samandjack.net

Story Notes: Email: nev_files@hotmail.com

Synopsis: Sam and Jack are summoned to the General's office...

Warnings: S/J friendship/a bit closer than that

Status: complete

Archive: heliopolis(if they want), s/j archive

Content: Humour, and a very mild sexual reference, Challenge response


Jack turned the corner on his way to General Hammond's office. As he did so, he bumped into Major Carter. Catching her before she fell over, he exclaimed in surprise, "What the...! Sorry about that Carter." He brushed some lint off her shoulder as she straightened her uniform.

Looking up at him, she said, "Where are you off to in such a hurry sir?"

A frown creases his face as he responded, "The General wanted to see me... I don't know why."

Sam began to look worried. Seeing the quizzical look on jack's face, she explained. "Well, he sent for me too..."

A half-forgotten memory kicked Jack's attention. He flinched a little guiltily as he said "Do you think it has anything to do with that party we went to the other night?"

Sam blushed a bit as she replied, "Do you think he knows that we..."

Jack looked around, putting his finger over her lips. "Nah, the other one..."

Sam chuckled as she remembered the General's car, covered in toothpaste and toilet paper.

Jack grinned as well, before saying, "I wonder how he found out?"

They started walking towards the General's office when Sam stopped and looked at Jack. "Does this remind you of when you got summoned to the principal's office in school?"

Jack assumed a hurt expression. "Hey! how do you know I got sent to the principal?"

Sam playfully swatted him across the back of the head. "'Cos, Johnathan Charles O'Neill, you were hardly the 'model child'."

Jack's face became even more pained. "And what about you, Madam Carter? Did you ever get sent to the office?"

Sam smiled a bit. "Well, I was sent once, but that was only because I corrected my high school science teacher."

"What happened?"

"He was going on about black holes, and he was making all kinds of mistakes. I told him what he was saying was wrong, and he did the old 'If you know any better, why don't you teach the class miss Carter?' routine. So I did."

"You took over the class?"

"You bet I did, and he was just standing there, going bright red for about ten minutes before he recovered from the shock and sent me to the office."

By now, Jack had had to stop and lean against the wall for support he was laughing so hard. Wiping the tears from the corners of his eyes, he looked at his watch. Still grinning widely, he said, "Come on Professor Carter, we'd better get going or we'll miss the bus..."



*****

The End.

Nevyn