samandjack.net

Story Notes: There's a mention of Children of the Gods, I'm not sure what else. Nothing major and definitely not past second season.
First this story is dedicated to the current stars in my fan fic writing sky, my beta readers Sam and Lauren, you guys did a great job! The second dedication is to the whole SJ'er list. Of all the lists I'm on this is the only one that I'm not in lurk mode. You guys constantly inspire me with your kindness, friendliness and great writing. And I'm not just projecting this. On with the show.
Sorry for the lame title but after days of thinking about it this was the best I could do. I forgot to mention feedback, I live for feedback, I crave feedback and if nobody sends me any I'll never write again. Some of you might think this is a good thing so even if you want to say that, write to me.


~Sam~



Rise and fall.

Breathing is such a complicated thing when you think about it. All the parts doing their work, all you need is for just one to fail and you might be gone forever. I'd rather not think about it.

Rise and fall.

His chest moves with the rhythm of his breathing, rising and falling beneath my cheek, reminding me that I am not alone in this, that I will never be alone as long as I have him. His arms are around me tightly as if he will never let go. He's scared just like I am, even in his sleep.

Rise and fall.

It's a good way to preserve body heat in a cell where the very blocks of stone radiate the cold back at you. Can cold be radiated? Well right now it's not exactly my mission in life to find out. Besides body heat, it's a good way to start thoughts you shouldn't think. Come now Sam, I tell myself, tears will only help you both catch pneumonia and wake him up. I think I have a right to be bitter anyway.

Rise and fall.

I don't know if love is the right word for it. He's one of my best friends, he's funny, brave, loyal and darn right attractive. No one could deny that. And of course it's forbidden. No one ever said to me, "Sam, he's your CO so don't you dare jump on him and kiss him until your lips are bruised and bleeding." But it's understood. I guess the flirting is just a way of letting off frustration. So do I love him? It's not as if I've ever been given a chance to find out. I'm even more uncertain how he feels about me. But one thing is undeniable. Sometimes when I look at him and know I can't have him it hurts so much that my chest contracts and breathing is nearly impossible.

Rise and fall.

I shiver and his hand tightens around my waist, he murmurs into my hair. Damn pneumonia! How can I not cry when I think what might have been. We're going to die. At least Daniel and Teal'c are okay. But Jack and me, we're screwed, we've been conquered at last. These moments may be some of our last. Breathe, Jack, Breathe. Let me feel your chest rise and fall beneath my cheek until the sun rises. I want to stay awake so I can make the most of my time left but I'm tired.

Fate is cruel and so I sleep.



~Daniel~



They should have been back hours ago. It was a simple retrieval mission, SG-9 made the ultimate mistake of not checking all their gear was still with them when they went home. Friendly natives that lot, just a pity they feel the need to borrow people's equipment worth thousands of dollars.

SG-9 was tired and wanted to rest and most of the other teams were busy or on down time. Our team was really the only one ready to go out again but I was studying a new artifact and Dr Frasier was running tests on Teal'c. So Sam and Jack said they'd go by themselves. "We'll frighten the natives until they give it back." Jack joked and Sam rolled her eyes. She says she doesn't like to encourage him.

It should have taken a few hours at the most with Jack saying some acid comment about looking after your toys properly when they came back. But they haven't come back. Even Teal'c looks worried and that's a rare enough occurrence. Hammond told us we couldn't go until we'd sent a probe through. After all, anything could have happened. The probe went through and showed us what was on the other side. There were no bodies, no scorched trees, nothing. Teal'c and I went through with SG-2, hoping to find something, anything, to tell us what had happened to them. We walked to the nearest village. The streets were deserted but we could hear howls of grief coming from the council house. The chieftain appeared tearing his clothes in grief.

"What has happened, lord of the village?" I asked him courteously.

"We grieve for the village has lost many of it's sons and daughters." He told me. "The most high queen Amounet has punished us by taking them."

