samandjack.net

Story Notes: EMAIL: xfmanic@hotbot.com
SPOILERS: Point of View, Divide and Conquer, Window of Opportunity
SEASON / SEQUEL: 4th Season
CONTENT WARNINGS: Male/Female Relationship
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis, Sam & Jack Archive, please contact me first for any others
AUTHOR'S NOTES: This is my first Stargate SG-1 fanfic. Feed back is most welcome.


"Anyway...I'm sorry, but that just happens to be how I feel about it! What do you think?"

Daniel's familiar impassioned plea was ignored as Jack looked down at his very familiar spoonful of Fruit Loops. "Oh, for crying out loud..."

Both Daniel and Sam looked at each other with more than a puzzled look.

"Colonel? Is something wrong?" Sam asked *again*!

Jack dropped his Fruit Loops into the bowl in front of him and sighed. My God...is this ever going to end?

Looking at his watch, Jack abandoned his breakfast and walked out on his bewildered teammates. He needed to find Teal'c and see if they can jump start their explanation to General Hammond before any of the other events of the all too familiar day would unfold. It started to become a routine that he would just do without.

"Colonel?"

Jack turned around to find Sam running up to him from the comissary. He couldn't help notice how she always seemed to concentrate on him as intensely as their Stargate missions when she was concerned about him.

"Yes, Carter?"

"Are you alright, sir? I just found it rather strange that you reacted to Daniel so negatively. He was just asking your opinion."

He tried not to gaze too closely at her sea blue eyes or else be distracted during their exchange. "Um....I know, Carter. I'm sorry....I'll apologize to Daniel later. I just haven't..uh...been sleeping too well lately."

"I'm sorry to hear that, sir. Maybe you should have Janet check you out later after our briefing. She's definitely a fan of a good night's sleep." Carter said smiling to herself as she remembered many a time when Janet would practically drag her kicking and screaming back to her bunk for some needed rest.

"Um...thanks, Carter. I just might do that, but I need to find Teal'c and talk with General Hammond before the briefing."

Sam nodded and walked down the hall.

Jack was amazed. Carter had shown a genuine concern for his well-being. I'll have to explore that little avenue at some point before this is all over.



******



"O'Neill? Should we not be assisting Dr. Jackson with the translation of the alien text?"

Jack looked up at Teal'c as he was slowly sipping his cup of coffee. He remembered an earlier loop where a beautiful blonde was smiling at him at the same moment. "No, Teal'c...I've decided to take this loop off. Besides, we're making good progress. I need a break."

Teal'c nodded as he took a seat directly across from Jack.

"Let me ask you something, Teal'c....how do you feel about this whole time loop thing anyway? Isn't it just odd that we're the only two people to remember *every* loop?"

"I must admit that it is almost difficult to distinguish one loop from the next. If it wasn't for you, O'Neill, I believe I would have "lost it" as you mentioned to me in one of the loops."

Jack smiled at the reference. He never thought of himself as being very artistic but making that face with ketchup and mustard on a plate was pretty clever. He almost wished that he could have saved it as a reminder of this experience when it ends.

"You seem distracted, O'Neill. May I be of assistance?"

Jack put his coffee down as he tried to figure out exactly how he was feeling at that moment. "Well...it's kind of embarrassing to say this, but if there is anyone I would trust to talk about this, it's definitely you, Teal'c. After all, you were there."

His companion raised an eyebrow and slightly nodded his head towards Jack. For Teal'c that's as close to a bonding moment as one could expect.

Jack would normally look around the cafeteria to make sure there was noone within earshot, but since noone would remember what he said in a few hours anyway, he could care less who heard him.

"Remember that incident a few weeks ago with the Tok'ra and the Zark thing?"

"You are referring to the Goaul'd mind control technology of programming a human into an assassin, a Zatarc?"

"Yeah."

Teal'c nodded his acknowledgement.

"Well ever since that incident, I've been a bit distracted with Carter." Jack waited for a response from Teal'c. He didn't give him one, so Jack continued. "Actually, that's not true. I admit that scenario with the alternate Carter and Kowalsky was awkward enough, but it made me seriously consider how my life may have been different. That Tok'ra device only made it painfully aware to me that my feelings for Carter go way deeper than what military regs allow."

Teal'c raised an eyebrow. "Do you believe Major Carter feels the same way?"

