samandjack.net

Story Notes: Category: Action, Crossover, Romance: S&J, Mac/Harm, Annalisa/AJ, (D&J)

Spoilers: JAG, Pensacola, and of course Stargate

Author's Note: Stargate is around S4, JAG is in S5, and I have replaced Annalisa to Kelly's team. Mt. Martin is the product of my imagination. The end is a bit too rosy, if you want, way too pink, but I think, after a good fight, everybody deserves a 'good night'. Feedback please!!!


ALL FOR THREE




" What the…!" she exclaimed, as she was thrown into a dark room. She landed on her bottom, swearing.

" How lucky" came a muffled voice from the corner. " I hit my nose."

" Is it bleeding?" she asked.

" No more" came the brief reply.

" Are you alone here?"

" No more."

" How funny!" came a dry laugh. Suddenly the cell's door was opened again, and she could barely roll on her side, to avoid a body, flying over the room. She stood up, and went to the new arrival. She was breathing, and she was conscious.

" I think, my left wrist is broken" the new one stated. " Hi, my name is Major Doctor Samantha Carter, USAF."

" Lt.Colonel Sarah MacKenzie, USMC, JAG" she went closer, and with the scarf, she had, tried to fix Sam's wrist.

" Lt. Annalisa Lindstrom, USMC."

" Two marines and a flygirl, what do we have in common?" Mac asked.

" You mean, besides that we are women soldiers?" Annalisa asked.

" Yes."

" Is it better?"

" Yes, thank you, Lt. Colonel. I don't think now, that it's broken. I don't know too much marines, to tell the truth" Sam stated. " There is exactly only one, who could do such a thing. But I think, he was jailed."

" And his name is?" Mac asked.

" Colonel Robert Makepeace" Sam revealed his name.

" Oh" Mac exclaimed.

" You know him?" Sam asked back.

" Quite well. I was the prosecutor in his case."

" Really? I didn't know, that he was facing a jury."

" Why should he not?"

" He belonged to a top secret facility."

" I know. I didn't have that many information, but it didn't matter. The facts were speaking against him. Especially after the evidence of Colonel O'Neill."

" He was there? He didn't tell."

" I don't know why. Oh, I remember you! You are his 2IC, he was speaking of you. That you would wait for him, because there was a problem to be solved."

" There is always a problem to be solved" Sam nodded. " What about you, Lieutenant? Have you heard about Colonel Makepeace?"

" I don't remember. But maybe, he took me, to use against my CO, Lt. Colonel Bill Kelly."

" Okay, what can we do?" Mac asked.

" To break free is not possible. There are two men standing in front of the door. And another two were standing on the roof" Annalisa said.

" And another four were guarding the whole house" Sam added.

" And another three were together with the leader."

" That makes at least 12 men. And we are only three. We cannot do anything, till reinforcement is here" Sam stated.

" And how could they know, that we are here?" Mac asked.

" My CO is very good at finding people" Annalisa said.

" And mine is very good at finding me" Sam added. She earned two giggles.

" And my partner is very good at investigating. He is like dog, when it is after a buried marrow-bone."

" Okay, so we have high hopes. But we don't know about his intentions. He could kill us in the very next second" Sam stated. She barely spoke out the last word, as the door was opening again. The three women held their breaths back, Sam's words still hovering above them. Mac's eyes were fixed at the person, standing in the doorframe. She couldn't see his face, because light was coming from behind him, but he remembered her on Makepeace.

" Hi, Colonel" Sam greeted him.

" I had been really disappointed, Major Carter, if you had not figured it out, who I were. Ladies, you are together with one of the brightest scientists of the USA. And Lt. Colonel MacKenzie is one of the best prosecutors in the JAG. And you, Lt. Lindstrom, are the most talented chopper pilot, I have ever seen. But I also know, that you are nothing without your teams. Oh, and don't hold your breath, till they arrive, because they won't find you. Good night, ladies" a smile has crossed slowly his lips, then he left.

" It's 15.50. No goodnight" Mac said.

" Oh, you are that one!" Sam remembered. " Colonel O'Neill mentioned, that he met a female Lt.Colonel, who always knew the exact time, although she hasn't got a watch."

" That's me" Mac nodded. " We should stay awake, at least till 9 p.m."

" And what are we gonna do?" Sam asked.

" Talking?" Annalisa suggested. " What's the name of your partner, Major?"

" Lt. Commander Harmon Rabb. He is in the Navy."

" Pretty good team, they will form" Sam said. " A marine, an airmen, and a sailor."

" I think, Lt. Col. Kelly will gather my old team. We were a special unit in Pensacola."

" Pensacola?" Mac asked back.

" Yes. Have you been there?"

" Quite often indeed. A friend of mine is serving there. Her name is Holly Morton."

" I know her, but she is a Captain. And I always hang around with my boys."

