samandjack.net

Story Notes: Email: levi@uswest.net

Rating: PG-13, I guess. Some mild language.

Classification: Humor, I think

Spoilers: None

Archive: SamandJack, everyone else, please ask first.

Summary: A routine Friday night is anything but.

Disclaimer: Stargate SG1 and its characters are the property of Stargate Productions, Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. No infringement of copyright intended. This story is for entertainment purposes only, and no money exchanged hands.

Author's note: This is my first ever fanfic. I am little nervous about posting, so please be nice. Kudos and constructive criticism are welcomed, flames are not.


SG-1 was sitting around in their office, bored. They were just given 3 days down time, and were trying to figure out what to do. "Well, what do you want to do, Daniel?" asked Jack. "And what about you Sam?"

Sam sighed. "Just grocery shopping. My favorite. It's been about a month since I last went."

Teal'c tilted his head, and Jack grimaced. "That can't be good for you, Sam."

Sam laughed, "Thanks for your concern."

Daniel who was sitting quietly while his friends bantered back and forth spoke up. "I have an idea."

"I almost forgot you were here, Daniel." Jack joked.

Daniel just smiled and continued. "Well, there is this new bar and grill that opened up, and I thought we could go out and relax."

Jack looked at Daniel. "Are you sure Daniel, this doesn't sound like a place you would like to go? I don't think that it will be much fun..."

Sam looked at Jack. "Ah, don't be such a sourpuss. We'll have a great time."

Daniel looked right back at Jack and sighed. "Well, you are always saying that I should try something new, and I thought this would be a good idea."

Sam turned back to Daniel. "It sounds good, Daniel. I could really use a break."

The last few days have been hard for SG-1. The missions to the last 3 planets that they had 'gated to were hard. One of the planets had harsh weather changes. The other 2 had unfriendly locals who told them in no uncertain terms that they weren't wanted.

Teal'c looked at all of them before setting his gaze on Daniel. "I believe that this is a good idea DanielJackson, although I am unsure as to what a bar and grill is." They all laughed.

Since Sam's car was in the shop, Daniel said that he would drive. He will first pick up Teal'c, then Jack and then head over to Sam's. They settled on the time and then got up to go home. As they were leaving the office, Daniel noticed that Jack wasn't following them. "Jack, are you coming?"

"In a minute, Daniel. There is something that I need to get done first. I'll see you later."

Daniel shrugged his shoulders and ran to catch up with the others. Jack watched as Daniel left and leaned back in his chair. 'This would be a good time to talk to Sam,' he thought. 'I have to tell her how I feel before I lose my nerve, a couple of drinks should help with that, although I'm not sure if taking Teal'c to a bar is a good idea.' Jack and Sam have been getting close in the last few weeks, and Jack was hoping that they could take their relationship to the next level. He sighed, picked up his jacket and headed home.



~*~



Two hours later, Sam was almost to her front door when she heard her phone ringing. Taking the last few steps by twos, she managed to get to her door and get her key in the lock in one shot. Dropping the bags of food she managed to answer the phone before the caller hung up.

"Hello? Oh, hi Mrs. Williams." Mrs. Williams was a widowed woman who lived next door. Sam occasionally would run errands for her. "Is there something I can help you with?"

"I was wondering, dear, if you have any sugar? I want to make cookies and plum ran out."

Sam laughed, looking over at the bags of groceries dumped on her floor. "I'm sure I do, Mrs. Williams. I'll have it ready for you when you want to come and get it. Good-bye." Sam hung up the phone, and as she turned to go into her bedroom, she saw her groceries. 'Well, I'll put the cold stuff up, and worry about the rest later.'

Heading into her bedroom, she glanced at the clock. It said five -thirty. "Good. The guys are coming here at seven o'clock, which leaves plenty of time to take a shower and get ready.' Grabbing her things, she turned and went into the bathroom.

Thirty minutes later, Sam emerged from the shower. 'I'd better write Mrs. Williams a note, telling her where the sugar is if she comes over to get it when I'm gone.' She headed to kitchen and was writing the note, when she heard the door knock. "Come in!" she yelled.



~*~



Jack, Teal'c and Daniel walked to Sam's front door. Jack was reaching for the knob, to let themselves in, when Daniel stopped him. "Uh, Jack? Don't you think we should knock first?" Jack started to say something back to Daniel, when Teal'c spoke.