Jack hesitated for a moment. "I don't know. She seems to be more interested in figuring out how this whole time loop works within the subspace field of the...." Jack stopped suddenly with a pained expression on his face.

"What is it, O'Neill?"

Jack put his head in his hands. "My God! We've been in these time loops so many times that Carter's technobabble is actually making *sense* to me..."

Teal'c could not supress the amused look on his face. "It appears that Major Carter has influenced you more than you are aware, O'Neill."

Jack looked at his friend across the table. He was always amazed at how insightful the Jaffa was in regards to human feelings and emotions.

"Maybe....I just wish I knew what Carter was thinking about all this..."

"Have you asked Major Carter?"

Jack shook his head.

"Then you will never find out anything, O'Neill. I have discovered while observing your planet at this curious ritual you call "awkward silence" between males and females when it concerns deep feelings or emotions."

"And...you think that's bad?"

"Is it not simple enough to just show affection for someone you care for?"

"I wish it were that simple, Teal'c. But remember that Carter and I have to abide by rules and regulations. She's my second-in-command for Christ's sake!"

Teal'c considered what Jack said. "True. However, if Major Carter feels the same strong emotions that you obviously feel for her, wouldn't it be prudent to act on them?"

"I would love to, Teal'c...believe me! But part of me is...well...unsure how Carter truly feels. She may have just been saying those things in front of Freya so that damn machine would prove she wasn't one of those Zarc things. She sure didn't hesitate in telling me that our true feelings wouldn't leave that room. I just thought that was her way of telling me that she didn't mean it."

Teal'c was quiet. He didn't even raise an eyebrow.

"What?" Jack asked.

"I have always thought of you as a courageous and clever human, O'Neill. Yet, when it comes to your own feelings, you are more like a coward."

Jack was so shocked that he couldn't think of a response.

"If you had paid attention, O'Neill, then you would have realized that Major Carter said that to you as a way to avoid any further embarrassment that you already felt at that moment."

Jack considered Teal'c words. "You think?"

Teal'c raised an eyebrow.



******



Sam looked at her watch as she noticed that neither Colonel O'Neill or Teal'c were in the room before their scheduled briefing. That's definitely odd. The Colonel and Teal'c are more punctual than the rest of us.

General Hammond walked into the room, and he instantly noticed the same thing that Sam observed.

"Does anyone know where Colonel O'Neill or Teal'c are?"

"Right here, General," Jack said as he and Teal'c walked in and stopped in front of the viewscreen where Sam had the information for P4X-639 that she wanted to talk about in their briefing.

"Would you mind explaining to me, Colonel, why you and Teal'c found it necessary to be late for this briefing?"

Jack nodded and recited what he already knew by heart:

"We are currently experiencing something called a *time loop*. SG-1 actually went to P4X-639 and met up with Malakai, who started this whole thing. The altar is some kind of machine that shoots out a beam to the stargate accessing its subspace field in order to create a time inversion outside of subspace. The machine gets its energy from the ionization in the atmosphere generated by the geomagnetic storms which are caused by the coronal mass omissions from their sun. Carter tried to dial out in an earlier time loop to avoid the wormhole coming from 639, but it didn't work. She later discovered in another loop that 639 caused 13 planets and earth to be simultaneously connected in some kind of "subspace bubble," which cuts all of us from the normal flow of time and prevents us from establishing a wormhole outside of this bubble. (Pause) Are you all getting this?"

The look on the faces of Sam, Daniel and General Hammond were priceless.



******



"Exactly how many of these loops have you...have we...been through?"

Jack stopped rubbing his eyes and looked at Daniel. "I've..uh...lost track."

Daniel nodded. "That must be frustrating."

Jack sat up. "Uh...yeah."

"On the other hand, it is kind of an opportunity."

"How's that?"

"I mean if you know in advance that everything is always going to be back to the way it was, then...you could do...*anything*...for as long as you want without having to worry about consequences."

Jack looked over at Teal'c, who also came to the same realization.



******



"Come in!"

Jack looked up to see Carter peeking through his office door.

"Sir? You wanted to see me?" Sam asked as she stepped into his office.

"Carter...yes I did."

"I hate to rush you, sir, but we have a briefing with General Hammond and the rest of SG-1 in 15 minutes."