" I see. And what about you, Major? Where is that top secret facility?"

" In the Middle of the USA" Sam said.

" I see, you cannot say."

" Exactly. It's a top secret facility, Lt.Colonel."

" Mac."

" Sam. And you Lt. Lindstrom?"

" Annalisa, ma'am."

" Lose that, we are in the same boat. You can call us Mac and Sam."

" Thank you, Sam. Are you two married?"

" No" came the answer in unison.

" I was once" Mac confessed.

" I was engaged once" Sam added. " And you?"

" I'm engaged."

" Good for you" Mac sighed a bit enviously.




**********




" Lt. Commander Rabb, to my office!" Admiral Chegwidden ordered him, as he was walking into the JAG Headquarters in Falls Church, Virginia. LCDR Rabb followed him into his office, and waited, till he switched on the project wall.

" Do you know, this two women, Commander?" he asked, pointing at the pictures of Sam and Annalisa.

" No, sir."

" And the two gentlemen?"

" Yes, sir" Harm nodded, as the photos of Colonel O'Neill and Lt. Colonel Kelly appeared on the wall. " Colonel O'Neill, and Lt. Colonel Kelly. What's wrong with them?" The Admiral switched back to the pictures of the women.

" Major Dr Samantha Carter was the 2IC of O'Neill. Disappeared this morning. Lt. Annalisa Lindstrom was in the team of Kelly. Disappeared this morning. And Lt.Colonel Sarah MacKenzie, your partner. Disappeared this morning."

" Disappeared?"

" They are not at home, and they are not at their bases. All three are very good, and conscientious officers. You know Mac, Commander. She would never miss a hearing."




**********




" Where is Sam?" Daniel asked Teal'c, after he walked into the control room. He only shook his head, and pointed into the direction of Jack, who was on the phone. As Daniel went closer, he could hear him talking.

" Come on, Major! Pick up the phone! C'mon, Sam! Don't let me hang!"

" What are you doing?"

" Calling Sam" Jack announced.

" Where is she?"

" Not here, and obviously not at home. I thought she were here, but she never checked in this morning. We are scheduled for 1200, and she would never miss the briefing, which is in ten minutes."

" I know. Have you tried her cell phone yet?"

" Yes, she is not answering, I have left ten messages on her answering machine. And in her voice box, but she is not there."

" Colonel! Dr Jackson, Teal'c! To my office!"

" Yes, sir" Jack nodded, and hurried in, hoping Sam is there, or the General knows about her whereabouts.

" Do you know this two women?" General Hammond asked them, placing two pictures in front of Jack.

" Only her, Lt.Colonel MacKenzie form JAG" he picked up Mac's photo.

" Where do you know her?" Daniel asked him.

" She was the prosecutor at Makepeace's trial" Jack shrugged his shoulders.

" I see. Who is the other one?" Daniel asked General Hammond.

" Her name is Lt. Lindstrom. Disappeared this morning, just as MacKenzie. And Major Carter."

" What?"

" Someone had seen her, leaving her house in the morning with a man."

" And?" Jack asked. Boy he was hurt! Daniel was only smiling, against the serious of the situation.

" And this man was identified, as Lt. Johnson. Former team colleague of our Colonel Makepeace." Jack was a happy camper again, till he figured out, what that meant.

" They were kidnapped" he stated, didn't ask.

" Exactly. You go, and find them. You have SG-6 on your side. And a special unit from Pensacola. And certainly Lt. Commander Rabb."

" I'm the CO of this operation?"

" Not only because you have the highest rank, but because you have worked together with Makepeace. And you have a plenty more experience, than the others. Although I won't underestimate them. This Lt. Commander was in Vietnam, as he was 16. And the other man was in Nam, and in the Gulf, he has got two ribbons for that. But I guess Black Ops outrank every other experience."

" I see, sir." Jack was never pleased, when he was remembered on his past.

"Can Teal'c accompany me?"

" SG-1 is going with you, Colonel."

" Thank you, sir. Daniel, come and help me with that Internet!"




*******




" Why are we here?" Lt. Bobby Griffin asked.

" I dunno" Lt. AJ Conaway shrugged his shoulders, he was still sleepy, and all tired. He had got plenty to do yesterday. He wasn't pleased to be pulled out of his bed.

" Kelly will have his grounds, to gather the old team again" Lt.Wendell McCray assumed.

" And that would lead to another question. Where is Annalisa?"

" I dunno" AJ said. " She has left early this morning."

" And she was soon disappeared" came the voice of Lt.Col. Kelly.

" What?!" AJ asked, fully awakened.

" Yes, she has never arrived at the training."

" But, sir…" AJ was confused. Annalisa was well, as he saw her last night.

