samandjack.net

Story Notes: Season: post-season 7

Wrote this back in March in my livejournal, and since people seem to be asking for fic...

Feedback: Be kind, feed me. :D
Email: pixie@pixies-bookshelf.com

Copyright: (c) Siobhan Gormley 2004


Sleepy Thoughts

~ * ~

I'm awake still, I don't want to sleep quite yet. I lean on my elbow, putting my head on my hand. I watch Sam as she rests, her breathing shallow. She's spooned into me, her back resting gently on my chest.

I feel...content. It's a nice change, I haven't really felt that for quite a long time.

Pain and anger was all I had known for over a year until she strutted into my life. Yes, *strutted*. All five foot nine full of confidence, intelligence..and sarcasm. How could I not take notice of her?

Yeah, yeah, it was purely physical at first, hell, just look at her! Soft blonde hair, big blue eyes, a smile that can light up a room, and legs that go on forever.

Yeah, I *really* like those legs. Especially when they're wrapped around me, like earlier.

What can I say, I'm base. Never claimed I was complex, nope, never gonna happen.

Thing is, she doesn't seem to mind. I actually think she likes it. Which, is cool because it means she doesn't want to change me. And even though she drives me crazy with her technobabble and she doesn't seem to get The Simpsons, I honestly wouldn't want her any different either.

I'm starting to feel sleepy, so I lay my head on the pillow, pulling her closer and briefly nuzzling her neck and hair. The smell of her stirs me a little. If I were a younger man...well, let's be honest, even if I were a younger man I'd need rest.

I close my eyes and finally fall asleep, a smile on my face.

**End**