samandjack.net

Story Notes: FEEDBACK: email me at cleody@hotmail.com. I'd love to hear whether you like it or not. But if not only constructive criticism please:)

ARCHIVING: Heliopolis, Sam and Jack Archive, anywhere else please ask

DISCLAIMER: Yes! I own Stargate SG-1 and none of you have to write these disclaimers anymore that it belongs to Gekko Corp, MGM and all the rest of them.

AUTHOR'S NOTES: This is a sequel to my story, Out of Breath, if you havn't read that and want to then email me and I'll send it to you. But this one can be stand alone.

THANKS: Thankyou first of all to my beta reader, Adrianna Laura. Also thankyou to all of you who wrote to me to tell me that you liked my first story. Your encouragement really helped. And thankyou to all the people who wished me happy birthday:) Okay enough ranting, on with the show.

I just wanted to say sorry for the lack of original name:)


Out of Breath 2: Desire



SG-1 came running out of the gate, a stream of people following them. The tension in the room mulitplied ten fold as the screaming and frantic people came through.

"Close the Iris!" Jack bellowed to the control room as the last of them came through. It slid shut effortlessly and within seconds the loud booms from the Jaffa echoed through the room.

He held a young teenage girl in his arms who was bleeding from apparent staff weapon wounds. Her arms and back were raw from the energy blast, her face was covered in soot and dirt. Jack tried to avoid touching the burns but it was impossible, he could feel the skin blistering and cracking dry.

With the iris closed and everyone breathed a sigh of relief. General Hammond shouted for additional personnel over the loudspeakers, adding to the confusion. The medical team rushed in to save the injured, grabbing the strangely tattooed girl from Jack's arms and placing her on a stretcher. As they took her away the crowd of people began wailing and moaning, trying to touch her as she was carried through them.

"What's happening?" Jack asked Daniel, bewildered. Daniel turned around in the room, trying to pick one voice out from the rest. He tapped a man on the shoulder and inquired about the girl. The man stood up, screaming and tugging at his clothes. Daniel tried to calm him down, but had to call over one of the nurses to sedate him, his screaming became quieter until he was babbling on in his language.

"Daniel?" Jack said, his tone stating that they were waiting. Daniel held up one hand to silence Jack, and asked the man some questions, the man talked slowly but finally he turned back to his team.

"The girl's name is Ar'kanra, apparently she's some kind of leader in her people. He called her a dream maker." Daniel pushed his glasses up on his nose. Jack and Sam exchanged glances. Another strange planet, another strange religion.



*****



Ar'kanra tried to focus in on something in all the chaos that surrounded her. Another person would have passed out, indeed it was only Ar'kanra's powers that still kept her alive with such serious wounds. Finally her eyes found something to concentrate on. A brown haired female healer bent over her, shouting something to the other people. The healer placed her hand on Ar'kanra's head, saying something to her and smiling reassuringly. As soon as the woman's skin touched hers, Ar'kanra felt the familiar rush that she had long since grown used to. The woman's thoughts and feelings were now open to her, she could read them as if they were her own.

"I hope she's ok... So young... the tattoos are strange... where is her family?"

Fragments drifted back to her and Ar'kanra's mind whispered to her that the woman was named Janet. Janet was kind and a friend of the four strange warriors that had saved her people. If the warriors had not come, her people the Shackadi would have been slaughtered by the Gou'ald lords from the sky, merely because they had no use for them. As Janet placed a mask over Ar'kanra's head and the strange smelling gas filled her lungs, Ar'kanra smiled. She would reward them all with her gift.



*****



Sam sighed as Jack hovered at her shoulder as they made their way to the debriefing room. He'd been doing this ever since she'd been shot by that maniac, it was as if he thought if he let her out of his sight for a minute something was going to happen to her. God help her, she loved him but sometimes... but this was just too much!

"Sir!" she said, annoyed. Stopping dead in the hall.

"Yes Carter?" he turned to face her, saw the look on her face and also stopped.

"I'm fine, there's nothing wrong with me, you don't need to hover over me constantly!" She immediatley regretted it. As much as she tried, Sam couldn't keep the annoyance out of her voice. She blushed and began down the hallway again.

"Sorry Carter." Jack muttered but he continued to shadow her as they walked along.



*****



During the debrief, SG-1 recounted how they had come to P3X-231 to find the village under Gou'ald attack. They had immediately herded the people to the gate and dialed back home. During the meeting, Jack stole glances at Sam, he wasn't hovering was he? But he still felt guilty for what happened on the planet where he had been kidnapped. Sam noticed Jack glancing at her nervously. After a while of pretending not to notice him she turned and smiled reassuringly back at him, then kicked his foot under the table. Jack quietly smiled back as Daniel recounted the apparent customs of the people, then kicked her foot back.



