samandjack.net

Story Notes: Belongs solely to the Sam and Jack Relationship Archive, all others please ask.

Sequal: Sequel to "SG-1 Plus Two". What happens after they see themselves in an alternate reality?

All copyright infringements apply. Sg-1, Stargate Command, and the rest of the teams belong to Showtime, MGM, Gekko Films and the rest. They are not ours, we just want to borrow them for a short time and then give them back.

All personal thoughts in bold.


Things had settled down since the twins had been at the Stargate Command three months ago. Everyone had fallen back into his or her same routines, except for the Colonel and Captain. They had gotten closer, everyone knew it was a matter of time until wedding bells sounded, but the two refused to admit it.

"Jack, it's beautiful!" Daniel admired the diamond and emerald engagement ring Jack had.

"Do you really think she will like it Daniel?" His friend looked so unsure about the ring that Doctor Jackson couldn't help but smile.

"She'll love it Jack."

Teal'c walked up to the two men in the mess hall. "What do you have in that box Colonel O'Neill?"

Jack and Daniel looked up at him. "Sit down Teal'c. I want to show you something that I got for Sam, but you can't tell her about it."

"I will keep any secret you tell me." Teal'c stated as he sat down.

"Ok, take a look at this." Jack opened the box again, and Teal'c gasped at the ring. "What do you think, Teal'c?"

"It is very nice, O'Neill. When are you planning to give it to Captain Carter?"

Jack closed the box and put it in his pocket, "I was thinking of giving it to her tomorrow when we get to the planet. I saw the film and it seems like paradise. Does that sound strange?"

"No, Jack, it doesn't. You and Sam spend most of your time in other galaxies and on other planets. You even fell in love because of the Stargate, I think it's fitting for you to ask her there."

Jack smiled at Daniel and Teal'c. "IF she says yes, I want both of you as my best man. None of this would be possible if it hadn't been for you two. You've both become my good friends in a short amount of time. Besides," he said to lighten up the mood, "who else would I ask?"

"I'd love to Jack." Daniel beamed.

Teal'c bowed his head a little. "It would be an honor."

"What would be an honor?" Sam asked as she came to their table with a cup of coffee in her hand.

Daniel coughed, Teal'c put a fixed look on his face and Jack just smiled shyly. "Nothing, Sam, just talking. So, what do you think we'll find on the planet tomorrow? Anything interesting?"

Sam looked at him, wondering what he was hiding. Talk to me Jack, she begged silently. What are you hiding from me? She starred deeply into his eyes. "Probably nothing Colonel. It didn't look like anyone had built on the sight yet" Carter sat down next to Jack. "Pretty nice looking though, Colonel. It would be an excellent place to vacation at. I could handle the gate being broken for about a week. Well, at least it's something to wish for. Though, like my grandmother used to say, 'wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which one you fill first.'"

Teal'c raised an eyebrow. "Interesting saying Captain."

Sam laughed. "I know, I think Jack's been rubbing off on me." She looked at him, I wish he'd rub on me a little more and a lot longer. "My Grandmother had Jack's sense of humor, that's half the reason why I l..." She stopped. Opps! I almost slipped up there.

"That's half the reason you what Captain Carter?" Teal'c asked. Figures he would press the issue. I come with in a hair's breath of slipping and he wants me to repeat it?

Sam took another sip of her coffee. "Oh, nothing, just half the reason that I laugh at his jokes. The other half is the way he looks when he says them." Covered that one up. She thought.

"See you all tomorrow for the field trip. Remember to pack sun block and your bathing suits kiddies." O'Neill stood up. "Want me to walk you to your car, Sam?"

Carter smiled, "All right, that would be great. I have to talk to you anyway." They said good-bye to Teal'c and Daniel and walked out of the mess hall.

Teal'c smiled at Jackson. "Looks like I win the bet and the pot about what time they would get engaged. Not bad for my first time, right Doctor Jackson?"

"It's called 'beginner's luck' Teal'c that's all." He got up and started walking away.

"Doctor Jackson, did I say something wrong?" Teal'c asked following him.



*****



"You wanted to talk to me Captain Carter?" Jack held the elevator door open for Sam and then got in himself.

"Yeah, just wanted to ask you some things about the Azgard. The General wants some more information on them and I am in charge of gathering it."

Jack sighed. That's what she wanted to talk to me about? Sam just gives me a little help here, please. "O---k, I'll tell you whatever you need to know." The evidence of his disappointment was clear in his voice, but Carter didn't notice it.



*****************



"All right SG-1. Load up and be careful." The General said from the control room.

SG-1 stepped through and landed in paradise on the other side of the gate. "Oh my God! This is so beautiful!" Sam whispered in awe.

