samandjack.net

Story Notes: Archive to SamandJack only


"Daniel Jackson, what is the significance of mistletoe?" Teal'c was staring at his friend quizzicly, mystifed by this custom hanging of a bit of leaves and red berries from a dooway at this celebration.

Daniel, having already gone into a long, drawn out explanation of Christmas to the Jaffa, gave a weary sigh that was just shy of being annoyed. "Mistletoe is for kissing. You hang it on over the door way and when a couple... a man and a woman." Jackson hastily amended not wanting Teal'c to start kissing everyone. "when a man and a woman pass under it, they are suppose to stop and share a kiss."

"And all must abide by this custom?" Teal'c was looking for confirmation of this and it seemed important to him.

"Yeah, I guess so... if they want to be in the holiday spirit." Jackson glanced at the mistletoe wistfuly as his thoughts turned to the sudden desire to have Sha're here to pull under it and kiss.

Teal'c attention left the small bundle of leaves and berries hanging over the doorway and turned itself to the the sight of O'Neill and Carter across the room. Both were standing a discreet distance away from each other and were laughing at something funny the colonel had just said. As the Jaffa wathced them, he became even more certain that there was an attraction going on between this man and woman. An attraction that their stations in life kept them from exploring. He knew with certainty as well that they were fully aware of it and felt the sweet frustration of unspoken, unacted on desire.

Daniel saw were Teal'c was now staring and shook his head softly. "Teal'c your not seriously thinking about..." He trailed off when his friend liquid soft, dark brown eyes rested met his own blue and that very idea was indeed displayed in them. "Oh, you ARE." Jackson gave a him a small smile of approval.

"I will require your assistance, Daniel Jackson." And Teal'c bent to whisper the rest in his friend's ear.



*******



All Samantha Carter could think about was how incredibly sexy Jack O'Neill looked tonight. It started with the sable brown mock turtle neck sweater he was wearing... it clung to every line of his athleticly muscular chest and brought out the darkness of his sparkling brown eyes. Next was the tan dress slacks that fit him as if specificly tailored to his waist, firm ass and long legs. //Holy Hannah, Carter, get a grip!// the blonde admonished herself sternly. but try as she might, she couldn't keep her thoughts from straying to her desire to caress his firm chest muscles through the softness of that shirt or to place her hands on the defined lines of his ass.

All the while, she was totally aware of him noticing her! Every chance he got, Jack was sneaking a covetous glance at the daring neckline of her Emerald green satin cocktale dress... the one she had finally chosen over a whole store full of evening dress to wear just for him. She knew that the deep green of the dress highlighted the creamy swell of her breasts and that the design pulled those breast delicately together to create a daring, yet demure display of tantalizing flesh for him to admire. Just knowing that Jack's eyes were on her, devouring the sight of her exposed skin sent Sam into a thrill of passionate arousal so intense it almost reached orgasam all on its own.

Yet, all they could do was stand here discreetly and talk as the heat and spark of sexual electricity wasn't coursing between them like a live wire.



******



A little while later, when his party had come down to only his SG1 team-mates, Daniel approached O'Neill and Carter "Uhm... Jack, Sam... I think we have a small problem here." It was Daniel coming over to talk to them and his boyishly handsome face wore an expression of worry.

"What is it, Daniel?" O'Neill asked, tearing his glaze from the lovely, sexy vision of Samantha in her dazzling green dress... god, but he loved seeing a beautiful blonde in green.

"Uhm... it's Teal'c." Daniel figited from foot to foot.

"What about Teal'c?" Carter asked growing concerned.

"Well, I don't know how to explain it, but I think the punch is starting to have some sort of an effect on him."

"The punch?" Jack's eyebrows shot up and his voice held increduality. "There's nothing in the punch but... punch." He informed the younger man and you could tell he was mildly disappointed by that fact.

"I know THAT." Daniel countered defensively, "but I don't think Jaffa have ever had punch before, because it is certainly having a strange effect on Teal'c... it's like he's drunk." Daniel concluded, his face scrunched up in worry.

"Like junior would let that happen." Jack remarked sarcasticly.

"Yes, the Goa'uld larva is suppose to keep Teal'c from being drugged or drunk." Carter verified, puzzeled by Jackson's claims.

"Ok, well come and see for yourself." Daniel threw up his hands in defeat and headed back across the room. Curious about the situation, Carter and O'Neill followed.

As soon as they came in sight of the Jaffa warrior, they knew Jackson was telling the truth. The sleek, powerful warrior was swaying on his feet in drunken time to the christmas music playing. His broad, handsome face wore a sappy expression of total inebriation.

"My friends O'Neill, beautiful Sam isn't this a wonderful party and this drink, it is a nectar suited for gods." He carelessly flung his half full glass aloft, splashing himself with the liquid.

"Yeah, yeah, Teal'c it's a great party, but I think you've had enough of the *nectar* for one evening." Jack tried to hide his smile of amusement at his friends obviously drunken state.

Sam took the glass of punch from the bigger man's hand, marveling that something as simple as fruit punch would have such an effect on both Teal'c aand the Goa'uld larva. //It must be having some chemical reaction with the larve// She mused.

"Perhaps you are correct, O'Neill. I am not feeling so well now." An expression of discomfort mareed his face.