*****



Ar'kanra woke up, putting a hand to her arm, it hurt badly. She might be dream maker of her tribe but she was only 14 and not immune to fear, this scared her more then anything she had ever encountered. The pain was throbbing and with each new wave it becaome more painful. She was scared but she would live, she smiled at this fact. Ar'kanra's thoughts returned to the warrior team and the healer named Janet. To thank them she would do what she was good at. If it was possible, she would give them what they most desired.



*****



Daniel found Teal'c, Sam and Jack, drinking coffee in the cafeteria. He stopped and stepped in the doorway, catching Sam's attention. Instead of getting up, she motioned him over. Realising they weren't going to move, he sighed and walked across the crowded mess hall.

"The Shackadi's Dream Maker wishes to thank us, she wants us to come to the medical bay." He almost shouted over the hum of noise in there.

His team members drained their coffee, and stood up to stretch. Sam and Jack threw their cups at the bin while Teal'c placed his carefully in. Together they left.



*****



Ar'kanra smiled as the warriors walked in, she could give them what they desired. She already knew what their leader wanted. When he had carried her, she had felt it pulsing in her blood stream, a constant reminder even as he planned the best way to get them all out of there. The leader wanted the blond warrior. Now to find out what the blond warrior wanted. Ar'kanra touched them all on the head, one by one and smiled. She could give them what they wanted. The female warrior called Sam ached as much for Jack as he ached for her. Tonight Ar'kanra would weave her magic. She stepped back and bowed to them, saying in her language "My thanks."

When they were gone, Ar'kanra sighed, she could not give Daniel what he wanted. She would have given him back his wife if she could but that was impossible, so she chose and alternative.



*****



Daniel yawned, the lack of sleep was catching up with him but he didn't want to face the nightmares. Reluctantly he went to his quarters, falling asleep as soon as his head touched the pillow. That night, his nightmares were replaced by sweet dreams of his Shau'ri.



*****



About an hour later, a few levels down on the other side of the complex, Janet Frasier studied her notes. She frowned, trying to remember what she was thinking when she wrote them. The answer had to be there somewhere! Suddenly it all clicked into place and she began to scribble on her pad furiously.



*****



3 hours later, unstopped by anyone, Teal'c walked into the gate room, the strange compulsion he felt urging him on. The last chevron clicked into place and the gate engaged. Teal'c strode through its watery surface to the planet where his wife and child waited.



*****



Quite a while later, Jack strode purposefully through the halls, making his way towards the locker room. He knew that he had to go there, he wasn't sure why but he had to. He opened the locker room door and Sam turned around to face him.

"I was just finishing up, sir." She jerked her head up and smiled when she saw it was him. Jack watched as she put her shampoo in her locker and slammed the door. She reached her hands through her wet hair, sending it in everywhich direction. She was so beautiful, he had to concentrate on keeping his breathing steady.

"Jack." He said, taking a step closer. "Call me Jack, Carter."

Unconsciously Sam took a step back and bumped into her locker. Jack took another step forward, he stood directly in front of her, his chest rising as he breathed, his heart pounding in his chest, and he looked down at her. He took her hands in his loosely. Sam looked into his eyes, lost.

"Sam." She corrected him, knowing he knew what she meant. Firmly she gripped his hands. Jack looked into her eyes, searching them to see she was sure. Seeing his answer in them, he leant forward, brushing his lips against hers. Leaning forward, Sam deepened the kiss. The air around them practically hummed with electricity. Jack released one of Sam's hands so he could tangle his in her hair as hers went to his waist pulling him tighter. Their other two hands remaining joined.



*****



Daniel had woken up refreshed and happy, after the best sleep he'd had since Sha'ree was taken. He decided that he wanted to get his journal from his locker, he was ready to write again. There was an added bounce in his step as he strode along the bases hallways. What a great day it was going to be.

He opened the door to the locker room and walked into two of his best friends. Drawing in a sharp breath he stopped dead in his trackes. They were making out like teenagers. Daniel backed out of the room, while his friends obliviously went on kissing. With a smile on his face Daniel went back to his room, oh yes he had a lot to write about.



*****



Sam and Jack parted, panting and very much out of breath. Jack smiled, thinking of a statement he'd made while Sam was unconscious. Leaning his forehead against hers he whispered, "I love you." Then he grinned. "And I definitely want to do that again."

Sam smiled back at him, a smile of pure joy and love. "I love you too." She whispered. "And I think we have a date."

She brushed her lips against his briefly, reluctantly pulling away. Taking his hand she opened the door and led him towards the elevators, both of them grinning like children.



finis