t.v.

"You know I'm no Romeo, and I know things right now are probably not what you planned your future to be. But I want to make it a little bit normal."

"How?" She said, and then looked at me.

"Wanna go get married?"

"I'm sorry, I'm a little tired, could you say that again,"

"I said, wanna go get married."

She got this surprise look on her face, but then relaxed and it turned into a beautiful smile,

"Sure," She said. I kissed her and she kissed me back and then we went back to watching her movie.

"Jack?" She said a few moments later.

"Yes?"

"Just how do we plan on getting married without a court martial on our records?"

My heart stopped, I had completely forgot. She must have see my face, because she sat up straight and looked at me,

"Well?"

"I... kinda... retired." I said looking down on my lap and playing with the blanket. There was silence and when I looked up at her she said,

"Jack, I'm so happy that you want to spend time at home. But will you regret this?"

"How could I regret this? I get to spend time with my kid and then welcome home my soon to be wife?"

She smiled slightly, "You're right, I can't control what you do. If you're happy, I'm happy." She kissed my cheek.

I was surprised. She was taking it so well, acting like her old self more often. Maybe Sam was going to have a good pregnancy. I couldn't wait to see the mom side of her. Life is good, and I have a gut feeling it always will be.

----------

End
End Notes: Thank you for encouraging me and reading this story! But I think I will let all of your jungles of imagination run from here.

xoxo,
WhiteTigers

This story archived at http://www.samandjack.net/fanfics/viewstory.php?sid=4366