" Two other female officers are disappeared, too. And the common point is a man named Colonel Robert Makepeace. We have served in Desert Storm together. With one of the women he has worked together recently. And the other was his prosecutor, he was jailed for ten years, but somehow he could escape. We will work together with the teams of the other women. The CO of this mission will be Colonel O'Neill. He will bring his unit, and another one with him. And LCDR Rabb will accompany us, too."

" I know him, sir" Bobby said.

" Yes, I do, too. He is an excellent pilot." Kelly wasn't the man of showing his feelings, but it was so damn good, to see them together again.

" Our task is to locate the women, and help the others. Am I understood?"

" Yes, sir!"

" And no rivalry. They are good, too. And we have to bring back our officers in one piece. What he says is just an order, as I should have given him."

" Yes, sir!"




**********




" Oh, Daniel, I almost forgot! Go into military mode. You are a Lieutenant, don't forget about that!" he handed him a jacket. " I hope it would fit, it belonged to Simmons. And the nametag is from Sgt. Jennifer Jackson. "

" Yes, sir!" Daniel nodded grinning.

" Lose that! I don't want you to call me like that. We are good friends, we are calling us by first names, okay?"

" Okay" he nodded. " And what about Teal'c? "

" You, Teal'c, are a Captain. Here, I have borrowed it from Captain Jones."

" And what about his family name?" Daniel asked.

" Maybe Captain Teal'c Hammond? We could borrow a nametag from General Hammond."

" Of course, Colonel" the general nodded.

" Okay campers, let's go. Where is SG-6, sir?" he looked around, waiting, that SG-6 would appear in the conference room in the next moment.

" They are waiting for you above. Major Bond and his boys are gonna drive you to the meeting point."

" Yes, sir" Jack nodded, and looked at him, confidence in his eyes. " We will find her, sir. I'm sure about that."

" I know, that you will, but you know Makepeace is a really good marine. Take care of yourselves! And good luck!"

" Thank you, sir." On an abandoned landing place, the others were already waiting for them. The former Sea Dragons were sitting in a Jeep, and Harm and Webb were standing next to Harm's yellow double-decker.

" Marines and Sailors. I do admire those people" Jack whispered to Major Bond, the leader of SG-6. Major Bond grinned back at him knowingly, then both of them got out of the truck.

" Okay, campers" Jack looked around, he was standing next to the truck.

"Go and make friends, Teal'c, you are staying with me. Daniel don't forget about your rank. And search for their reckon expert. And talk to the CIA guy."

" CIA? How do you know?"

" They have a unique smell. Go and talk to him!" Daniel went to the airplane, and greeted them with a nod.

" LCDR Rabb, you should go to my CO. And I was ordered to talk to Mr CIA."

" How do you know?" Harm asked him grinning.

" Jack knows that kind of things" he explained. Harm went to Jack, and Webb stretched out his hand greetingly.

" Agent Clayton Webb" he felt a certain respect for those people. Even he could not figure out, where they were coming from, and what were they exactly doing.

" Lt. Dr Daniel Jackson."

" What kind of a doctor?" his agent himself asked, always thirsty for new information.

" I'm a linguist. And you are?"

" The one, who knows the last whereabouts of Makepeace."

" I see. Excuse me, but I guess, we will need a computer expert. I'll be back in a second" he said, and headed towards the Dragons.

" Lt. McCray?"

" Yes, it's me" Wendell nodded.

" Mr Webb claims, that he knows about the last whereabouts of Makepeace. And we need your help, and your computer, too."

" I guess, that the Jeep is more comfortable for the computer."

" Of course" Daniel nodded, and went back for Webb. After arriving back, Webb contacted his office, and transferred the information to Wendell's computer.

" They were using Major Carter's car. That's why I could determine their position." Meanwhile Jack and Teal'c arrived, too. The others were talking quietly behind them.

" Where was it?" Jack asked Wendell.

" In Kansas, sir" Wendell answered.

" What should he do in Kansas?" Jack asked surprised.

" He is from Kansas" Webb said.

" Yeah, I know. And I know, that he would never choose such an obvious place. Okay, Daniel, guess where he is?"

" In Colorado?" Daniel guessed.

" Bingo!" Jack grinned at him appreciatively.

" How could you be sure of that? And why is it not an obvious place?" Webb asked him doubtfully.

" Mr Webb, I have worked together with that man. Guess, that makes me the expert." Webb only nodded, he didn't like Colonel O'Neill. And the feeling was mutual. But both of them know to respect the other one's qualities.

" Well, that makes me unnecessary here. I will start a search mission for him in Colorado. I will contact you, Lt. McCray" with that, he picked up the phone, and in less than five minutes a helicopter arrived for him.

" What an impressive leave" Major Bond stated.

" He is a bit eccentric" Harm explained.

" But only a bit" Jack added, grinning. " Hope, that he could help us. Okay, campers, pack up, and we are heading to Colorado Springs. We will do a little research, too."