Jack smiled. "Yes, I know."

Sam had a confused look on her face as Jack was busy typing up a form on his computer.

"We're not going to attend the meeting, Carter."

"We're not?"

"Nope." Jack stood up to get the form from his printer.

"I don't understand, sir..."

Jack sat back down and faced Carter directly. "We're not attending, because we can catch an early showing at the local theater in (looking at his watch) about an hour."

Sam's eyebrows shot straight up. "A movie, sir? We have a mission to go to P4X-639 in a few hours."

Jack smiled at her again. "Yes, I know, but it isn't going to happen."

"It isn't?"

"Carter, will you stop repeating what I say for crying out loud."

Sam stood up. "I'm sorry, sir, but this sounds highly irregular. Are you okay? Do you need to see Janet?"

Jack stood up. "I'm fine, Carter. I don't need to see ole Doc Fraiser. She's not going to find a thing wrong with me."

Sam displayed more of a bewildered look on her face.

"Carter, don't you trust me?"

She hesitated. The Colonel is acting so strange...

"A little R&R doesn't hurt every now and then, does it?" Jack asked as he gave her a big smile.

Sam shook her head. "I guess not...but the mission..."

"Don't worry about the mission, Carter. I already told you that it isn't going to happen, so you can just relax."

She looked directly at him to see if there was any hint of deception. "With all due respect, sir, if this is a trick, I will make sure General Hammond brings you up on charges."

"Is that a yes, then?"

Sam thought about it and finally, nodded in agreement.

"Great! Why don't you get changed, and I'll see you by the elevator in 10 minutes?"

Sam left his office and didn't notice Jack signing the form and leaving it on top of his desk.



******



"Oh yeah! That'll play!"

Teal'c nodded to Jack as he bent down to place another golf ball on the practice tee.

Jack stepped up to the ball. "How far is Alaris anyway?"

"Several billion miles, O'Neill."

"Wow! That's got to be a record." Jack set up his driver and aligned it to the open wormhole in the stargate. He methodically swung, and the ball flared to the right but still found its way through the stargate.

"I assume we will go to a real driving range after we are done with this time loop scenario?" Teal'c asked.

Jack took a few practice swings. "Oh yeah! I have to admit that I miss playing this game. It seems like forever since I took these clubs out."

Teal'c agreed. "Yes, I do understand your fascination with golf, O'Neill. It is both pleasant and frustrating unlike any other experience I have ever had."

Jack looked up. "Kinda like this time loop, huh?"

Teal'c raised an inquisitive eyebrow.

"I have to admit..." Jack continued "...that I've thought about what you said..about being a coward with my feelings." He swung and hit another ball through the stargate. "So I took Carter out on a date in the last loop."

Teal'c nodded his head in approval.

"I have to say that it felt kinda weird."

"Why is that, O'Neill?"

"Because I honestly didn't think Carter would accept. She wasn't sure how to act in front of her CO, and I kept looking over my shoulder for the MPs to haul me away."

"However, you did take the risk of asking Major Carter. That is a definite improvement on your previous inaction."

Jack smiled as Teal'c's words sunk in. "Yeah, I guess it is."

Jack took his club back to hit another ball...

"COLONEL O'NEILL! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?"

Jack almost fell over from the sudden outburst and glared back to the control room at General Hammond.

"IN THE *MIDDLE* OF MY BACKSWING?!?!?!"



******



"Oh..." Sam commented while visibly blushing.

"Why, Major...I would have never thought you would be embarrassed over simple red roses."

"They're....beautiful, sir," Sam finally said.

"Try Jack. I'm no longer your CO."

"What?"

"You didn't notice the paper I signed and left on my desk?"

Sam shook her head.

"Oh, well, it was my letter of resignation."

"You resigned? Why?"

Jack smiled at Sam. He remembered a previous loop where he actually took his resignation letter straight to General Hammond and kissed Sam in front of everyone right before the start of the next time loop. The kiss was more than he bargained for and decided that to truly deserve another one, he wanted Sam to trust and accept him. Jack already felt guilty enough as it was for taking advantage of her in a way.

"Jack? What's the matter?"

"Um...nothing Sam."

She couldn't help but wonder what was going on in her, now former, CO's head. The cool breeze blew by her as they sat in silence looking at the mountains around them.