I know it's wrong, that Sha're is probably gone forever but I wanted to see her. Like seeing her would cure the dull ache where my heart used to be.

"What happened to the strangers, dressed like us?" I asked frantically and my hopes sank with his answer.

"They were taken to the giant ring with the others, the queen Amounet seemed most pleased to see them." I almost sat down in shock. They could be anywhere, on any number of planets. How will we ever find them?

Well one good thing came out of this. The chief gave us the fucking piece of equipment back.



~Jack~



Love's a funny thing. One day you can walk around ignoring it and the next, it hits you like a punch to the gut. Sam and I retrieved the equipment from some kid who thought it was a neat thing to play with, pity we dropped it later in all the fuss. I can't help thinking that if we'd left just a minute earlier none of this would have happened. But it did happen and we have to deal with it. Amounet's people were so fast that we didn't even get a chance to fight. I must say she seems to be doing rather well without her king.

When they separated me and Sam all I could think was 'I might never see her again'. They marched us through the gate, four guards each after disarming us, as far apart as could be. Imagine my surprise when after bashing me up a little, they showed me to the same cell as her. She was unharmed and I thanked whatever gods there are, not counting the goa'uld. I wasn't that badly harmed but she cleaned up my wounds.

"Are you sure you're okay?" she asked, the concern showing in her eyes and my heart melted. But instead of saying something worthwhile to her I gave her a throwaway line about it being nothing downtime and a beer couldn't cure. When night came and we'd figured out that there was absolutely no chance of escape Sam crawled over and lay down next to me saying something about sharing body heat. I put my arms around her and a thought just came to me unbidden.

"I love Samantha Carter." I do love Sara, sortof, but I'm not in love with her anymore. My heart doesn't beat wildly when I see her like it does when I see Sam. I know it'll never beat that way for anyone but Sam.

I drifted off to sleep later on and Sam's tears awakened me, wet against my shirt. I didn't let her know I was awake because she looked so tired and I hoped she would sleep. When she finally did I studied her, so beautiful and deceivingly fragile looking and yet so strong. I wish she could be mine.



~Teal'c~



I am concerned for Daniel Jackson. The mention of the goa'uld who took his wife has left him disturbed. He tries to hide it but I see it in his eyes. O'Neil and Captain Carter have been gone more than a day and General Hammond has called a meeting to discuss their situation. We take our places and he begins.

"We all know that Colonel O'Neill and Captain Carter are missing. I wish it were not the case but the president says that there will be no search." I move to stand up and General Hammond raises his hands to say that he is not finished. "There are too many planets to check, if we had some idea of where they were it would be different. You may search the planets when you explore on schedule." He pauses and looks at Daniel Jackson and I. "I'm sorry." He says with sorrow in his eyes and I know that he means it.

I sit back down fully and settle in my seat. There is nothing I can do but I will not abandon hope.



~Jack~



When Amounet set her guards to fetch us the next morning I think I got the fright of my life. From imagined nice warm bed to J'affa guards would be a big step for anyone. The J'affa didn't wait for us to get up, just dragged us to or feet and marched us along. Sam didn't look scared, she looked strong. I'd like to imagine that I looked the same. But there was no doubt in either of our minds that we were marching to our deaths so when I held out my hand to her she placed hers in it and when I squeezed it, she squeezed mine back. Right then I didn't give a damn what the J'affa thought because Sam was holding my hand and I loved her. What a schmuck huh? I vowed then that I'd tell her before we died. Now we stand in front of Amounet and she looks as impressive as a queen can be.

I wonder if Sha're is in there somewhere looking out. What would it be like to be a prisoner in your own body? If I ever get taken over by a goa'uld I want to be killed, I've told Sam that before.