*********




" Yeah, you are right, Annalisa. We have to prove ourselves hard. But there is one thing I have missed, while I was trying to prove so hard."

" And that was?" Mac asked.

" Being a mom. My friend has got a foster daughter, and I envy her for that relationship."

" You know, you should have no problems with getting a baby. I saw you, while Makepeace was here. You are pretty."

" What is it worth being pretty…?" Sam cut herself.

" If you have only one in mind" Mac ended her question. " And if you have once imagined your child, it's hard to change the image. I mean, those greyish-green eyes…"

" Choclate brown" Sam corrected, sighing.

" Blue" Annalisa corrected.

" And the tall figure" Mac went on.

" Yeah" the two other nodded.

" A perfect miniature of his father."

" Her" they corrected, and then all of them bursted out in laugh.

" I don't know, but I wanna do something" Sam's smile faded.

" Same here" Annalisa confessed, and Mac nodded in agreement.

" But what?" she then asked.

" There is a window" Annalisa pointed above.

" Sure, and it has got five strong steel bars" Mac added.

" At least, we could see, where we are. I have only seen the house, after we had arrived, but I guessed, that there were mountains in the near. Mac, you are climbing on our shoulders, and tell us, what you can see" Sam suggested.

" Why me?" she asked. " You are the tallest."

" Wanna play stone, paper, scissors?" Sam offered.

" Yes. Who wins, climbs up" Mac explained the rules.

" Okay" the others nodded in agreement.

" First you and Annalisa, Sam. One, two, three…" Mac counted. At four Sam showed stone, and Annalisa showed scissors.

" Sam, you won. Stone makes scissors broken. Now it's you and me. Annalisa, please, count for us."

" One two three…" Mac showed paper, and Sam showed scissors.

" Scissors cut paper, you are climbing, Sam" Mac announced.

" Why did we do this?" Sam asked, as she was climbing upon their shoulders.

" Pass time, mostly" Annalisa confessed. " Are you seeing anything interesting?"

" Nothing interesting, but something familiar. We are in Colorado, not far from Colorado Springs."

" Are you sure?" Mac asked her, after she was on the ground again.

" Pretty sure, Mac. I live in Colorado Springs."

" Why are we here?" Annalisa asked.

" We were working together here" Sam explained. " I think, he thinks, that Jack thinks, that he would never choose such an obvious place. But if he wants to get one over on Jack, he had to stay here."

" I think, I understand" Mac nodded. " And now, we have to do something. Somehow we should inform them, that we are here."

" But how?" Annalisa asked.

" I dunno" Mac shrugged. " Sam is the brain here."

" Yeah, give me something I can work with."

" Okay, we are waiting for an opportunity" Mac decided.




*******




" Sir, it's Mr Webb, he wants to speak with you."

" Thank you, Lieutenant" Jack took the mobile phone, and went two steps away from the others. " O'Neill here."

" Hi, Colonel! Good news here. Makepeace has got a house in the mountains, not far from Colorado Springs."

" And?"

" I have heard, that you are in Colorado Springs. Go, and check out his house."

" Thank you, Mr Webb" Jack said, and Webb didn't miss the sarcastic undertone. "And where it is?"

" Stay, where you are, and my assistant will bring you the information."

" No!" Jack objected, but Webb already hung up. " Damn" he murmured, and went back to the others. He gave back the phone, and then looked at their companions. " Good news, and bad news. I'm beginning with the good one. Makepeace owns a house here in the mountains. And the bad one is, that Mr Webb decided, that we need a chaperon, and sends his assistant."

" Damn" Major Bond uttered.

" Quite right, Major. But watch that mouth, while he is with us. I guess, we already has got a file in Mr Webb's filing cabinet. We don't wanna give him more, than he has got at this moment."

" Yes, sir!" Major Bond nodded, as did the others.

" We will wait for him here, and till he arrives, we will search for the transmitter, Webb had to place somewhere. First on your computer Lt. McCray." Harm looked at Jack, if he makes him for this responsible, but there was no sign of that on Jack's face. Daniel and Wendell was searching for the transmitter, and soon found it on Wendell's phone set.

" Okay, just to be on the safe side, everything must be checked out, what was in the very near of Mr Webb" Jack said, after he made the transmitter unusable.

" Back to the Taxpayers, Colonel?" Harm asked him.

" Don't worry, it's repairable. And I will personally give it back to Mr Webb." Harm began to like Jack, but there was still something between them, that made their co-operation not to be so smooth, as between O'Neill and Kelly. Harm couldn't determine the source of that, but there was a hidden rivalry between them, but he couldn't say why, and whatabout. As Webb stood next to him, he searched on his jacket, and soon found the second transmitter. The Dragons found another one on their Jeep, and on Daniel's jacket was another one.