Jack was staring at her. "Yes," he agreed, "Beautiful."

She turned toward him and smiled. Daniel and Teal'c came up to them. "Do you want us to scout ahead?" He asked, giving Jack the time to propose to Sam.

"That would do just fine Daniel. We'll go to the right. Meet back at the gate in forty-five minutes." They started walking.

Sam looked over at the blue-green water. God this place is something else. The wind blew gently as they walked and the trees swung gracefully. This planet was indeed paradise and Sam and Jack were glad that the Goa'uld hadn't done anything with it.

"Sam, I have to tell you something." Jack started, his voice hesitant. "When I first met you, I didn't want you on my team. Did you know that?" It was a rhetorical question and Sam knew it, so she stayed quiet.

"I thought that a woman would just slow us down and get in the way, but you didn't. There have been a countless number of times when you've saved us. I've come to rely on you being there with the rest of the team. Even in our everyday lives. When you come into a room, you light it up with a smile. I've only ever known one other person like that before I met you and that was Charlie. You've made me remember the good times with him and I will never forget you for that." He paused and kicked some sand.

"You've also made my life better. I have learned how to laugh and enjoy the world thanks to you. In a small amount of time, you have become one of the most important people to me and that's why I want to ask you something." Jack stopped Sam and grabbed onto her left hand while getting down on his knee. "Sam, you are my light and my life. I love you so much that it used to frighten me, but not any more. I can say it now Samantha, will you marry me?"

Samantha Carter was crying, happy tears running down her face. "Oh, Jack! I would love to marry you. Yes! Yes! Yes! A hundred times, yes! I love you too Jack. Forever!" Sam flung herself into his arms and kissed him.

"Sam?" He asked before she kissed him again. "Sam, I want to give you the ring." Jack said between knee quaking kisses.

"OH! Sorry Jack." Her blue eyes were alight with happiness and love.

O'Neill pushed the ring on her finger. "Jack!" She squealed. "This is beautiful! Oh thank you! I love it and I love you!" She cried and started kissing him once again.

They came walking back to the gate holding hands. Looks like everything went well, Daniel thought. Teal'c smiled, I'm glad they are together.



*****



A month later…



"When I mentioned them getting married in front of the Stargate, I was only joking." Daniel said as he tried to fix his bow tie for the fifth time.

"Well, Doctor Jackson, you did say that you thought it was a good idea for O'Neill to ask Carter to marry him on planet P3X275. Why are you surprised about them choosing the Stargate room to get married at?" Teal'c adjusted his bow tie. "Do you need help?" He asked.

Jack came back into the room. "Everyone ready?" He smoothed his uniform down. "I hope this goes will. I have a surprise for Samantha after the wedding." He smiled, a wicked gleam entering his eye.



*****



Colonel O'Neill stood by the ramp with Teal'c and Daniel beside him. He turned to see Janet Fraiser come down the isle in an off the shoulder, mid-calf length dress the color of maroon. A wreath of flowers sat on top of her head.

The wedding march started to play and the audience stood up. General Hammond was walking Samantha Carter down the isle. She was wearing a long flowing white gown that went to the floor. It was a tight fitting bodice and the dress flared out when it reached her hips. Her hair, which had grown long after the twins had left, was up with little tendrils coming out here and there. She wore a veil held on her head with a wreath of roses dyed the same color as Janet's dress.

Jack thought he had never seen anything so beautiful in his life and he had tears in his eyes when the General put Sam's hand in his. O'Neill mouthed to Carter that she looked breath taking and he loved her. She had a stray tear run down her left cheek when the minister started. "Dearly beloved..."

Samantha O'Neill threw her bouquet and to everyone's surprise, Teal'c caught it! "What does this symbolized again Doctor Jackson?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.

Daniel laughed, "I'll tell you later Teal'c." They watched the newly married couple walk up the ramp.

"Close your eyes Sam. I have a little surprise for you." Jack whispered into her ear before he hauled her up into his arms.

On the other side of the gate, Sam gasped. A small make shift house had been made about sixty yards from the gate. There was a deck and chairs sat up around a camp area and a fire pit had been dug. Sam walked into the house and saw plates, cups, dishes, and all types of cooking utensils around. She smiled when she spotted her bags in the corner next to Jack's and a very large, comfortable looking bed. She walked out and saw Jack had a piece of the DHD device in his hand.

"Opps," he said with mock innocence. "It looks like the gate's been broken for about two weeks. Think we can handle it?" Sam grinned at him and started walking in his direction.

"Oh, I think we can manage it." After she said that, there was not another word spoken for quiet a while.



*****



Around three months later…



"This gate travel is starting to catch up with me, Janet." Sam said as she sat on an examining table in the infirmary.

