samandjack.net

Story Notes: Email: abc1@xpres.net

Archive: Yes please. Sam & Jack, Heliopolis

Date: 6-6-00


"Wow. My head hurts." Jack noticed as he tried to sit up. He tried to remember what happened but the pain blurred his thoughts. He looked around ..The sun blinded him. He decided the best thing to do was lie back down and get over his hang over. If that is what it was.

Not knowing how long he slept, he now felt a lot better. He even relaxed as he saw Sam and the rest of his team.

"Look what we found." Sam said excitedly. "Bananas, nuts, coconuts and other good stuff." Being famished they dove in and ate until they were sleepy again.

"I need a nap." Sam said.

"Me too." Daniel chirped.

"Have I missed something?" Jack retorted looking quite confused.

"Sorry, Sir." Sam said. "We awoke early and could not find the gate but we did find all this food and water. There is a spring near by. We figured we would let you sleep it off."

Now he was aggravated. "Sleep what off?"

"The drug."

"What drug?" He snapped.

"Well as near as I can figure after we came through the gate, we were captured and drugged with some memory damaging drug." She continued. "We need to try to figure out where we are and how to get home. In the mean time we have food and water. It’s simple."

"I see simple." Her CO chided, as he wanted to wring her neck. "Here we are; no weapons, dressed like Tarzan and Jane and you think it’s easy."

"Then I must be Boy." Daniel spoke up.

Jack gave up. ‘Maybe they’ll come to their senses, the sooner the better. Unless it is the food.’ He thought. Needing to relieve himself he left his team as they settle down and nodded off like children. He found a bush and did the deed, when he heard people talking and laughing. He looked up and saw a group of people had been watching him. Now he was embarrassed and shook his fist at them, causing them to laugh louder.

Jack rushed back to his team. They were waking up and going to eat again.

"Stop!" He said. "The food is drugged. It makes you so relaxed you have no cares."

There were mild protests but they were too relaxed to care.

"Let’s take a look around."

Every time they came to a clearing they were pointed at and laughed at.

"I feel like a monkey in a damn zoo." Jack said.

"That is it!" Sam said. "We are in a zoo, caged."

They tried to get closer to the people to talk to them but on each side of them was a high fence. The more they protested the more the folks laughed.

"They’re not quite human." Danny volunteered. "They probably want to study us."

"Or we’re just the entertainment."

"Sir, I think they see us as a lower form of animal, as monkeys."

"Ya think." Was all Jack could say. "Let’s get back out of their sight."

As darkness came they circled the premises to find a way out. There was none; the entrance was chained.

Teal'c in his fashion said. "O'Neill, I believe I have a solution. If we were to dig under we may get out." So they dug and found the fence was buried deep to prevent such a plan from working.

Again Teal'c spoke. "It will take some time but if we were to dig each night we may get free. We will need to perform during the daytime to avoid suspicion."

"Perform?"

"You will see, O’Neill."

As soon as the sun appeared they left their digging and went back to acting the part of cute captives. They had to eat but only enough to keep their strength up. Jack vowed to eat next to nothing. Thus he was not as relaxed and as playful as the rest of the team.

While they ate he tried once more to reason with the audience, which was even bigger as word got around of the new display. But again the same results.

Suddenly there was applause and a noise behind him. There was Sam dancing around trying to entice him with her actions.

"Oh for crying out loud." He decided to hide most of the food. "You’re going on a diet, my dear."

As Sam got closer he realized he had to play along. Jack took her in his arms to perform for the audience, but holding her like that gave him the urge to perform, as he would like to in private. Being the most sensible of the team, well at the moment. He held himself back, no easy task for a man in his condition. Sam, having fewer inhibitions do to food, started rubbing herself against him. The crowd went silent with expectations.

Daniel and Teal'c realized Sam was out of control and had the presence of mind to act as contenders for the only female. After a small scuffle, Jack ran off to supposedly lick his wounds. Sam took it serious and ran off in the other direction. She was unsure of why the two were acting that way.

The crowd walked off to see what was in the next cage.

After calming down, they all sauntered back to the food area. They decided to dig more at night and play less in the day. It only took them a few nights of serious digging and the same amount of days of playing contenders for Sam’s favors.

As soon as the sun appeared they went back to acting like foolish playful monkeys. Which caused Jack to voice an "Oh for crying out loud" on a number of occasions.

Soon they were free and racing for the gate.

"Dial Daniel!" The colonel shouted. Dawn came and they could see their captors were approaching fast with dart guns and nets.

As soon as they were able they jumped through the gate. Tumbling out on to the SGC's ramp. There was General Hammond staring at them in their jungle garb and Danny asleep with a dart protruding from his rear.

"What happened?" General Hammond paused looking at Daniel. "Get yourself to the infirmary. We’ll debrief when you’re released and DRESSED."

All anyone heard was Jack’s "Oh for crying out loud."



The end