samandjack.net

Story Notes: A/N: Not beta'ed. Had a bad day, drank some Cuervo, had some contact problems, and came up with this. A drunken Cait has a mind of its own... But even drunken Caits like feedback.


I'm crying.

Not because I'm sad, I swear.

Ok, so the reconnaissance mission didn't go exactly as planned...

The colonel and Teal'c went one way, Daniel and I went the other, and minutes after we parted, there were noises. Staff weapon noises.

Sure, I was concerned for Teal'c and the colonel, as was Daniel. I'd heard them shouting and didn't know if they'd make it out alive. I was definitely worried; I'm not heartless, you know. I'd be absolutely heartbroken if I lost one of them.

So... I'm crying. The tears aren't because I'm happy they're alive. They're not because I recognized the mortality of my team. They're not because of lack of sleep, or PMS, or because I almost lost the man I love... erm, like a lot... no, the man I *respect* as a commanding officer...

Yikes.

As the tears are streaming down my face, as I stare at the ground and refuse to look up, I'm aware of the colonel sending me a reassuring look. He thinks I'm crying over him.

Truth be told, I've got an eyelash in my eye and can't get it out.