" Mr Webb is a very thorough gentleman" Jack stated, as he saw the three pieces together. He made all the three unusable, and put all four into his vest pocket. " Good, I hear the helicopter, Mr Webb's assistant will be here soon. We will check out Makepeace's house, although I have my doubts, that he is there. Anyway, that's a possibility. After we will have arrived there, we will separate. Lt.Colonel Kelly and his boys are the first team. Major Bond's is the other. LCDR Rabb is coming with us, and we will take Mr CIA with us. We will encircle …"

" Sir" Wendell interrupted him in midsentence. " We have got an infra scanner."

" Really? That's good. Okay, you will check out the house, and if anybody should be in there, we will see, what we can do. Our priority is free the three women, and I guess, I don't have to say, that I want them in one piece" he said, before the helicopter landed. They had waited, till the chopper was back in the air again, and then saw, as Mr CIA approached them.

" Colonel O'Neill?" he asked from Jack.

" Sure, and you are?"

" Harrison Ferrari " he stretched out his hand.

" Mr Ferrari, what a pleasure" Jack greeted him, and with a reprimanding look, he made the grins fade. " We are ready, if you are." Mr Ferrari nodded, and sat in the front seat. He gave AJ the sign to start up the engine, and leaned back in his seat. In the Jeep there was absolute silence. Kelly and Bobby wasn't in the mood of speaking, and Mr Ferrari didn't force them into a conversation either. In the truck, following them, the men were every now and then grinning at each other.

" Okay, campers, I give you permission to laugh" Jack said, and he could barely speak out the last word, as the whole truck was laughing. Even Teal'c allowed himself a grin. Jack's anticipations turned out to be right, and there wasn't any soul in the house. Jack ordered Mr Ferrari to call Webb, and in the same sentence, he made it clear, that his assistance is not welcomed anymore. Webb called his Mr Ferrari back, and promised Jack to keep the search on.




********




" Bingo! He has to have a plan, he has to have demands. And then he will call someone. My general, most likely" Sam assumed.

" And, why is this good for us?"

" Because General Hammond will want to speak with me, and I could give him a hint, where we are."

" Where are we exactly?"

" The big mountain to the left is Mt. Martin."

" Annalisa, remember the name, and try to give a hint to your boss. We have to prepare, what if he won't call your general, Sam."

" You are right" Sam nodded. Robert Makepeace chose this moment to step into their cell.

" Lt.Colonel MacKenzie, you are coming with me" he said, and waited for Mac.

" Where are you taking her?"

" None of your business, Major" he said, and closed the door again. Mac tried to remember every detail of the house, and where the guards were posted. She hoped, that Admiral Chegwidden would understand her hidden message. But not Admiral Chegwidden waited for her on the phone. Jack made a little mistake, because he asked Makepeace to allow him to talk to one of the women. And Makepeace used the opportunity, and sent Mac.

" Lt. Colonel MacKenzie here" Mac greeted, whoever was at the other end of the line.

" Hi, Lt. Colonel, here is Colonel O'Neill. Are you three okay?"

" Yes, sir. Sam is okay, and Annalisa, too."

" Good. Please, don't try anything ill-considered action. We will be there soon."

" We won't, I promise. Oh, and please, give the best regards of his Fan Club to LCDR Rabb" Mac said rash, because Makepeace took the receiver out of her hand.

" I have already revealed my demands, O'Neill. You have two hours to give me an answer, if you are willing to carry out my demands."

" Four hours, we have to ask the Navy, the Marines, and the President himself. C'mon, Makepeace!"

" Three, and no minutes more!" he hung up.




*********




" Damn! He is a damn sonof…!" Jack looked at them, and shook his head. " There was no suspicious noise, and I have talked to Lt. Colonel MacKenzie, not to Sam. Oh, LCDR Rabb, your fans are greeting you."

" What are you saying?"

" Your fans are greeting you. You have fans?"

" What I know, no. I don't understand, why she should tell me something like that."

" Well, you are her partner, you should know her."

" What did she say exactly?" Harm asked.

" She said, something like that. I don't remember" Jack shrugged his shoulders.

" She was giving you a hint, and you don't remember?!" Harm yelled at him.

" Why should I remember some damn fan greetings of you?!" Jack yelled back. Daniel looked at Jack surprised. He rarely cried. And he had the feeling, that the same went for LCDR Rabb.

" Hey, what's your problem?" he asked them. They turned to him, and Jack waved him back.

" Daniel, stay out of this!" he ordered.

" Why? You are yelling at each other for nothing!" he shouted.

" And now, you are yelling, too" Teal'c stated.

" Teal'c, please" Daniel sighed. " You are two goddamn…"

" Daniel, watch that language!" Jack reprimanded him.

" And you, stop yelling at LCDR Rabb. Both of you, stop that!"

