samandjack.net

Story Notes: Author Notes: Any problems and such, just let me know.

Author: Katmellie (Kat or Kathryn)

Email: Katmellie@AOL.com (StargateLover69@Yahoo.co.uk)


She Can't Do This


Jack strode through the corridors of the SGC with a purpose behind each step he took. He was marching his way passed personnel, who were jumping quickly out of his path, sensing he was in the mood to be messed with or wouldn't be reasoned with. His footsteps echoed down the hallway, alerting everyone to his approach. The only thought going through his mind was to kill her. She'd gone too far this time around. There was no excuse for what she had done. He never let anyone get away from him and he wasn't about to start now. Just because she was here, in the same complex, and on his team, didn't mean anything to him anymore. He'd had his wake up call.

Walking straight into her lab, he came to complete halt for the first time since he'd left General Hammond’s office, seven levels below them, after they finished talks on the new changes to the SGC and his taking command of the base. She was stood over one of her latest projects, a screwdriver in one hand and a wrench in the other, hitting whatever it was with incredible force. Jack stood there with his hands by his sides, waiting for her to notice him or acknowledge he was there. He could tell she was avoiding looking at him, her eyes fixated on the object she was hitting. Still he didn't move. He knew she would look at him. And slowly she did.

When her blue eyes met his brown ones, he saw her gulp nervously as she put the wrench and screwdriver down. Looking at her, she didn't seem any different. He'd thought when this day came, he would see her in a different light and find he'd been putting his feelings on her, so he could trick himself into feeling loved. Butthat wasn't true. She looked even more beautiful and enticing.

"Sir, I think I owe you an explanation for my decision to change to civilian." She mumbled edging her way slowly round the workbench.

"You do, do you?" He grumbled, finding all the pent up anger he'd been building on his climb up the stairs had faded away at the sight of her.

"Yes, sir. You see, when you were frozen I did a lot of thinking." She said scuffing the tip of her boot against the floor.

Jack took a step toward her. "When do you stop?"

"Well, I came to a conclusion on where I wanted my life to go." Her voice got quieter as she took a step towards him, closing the gap.

"And where's that?" He touched the side of her face, cupping her cheek as he brushed his thumb over her soft skin.

She looked up straight into his eyes. "I want it to be wherever you are."

A sense of pride stirred in his stomach. "And where would you like me to be?"

"With me." She whispered, her hands planting themselves onto either side of his face,as he lowered his lips down towards hers to kiss her sweetly and tenderly. The audience stood outside of her lab began to pay a big sum to the tall Jaffa and the man with glasses at the back of the group.

*************************************************************

The End (Feedback Welcome)