samandjack.net

Story Notes: E-Mail: alison_adele@hotmail.com

Rating: Doesn't need one. Your granny could read this.

Spoiler: Extremely short reference to COTG's.

Feedback: Youbetcha! Feeeedddddd me nice!

Archive: Be my guest.

Author's notes: (doesn't that sound cool?) This is my first attempt at a fic in about 20 years. It's just a little thought that ran thru my mind today. The other fic is still in progress. It will probably be a bit rough around the edges but give me a chance!

Dedication: For Lauren Kate


September already. Sam wondered where the time had gone. It only seemed like yesterday since he....... A distant car horn sounded and brought Sam out of her reverie. The morning was sunny and a light breeze was blowing. It was a beautiful day.

The car pulled up outside the building. Sam's stomach turned summersaults. People were gathered in groups, talking and laughing. Sam felt like doing neither. They got out from the car and walked in silence. He held her hand tightly, reassuring her that everything was fine. Sam felt the tears begin to sting her eyes as she turned and faced him. The brown eyes looked questioningly into hers,and a familiar half smile appeared. Her heart pounded in her chest as she kissed him lightly on the cheek before stepping back to look at him. "Don't cry Mommy"

"I'm not crying, sweetie"

"Are so!"

"Sean O'Neill, watch your manners!"

"Yes sir" Sean answered looking down after the reprimand from his father. "That's much better, now scoot or you'll be late" Sean turned and began to walk across the school yard. Sam and Jack stood and watched their son go when suddenly he turned and ran back to them. "I love you mommy" He said as he kissed and hugged Sam. "I love you too" She replied returning the hug. She smiled at him as she wiped a tear away. He was growing up and today she had to let go a little. It hurt. Infact, it hurt like hell. She'd been beaten and tortured by the Goa'uld, enslaved in mines, taken prisoner more times than she'd cared to remember and fought countless battles in defense this world, but nothing could compare to the pain she felt at letting her son go. Jack stooped down to hug his son. "Have a good day, and behave!" Sean stood back and saluted his dad before running across the school yard. "Whatcha thinkin'?" Jack asked. "That we don't have them for long" Sam replied. Jack put his arm around Sam and pulled her closer kissing the top of her head. They stood in silence and watched as their son disappeared into the school. "Oh for cryin' out loud you can have him back later!"

"I was thinkin' maybe I could do a deal with the school board and they could keep him until he's about 24!"

"Jack!" Sam playfully punched Jack in the arm as they headed back toward the car. "Well if you're like this now what are you gonna do when our little girl starts school?" Jack motioned towards Sam's obvious bump as he got into the car grinning. Sam smiled. He had a point.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 months later.



"Mrs O'Neill, during today's science lesson Sean was particularly disruptive in class. Infact, during the last three lessons Sean has been rather rude to one of the girls in his class"

"Who is it?" Sam asked. "Carly Stewart" The teacher replied. "The little girl with pigtails and blue eyes?"

"Yes. Do you know her?"

"No..No, but I've heard all about her. We'll have a talk with Sean this evening when his father gets home. I'm sorry he's been misbehaving" Sam said as she made her way from the classroom. "I don't quite understand this Mrs O'Neill. He's fine in other lessons, it's just the science one's when he's a problem" Sam smiled at the teacher and walked off in search of her son. What was it Jack once said to her, something about he liked women but he just a little problem with scientists? Holy Hannah, he's his father's son!



~End~



End Notes: Whatcha think?