"I'm kind of surprised that you asked me to come up here, Jack."

"Yeah, well...I thought a movie would take away from us getting to know each other." Actually, I realized the "last" time we went to a movie that it didn't leave much room for romance before the next loop.

"Are you trying to be romantic, Jack?" Sam asked with a mischievous smile.

My God! Can she read minds, too? Jack just smiled back and looked down at his watch.

"In a hurry?"

Jack gave her a quizzical look.

"Your watch...I've noticed that you seem to be preoccupied with the time. Are you late for an appointment?"

"Um...no. Sorry. I guess I just absent-mindedly look at my watch during an awkward moment." Well, I was just checking how much time before the next loop.

Sam giggled. "Ok, Jack...if you say so."

He loved to make her laugh. It was just a part of many things about Samantha Carter that made Jack realize his strong feelings for her.

"So you still didn't tell me why you resigned."

"I just didn't want to jeopardize your career, Sam. So if the MPs somehow find us, I'll have evidence to prove that you are not fraternizing with your CO."

Sam smiled. "That's nice of you, Jack. But don't you think we can just take it one step at a time before you jump to those conclusions?"

"I guess so, but that's why they paid me the big bucks so that I can make those life and death decisions," Jack replied while wiggling his eyebrows.

Sam laughed fully this time. "You're nuts!"

"By the way, you didn't say anything about the vase I put the roses in."

Sam examined the obvious hand-made vase her roses were placed in. Though it was rather crude, she did admire the symmetry involved. "It's quite nice, Jack. Did you make this?"

"You noticed? Aw shucks, I was hoping you wouldn't," Jack sheepishly replied.

"Oh stop being so modest, Jack! It's nice. I had no idea that you had any interest in pottery."

"Um, yeah...well, it was kind of a recent thing." Yeah, my hands still hurt from trying to get that vase made and blowdried before this date. If she only knew...

"So why did you bring me up here with you, Jack?"

Jack felt the perspiration suddenly appear on his palms. "Well, Sam...um..."

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

"What is that?" Sam asked as the digital alarm kept blaring.

Jack looked at his watch. "Oh crap...."



******



"Another cup of coffee, Miss?"

Sam looked up at the waiter. She didn't realize that she had been playing with her empty coffee cup for the last 15 minutes. "Uh...no, thank you."

"Sam? Are you okay?" Jack worriedly asked.

"What? Oh...yeah. Um, it's just that I'm still a bit confused as to why we're here."

"I already told you, Sam," Jack thought it was finally prudent to tell her about the time loop. Besides, he wanted to avoid the numerous inquiries to his mental health from the previous loops.

"The time loop? Um, are you sure it was wise that you didn't have Janet take a look at you and Teal'c before we left?"

Maybe not. "Don't you believe me?"

Sam hesitated. "Well...I admit that your explanation is theoretically possible."

"Theoretically possible? Do you think I can just grasp terms like subspace bubble and time inversions by myself?"

Sam laughed. "Um...no. That's true considering you didn't understand what a wormhole was."

"Yeah...well, you'll have to explain that to me again."

"Oh, well...think of an apple..."

"Not now, Carter! I mean at another time."

"Oh...I'm sorry, sir..er, Jack. Explaining things in scientific terms kind of helps me focus."

"Has anyone ever told you that you think too much?"

"Um...actually...yeah."

"Anyway, I can prove it to you that this time loop exists."

"Really?"

"Sure. You know that this isn't the first time we've gone out during a loop."

"It isn't?" Sam asked with a surprised look on her face.

"Yep. In one loop, you were going to bring me up on charges if I deceived you. In another one, you openly flirted with me. (Jack noted the visibly pink hue developing on Sam's face.) Also, you have already mentioned that you had a crush on Kermit the Frog when you were 4, Matt Dawson when you were 12 and that you were a bit wreckless in your teens."

Sam just stared at Jack. I *never* told anyone about Kermit the Frog!

"Would you like me to repeat the place you lost your virginity?" Jack asked with a twinkle in his eye.

Sam's jaw literally dropped on the table. "Um..no, sir..er, Jack. You've definitely proven it to me that we're in a time loop."

Jack noticed the worried look on her face. "What is it?"

Sam hesitated. "Um...you have me concerned."

"Why is that?"