"Kneel!" Amounet commanded and we obeyed, after all what's the point of feeling pain because of pride. "I have decided your fates." She says in that eerie voice that always gives me the creeps. "Why waste two members of the famed SG-1 when they can be used as tame pets." She sneers. My heart stops. "You, Jack O'Neill will work in the mines with the rest of the slaves like a common man." Then she turns to Sam. "You shall be as my maid, doing my bidding in everything." She pauses and Sam and I look at each other. We'll find a way to get away somehow. I know we will. "You may see each other at nightfall." Amounet adds almost absentmindedly.

I lean into Sam, placing my forehead on hers and she touches the side of my face. "It'll be okay," I whisper "We've been in heaps tighter spots than this before."

Sam laughs. "Hell, we've even died." She says.

The guards take my arms and the last thing I see as they remove me is Sam having chains locked on her like a convict, her eyes bore into mine even from this distance.

Nightfall seems a long way away.



~Teal'c~



They have been gone two months now and everyone walks around sadly. No one smiles when I am around. Perhaps they think they shall offend me. Daniel Jackson has invited me to his house for a great Earth male tradition. He says it is called "Getting Drunk." Although my symbiote does not allow drunkenness I will drink alcohol with him and celebrate our comrade's lives.

I arrive at his house with a packet of six beers. I heard from O'Neill that this is the traditional gift. I wish he were here to share in it. He and Captain Carter. They used to joke a lot. O'Neill said she had yet to armwrestle him and Captain Carter replied that she did not want his feelings hurt so she would not and Jack would laugh. Friendship is being able to joke with your friends. Two of my friends are gone now. I have only Daniel Jackson and Dr Frasier.

Daniel Jackson invites me in and tells me to sit down. We open beers and begin to talk. He tells me of the first time he met Jack, of how he was a very different man then, of the mission to Abydos where nearly everything went wrong. A few beers later he tells me of when he met Captain Carter.

"God, they were annoyed with each other when they first met." He laughs, "They had a real big bickering thing going on."

"I do not think O'Neil would have liked her if she had not stood up to him, he likes her because she is as strong as he is." I tell him.

Daniel Jackson nods. He is very drunk, I can tell by they way he snorts. "You know," he says in a slurred voice. "Maybe I'm just projecting but I think there was something going on between those two."

I raise my eyebrows, wondering what projecting is.

"I think they were in love. At least I'm pretty sure Jack was." He pauses. "Damn near got him to confess too!" he says thumping his fist on the table.

The sudden movement is too much for him and Daniel Jackson passes out snoring. I carry him to his bed, take off his shoes, put the covers over him then go downstairs to sleep on the couch.

Sometimes I wish that I could get drunk.



~Sam~



I don't know how many days have passed but it's been a couple of months at least. The days all seem to blend into each other now and sometimes I think death would have been better than this endless waiting and not knowing.

In the daytime I trail around after Amounet, doing anything she wishes in some slave girl costume that she thought up. My chains are lightweight but effectively stop me from running. Not that I would run without Jack. Only at night time are my chains removed and I'm allowed my own clothes again.

Night time is my haven in this hell, when they take me back to the cell again. Jack and I are allowed to eat dinner together, It's never first class, but it's food. My standards have gone down a lot since coming here.

After dinner we talk. It's hardly 'Hi honey, I'm home how was your day.' Because we know how each other's days were. Always the same. Jack works in the mines and I'm the tame pet. No, we talk about everything and nothing, some nights we make lists of things we miss. Like a movie we'd planned to see with the guys which is probably out of theatres now, a weekend with Cassie, General Hammond ordering us around good naturedly, Daniel getting excited over an artifact, Teal'c's confusion over 'pop culture', icecream, beer. Little things and big things. Things we used to never think about. Now they're the things that keep us sane.

But Jack is different tonight, he seems almost hesitant. We've changed since we came here, we can anticipate each other's feelings now, so I wait for him to say what he's going to say. Jack finally stops pacing and sits a few steps away from me, kneeling and rocking on his heels a little bit. "I can't take this anymore." he says, clearly frustrated. "I love you Sam." He says and the shock must show on my face because he raises a hand. "Wait, let me finish, I loved you before we came here, but now." He shakes his head. "You are everything to me, you are the only reason I'm still alive. I couldn't cope with this without you."

