samandjack.net

Story Notes: No spoilers that I know of.

Belongs to the Sam and Jack Relationship Archives.

Sam and Jack wake up on a planet to find out they have gotten hitched.

None of the characters belong to me, none.

All personal thought in bold.

No flames please, all mail is to be directed to tracys4@olynet.com thanks!


Sam Carter groaned and held onto her head. God, what happened? One minute I'm at the festival and the next I wake up and feel like I've been run over be an army tank. She looked around the room and winced when she me the sun. Must be in a tent. Wonder who put me here?

That question was answered by a groan next to her in the bed. Major Carter froze. "Oh, my god!" She screamed, just to have the body next to her speak.

"For crying out loud Carter, I have a headache!" Jack sat bolt upright and then it was his turn to freeze. He turned toward her and blinked several times.

"What the HELL are you doing here?" He demanded and went to jump out of bed only to realize that he wasn't wearing anything.

Sam gasped at him. "What am I doing here? Sir, with all due respect, the question should be what are YOU doing here." I woke up to find YOU in MY bed." She pulled on of the blankets more securely to her chest.

"Good morning to both of you. Did you sleep well? The party went very well last night, did it not?" A woman walked in with a tray of food and sat it down on the table. "I have your clothes cleaned, would you like them now or would you rather wait until later?"

Sam and Jack replied at once. "Now."

The woman smiled and nodded. "All right, I will get them for you."

Silence filled the room as they both tried to figure out what to say to the other. They were also trying to remember the night before.

I wonder what happened?

Did she enjoy herself last night?

Did he like last night?

Kimyana returned with their clothes.

"Thank you," Jack said. He paused a moment before he asked, "What happened last night?" The woman smiled again.

"I will tell you once you both are dressed and outside. Your friends are waiting or you, maybe they should tell you."

A groan came from Sam, Jack just nodded.

The colonel and major got dressed and stepped out of the tent. Teal'c and Daniel stood there grinning from ear to ear. "If it isn't the newlyweds. Aren't they cute?"

Teal'c raised an eyebrow, "Yes, Daniel Jackson, they are... cute." He agreed in his regular manner.

"What did you call us Daniel?" Sam asked, palling slightly. She had stepped away from Jack and toward them. "Did you say newlyweds? But, we can't be! I-I mean, we can't right?" She turned worried eyes to Jack them back to the other members of SG-1.

"I'm afraid so Mrs. O'Neill. Would you like to know what happened?" He asked innocently as Sam shot him a hateful glare.

"Please." She said and started walking with them; Jack stayed a step behind.

"Well, they were having a party last night, a festival, but what I forgot to ask was what exactly they were celebrating. See, Kylene is both the Goddess of love and of marriage in some religions. I forgot about that. The festival was in celebration of the latter part. Single males and females are paired off by the Chief and are married at midnight."

Jack broke in as they reached the main campfire. "So, what you're telling us is that they put our names on the list? Why would they do that?"

Sam rubbed her hands together in front of the fire. She shot a quick glance at the colonel then looked back down.

"Well, it seems you two got a couple of glasses of the 'wedding punch' by mistake and you lost most of your inhibitions. You both ASKED to be married, and they found you to be compatible, so it was a go." He finished as lightly as possible.

It was quiet as Sam and Jack tried to digest all that they had been told.

"Jack," Daniel came up beside him, "The new husbands are supposed to meet the Chief for all their papers. And for rules on getting a divorce if they find they are not compatible enough. Follow those men over there." Dr. Jackson pointed to a group of men who had obviously had too much of the 'wedding punch'.

Jack followed the men and left the others behind.

Sam stood very still. "I guess that answers my questions, but what I can't figure out is why? First of all, why did you let us do it? And why would we, HE want to?"

Daniel patted her shoulder, "Sam, you WANTED to and so did he. We couldn't stop you anymore than you could one of us if we were determined. I'm sorry it's upset you so much."