Doctor Fraiser walked over to her now green complexioned friend, "Here you go," she handed her a bucket.

"Gee, thanks." Captain O'Neill managed before she lost her breakfast in it.

"Sam, has it ever occurred to you that you might be expecting?"

Sam raised her head and looked into Janet's eyes. "Not really, but if I am, Jack is in so much trouble. I won..." Sam didn't get time to finish her sentence, she had to grab her bucket quickly.

"I'll do a test while you go to the de-briefing room." She took the sample of the Captain's blood and walked into the lab.

"Yeah, easy for you to say." She muttered and walked to see SG-1 and Hammond.



*****



"Ok," the General said, "let's get going. What did you find on planet P3X582?"

Jack shrugged and Daniel looked disappointed, "Nothing General, absolutely nothing."

Hammond looked at the rest of the team and they nodded in agreement. They have all been handling this well. I thought that I would have to break them up because of the marriage, but not them, if anything, this has improved their team.

"Well, Dr. Jackson, I'm sorry you couldn't find anything, but maybe you'll have better luck on..."

Doctor Fraiser came rushing in. "General! I have something for Captain O'Neill. I need to give it to her right away." She walked to Sam and handed her a slip of paper.

"What?!" She bellowed out. "I'm pregnant!"

Everyone went silent and looked at Jack, who had his mouth hanging open. "You're pregnant? How the HELL did that happen?" He asked her.

Janet was the first to speak. "It happened the way it normally does SIR. Oh, by-the-way," she said, turning around, "Congratulations you two." She winked and left.

Daniel and Teal'c hugged Sam, "Congratulations!" They said.

Teal'c looked at Sam, "Do you think it will be twins?"

She frowned for a moment. "It better not be."

Jack came out of his shock and grabbed his wife. "I'm so proud of you! I love you Samantha O'Neill!"

"I love you too Jack. I'm so happy."

The General came over to them. "I wish you every happiness. Congratulations!"

************************



The next six months went in a blur. Doctor Fraiser said that she thought gate travel was harmless to the baby and, after arguing with Jack and the General, Sam had kept going on missions.

When they would get done, Sam had to get checked out as part of the 'I still get to work deal,' she made with her husband and Hammond. Captain Sam O'Neill walked on air. Every day she could feel the life growing in her. Jack was so sweet to her too. No matter what she wanted, he got it for her. He rubbed her feet and back when they hurt and he looked at her with love in his eyes even when she complained she was fat.

Teal'c and Daniel helped out as well. The two of them along with Jack painted the nursery and sat everything up. Since they had fixed up one of the old storage rooms into a day-care for Danny and Teally at Command, the General had agreed to let the baby stay there.

Everyone was so nice to Captain O'Neill that she would start to cry just out of the blue. Teal'c didn't understand why and, even though Daniel and Jack explained to him about mood swings hormones, he still steered clear of Sam when she was in one of her 'moods.'

If anything, Sam looked more beautiful pregnant. Other officers often commented on it and Sam would just say it was because she was happy. She told Jack it was because she got to take a part of him with her no matter where she went. Jack just beamed at that.

"Ok, baby, let's get something to eat." She patted her huge stomach and started walking to the mess hall. "So, what do you feel like having, mmm? Mash potatoes and ketchup? Or how about a peanut butter and cheese sandwich?" Sam was mauling over what to have when she felt a pain and warm water run down her legs.

"I-I guessssss that's a n-no." She gasped out and clutched her stomach. "You weren't supposed to come until later! Janet said that on a first pregnancy, women don’t normally go into labor until after their due date! At least a couple of days later!"

Daniel came walking by Captain O'Neill, "Hello Sam, how's it going? Geez!" He said almost slipping, "I wonder who spilled that water? You know, the decent thing to do would be to clean it up after they spill it!"

"Daniel," Sam said out of breath, "It's me, my water broke."

Daniel Jackson shook his head. "That's why you should drink out of plastic bottles Sam, I tell you that all the time, they don… What?! Your water broke? Oh, my God! Let's get you to the infirmary." He put her arm around his shoulders and they started walking back to the infirmary. "Doctor Fraiser?! Jaannnnnnnnnnneeeeeeettttt!!" Doctor Jackson yelled. "We need help, now!!!"

Janet came rushing out. "Sam, what's wrong?"

"Janet, my water just broke. Somebody find Jack please." She begged as they helped her onto a bed. "Doctor Fraiser, can I have a word with you please?"

Janet came over, "Sure Sam."

Captain O'Neill grabbed her by the shirt, "I thought you said that I still had a few days! 'Don't worry Sam, babies never arrive on their due dates!' Well, guess what! This baby is coming!" She screamed.

Janet got out of her grip, "Don't panic, this will go just fine."