//Oh great, I've never had a Jaffa upchuck on me... hope Junior doesn't get any ideas// Jack thought as he put an arm aound his friends massive waist to support him. "Maybe we oughtta get Teal'c to the bedroom and let him lie down." Jack suggested to Daniel "since it's your apartment, you lead the way."

Together, Jack, Daniel and Sam helped Teal'c across the room to the hallway that led to the bedrooms. At he archway of the hall, the Jaffa came to a dead halt and glanced upwards.

"Daniel Jackson has explained mistletoe to me, we must honor the custom."

"Teal'c that's just a bunch of silly Hallmark hype." Jack snorted suddenly wondering if Daniel had bothered to explain that only boys kissed the girls and not each other. Being kissed by a drunken Jaffa would not be the highlight of his evening.

"I believe it is a very good custom and we must respect it in Daniel Jackson's home since he obviously believes in it or why else would he have hung the mistletoe." Teal'c was adament on this.

"Of course, why else." Jack responded sarcasticly as he shot the young archaologist a dirty look.

"Since Capt. Carter is the only female present, we shall take turns kissing her... I will go first." And with that, the mighty warrior bent down and placed a gentle, sweet kiss on the soft lips of a startled Sam Carter.

"Thank-you, Teal'c." She replied slightly flustered by this.

"Your are welcome." he responded, then turned to Daniel. "You are next, Daniel Jackson."

Daniel nodded shyly and leaned in to give his friend a feather soft brush of his lips against hers. "Merry Christmas, Sam."

"You too, Daniel." She whispered, taken by the sweet shyness of his kiss.

"O'Neill, it is your turn." Teal'c announced loudly as if Jack weren't standing right next to him.

"For crying out loud, Teal'c I know that." O'Neill growled, by inwardly, he was shaking with anticipation at the thought of kising those warm lips, of tasting Samantha Carter's sweet breath. Desire swept through him and centered itself in his groin with a hardness he hadn't felt in a long time. he desperately hoped none of them noticed his state of arousal.

Calm as he could, Jack ducked his head down to kiss the woman he wanted so much he could die from it right here and now. At the electric connection of his lips with hers, even for the briefest of seconds he took to bestow his kiss was like sexual fire steaming through his blood and mind.

"I do not call that a kiss." Teal'c declared as Jack broke contact with Carter, whose pale blue eyes perfectly reflected his own needs and wants.

"Uh?" Jack gazed askence at his warrior friend. He also noticed that Daniel had disappeared like smoke and reappeared across the room, cleaning up the party leavings.

"Try it again, O'Neill only put into it what you feel for this beautiful woman." The Jaffa whispered and stepped away from the man and woman, leaving them alone under the mistletoe with their need for each other.

Jack, glanced at Sam and saw only welcoming, equal desire in her eyes. In the confines of her dress, her breasts heaved with the strength of that desire and passion for him.

"Ok." Jack agreed, letting go of his military restraint that said he couldn't be with this woman of beauty, passion and intelligence that he desired with every fiber of his masculine energy and being. With that said, he pulled a willing Sam Carter into the heat and strength of his embrace and possesed her mouth with the hungry wanton need of his own. His kiss was met and matched by the equality of her desire. It was a long kiss, filled with the giving and taking of each others feelings. When it was broken, the two of them found themselves alone under the mistletoe, their bodies intwined together so that each could be aware of the others reactions and needs. just down the hall, they could see the becokoning flame of candlelight in the guest bedroom. Taking Sam's hand, Jack led her down the hall to the door way of that bedroom. Inside, the bed was turned downed invitingly, A bottle of wine and two delicate glasses rested on the night stand along side the flickering candles. Above them, hung a sprig of mistletoe.

"I think I have to kiss you again." Jack joked lightly, but his eyes were a dark brown with intense passion.

She gave a small smile that scrunched up her nose like a pixie. "Well, if you have too." Her tone was teasing, but her body was already leaning into his to accept the embrace of his arms and lips. When the kiss was finished, their was no doubt in either of thier minds that tonight was going to be a special one filled with sharing their bodies innermost secrets and desires.

Jack took her hand in his and led Sam into the bedroom, using his foot to push the door shut. "I guess we can blame it on the punch, huh." He joked softly as he rand his fingers hungerily over her face in anticipation of touching and exploring every inch of this beautiful woman.

"Uh-huh." Samantha languaidly agreeded as she surrendered herself to the sureness of his touch.



***********



Out in the Kitchen, Teal'c and Daniel heard the soft shutting of the door. Daniel put down the towel he was drying his hands on and turned to his friend who was wearing a satisfied smile on his broad, handsome face.

"I like this mistletoe custom." Teal'c announced

"Yeah, I think it works pretty good." Daniel smiled in return. "Listen, Teal'c you want to take a walk? The snow is beautiful tonight." Jackson's eyes held a far away look in the mthat told his frined that his mind and heart were on the desire to walk in the snow with his beloved Sha're.

"Yes, Daniel Jackson, I would like a walk in the snow." Both men grabbed their coats and headed out into the night to give thier friends some much needed privacy on this special night for them.

"So, do you think they will discover my ruse with the punch?" Teal'c asked as they set off down the sidewalk to admire the snow and the christmas lights.

"Naw." Daniel responded seriously then both men gave into joyous laughter at the having acomplished something wonderful for two people they both cared a great deal about.



The End