" We have stopped it already, Daniel. The only one who is yelling, is you" Jack grinned at him. " And she said: please, give the best regards of his Fan Club to LCDR Rabb."

" Thank you" Harm nodded, and then turned to Lt. McCray, and asked for a map. With that, he went back to Jack, and laid out the map in front of him.

" Is there a place named Martin, or Baker here?" Jack looked down at the map, and showed at one of the mountains.

" Mt. Martin" he said, and looked at Harm. They nodded in agreement, and Harm went to call Webb.




********




" It was Colonel O'Neill. I'm sorry, but I guess, I didn't succeed to send the message."

" Don't worry, Mac. They can surely figure out where we are."

" But they have only three hours to do that "Mac explained.

" Oh, boy. We are in trouble" Annalisa sighed.

" And before I knew this, I have promised the Colonel, that we won't do anything stupid."

" We couldn't, Mac. I hate to say this, but it's up to them" Sam said quietly. For at least five minutes they sat in silence, all of them deep in her thoughts. Then Mac called it an evening, and they decided to try to sleep. Although they had problems with that trying. Finally tiredness took over them, and they fell asleep. It was 17.50.




*******




" Okay, campers, lets take a look at this!" Jack approached Wendell's equipment, and let out a 'WoW', as he saw the monitor.

" Two on the roof, four around the house, and six in the house" he counted, as he looked at the infra scan. " And I assume, those are our ladies" he pointed to the three greenish-reddish body shapes on the monitor.

" Yes, sir. They are lying, and they are not moving, I guess, that they are sleeping."

" And why shouldn't they, Lt. McCray?" he asked. " With so many guards around them, they have no chance to free themselves. All they can do is preserve their energies for later."

" Yes, sir" Wendell nodded. " How do they know, that help is here?"

" I would never let my Major in the lurch, Lieutenant, and I guess, I'm speaking in the name of your boss, and of LCDR Rabb's, too."

" I see, sir."

" But there is actually a problem, Lt McCray. We do need their help. They should distract the attention of the guards for a while."

" And how could we send them a message?" Daniel asked.

" Through the window, with a mirror, light and Morse" came Harm's suggestion.

" Thank you for volunteering, LCDR Rabb. Lt. Griffin, you are going with him. But first of all, we have to wake them up."

" And how?" Daniel asked again.

" We will figure out something, Daniel, don't worry."

" That means, that you will figure out something."

" Let me have a call, I should be back in five minutes. After that, you can go, and signal them" with that he left. Bobby and Harm nodded in unison, and were looking after him, as he went away with the mobile phone.

" You know, I have always thought, that my second name were the 'pain in the neck'. Actually, he could be a winner candidate for that title" Harm said to Daniel.

" Our General would be surely agreed with you. But actually, Jack calls ME, the 'pain in the neck'" Daniel confessed.

" You?" the others turned to him in surprise.

" Yes, I could be very stubborn, and I always annoy the hell out of him, with my pleas."

" And what do have a linguist, an astrophysicist and Colonel O'Neill in common?"

" This information is confidential. And if I should ever tell you, Jack would have to kill you." They all laughed, and Daniel was surprised, that they knew, he wasn't serious. He thought, and had plenty of experience, that Jack and Sam were quite the only ones, who had a sense of humour in the Armed Forces.

" This Captain Hammond is the strangest captain I have ever met" Bobby confessed.

" You know, he is Canadian. They are extremely polite, and extremely brief. But he is extremely good at being a soldier."

" I see" Harm nodded, and thought, just as the others, that this Lt. Jackson could lie, as he were reading it from a book. And he would have been ready to bet, that he wasn't an airman either.

" And why are you working together with that CIA guy?"

" Webb? It's a help me, and I will help you alliance, nothing else."

" I see" Daniel nodded. Jack returned, and was examining his new team. They were getting closer, and he knew, that Daniel was a great help at that. It was a good sign, because this way, they can better work together.

" Wait five minutes, and then you can go" he said to Harm and Bobby.

" What will happen in five minutes?" Daniel asked.

" You'll see" Jack said, and waved Kelly to him, to work out a plan. In three minutes a little helicopter arrived at the place. It had a big logo on the sides, which read: CSCH4. A man with a camera was leaning out of the doorframe. They soon passed the little valley, where the house was lying.

" Jack, you will never cease to amaze me" Daniel murmured in front of himself.

" I guess, that the three are awaken now" Wendell said, pointing at the three shapes, which were now moving. " And LCDR Rabb, and Bobby are in position now, sir" he said to Jack, after he stood still behind his back.

" Good. Hey!" he was spinning on his heels, and pulled out his gun.

" Sir, I'm Lt. Bud Roberts, sir."

" How could you pass my men?"

" They have let me in, sir. I'm coming from Admiral Chegwidden. He said, that with the Navy and the Marines is everything alright, if the President should say yes. We have tried to reach you, but you weren't answering. Your General said, that he spoke with the President, but he declined."

