samandjack.net

Story Notes: Author: Nikki.H. scc@theplanet.net.au

Spoilers: none that I can think of, you have to know who sokar is though.

Archive: Sam and Jack and Heliopolis.

Feedback: Now here's the important part of the story, you want more, you have to give feedback, you hated it tell me why....would it work if I said please?

Notes: This story came to mind when I was listening to that song by Vertical Horizon; "He's everything you want, he's everything you need, he's everything inside of you that you wish you cold be. He says all the right stuff, at exactly the right time, but he means nothing to you and you don't know why."


I have never in my whole life been as bored as I am right now.

"So than I tell him, I can get you double that price and save you 10% intrest. So he said......"

Oh Holy Sokar, kill me now and be done with it. I try smiling and nodding trying to convince myself that this is fun and that I'm over reacting. But it's not working and the longer I sit here, the longer my mind screams.

"Drinks?"

"No thankyou."

"Scotch on the rocks." I snap, startling the waiter and my date. I smile graciously as the waiter disapear and try to explain. "My throat, My throat is really, really dry. You where saying?"

Adam......? Andrew? or what ever his name is, smiles and launches back into the finer details of being an accountant. Heaven help me I would rather have Apothis for company......no, wait I would rather have my handbag for company. At least my handbag isn't full of as much crap as this guy is.

"So Samantha, tell me all about *you*."

I smiled, groaning inwardly at the fact that his foot is rubbing mine. My mind displays images of the lobster on his plate eating his head off and I scold myself for being so childish.

"Not much to tell really. I'm an Astrophysist who is in the airforce." I say, wishing to God the waiter would hurry up and bring me some alchol, all that I need to surivive this. I can survive the rest of the night if I'm heavily setated. What I wouldn't do for one of Janet's physicals right now.

"Oh." He says in a tone that says he thinks its repulsive. "The military....... not really a place for a single woman like you might I think."

My hands curl into a fist under the table and I rip the napkin to shreads. "Why do you say that?" I ask half livid.

"Well Samantha," I swear if he drawls out my name like that I'm gonna zap him. "Between you and me, don't you think it would be in your best intrest to be in the real world, other than running around with toy guns and killing anything that moves? I mean that is so 1950s."

You slimy little Son of a b......."Colonel!" I practicly jump from my seat as I spot one tall brown headed man advancing towards the bathroom. He whirls around and he wears the same look of relief as he spots me. "Excuse me." I say to....Anthony? and I walk over to him.

I smile to myself as I watch his eyes scan me up and down apreciativly and I know that picking a little black skirt was the right idea. "Carter." He says glancing at a table where I see a woman powdering her nose and fussing with her long blond hair. "I see your on your date, how are things?" He asks.

I give him a sarcastic look and glance back at my table where Mr Boring sits examining his hair in the knife. "Fantastic." I reply bitterly. Jack laughs in repsonce and I smile and mention to his date, who is currently chatting up the waiter.

"It's great. I love having conversations about womens clothing and womens hair prodcuts. It's so entralling." He replied sarcasticly. I find myself laughing and he guides me towards the bar. "Let's take a breather, I don't think our dates will mind that much." He says and right now I feel like kissing the man.

"You have no idea how glad I am no see you." I say only for him to grin and order us drinks.

"I think I can.....



~*~*~*~*~*~*~



"Excuse me folks, but were closing now."

I look up midly annoyed at the manager of the restrant and I gasp at finding the hole resterant in empty. I look at Jack and we start laughing. Helping me off the stool we head for the coat rack and get our stuff.

"Do you think they are really annoyed at us?" I ask as we stumble out into the cold night air. I shiver, wishing I had of brough a warmer coat and I smile as Jack draps his coat around me.

"To tell you the truth, I don't really care." Jack answers smiling as I wrap his coat tigher to my body, taking in his scent and smiling. I glance around the empty lot and see only his jeep in the lot and I grin as he extends his hand towards the car. "Need a lift?"

"If you don't mind." I answer and my stomach does a flip as he opens the door for me and I climb in feeling like I'm on top of the world. As soon as he climbs in he starts up the heat and cranks up the heat.

"You know I know this great place that serves coffee, and I know for a fact that they have your brand of coffee. How 'bout it?" He asks, obviously talking about his own house and I smile, feeling as if my face is going to crack if I smile anymore today.

"Why not?" I answer snuggling into his jacket as we drive on. We chat amidly on the drive and by the time we are pulling into his driveway we are roaring with laughter. He comes around and opens my door, helping me out as I stumble in my heels.

"Someone's a bit tipsy." He comments and we laugh again as we climb the stairs, his arms still around me. I know I've had too much to drink, but never have I felt this happy than I do right now. With Jacks arms around my waist and his endless stream of jokes makes me feel warm and giddy inside.

Now sitting on his couch, with his lips on mine and my arms wrapped around his neck I feel as if I am the luckiest girl in the world. Coffee cups lay discarded on the floor and his jacket and shirt was discarded hours ago.

We break for air and in comfortable silence we lie down beside each other, adjusting to fit both of us on our sides on his couch. With his arms around me, and me legs drapped over him I feel as if the rest of the world has just faded away and it's just me and him.

"You know Sam, I never imagined this is how my evening would end." He says gently carrasessing my face.

I smirk and trace light patterns over his arms. "What you didn't think you'd bring a blond home and actually remember her name in the morning?"

He tightens his arms around me in protest and he kisses my temple. "You know what I mean. But I'm really glad its you Sam. I feel for once as if everything is just......right."

I lean up and kiss him gently and smile my answer, agreeing with him. "To tell you the truth, I kinda wished this had of happened ages ago. Sexual Tension is such a pain in the ass."

"I hear you." Hes smile disapears and he leans forward and kisses me passionatly. His body moves to cover mine and I wind my arms around his waist as his body weight settles over me and I actually feel like I'm soaring. "So let's get rid of it then." He murmers as we pull apart and I grin.

"Are you sure you'll remember my name in the morning?" I joke and before I can say anything else he launches into tickling me. Squrming underneath him, I giggle and thrash about until we both roll off the couch.

"Ummm, owww." Jack moans as we lay giggling ontop of each other. Rolling off him, I stand up and smile at him slyly before turning and walking to his bedroom, reaching his door and turning around to mention for him to follow.

I smile in the dark as he wraps me in his arms and begins to kiss my neck. Walking to the bed, I let out a squeal as he swoops me up and throws me onto the bed. Except as I land my body collides with that of another body. .......and it's not Jack.

Screaming I jump back and Jack turns on the light. Mumbling Daniel waves hello to us and rolls back over in the bed, totally unaware of what was about to happen next to him if Sam hadn't of hit him.

"Daniel!" Jack barks angrily. I stand behind Jack trying to get my clothes back intact and watching as Daniel sleepily looks up at us. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"My apartments being gased remember?" Daniel says, sleepily sitting up.

"Than why didn't you stay on base?" Jack asked, hands on hips, furious at the man for ruining his first night with Sam.

"Jack, you know I hate the base. Besides your always saying how i'm more than welcome to stay. What's the big deal?" Daniel asked rubbing his eyes like a five year old.

"The big deal is me and-"

"Jack." I say softly, realising that were going nowhere arguing. "Why don't we go talk at my house?" I say waggling my eyebrows. Jack takes a minute to take this in before he nods and smiles.

"Yes, best give Daniel peace and quiet." He replies, turnign off the light and following me out. Picking up our jackets Jack shakes his head and locks the door behind us.



~*~*~*~*~

So what did we all think? Don't be shy, feedback is a wonderful thing! ~Nikki.H.