And he kisses me.

His kiss is feather light, just a slight pressure against my lips and oh so beautiful. One of my first thoughts besides 'wow' is 'this is against regulations, they won't allow this'. But the truth hits me finally. There is no 'they' anymore, we'll probably never see 'they' again and who fucking cares what 'they' think when this is what I want the most.

Mistaking my hesitation for a no, Jack pulls back. "I'm sorry," he says but I don't let him finish. I wrap my hands around his face and press my lips to his, hard and demanding. When we finally break apart panting, tears run down my face. Tears of joy and regret for waiting this long. Jack wipes them away and starts to say he's sorry again. That man is such a fool. I shake my head at him.

"I love you too." I say and it explains everything. We make love passionately and fast then slowly and sweetly, taking plenty of time. At one stage I start to cry again and he kisses my tears away, whispering that everything will be okay and as long as I have him I know it will be.



~Daniel~



Did you know that officially there's no SG-1 anymore? It's just SG-2 and upwards. Teal'c and I are now in SG-4. They didn't have as many people as the other teams so we got lumped with them.

God my head hurts, if Jack were here he'd make a bad joke about me not being able to hold my liquor and Sam would pretend it wasn't funny just to annoy him. I shouldn't have gotten so drunk last night. I walk downstairs and Teal'c is awake and waiting for me so we drink orange juice and eat cornflakes together before going to the base. People have stopped whispering and looking away when we walk past now. In the beginning they'd say 'They're the ones who lost their team members' and then there would be this big hush. We both hated it. Finally Teal'c tipped over a table in frustration and after that everyone just plain avoided us.

Even though we officially belong to SG-4 they haven't really accepted us. We don't do things with them in downtime or sit with them in the cafeteria. They established their group before we came and we don't fit in. Maybe in time that'll change, maybe not.

We haven't heard about Amounet in awhile, there are no leads on Sam and Jack. If they've been turned into goa'uld I know they'd want us to kill them. But I could never do that so I have to hope with all my heart that they're still themselves.

Jack almost told me he was in love with Sam once, I swear he would have if some flyboy lieutenant hadn't walked into the locker room. We were talking about Lieutenant Munro who was in love with Sam. "He's never going to do anything about it." Jack had said.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because he's too much of a coward." Jack said like it was obvious. "And besides, she doesn't feel that way about him."

I laughed "And how do you know that Jack, has she told you?"

A worried expression crossed his face briefly. "No," he said slowly "But she didn't know who he was when I mentioned him."

I laughed again. "Worried were you Jack? That someone was going to steal her from you?"

Jack looked indignant "Of course not, she's not mine to steal from." His eyes glazed over with a far away look "But God, is she were mine..." he stopped suddenly and gave me a frightened look, as if just realising what he'd said.

"You're in love with her aren't you?" I asked.

Jack opened his mouth to reply and Roberts came bursting into the locker room with his buddies, chatting and oblivious. Jack, the coward, took his chance to escape and I shook my head in disgust and decided to ask him again after he came back from P4X103, except of course he never did and I'm left here, still waiting.



~Jack~



It's nearly sunset and I stare at the sun, willing it to go down faster until one of the guards notices I've stopped working and hits me on the head with his weapon. Only enough to knock me to the ground. The first stars have come out now, even though the sun is still above the horizon. I hate a lot of things about this place, I hate the shitty food, I hate the fact that I can only see Sam at night but and I hate that I can't recognise the stars. I miss the constellations I used to know.

My fellow prisoners can't figure me out. I'm treated just like them and yet every night I'm led away. I don't understand what they're talking about most of the time, but sometimes they're nice enough to speak english. Apparently one of the system lords taught it to them.