" I knew that. Makepeace's demands were too ridiculous. Oh for cryin' out loud!"

" What is it, Jack?"

" He knew, that we would never allow back his comrades, Daniel. He knew that exactly. And that we would never help him to kidnap the Syrian Prince. It's a simple act of revenge."

" Are you sure?"

" Completely sure. Thank you, Lt. Roberts, you can go back."

" Sir, maybe I could help you. I'm good with computers."

" Sir, he could stay here, while we are attacking the house" Wendell suggested. " He could stay in contact with all of us, and warn us."

" Okay" Jack nodded. " You can stay. Lt. McCray will explain you everything."

" Thank you, sir" Bud nodded, and eagerly sat down next to Wendell.

" Damn! Webb had another transmitter" Jack grinned at Daniel, after seeing a bug falling down of his jacket.

" Or Mr Ferrrari was a very good pupil of Mr Webb. Should we search for more, Jack?" Daniel asked.

" Nope" he shook his head. " We have more important things to do. But, Lt McCray, you will better check out the Jeep, before handing it back." After Harm and Bobby were back, Jack outlined the plan.

" Okay, Daniel and Lt. Roberts, you will stay here!" Harm's intuitions seemed to turn out to be right. This Lt. Dr Daniel Jackson was not in the military. He decided to keep this information for himself, what good would it bring anyway? They had surely their grounds, why he was here.

" Teal'c, Major Bond, Lt Conaway and Corporal Newton, you are coming from their sixes. LCDR Rabb, Lt Griffin and Sgt Williams, you are coming with me. Lt. Colonel Kelly, Cpt Adams and Lt. McCray, you are…"

" I'd like to go, too" Daniel said.

" No, Daniel" Jack shook his head.

" Yes, Jack!" he said with a stern look in his eyes. Now Harm could understand, what he meant with annoying the hell out of Jack.

" There you go again! I told you…"

" Jack" he pleaded.

" Okay" he gave in with a sigh. " You are with Lt.Colonel Kelly. Is it right for you, Lt. Colonel?"

" I don't mind, I can always use a plus man."

" Okay, you are coming from three. Lt. Roberts, you will help to coordinate our movements. Are you sure, you can do this alone?"

" Yes, sir" Bud nodded seriously.

" Good. Okay, campers!" Jack said, and looked around. It was getting darker, but he could still see the determination in the eyes. Daniel knew, that now follows one of Jack's cheering up speeches. " We are gonna free our lovely ladies, and return them safe and sound to their Generals…and Admirals" he looked at Harm grinning. Everybody was grinning, but then smiles faded from the faces, and they have prepared themselves for the fight. They were approaching the house from three directions. Teal'c's team arrived first. Major Bond and one of his boys, Corp Newton, were taking out the first two bandits, by shooting them in the shoulders, and in the legs. With that two were left on the roof, and another two around the house. Jack's team, luckily avoiding the two other guards on the ground, climbed upon the roof, and Bobby took one. Unfortunately the other one could alert the others, by crying out Makepeace's rank. Soon he was lying in pain, his left knee, and his right shoulder were the victims of Jack's and Harm's bullets. Meanwhile Teal'c and Major Bond had managed to take the other two bandits captive, and now they were guarding the house. Kelly's team was still waiting for the signal of Jack, which was the sign that the three women were in safety. From the skylight Jack and his team could climb into the house. They heard Makepeace yelling out orders, and were successful at avoiding the three closest co-worker of the ex-Colonel. The two guards were still standing in front of the women's cell. Jack and Bobby were coming from their right, Harm and Sgt Williams from their left. With an evil cry they attacked the two man, and soon they were lying at the feet of Sgt Williams, all tied up.

" You have a go, Lt.Colonel" he said in the radio, while he was waiting for Bobby to unlock the door. " You are one talented young man, Lt. Griffin."

" I had a misspent youth, sir" he grinned up at him. " There it is" he opened the door. The three women were dashing out of the room, and soon Sam was in the warm embrace of Jack, and Mac was embracing Harm fiercely. Annalisa looked around, but found nobody to embrace. She finally noticed Bobby, gave him a brief hug, and hurried away to find her AJ.

" Hey, where is she going?" Jack asked. " The house isn't safe yet."

" Let her go. She can handle this alone" Sam said smiling at him. Jack has found the embrace extremely nice, and was all glad to see Sam again, but he had to see after his team. He reluctantly let off of Sam, and took his gun again. Sam was looking after him sadly. Meanwhile Annalisa was running down the steps, which led to the kitchen. She found there Colonel Makepeace, a gun in his hands. With one perfect placed kick, she made throw away the gun of the still amazed ex-Colonel, and with another one she sent him to the floor. She lifted up his gun, and searched for other weapons in his boots, as Kelly and his team arrived in the kitchen. She let out a sigh, as she saw AJ. He seemed to be okay, but his left eye was full of blood. She hurried to Kelly, and saluted him, presenting Makepeace on the floor. Kelly gave her an appreciative smile, and with a glance he sent her to AJ.




