samandjack.net

Story Notes: Required Reading: None

Rating: General

Disclaimer: They're not mine, they belong to MGM, Double Secret and

Gekko. I'm making no money off this etc., etc.

Archive: Sam and Jack, Heliopolis please

e mail: elisemarie@cwcom.net

Category: Humour, Sam and Jack relationship.


Jack was sat outside General Hammond's office waiting to go in. He had no idea why he was here. But he did not care. All he knew was that he loved Samantha Carter.

"General," Jack said.

"Yes, son." Hammond replied.

"I'd like to ask for Major Carter's hand in marriage."



*****



Hammond could not believe what he was hearing. In front of him was his second in command. His Colonel, the person in control of the entire Stargate project if anything ever happened to himself. "Pardon me?"

"I asked for Major Carter's hand in marriage. I'd like to know if I had your blessing."

"My blessing? Colonel O'Neill, do you know what you just said?"

"Yes, sir."

"First of all, why are you asking me? I'm not her father and secondly, does she know about this?"

"No, sir, she doesn't. And I'm asking you, sir, because her father is off world and if I had asked to see him you would have wanted to know why."

There was something oddly calm about the Colonel's voice and it gave Hammond the creeps. He stumbled about for something to say. What should he say? Say yes, that they had his blessing to get married, but that would mean splitting up his best team. He still couldn't get hold of the situation.

"This is some sort of joke, isn't it?" Hammond asked.

"No, sir. Do we have your blessing? Can I go and tell her?"

"Colonel O'Neill, are you sure you're okay? I think we should have Doctor Frasier check you over." He reached for the phone and dialled up the doctor.

"For crying out loud, General I'm fine, I just want to marry Sam. Is it to much to ask?"

Hammond looked at him sceptically and then spoke into the phone.



*****



Janet had finished examining her 'patient' and he was fine. "All scans are clear. They are no infections, possessions or other alien influence on him. He's fine."

Hammond turned to O'Neill, "Colonel, do you remember why you came to see me?"

"Of course I do, General. I want to marry Major Carter and I want your permission. Do I have it General, sir?"

Hammond turned to Janet, "And you say he's fine?"

Janet nodded. "What's wrong with him wanting him to marry the woman he loves?"

Hammond looked shocked at this. "When did love come into play?"

"I love Sam and want to marry her. Sir, you're the only thing standing in my way." Jack's tone turned threatening.

"It's been obvious for ages that the pair of them have deeper feelings for one another, sir." Janet explained. "It just took them a long time to realise it."

"Has everyone gone mad? You cannot seriously want to marry...."

"Sam!" Janet said loudly to cut the General off.

Hammond turned and saw the Major stood in the doorway.

"Who wants to marry whom?" She walked closer.

Jack jumped off of the bed and quickly got down on one knee. "Samantha Carter, will you do me the honour of being my wife?"

Sam raised a hand to her mouth but her large smile was obvious. "Jack! I...I...I don't know what to say."

"Say yes, if you want to."

Without taking their eyes off each other Jack stood up so he could look Sam in the eye.

"Sam?" Jack prompted.

"Yes," she replied.

"Will you marry me?"

Sam smiled. "I just gave you the answer, Jack. Yes, I will."

He scooped her up in the biggest hug ever and then kissed her gently.

"What about seeking my blessing?" Hammond said, utterly confused.

"You took to long, sir." Janet said.

Sam turned to Jack. "You asked for the General's blessing?" He smiled sheepishly. "That is so sweet." She kissed him again.

"Are you sure neither of them are ill?" Hammond asked.

Janet nodded, "Unless love is an illness."



*****



"General? General? Time to wake up. Come on, General."

He opened his eyes and saw Doctor Frasier's face above him.

"That's a good boy. Do you think you can sit up?"

He tried and just about managed it but he had an awful headache. "What happened?"

"You fainted, sir, but on your descent to the floor you caught your head on your desk."

He looked around and saw Colonel O'Neill stood in front of him. Colonel O'Neill, Major Carter, engaged. Images flashed through his mind causing his head to ache even more.

"Why did I faint?"

"I asked you a question, sir." O'Neill said rocking forward slightly, his hands in his trouser pockets.

"What?" Hammond asked slowly dreading the answer. "No don't tell me. If you really want to marry Major Carter, go ahead."

"Sir?" Both Janet and Jack said.

Hammond looked up to see the most shocked looks on their faces.

"That's not what you asked me is it?"

"No, sir. I didn't."

"Forgive me. I just got banged on the head."

"Understandable, sir, but where did you get the image of Carter and I?"

"From somewhere deep in my brain." Hammond mumbled as Janet helped him to stand. "What was your question then?"

"Well, sir, you weren't far off the mark."

Hammond turned to see Jack with his arm wrapped round Janet. He felt like fainting again.



*****
The end.