"Well...if you and Teal'c have been stuck in a time loop all this time....what else have you done?"

Jack smiled. He knew where Sam was heading, but decided that the kiss in the control room would not be mentioned... at least for now.

"Jack?"

"Don't worry, Sam. The location of your mole is still deprived from me."

Sam breathed a sigh of relief.

"For now...." Jack added with a mischievous smile.

Sam gave a horrified look.

Jack could not help but laugh. "Relax, Sam! I'm just kidding."

She wasn't sure how to take him anymore but began to relax. "Okay...so how much longer until this loop ends?"

Jack looked at his watch. "Not too long. Why?"

"Aren't you worried about getting out of it?"

"Don't worry. Teal'c and I will figure this thing out soon. We're actually pretty proficient in Latin thanks to Daniel's help."

"Then why are you here instead of with Teal'c and Daniel?"

Jack felt like he just put his foot in his mouth. "Um...well, Sam, we've been in these loops for awhile as I already said, so basically, Teal'c and I agreed that we need to take breaks every few loops or so to help maintain our sanity."

Sam's face crinkled her obvious confusion.

Oh boy!"We're getting really close to figuring out how to stop these loops. It just takes a while to set up the stuff for *every* loop. Do you know how frustrating it is to correct Daniel's grammar over and over again? Sometimes, I think he purposely tries to get on my nerves just because he can..."

Sam laughed. "Oh, that's kind of a cruel thing to say, Jack. After all, Daniel wants to help all of us as well even if he doesn't remember that he's stuck in a time loop."

"So you believe me?"

"Well...I have no idea why I would have told you about Kermit the Frog, but...yeah."

"Great! You're a tough nut to crack, Sam. By the time you finally believe me, then I have very little time left before the next loop to really talk to you."

"Talk to me? About what?"

Jack hesitated. "Um..the Zarc scenario."

"Zarc? Oh...you mean the Zatarc situation a few weeks ago.?"

Jack nodded. "Is this too difficult for you?"

"Um..no."

"Then why do you have this worried look on your face?"

Sam paused for a moment. "Until now, I had my doubts about your time loop, but this is the first time you brought up that day. I don't think you would bring it up under normal circumstances."

"I'm that transparent?"

Sam smiled. "No, it's just that we both agreed to leave it in that room. I understood the obstacles both of us have to face. So I never really thought much about it since then."

Jack had a dejected look. "You didn't?"

Sam noticed the look. "That bothers you?"

"Honestly...yeah"

"Why?"

Jack thought about it for awhile before he answered. "Well, you know I'm such a stickler about wearing my heart on my sleeve..."

Sam smiled.

"...but," Jack continued, "I literally had to pour out my true feelings for you that day just to prove that I'm not a brainwashed assassin. If that wasn't bad enough, I had to admit it in front of Teal'c, Fraiser, Freya and all those guards standing around. I might as well have had a microphone to the PA system and announced it to the whole complex."

Sam chuckled. "Jack, don't worry. It's okay. Janet didn't even talk to me about it afterwards."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I think what we admitted was no surprise to anyone there, including Freya."

"Hmmm...interesting."

"Jack? What is it?"

"Well, I didn't tell you this before, but she made a pass at me a couple of days before."

"She did?" Sam asked with just a hint of jealousy.

Jack smiled. "Yeah, she kissed me, too."

"She what?" Sam's eyes were about to pop out of her head.

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

"Oh crap...." Sam and Jack whispered in unison.



******



"O'Neill? We're close to completing the translation. Shall we not continue?"

Jack absent-mindedly stirred his melting ice cream without looking up at Teal'c. "I know we should, but I'm really not in the mood in this loop."

Teal'c sat down. "Events are not progressing with Major Carter as you would have hoped?"

Jack slowly shook his head. "I'm telling you, Teal'c, this time loop is really getting to me. You know how in the beginning it seemed to take us forever to get people to believe us and then we had to set up the boards over and over in every loop to get that translation going?"

Teal'c nodded.

"Well, it's the same way with Carter. I mean...I finally have the nerve to talk to her about that day in the interrogation room, but it took me so long to get her to believe me that I didn't have much time left to really talk to her."

"Perhaps you should just tell her at the beginning of the loop. That gives you approximately 10 hours before it starts over again."

"I know...but I get tongue-tied..."

