samandjack.net

Story Notes: well, this is it, my first, very short attempt at fanfic. Hope it is OK.
Dawn. mick@bluesguitarist.freeserve.co.uk

spoilers: none

rating: pg

summary: Jack feels he needs to tell Sam how he feels about her, before it's too late

archive: Sam and Jack

date: 20th May 1999

Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters belong to MGM, Gekko Corp and Double Secret Productions. This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it. Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended. Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental.

Copyright Dawn Kolaski 20/05/99


DONT GO



Jack's world was falling apart around him. A simple trip through the stargate had now turned into a nightmare. Daniel and Teal'c were missing... possibly dead... he shuddered at the thought. Worst still, he was being held captive whilst the Goaul'd were heavily in pursuit of Sam. Apophis was after a new bride, and he had his eyes firmly set on Sam. Jack was powerless to do anything about it, all he could do was watch as Sam was chased to the edge of the cliff. She was now trapped.

"Leave her alone!" he yelled

Apophis laughed and took him nearer to her... they were standing feet apart

"I'm so sorry" Jack whispered to her

"No Apophis, I am going to be no bride of yours" she spat at him Then she looked at Jack... "I'm sorry to... Jack" she said. Then she turned to face the edge of the cliff.

Jack realized what she was about to do. "SAM... NO... dont do it"

she turned to face him, with tears in her eyes she put one foot forward...

"Sam... I LOVE YOU..." said Jack

Sam smiled as she fell to her death...



Jack woke up with a start... he was dripping with sweat... it took him a while to get his bearings... all he could see was Sam falling... falling... he shut his eyes to black out the horror. At last he came round.

"Another damn nightmare" he cursed

How much more of this could he stand, he'd had a nightmare every night for the last week, and every single one of them had him telling Sam he loved her... just before she died... Strangely, this was just after Sam had announced that she was leaving SG-1, to spend some more time with her father, and the Tok'ra... and Martouf (Jolinar).

So, what did these dreams mean?

Did he really love Sam? Or was this an omen that she was going to die? Deep down inside he knew the truth, but it was a love that could not be, so why have these silly nightmares?

There was a knock at the door. Daniel was ready to go to the briefing room.

"So Jack, who do you think will be Sam's replacement?"

"I dont know Daniel, that's why we're going to see General Hammond now!"

"OK, dont bite my head off."

"Ah, sorry Daniel, I've got alot on my mind."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

Jack looked at Daniel, thought for a few minutes and then entered the briefing room.

Sam was sitting there with Teal'c, and Jack suddenly felt that he couldn't do this... he didn't want her to leave his team, how could he talk about her replacement?? So, he asked for the meeting to be postponed for a few days, because there was something he had to do. General Hammond wasn't too impressed, but knowing how sad they all were to hear she was going, he agreed.

"Sir... Sir." Sam cried after Jack

He turned round to face her "yes captain."

"Are you alright, Sir"

This was it, now was his chance, tell her, talk to her, let her know what he was thinking. "Yes, I'm fine thankyou, Carter, just not been sleeping too well lately, that's all."

"Oh, OK Sir."

As she left, Jack found himself watching her. "God I love that woman" he thought.

Just then Daniel appeared. As though reading his mind he said "Jack, I feel you could do with that talk!"

"Ah Danny, yes, I think you're probably right... this time."

They went back to Jack's quarters, and he poured Daniel a drink.

"Jack?"

"Daniel, I keep having nightmares about Sam dying" and he proceeded to tell him all about them.

"and there's one other thing, each time, just before she dies I tell her I love her!"

Daniel looked at Jack. "Oh, I see."

"So, why all these nightmares?"

"You really need me to answer that?"

"Danny?"

"Oh come on Jack, stop being so stubburn, admit it, own up to your feelings, or you'll lose her for ever."

"What, you mean when I tell her I love her, she'll stay with me and not go to her Dad? Yeh, right!"

"Yeh, right. This is great, Jack."

"Not from where I'm standing."

"I couldn't think of two people that could be better suited, dont let her go Jack. Tell her... NOW."

Daniel left, and Jack poured himself another drink... "what to do?" he thought.



Meanwhile Sam was finishing off her packing. She was looking forward to going, but she didn't want to leave her team... especially Jack... she was getting too emotionally involved with him, and because of rules, there would be no way they could get together. So, after talking to her father, it was agreed that the best thing she could do was leave. This decision was breaking her heart, but she had no choice.

There was a knock at the door.

It was Jack... her heart started pounding... his was already going ten to the dozen.

"Sam, could I talk to you?"

"Er... yes... yes come in Sir."

"Oh quit the formalities Carter, look, we are all going to miss you, and... well... if you feel there is a problem that can't be solved, well... it can Sam, I can sort anything... trust me."

She could feel herself blushing, did he know how she felt? "Oh I know, it's not that, I want to spend time with my Dad." She couldn't believe she'd just said that.

"Yeh, I understand... but understand this as well... DONT GO Sam."

He fled the room, leaving Sam stood there speechless. She looked round the door at him go, and as though he could feel her eyes on him, he turned round and said "I love you."



That night was the longest of her life... "there he feels the same way about you" she thought, she remembered what he'd said. "Dont go... I love you".



Jack on the other hand, had the best night's sleep in ages, his feelings had at at last been off loaded. All he could dream about was Sam... with him... in his bed... in her bed... in the briefing room!... on another planet... everywhere!

"Oh Sam, dont go, please" he said to himself.



The next day was departure day, nerves were riding high. Where was Sam? Jack could barely bring himself to see her go. Daniel stood by him for moral support. Then she appeared with General Hammond and her dad. The two men smiled at Jack, Daniel and Teal'c, and her dad said "You guys are very special to Sam, I trust you will treat her well."

Jack looked at her, she looked at him, winked and smiled.

"Captain Carter has decided to stay, apparently something happened last night to change her mind."

Jack couldn't believe it, Daniel cheered, Teal'c shook her hand... but Sam went up to Jack and gave him a peck on the cheek...

"I love you too Sir."



The End

Dawn Kolaski