*****



Things going just fine…



"Jack's where? What are you saying Daniel? Jack's off the planet?" Sam was sweating and so was Daniel.

He didn't like telling this to her in her delicate condition. "I'm so sorry Sam, but a member of SG-3 got ill, so Jack decided he would help."

Sam started to cry, "he's not going to be here when the baby is born. Daniel, he won't be here!" She sobbed louder.

Daniel looked at Janet, then the Captain. "Don't worry Sam, Teal'c and I will go get him. He'll be back in time, I promise." He rushed out to find Teal'c.



***********************************



On the other side of the gate, Daniel and Teal'c searched for O'Neill frantically. They heard some gunfire and headed in that direction. SG-3 was firing at some people across the small divide.

"Danny boy, Teal'c what are you doing here?" Jack yelled at them between firing.

Teal'c and Doctor Jackson looked at each other. "Jack," Daniel said hesitantly, "Sam's gone into labor and she wants you there."

The Colonel palled. "What? I thought she wouldn't have it until later! Oh, no! I can't leave until this is taken care of first." He shot a glance at the small battle.

"Do not worry, O'Neill. It will be taken care of." Teal'c said and held good to his word. Within fifteen minutes, they had gotten everything under control.

"You guys take care of the rest, I have to get back, my wife's having our baby." He stated with pride.

"Congratulations Colonel and same to your wife."



*********************************************



Jack ran to the infirmary. He could hear someone yelling, but couldn't make out who it was until he got to the door. "I'm going to kill Jack! When Daniel and Teal'c find him, and bring him back, he will wish he had never been born!" Sam sounded so sincere, that Jack took a step back.

"Maybe I'll wait outside like other fathers do." He took another step back and ran into Teal'c and Doctor Jackson.

"Come on Jack." They said, grabbing him.

"Jack, oh Jack, I'm so glad you're here! I was so worried that you wouldn't make it back in time." She kissed him all over the face and pulled him closer to her. "I love you."

O'Neill looked at his wife. "I love you too Samantha! I'm so sorry for not being here. If I…" The Colonel was cut off by Sam's scream of pain.

He shot Doctor Fraiser a helpless glance. "Help her Janet! Boil some water, get some sheets. No, wait, I'll get the water! No, you better get the water, I should sta…"

"Colonel! Get a hold of yourself! You've been through this before, right?" Janet shook him slightly.

"No, Charlie was born when I was gone. I've never been in this kind of situation before. She's in so much pain." He gazed at his wife.

"This should go very smoothly Colonel. Captain O'Neill is in fine shape."



*******************************



"Jack, I hate you! Go to HELL! Get away from me." She yelled at him as another pain ripped through her body. When her husband started to back up, she cried, "I'm so sorry, honey. I didn't mean it!"

"Ok Captain O'Neill! Just one more push! That's it, then you will have a new baby." Janet said.

It came a little muffled through the mask she wore as did all the rest of the people in the medical room. Even the General was there and Sam was sure she was going to have to apologize for her crude language to her commanding officer.

Jack looked miserable, "Sam, I swear I will never do this to you again! I won't even sleep in the same house with you."

Doctor Fraiser told Sam to push again. She pushed one more time and a tiny cry was heard. "Congratulations Colonel and Captain O'Neill, you have a healthy baby boy."

Sam and Jack both started to cry at the exact time.

"Oh, he's adorable, Jack." The Captain said as the held the baby with her husband siting next to her on the bed. Everyone left to give the new parents some time with their son. "Let's name him Jonathan Daniel, ok Jack?" Sam whispered in his ear.

Jack tried it out, "Jonathan Daniel O'Neill. Mmm, I like that." He kissed his son, then his wife.

"We'll name the next one after Teal'c." She whispered into his ear. Jack looked at her with disbelieve in his eyes.

"No Sam, never again. I won't ever touch you that way again." Sam laughed.



*****



A few years later…



"Jack, I have something to tell you." Sam said as she looked at Jonathan playing with Teal'c and Daniel in the park. His blue eyes were alight with happiness and his dark blond hair fell on his forehead occasionally. He was two and a half years old and the apple of everyone's eye at the SGC.

"What is it Samantha, my love?" Jack's attention was on his son. Sam was so proud of her husband. He was a good father and an excellent spouse.

"Remember the test Janet did?" Sam waved a hand in front of his face.

"Yes," he said absently. "Well, it came out positive."

Jack starred into space blankly for a few seconds. "What? You're pregnant again?" He was stunned.

Sam shook her head in a 'yes'.

Jack kissed her deeply, "I'm glad."

The baby turned out to be a girl whom they named Teal Katherine O'Neill.



*****

The end

All comments to tracys4@olynet.com No flames please!