"Yes, Colonel O'Neill. We do not want to appear rude."

Jack acquiesced. "Fine. I'll knock." Jack turned back to the door and knocked a few times.

From inside, they heard Sam yell. "Come in!"



They opened the door and walked into the living room. They couldn't believe their eyes. There stood Sam, soaking wet, wearing only a towel. She was leaving over the kitchen table, writing on some paper. They stood there, too surprised to say anything.

Without turning around Sam said, "It's on the table Mrs. Williams."

Finally Jack spoke. "Who's Mrs. Williams?"

Startled, Sam spun around so fast, she almost lost her towel. Grabbing tightly onto the towel, to keep it from slipping off any more, she stared at them in shock. She couldn't believe her eyes. "What the hell are you guys doing here? You aren't supposed to be here for another hour!" Here stood Daniel, Teal'c and Jack, gaping at her as if they had never seen an almost-naked woman before. It's not as if Sam was instantly modest, after all, her team has seen her with less clothing on in worse situations. 'But, this is different.' Sam thought as she stood staring at them, waiting for an answer.

Standing, with gaping mouths, it was a 'long minute' before anyone could respond. Daniel finally got the nerve to speak, and replied. "Well, Sam, we planned on picking you up at six o'clock."

"Well, no, "Sam said, 'from what I remember, you, yourself, Daniel, said seven o'clock." The guys were still standing, staring at her. 'Just great,' she gripped to herself. "Well whatever. You can get some beer out of the kitchen if you want. I'll be ready as soon as I can." With that, she turned and went to her bedroom to get changed.

Sam slammed her door shut and sat on the bed. 'Great,' she sighed. She got up and got ready as quick as she could. Throwing on some jeans and a t-shirt, she quickly dried her hair, and put a little make-up on. Looking in the mirror she sighed. She was hoping she would have had enough time to find something else to wear. She wanted to make a good impression for Jack. They have been getting a little closer these last few weeks, and was hoping that tonight would have been a good time to further their relationship.



~*~



Jack, Teal'c and Daniel watched as Sam walked down her hall. When they heard the door slam shut, they breathed a collective sigh of relief. Jack looked at Daniel and Teal'c. They had the same, stunned look on their faces, he was sure he had on his own. Daniel walked into the kitchen, brought beers back for all of them, without saying a word. Daniel handed a beer to Jack, and went to give Teal'c one, who refused, that he would prefer water. Daniel went back into the kitchen and got Teal'c a glass.

Teal'c was the first to speak. "I do believe that Captain Carter is upset."

"Ya think?' Jack replied, taking a long drink from his beer.

Teal'c tilted his head and took another sip of his water.

"What do we do now, Jack?" Daniel, not one to drink much, nearly finished his beer in one gulp. He was still a little embarrassed with what had happened.

Jack thought for a moment, then declared. "Well, we'll just act like it never happened."

Daniel and Teal'c agreed and they all sat there and finished their drinks, waiting for Sam.



~*~



Sam walked out of her room twenty minutes later. "Ready?"

They all stood up, in unison, when they heard her speak.

"Yeah, uh, we're ready." Daniel said.

"Okay then, let's go." She had to stifle a laugh. They looked much more uncomfortable than she felt.

Daniel was the first out the door, followed by Teal'c. Sam was following them, when Jack grabbed her arm, stopping her. "Wait, Sam."

She turned to look at him. "Yes?"

"I'm really sorry about what happened. I should have said something when we were walking in."

Sam had to smile at Jack. It was hard for him to apologize, and she could tell he was nervous. "That's okay. You will just have to make it up to me." She had a twinkle in her eyes.

Jack thought for a brief moment. He leaned in, to kiss her before she could stop him, and before he lost his nerve. He was pleased when Sam didn't pull away. Although the kiss was short, it electrified both of them. Jack stepped back and looked at Sam. "That good enough?" He said.

Sam looked at him a long time without saying anything, that Jack was beginning to get uncomfortable. She smiled slowly. "For starters, but you know, you will have to do better than that." Jack hoped that he heard correctly, but before he could say anything else, Sam was kissing him.

Daniel and Teal'c were waiting in the car. "What's keeping them," he asked Teal'c. He started walking up to Sam's apartment, when he saw them coming towards him. They both had little, strange smiles on their face. "Everything okay?" he asked.

"You know, Daniel," Jack said, slapping his friend on the back. "This could be fun after all."



The end.