Finally it is night, blessed night. The guards lead me away and my heart skips a beat at the thought of seeing Sam again. We're different these days, her and me. From what we can tell of the seasons it's been about a year since we came here. We've both changed a lot. I don't tell as many bad jokes and Sam hardly ever says anything scientific. When she does I actually listen, I've got a theory that I've become smarter since I came here. We can usually tell what the other is feeling and we've begun to finish each other's sentences off.



This evening Sam has gotten back to the cell before me and she's waiting with the food. She stands as soon as I enter and makes a strangled noise in her throat. My hand goes towards my head and I realise there's still blood on my face from when the guard hit me. Using water and cloth she cleans my face quickly and I kiss her when she's done to show her how much I missed her during the day. She kisses me back eagerly, our lips melding and I forget that I was ever hurt. She breaks off and says "Come we must eat dinner before it gets cold."

And I let her lead me to where or food is laid out. She doesn't ask me about the cut, she knows if I want to talk about it I will. "The guard caught me not paying attention," I finally tell her and her concern shows plainly on her face.

"Jack, you've got to be more careful," she tells me. "What's going to happen if one day they hit you so hard you don't wake up. I'd be left here without you and I couldn't handle that." She stops and forces me to look into her eyes. "Promise me you'll be more careful from now on." She says.

"I promise I'll be more careful, and I'm sorry." I say and I raise her hands to my lips and kiss them.

She smiles, "You're just too plain smooth for your own good, Jack O'Neill."

I think she looks older than she used to and I know I do. It's got nothing to do with the face, the age shows in the eyes. We can't trust anyone except each other and that does things to you. Things that can't be healed by bandages. I brush her cheek lightly with my fingers. If Sam wasn't here I think I'd be tempted to kill myself. We've long since given up hope on a rescue and sometimes I think that without her, death would be better than the life I'd have without her.

"Come to bed Jack." Sam says, taking my hand and pulling me up from the floor and I follow her willingly.



~Teal'c~



Millions of planets and SG-7 thinks they have found the one. It was a routine day for Daniel Jackson and I until SG-7 came back through the gate before they were supposed to. We were called to the debriefing room and when we came they told us the news. SG-7 thinks they have found the planet that O'Neill and Captain Carter were taken to. Every team that is available is to go through including Daniel and I. SG-9 is glad to. They still feel guilty after all this time. We gate through and begin to walk, SG-7 leading the way. When we get to a huge hill everyone stops and looks. There are thousands of slaves in the mining pit and there is a palace on the opposite side. We make our way down the hill slowly, grateful for the tree cover. As a slave walks past the leader of SG-6 grabs him and drags him into the undergrowth. After realising we speak english he communicates haltingly.

"Have you come to rescue us?" he asks with hope in his eyes and we nod. "Do you want me to get the stranger from your land?" As soon as he's asked that he scurries off and when he comes back he has someone who looks like a stranger.

Then I realise that it is O'Neill. His hair is much longer although he is clean-shaven. His clothes are old and patched and his face is weary. Then he spots Daniel Jackson and I and reaches out to hug us. I allow it because I am so glad to see him. "We have to get Sam." he says and there are murmurs of agreement from everyone.

"How are we going to do that?" a soldier asks.

O'Neill just takes the soldier's weapon and walks away. He walks into the fringe of the slaves, holds the gun in the air and fires it. The crack of the bullet leaving the chamber causes silence and O'Neil begins to yell. "My friends have come today to set us free but they cannot do it on their own. Will you fight with us?" There is silence for a moment and then a roar rises from the crowd. They run towards the guards and attack them with digging tools and their bare hands.

"Let's go." O'Neill says to Daniel and I as the rest of the teams go to help the slaves. We run to the entrance of Amounet's giant palace, O'Neil leading the way as he bounds up the steps. He seems to know the way perfectly but at an intersection of corridors he slides to a stop as frightened servants run past. He looks in one direction and murmurs "No it's not dusk yet," then runs the other way. I know when we have arrived at the main hall. Not only by the grandeur but also by the goa'uld with the knife at Captain Carter's throat. "How lovely to see you all again," Amounet hisses at us.



