samandjack.net

Story Notes: This is only my third attempt at this, be warned! I started thinking about what would be Jack's perfect b'day pressie. It might be followed by Sam's perfect b'day pressie, but i don't know!
Enjoy, Laura

DISCLAIMER: All characters belong to MGM, World Gekko Corp and Double Secret Productions, I just borrowed them to have a little play. But this story is mine [insert evil laugh here].

SUMMARY: It's Jacks Birthday and SG1 have an impromptu party.

RATED: PG-13

WARNING: This story features a relationship between Sam Carter and Jack O'Neill. If you do not like this then don't read this story.

This hasn't been beta-ed folks, be warned!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACK by Laura fic_chic@yahoo.com


It was Jack's birthday and he was having a really bad day!

His doorbell rang. *Oh great,* he thought *Company!*

He got out of his chair and opened the door to find the rest of his team standing on his doorsteps, arms full of pizza and beer.

"Happy Birthday, Jack," Daniel said with a smile as he came in and went into the living room.

"I would also like to wish you a 'happy birthday', O'Neill," Teal'c said following Daniel.

Sam walked up to him and raised herself onto her tiptoes to place a feather light kiss on his cheek. "Happy Birthday, Sir," she told him.

He looked at her questioningly.

"Birthday tradition, sir," she told him, and he almost believed her. Almost.

"Captain, if you're going to go around doing that to me, it ought to be Jack," he told her, resisting the urge to touch the spot on his cheek were her lips had touched.

"Alright," she said. "Happy Birthday, Jack."

They went into the living room where Daniel and Teal'c had spread the food out and Sam placed her contribution on the table.

Jack stood in the doorway and looked at the rest of his team. "Thanks, guys," he thanked them, "but this really wasn't necess..."

"Yes, it was Jack," Sam told him. Daniel noticed that Sam had called him Jack - something she never did, even when they were off-duty and his mind began to wander.

Sam walked over to Jack, took his hand and pushed him gently onto the sofa, and then she sat down next to him.

Soon they were all eating and talking and laughing. *Hey, maybe this day, isn't so bad,* Jack thought to himself.



*~*~*~*~*~*



At about 11:30, Daniel looked at his watch, noted the time and stood up to leave.

"Well, I better be going. We have an early start tomorrow and I'm beat."

"I also will go now O'Neill," Teal'c told Jack.

"Sure, well, thanks guys, I had a good time."

"Pleasure, Jack," Daniel told him, noting that Sam hadn't made a move to go.

They headed for the front door and Daniel couldn't resist. "You staying Sam?" he asked.

"I'll help clear up," Sam said and Daniel decided to let it lie.

"Happy Birthday, Jack," he said as he left.

"Happy Birthday, O'Neill," Teal'c echoed.

The door closed behind them.

"You don't have to help, Sam," Jack told her. "I can manage myself."

"I know you can, but that doesn't make a difference, I'll help. Besides we brought all the mess, so its only fair," Sam argued her point.

"Alright," Jack acquiesced, and they set to work clearing up.

It was quickly done with the two of them making the effort and soon Jack's living room was clean again.

They stood looking at each other, an uncomfortable silence between them.

Sam looked at the floor then back up at Jack. She stepped towards him to kiss his cheek like she had when she had come in, but Jack moved his face to look at her and she caught his lips. It felt electric.

Sam pulled back and opened her mouth to apologise when she felt Jack's lips devour hers and her words died. She responded to Jack and leaned in to him. Her arms slid up around his neck and clasped at the nape of his neck, and his arms wrapped around her waist, pulling her closer to him.

She opened her mouth and Jack accepted the invitation to explore her mouth with his tongue, as her tongue invaded his mouth.

Both came up for air gasping and breathing heavily.

"Sam."

"Jack," they said together.

They looked into each other's eyes and words became unnecessary as their thoughts and emotions were written in their eyes.

Sam yawned and Jack felt the irresistible urge to do the same.

Sam smiled. "I ought to get going," Sam said reluctantly as she turned to leave.

"Stay," Jack said quietly. "Please, stay. Don't go."

Sam looked up at him and smiled.

Jack smiled back at her. He took her by the hand and led her upstairs.

When they reached Jack's bedroom Sam kicked off her shoes and Jack did the same, still grasping each other's hands.

Jack pulled back the covers and sat on the edge of the bed, pulling Sam onto his lap. He wrapped his strong arms around her and Sam felt safe and protected, and more at peace than she ever had in her life.

Slowly they sank back into the bed and Sam pulled the covers over them.

"This is the best birthday present I could have hoped for," Jack whispered softly in Sam's ear.

Sam smiled. "Well, its not even my birthday," she said just as softly.

Jack laughed. "How we going to top this for your birthday?" he asked suggestively.

"I'm sure we'll think of something," Sam said, her voice full of promise.

"I'm sure we will."

"Night, Jack," Sam said as she placed a soft kiss on his lips.

"Night, Sam."

"Happy Birthday."

"It was," Jack told her.

And then they both fell asleep.



*~*~*~*~*~*



Feedback is appreciated, but please be nice!



***********************************************************

For I dip't into the future far as human eye could see, saw a vision of the world and all the wonder that would be - Alfred Lord Tennysonn