samandjack.net

Story Notes: EMAIL: keldred@telstra.easymail.com.au

SEASON/SEQUEL: Sequel to Pepsi's 'Questions'.

CONTENT WARNINGS: Romantic smultz. But it was kind of necessary... *g*

ARCHIVE: Sam and Jack, Heliopolis, my site (The Infirmary), probably 'The Wormhole' (Pepsi's site); all others ask first. You are welcome to have it, though.


"I just want you to know that this is one of the bravest things I think I've ever done," he said. He then went down on one knee, ignoring the snow, and took out a ring box. He opened it, took another deep breath and asked, "Will you marry me?"



~~~



And now, the conclusion...



~~~



Sam blinked. She felt her mouth drop in shock. She looked down at the small but perfect ring displayed in the blue velvet box, her lower lip trembling. "Jack... I... I..." She looked at him and saw disappointment flood his face. He looked away, staring at the snow beneath his knees. "You don't want to marry me," he said quietly. "No! No..." Sam dropped to her knees in front of him. "No... of course I want to marry you." She gently lifted his face up level to hers. "I love you, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I just wasn't expecting this." He looked at her in wonder, carefully wiping a lone tear from her cheek. "I was so afraid... I was afraid that you wouldn't want me..." She smiled at him. "I've always wanted you." And then she lent in to kiss him, muttering one final word. "Always."



~~~

Three months later...

~~~



Sam looked at Janet, panicked. "Where's something blue! I need something blue!" She rushed over to the dresser, rattling through all the draws. "Blue... blue..."

"Sam, calm down!" Janet walked over to her friend and gently took her by the shoulders. "You look perfect. The garden is perfect. The wedding *will* be perfect. Just calm down!"

"But I need something blue!" Sam stalked over to the other side of the room, flung open the wardrobe and started pulling out clothes this way and that, throwing them onto the floor. Alisha walked in only to be hit in the face by one of Sam's dress jackets. "Hey, Sam, this is blue!" She held up the slightly wrinkled jacket triumphantly. "That's navy! I can't wear that!" Sam turned back to the wardrobe desperately. Alisha turned to Janet, shrugging. "Hey, I tried." She straightened the jacket on the hanger and then replaced it on its rack. "Come on, Sam... sit down. We haven't finished your makeup yet..." Sam reluctantly sat on a small stool, the full skirt of her wedding dress rustling around her. Janet came to stand beside Alisha, critiquing Sam's lipstick. "Does it need to be pinker...?" Alisha asked. "I don't think so. The fresh face look is in this season. Just a bit more mascara, and she should be done." Alisha nodded. "We should really bring out her eyes... hey, her eyes are blue!" Sam looked at her, doubtful. "Do eyes count?" Janet nodded. "Eyes count." There was a knock at the door, and Janet turned to answer it. "Oh, hi, Jacob." She smiled at him, noticing the tiny piece of blue baby's breath in his lapel. "Can I take that...?" she asked, grabbing the tiny flowers. "Sam's worried because we can't find anything blue. Pre-wedding jitters." Jacob nodded. "Oh. May I speak with her?" Janet blinked. "Of course! I'll just get her..." She opened the door, showing him in before turning to Sam. "Your dad's here, Sam..." She handed her the flowers. "They're blue." She turned to Alisha. "Um, we should probably go see how the men are doing..." Alisha nodded and followed Janet out the door, closing it behind them. Sam stood up. "Hi, dad," she said shyly. Jacob looked at his daughter, tears coming to his eyes. "You remind me so much of your mother." Sam looked at him, before rushing to his arms. "I love you so much, Dad. Thank you."

"For what?"

"For being ok with this... I mean, Jack's my CO. It should be against regulations. I thought..."

"You thought what, Sam?" Jacob kissed his daughter on the forehead. "I thought you'd be mad. That you would hate Jack for loving me. That you would be ashamed of me, for breaking the rules."

"Sam..." He held her in tighter. "Sam, I'm just so happy that you're happy... after Jonas, I was scared that you'd never be happy. And then Alisha came, and I began to hope, but now... you're complete, Sam. I can see it, George can see it... how could I hate the man who made you whole again?"

"Oh, Dad... you don't know how much better that makes me feel." She wiped at the tears streaming down her face. "Now my makeup's ruined." He pulled away and smiled. "I'll go get Janet and Alisha." He walked to the door, pausing. "I love you, Sam." He quietly shut the door behind him.



~~~



Jack paced the room nervously. "What if I forget the vows? We wrote our own vows. What if I forget them?"

"Then make new ones up. Look, Jack, can you stop pacing! You're giving me a head ache." Jack sat down with a thump. "I'm just... I'm nervous, ok? After Sara..." Daniel looked at his friend. "I know. It's hard. But you love Sam, don't you?"

"Yes."

"Then the hard part's taken care of. Just go with your heart, Jack. Your head will only drive you insane." Jack grinned. "Oh, that's deep, Daniel. I didn't know you did philosophy."



~~~



The sun was shining on Jack's backyard as the piano started up. The guests turned in their seats to watch as Alisha and Teal'c walked slowly down the isle. They reached the end and turned, Alisha walking to one side and Teal'c standing next to Jack on the other. The crowd turned again as Janet linked her arm with Daniel's. She smiled at him. "Nice tux." He looked her up and down appreciatively. "Nice dress. Blue is your colour." They started slowly down the rose lined 'isle'. Janet and Daniel continued talking as they walked towards where Jack stood. "He looks calm." Daniel snorted. "Oh yeah. Calm as a hurricane. Nearly wore a hole in the floor with his pacing."

"Sam wasn't much better. She nearly had a heart attack 'till we found something blue. I don't ever remember being that nervous before I got married."

"Neither do I. Of course, Sha're and I had a... slightly different ceremony." They reached the end and walked to their respective sides. The music changed, and the guests stood as Sam, one arm linked with Jacob, the other linked with her (as Jacob put it,) 'other father', General Hammond, started down the isle. Jack looked at her, dumbstruck. He looked her in the eyes as she stood next to him. "You look beautiful." She looked down shyly. "Really? I was sure my mascara was ruined." He laughed softly. "You always look beautiful." The marriage celebrant cleared his throat. "We are gathered here today..."



~~~



"Do you, Samantha Carter, take this man, Jonathan O'Neill, to be your lawfully married husband?"

"I do."

"And do you, Jonathan O'Neill, take this woman, Samantha Carter, to be your lawfully married wife?"

"I do."



~~~



"And with the power invested to me by the State of Colorado, I pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." Jack looked at Sam. "Mrs. O'Neill."

"Mrs. Carter-O'Neill to you, mister." They lent in, and kissed, uniting themselves forever. Always.



~~~



Janet rounded the corner into Jack's living room, a bit tipsy. By now, nearly all of the guests had left, and Sam and Jack were already halfway to Hawaii. She bumped into Jacob and laughed. "Good party!" Jacob smiled. "Good party. You look like your enjoying yourself."

"Well, you know... a party's a party." She spotted Daniel over in the corner and half-skipped her way over to his side. Jacob turned to Hammond. "When did we get so old?"

"Speak for yourself, Jacob- you still have quite a few years left to go." He handed him a scotch. "Here. Your daughter just got married. Have a drink."



~~~



The sun was just starting to rise in Hawaii. The cool ocean breeze drifted in through the open window and played across the two people, spooned in close together, on the rumpled bed. And as the man woke and looked at the beautiful woman lying in his arms, only one word came to mind. "Sweet."



~~~

The End.

Remember, feedback is a really nice thing. I like it a lot. So could you please send me some... please? ;-)