Epilogue




" Webb" he said, after he had lifted up his phone.

" Admiral Chegwidden here. What do you know about my best two officers?"

" They are safe and sound, Admiral. No need to worry, they will return home tomorrow."

" Tomorrow? What are they doing there in the middle of the desert?"

" Resting, mostly." Admiral Chegwidden couldn't believe his own ears, CIA Agent Clayton Webb let out a chuckle. But he needed no more hint what his two officers were doing 'not mostly'.

" Who was that?" she asked.

" Nobody" Webb turned back to her breakfast guest. " Hi, sweetheart."

" Hi" Barbara smiled at him graciously. " What are these?" she pointed at the desk, where seven slightly damaged transmitters were lying.




**********




" You know, I really hated the idea, that we should just sit there, and wait for you to show up. And it took you surely enough time."

" It's his fault."

" Whose fault?"

" Colonel O'Neills. He didn't remembered your message exactly."

" Really? You were there because of me mentioning the Martin Baker Fan Club?"

" Yes, Sarah" he leaned closer, in an attempt to kiss her. But she pulled herself out of his embrace.

" No, Harm. You cannot await from me to forgive you, because you have the most beautiful eyes in the world."

" Forgive me?"

" Yes, if you shouldn't remember I still didn't forgive you for leaving JAG."

" Sarah, it was a long time ago…"

" I was in love with you! And you were simply walking out of my life!" Mac yelled at him. Tears were welling up in her eyes, but she forced them back.

" Sarah, please, forgive me. I was such an idiot."

" Sure you were. And your behaviour towards Mic…"

" Mic is a pain in the neck, Sarah. I can't stand him."

" Why not?"

" I dunno, guess I'm jealous."

" How could you be jealous?"

" Because I love you."




******




" Hi" AJ greeted Annalisa, as she stepped into the living room, after a shower. She seemed to be tired, but those smile in her eyes indicated a long night.

" Hi" she nodded back, and took seat next to him on the sofa.

" How are you?"

" Fine. I'm a bit tired, you know, but I'll be fine. And how are you?" she pointed to his face.

" It's only a scar, it will even disappear. I love you" finally he managed to tell her.

" No, you are just saying this, because you was scared, that you could lose me."

" Yes, I was. And no, I'm not saying this because of that. I realised it a long ago, I only didn't have the courage to confess my feelings for you. I really do love you, Annalisa" he whispered.

" I love you, too" she whispered back, and leaned closer to kiss him.




*********




" Daniel! What are you doing here? I thought the general gave you downtime."

" Yes, he did. But I have to tell you something."

" And that were?"

" I love you" he simply said.

" Daniel?" unsurely she asked back.

" I love you, Janet."

" God, I have waited for this moment for so long, and I still don't know, what to stay." Daniel's face darkened, and seeing this, Janet stepped closer, and put her arms around his neck. She pulled his head down, and kissed him passionately.

" I love you, too."




*********




Sam was at home alone. She went home alone, and she was still all alone. She was crying silent tears, and was deep in self-pity. As her tears subsided, with a determination in her eyes, she stood up, and got dressed. While putting a new bandage around her wrist, she called a taxi. After ten minutes she arrived at a family house. She went up the stairs, and knocked on the door. She heard a muffled voice, from inside. She was in fury. ' I have got red eyes, and he is even able to sleep!'

" Who is it?" came the question.

" It's me, Sam" she said, calmed down.

" Sam?" he opened the door with a pull. He was not sleeping, he was trying to get drunk. He had got a whiskey bottle in his hands, and with the bottle he invited Sam in. Sam looked around, and saw, that Jack had already two beers, before going over to the whiskey.

" How much did you drink already?"

" Enough" he said.

" Enough for what?"

" To be able to forget."

" Jack" she sighed. " Why are you doing this?"

" Because you and me, we cannot be together."

" We can" Sam smiled at him.

" We can?" he asked back surprised, and suddenly, he didn't seem to be all that drunk. Maybe he was playing with her?

" You were waiting for me, right?" Sam looked at him suspiciously.

" Yes" Jack confessed, and he was sober again.

" Good, because I would have really hated to do this, while you are so drunk, that you cannot remember" she said, and pulled him closer. She kissed him passionately. After the kiss, she walked into his living room, and sat down on the sofa.

" What do you mean, will General Hammond give us away to the prosecutors?"

" We have friends in JAG, Sam. They can surely defend us."



End Notes: © Major Joanna O'Neill SG-6 - Search/Rescue