samandjack.net

Story Notes: Hey everyone,
This is my first go at writing a fanfic so please don't yell at me too much.

Title: One Saturday Morning

Author: Butterfly

Email: flutterbye6@hotmail.com

Archive: Heliopolis and Sam and Jack, Whoever else ask me first please.

Disclaimer: All characters belong to MGM, Showtime and Gekko. I don't own any of them, I just borrowed them. I'm not making any money so please don't sue me.

Spoilers: None

OK I thinks that's all I have to say so here's the story.


Captain Samantha Carter stretched lazily and sat up. She stretched her arms above her head and yawned. Glancing her right she saw that he was still asleep. He was beautiful when he was asleep. He'd have her head if he heard her call him that. But that's what he was. Beautiful. Look up that word in a thesaurus and he's all of those.

She carefully eased herself off the bed trying not to wake him. She headed for the shower scooping her undies and a singlet top up as she went. She loved Saturdays. No rush to be anywhere. Well actually Friday nights were even better. Not that they had a normal nine to five job but they generally got weekends off if it was possible. So far no one had figured out that when she left she didn't always go home to her apartment. Neither did Jack always go home to his house. So far they'd managed not to be found out. They had had a few close shaves though. Just last Monday she'd forgotten to take her engagement ring off. She always wore it all weekend but on week days she left it at home. But last Monday she'd forgotten, and worn it to the SGC. Thankfully Jack had seen it before anyone else could.

She stepped out of the shower and rubbed the towel through her short blond hair. She pulled on the undies, pulled the singlet top over her head and left the small room. She glanced at the bed as she passed it. He was still asleep. Poor baby. She walked past him and down the stairs, heading for the kitchen. Her thoughts drifted back to last night. She smiled. Who'd have thought Colonel Jack O'Neill was so creative.

She reached the kitchen and put the coffee on. She opened the fridge door to see if there was anything left worth eating. There was a knock at the door. Engrossed as she was in her thoughts and the fridge, she called out with out thinking. "Come in."

The door opened and Daniel walked in. "Sam?" She stood up and whirled around. Oh shit. "What are you doing here?"

"Um." There was no logical way to explain her presence there. Especially her current state of undress, not to mention the ring sparkling on her left hand. "What is it Daniel." Perhaps the best thing to do for now was to pretend nothing was going on. They were going to have to tell Daniel now, but she didn't want to do it alone.

"Um General Hammond wants to see us all, I told him I'd tell Jack on my way to the base." Daniel answered looking at her questioningly. "No wonder you didn't answer your phone."

"Wait here. I'll get him." Sam turned and fled up the stairs. She opened the door and ran in. True to Saturday mornings he was still lying in bed with his eyes closed. "Jack, open your eyes I know your awake." His eyes slowly opened.

"Ah you know me to well." He reached up and kissed her nose and mouth playfully. She sighed wanting nothing more than to climb back into bed with him and never leave.

"The General wants to see us. But we have an even bigger problem. Daniel came to tell you and he saw me. I didn't think and invited him in when he knocked." Her voice started to waver.

"Hey, hey." Jack sat up and pulled her into his arms. He rocked her and stroked her hair. "It isn't your fault. Don't you dare blame yourself."

She no longer hide her feelings from him the way she did with everyone else. He knew her better now then anyone else in the world, make that universe.

"It was bound to happen sooner or later. I can't tell you how many close shaves I've had. It's only Daniel anyway. He won't tell. Okay?" Sam nodded her head against his chest. "Good now lets go see what the good general wants and then we'll tell Daniel together." Sam reluctantly moved out of his embrace and they each hurriedly dressed. "You know Sam it's kind of a relief. Daniel was one of the main people I didn't like hiding from."

"Right now we just wait for Teal'c and Janet to find out. Or should we just tell them? They'll find out soon enough anyway." Jack put his arm around Sam's waist and playfully pushed her through the door.

"Ah but that's all part of the fun of the game."



The End.