samandjack.net

Story Notes: email: arla@telusplanet.net

Rating: PG-13

Classification: S/J Romance

Spoilers: None

Archive: Sam and Jack Relationship, Heliopolis and my site. All others please ask.

Summary: One little kiss that started it all :0) My addition to the kiss challenge. I know, I know this is late, but better late than never, right? :0)

Disclaimer: SG1 and all characters within belong to Gekko, Double Secret, etc. The rest is mine. Lyrics belong to Kim Carnes and Greg Barnhill.

Notes: Kudos to my beta-readers Miki and Tiffany, thanks to you both :0)


~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>
I thought you were just a friend
Someone I could talk to when I needed a shoulder
Seemed like just another night
Somehow you just happened by
But you knew better
I found out when we kissed

And oh, just one little kiss
And now I know what I missed
Baby, all my life and I was not expecting this
Now you got me where I live
With just one little kiss
~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>



Music played softly in the background and the cheery glow of the fire place added an almost romantic ambiance to the house. Sam Carter finished up with the small salad she was making and crossed over to the stove. She gave a final stir to the creamy Parmesan noodles before turning off the gas and moving over to the grill to check the chicken breasts. They were cooked and so she placed a thin slice of mozzarella cheese over each. She sighed. She had made far too much food for just herself but comforted herself with the fact that she could wrap up the left overs and have them again tomorrow.

Sam was just taking the chicken off the grill when her doorbell rang. She frowned as she wasn't expecting anyone. "Wonder who that is?" she muttered to herself as she wiped her hands on a towel and stepped from the kitchen.

Sam opened the door and was very surprised to see her visitor. "Colonel?" she gave him a surprised but pleased smile. "What can I do for you?"

"I'd like to speak with you a moment, if I may?" he told her quietly.

"Of course, please come in." Sam replied and stepped aside so that he could step into her house. She closed the door and then turned to face him.

"As you know, " Jack began. "Daniel's birthday is next week and I thought that maybe we could throw him a surprise party."

"That's a wonderful idea." Sam smiled

"I'm sorry. I interrupted your dinner." Jack apologized when he smelled the heady aroma drifting from the kitchen. "I can come back later."

"I have plenty of food. Why don't you join me and we can discuss plans over dinner." Sam offered and mentally crossed her fingers.

"That would be nice." Jack replied as he flashed her a smile.

"Good." Sam said and watched him as he slipped off the leather jacket he wore. She took it from him and hung it from the coat tree behind her.

"What can I do?" Jack asked as he followed Sam into the kitchen.

"Open the wine." she replied and pointed to the fridge. "I think I have a bottle of white in there somewhere." she added as she took down two plates.

"Corkscrew?" he asked as he held up the chilled wine bottle.

"Second drawer." Sam responded as she began to dish out the food.

"Wine glasses?"

"Cupboard above the microwave."

Sam took the plates out to the dining room and placed them on the table before returning for the salad and silverware. Minutes later they were sitting down at the table.

Jack took a bite of his food and smiled. "This is wonderful, Sam." he complemented her.

"Thank you." she replied, blushing a little with his praise. "Now, what exactly did you have in mind for Daniel's party?" she asked, drawing him to the reason for his visit.

"Well," Jack began and told her some of his ideas.



*



After dinner they moved to the living room and settled on the sofa with their wine to finish their planning.

"I think that Daniel will really enjoy this." Sam told Jack with a smile.

"Let's hope so." he replied.

Jack watched Sam as she took a sip of her wine. The soft firelight bathed her features in a golden glow and added red-gold highlights to her hair. /Beautiful/ he thought as his eyes drank in every delicate curve.

Sam's heart was beating at a trip-hammer pace as she felt Jack's eyes on her. He had never looked at her in quite this way before and she found it a little disconcerting, yet strangely erotic. Her heart rate picked up as he set his glass down on the coffee table and shifted closer to her. Reaching out, Jack gently rested his hand on her chin, turning her head so that their eyes met. Sam was surprised at the depth of desire she read in his eyes.

"Sam," he said softly, drawing her name out as though it were a caress. "Sam," he murmured as his thumb stroked gently across her bottom lip. "I want to kiss you, Sam."

Sam's answer was a nod and Jack heard her sharp intake of breath as his lips descended to hers. His kiss was tentative at first as though he were afraid she would change her mind and slap him. He smiled against her lips when her arms wrapped around his neck to draw him closer, and he deepened the kiss, his tongue pressing for entry past her lips. She opened her mouth and drew his tongue inside to dance and duel with her own.

Breathlessly they parted and Sam gave Jack a smile. "Wow."

"If I had known what kissing you was like, I would have done it one hell of a lot sooner." he told her with a grin.

"Well, I guess then we have some lost time to make up for." Sam replied with a seductive whisper.

"We do at that." Jack murmured huskily as he pulled her back into his arms.

The firelight bathed them in its warm, golden glow as Jack stretched Sam out beside him on the sofa and they started down that slow, sweet road to making love.

~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>
They say things we leave unsaid
They just turn into regrets
When nights get long and lonely
Somehow baby you got through
I've been waiting for you too
I didn't know, I found out when we kissed

And oh, just one little kiss
And now I know what I missed
Baby, all my life and I was not expecting this
Now you got me where I live
With just one little kiss
You think that love forsakes you
Then by surprise it takes hold

And oh, just one little kiss
And now I know what I missed
Baby, all my life and I was not expecting this
Now you got me where I live
With just one little kiss
~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>



~~~FIN~~~~