"It's ok Daniel. I'm not upset about getting married to the man I have loved for a long time; I'm upset that he might be asking about getting a divorce. Oh god, Daniel! I love him. I know I shouldn't, but I do."

"I know that Samantha. Teal'c and I have been aware of it for some time now. What I can't figure out is why you never tell him."

Teal'c came behind them. "I have often wondered that also, major."

Sam sighed deeply and let her shoulders incline. "Because, because of many things. Regulations, I can't be in love with my commanding officer. I also don't know if he loves me. Ever stop and think of that?" She asked sharply.

"Colonel O'Neill is coming back." Teal'c said and stepped back for Jack. "Did everything go well O'Neill?"

Jack nodded. "Yep, let's get going campers. We have things to do. Let's get back to the gate, we have to debrief." And is that going to be something else! Jack started walking in the direction of the gate. SG-1 said good-bye to the people of the planet.



************************************************************



"Colonel, are you telling me you and the Major are married?" General Hammond asked with a frown. He got up and paced the floor.

"Yes sir, that's right. We had a 'special' drink and then things got carried away and we got married." He said simply.

The General sighed, "When are you planning to get a divorce?"

Jack looked at Sam and saw her drop her head. He looked Hammond in the eye. "It never came up Sir, and, if I am lucky, it never will. You can court-marshal me if you want to, but I love her and I want to be married to her."

Sam jumped up and flew into his arms. "I love you too Jack." She kissed him.

Daniel and Teal'c smiled, the General cleared his throat.

"I won't court-marshal you two, but I want you to understand, if this interferes with your work in anyway, I will split the team up. Understand?"

Jack and Sam stared into each other's eyes and smiled, but they nodded to the General.

"But I wouldn't mind being in the wedding party. There is going to be an Earth Ceremony, right Colonel?"

"Yes, sir." Jack grinned and kissed his wife again. "Whatever you say sir. Whatever you say."



************************************************************



Jack smoothed his uniform down as the wind came up again. He looked over at Daniel and Teal'c. They were both given uniforms for the wedding. After a long debate, Sam and Jack had decided to hold the ceremony on the top of the mountain base. The major's father was found and brought beck for the wedding.

General Hammond was to marry them and Dr. Fraiser was going to be the Maid of Honor. Everything was ready to go. The awning was up and ivy was looped around the poles and music was playing.

Jack sighed, Now all that I need is to get Sam up here so I can get married and have the honeymoon. Oh yeah!

His thoughts were cut off by the change of the music. Jack turned and saw Samantha for the first time in her dress. She wore a long, white dress with a four-foot train I the back made of lace. It hugged her body and Jack thought that he was looking at an angel.

She smiled at him sweetly as her father gave her hand to her sooner-to-be husband. "I love you Jack," she whispered.

He said back, "I love you too."

The wedding was beautiful and the sun set gave the ceremony its final touch. Sam and Jack were happy, they danced all night long, only breaking away for her father to take a turn. Teal'c even danced with her and he and Daniel danced with Jack to a country song.

Sam laughed most of the time and once or twice, she had to help Daniel up because he was too drunk to do much of anything. "Guess what Mrs. O'Neill. I taught Teal'c how to throw rice and some other traditions." He said and fell off the chair he was on.

By the time the reception was over, Sam found out what other 'traditions' Daniel had taught Teal'c. Their car was totally covered in blown up condoms, honey, ribbons, and silly string.

They both laughed and got in, remembering what the two other SG-1 members had done so they could get repaid in full after the honeymoon.

"Are you happy Samantha?" Jack asked kissing her neck in the car. "You looked so beautiful today."

Sam O'Neill smiled, "I am now. I was afraid I'd start to show before your got the wedding ready."

Jack stopped in the middle of nibbling her ear. "What? Start to show? Do you mean..." He asked dumbfounded.

"Yes," she whispered back.



*****



Six months later they had triplets, two boys and a girl. Jonathan Matthew, Daniel William, and Katherine Teal O'Neill arrived in the world and were a joy to the SGC. Now, who says there's no such things as happy endings?



*****

The End.