samandjack.net

Story Notes: Email: dgose@mmcable.com

Status: complete

Category: S/J Spoilers: spoilers for Solitudes, There But For the Grace of God(season 1); Point of View (season 3)

Season/Sequel info: Season 4

Archive: Heliopolis, SJA - yes, SG1Fans, all others please ask first.

Author's Notes: This was inspired after seeing a screen capture from Small Victories (season 4) of Jack smiling at Sam when she was turning down his gracious offer, again. (Silly Woman!) So I hope you enjoy it. It's written as if we're hearing Sam's inner voice speaking to Jack. Jack, of course, can't hear any of this and there is a conversation going on but only the inner voice can be heard in this story. Feedback always appreciated!


Don't give me that smile sir. Please don't do it. I'm begging you not do it. You don't have any idea how hard it is for me to keep from kissing you when you give me that smile. Why do you think I sit next to you at the briefing table? It's not just because I like to be next to you. I do it mainly so I don't see when you smile.

You see, I have this thing for your smile. It makes my knees go weak and goosebumps pop up on my flesh. I start imagining what it would be like to be in your arms and see that smile and then kiss it off of your lips as we…of dear, I've gone over the edge.

I've lost it. Gone bonkers, bananas, goo goo for you sir. Can't you see how much I love your smile and how it makes me feel? I know you're going to smile. I know you're getting ready to do it. You wanna know how I know? Because I'm not looking up at you. You don't give me that smile unless I'm acting a little shy around you. You will crack a joke to lighten the mood and when I look up at you, that's when you'll give me that smile that will cause my heart to flood with joy and every nerve in my body to tingle. Can I confess a secret to you sir? You know that time when we were stuck in that ice cave and it was just you and me and we couldn't get off the ice planet and we later learned that it was Antarctica? Remember how you woke up and found me snuggled up to you and I had to move cause you couldn't breathe? I know you were in pain and we were in danger of dying but if we had died that day, I would have died happy. Why? Simple. Because I would have died in the arms of the first man that my soul was happy touching.

It's like every time I touch you, some part of me feels complete, whole - on some level that I can't even comprehend. There's a part of me that just feels like a piece that I've been missing has finally been found and put in place when we touch. Even if it's just checking each other pulses to make sure that we're not dead or just the brief touch of handing you a cup of coffee or a file. I find myself trying to sit a little closer to you or find some reason to stay around you longer. You call me the miracle worker but truth be told, it's because of you that I'm able to accomplish what I have. The thing that I don't understand is, in all of those alternate realities that we've seen so far, in those we are together and Earth falls to the Goa'uld. Now I know that those worlds don't have Daniel and maybe that's the key but I can't disregard that feeling of doom that comes when I think what will happen if we get together.

I know I'm probably just paranoid but can you understand now why I don't want to see that smile? Why you must try to not give THAT smile? Why you must refrain from giving me that….NO!! Damn it!! I looked up and you smiled at me. Why did you do that? I asked you not to do that? Couldn't you read my body language? No…please sir…don't do it again. Too late, you smiled at me again. Well, I can feel my heart beating faster now. My hands are clammy now and here come the goosebumps. I can feel my cheeks getting warm, I must be blushing. I gotta get him out of here and fast. Think Sam, think of a way to get him out of here. Lab work…naquada reactor…yes. Oh thank goodness it worked. He's gone now. Man, I wish my soul didn't feel like it's dying every time he leaves the room.




The End.