"O'Neill, I estimate that there are very few loops left. I recommend that you use them wisely."

"I know....it's just that she makes me feel like I'm on my first date...all nervous and sweaty."

"If you truly care about Major Carter, the rest will come naturally."

With that final word of wisdom, Teal'c got up and left Jack to his own thoughts.



******



"Come in!"

Sam poked her head through the door. "You wanted to see me, sir?"

Jack looked up from his computer. "Yes, Carter. Please come in and close the door behind you."

"I hate to rush you, sir, but we have a briefing with General Hammond and the rest of SG-1 in about 20 minutes."

Jack smiled to himself. Deja vu "I know, Carter, but we're not going to the briefing."

"We're not?"

Before Sam could give another objection, Jack got up from his chair and gave her a passionate kiss. Though she was definitely surprised, Sam found it difficult to resist.

Oh my God! What am I doing? Jack finally pushed Sam away.

"Uh...sorry," Jack weakly apologized.

Sam was so shocked from such an unlikely action from her CO that all she could do from fainting was to sit down.

"Major," Jack formally began. "Before you decide to bring me up on charges, I just want to let you know that I am no longer your CO as of 5 minutes ago."

"You're resigning?"

"Yes. It's done," Jack replied while showing Sam his resignation letter.

"Sir...I'm not going to bring you up on charges."

"No?"

Sam shook her head.

"Then I guess you wouldn't mind too much if I did this..." Jack brought Sam up to her feet and gave her another passionate kiss.



******



"A time loop, sir?"

Jack couldn't help but smile. It didn't matter how many times he went through the loops, Carter was as consistent as a metronome. After the last loop where she readily made out with him throughout his office, he thought it would be better to get her off the base first before trying that stunt again.

"That's right, Sam. I can give you the technobabble that you, yourself, gave to me about 50 time loops ago to explain it all, but that would take too long. So I'll just mention one word: Kermit."

Sam's eyes nearly popped out of her head.

"I thought that would get your attention."

"I guess it's theoretically possible."

"Yeah, I know. You said that in another loop."

"I did?"

Jack raised his hands abruptly. "We've been through all this! I don't want to talk about the time loop or subspace fields or whatever. I just want to talk to you..."

Sam was quiet for a minute. She still wasn't sure how to take her CO's behavior. "About?"

"Us."

Sam was more than quiet this time. She was speechless.

"I know that this is all very strange to you, Sam. If anyone knows how you feel, it's definitely me. But I have to do this."

Sam finally found her voice. "What's that?"

"Remember that day in the interrogation room with Freya?"

Sam nodded. "Of course. How could I forget?"

"Well we both said a lot of feelings that are obviously inappropriate to our current ranks, but I felt terrible after that."

"You did? Why is that?"

"Because that wasn't the way I wanted to tell you how I felt about you."

Sam smiled. "I understand. It was rather awkward."

"You're telling me! I might as well have had a microphone to the PA system with all the people listening in on us."

Sam giggled.

"I wanted to let you know that Sam. This time loop business has given me way too much time to think about things. I just knew that if I didn't get a chance to let you know how I truly felt under different circumstances, I would be kicking myself for the rest of my life."

Sam was visibly blushing. "Um...thank you, sir."

"Jack"

"Uh, right...Jack."

"This is probably going to be the last loop, because we figured out the translation on the altar. Since that's the case, I also wanted to do this, too." Jack came closer to Sam and gave her a sweet, tender kiss.

Sam was shocked but didn't resist. She looked at him and gave him one back.

"I take it you don't mind, Sam?"

Sam laughed. "You think?" she replied in her best Jack O'Neill imitation.

Jack gave her another longer kiss this time, which Sam easily reciprocated.

Sam pulled away abruptly.

"What?" Jack anxiously asked.

Sam had a worried look on her face. "What else did I tell you?"



******



"...were you ever tempted to...um...do something crazy? I mean...you can do *anything* without worrying about consequences..."

Jack looked at Sam without worrying what Daniel thought.

"You know, it's funny..you asked me that before."

"And?"

Jack thought of all the time loops he had a chance to get to know the real Sam and lingered on the memories where he got up the nerve to kiss her. He noticed Sam curiously looking at him and wondering why he was staring at her. Without saying anything, he smiled and took another bite of oatmeal.



******

FIN