~Daniel~



Jack lets out a tortured cry when he sees Sam limp in Amounet's arms. Then he sighs in relief. "She's only unconscious." He says and I wonder how he knows. Then I look at the body that was once Sha're's and now houses a monster and my heart thumps fast in my chest. She might be someone else but she's still beautiful.

"Do not come any closer or I will kill her." Amounet says and we immediately back off. "She shall accompany me to my craft as a hostage." Amounet shrugs. "Perhaps I shall let her go. Perhaps not. Now kick your weapons over here."

We all drop the weapons in our hands and kick them across the floor to her. She turns her back to us and Teal'c motions to me and I finally remember that I have a zat gun. Amounet's back is turned and I raise the gun, the tears in my heart spilling into my eyes as I pull the trigger. The energy blast hits her and her body spasms to the floor as we all run forward. As Jack cradles Sam in his arms, picking her up and arranging her piggyback on his back I kneel by Sha'ree.

"Dan-yer." She whispers touching my face with her hand. "Please you must kill me before she comes back. You must do it." Teal'c has moved away from us but stays within guarding distance.

"I can't!" I cry. "There is still hope that we can cure you." My words are sobs.

"Then you must go before she reclaims my body." Sha'ree has the same tears on her face as I. "I love you Dan-yer, now go before Amounet wakes once more."

I kiss her lips and release the hand I didn't know I was holding. "I love you, I will wait all days of time for you." I tell her and then I flee with my friends to the gate, my cheeks wet with tears.



~Sam~



I wake up and don't know where I am. I am moving, someone is running with me against their back. I don't need to look to know it's Jack. I can tell in the way his muscles are bunched, the way his fingers are closed around my legs and the way he's arranged my arms to stop me falling from my piggyback position. He stops suddenly and I look up. In the distance a ship takes off. It is Amounet. She is leaving. We are finally free. I look around, the battle is all but won by our side, Teal'c stand tall his staff weapon at the ready, Daniel dials the DHD with tears in his eyes. I bury my face in Jack's neck, planting a kiss there. His skin is salty beneath my lips. Jack turns his face and plants a feather light kiss on top of my head, his breath warm and heavy. Then we are striding through the gate, it's shimmering surface a welcome.

The base looks exactly as it did since we last saw it. Like no time has passed at all. I slide to the floor and Jack takes my hand, squeezing it. General Hammond comes up to us "Welcome home, Colonel O'Neill, Captain Carter." He says, his face beaming.

I can't help but smile back even if it is a tiny one. Then the med team take my other arm and try to lead me away but Jack doesn't let go and I don't want him to. I curse myself for my weakness but I stand there like a deer in the headlights. I can't cope without him, it's all so strange here.

"Colonel O'Neil," one of the medics says, "Please let go of Captain Carter. You'll be able to see her soon enough. Right now you both need to be checked out." And they pull me away. Jack struggles to go after and me. "If you don't quieten down we're going to have to sedate you Colonel O'Neill." I hear them say, that should get him, he hates medicine and doctoring of any kind.

We used to be so independent, now we get scared when we're not together. Oh Jack, what's become of us. I see the concern in General Hammond's eyes as I pass by and I try to be strong. But it's night time, I'm allowed to see Jack at night time, why can't I see him? Where is he? I'm jittery, I'm scared and I'm shaking. After more of a year of trusting no one else but Jack, it's hard to be surrounded by all these people. Other people get a normal love life. I get a dangerous level of co-dependency.



~Janet~



When I saw Sam I wanted to cry, she looked so lost, so alone and I wanted to say 'this isn't how it was supposed to be'. Their homecoming should have been triumphant. Instead everyone is confused. I motion for the others to leave and I hug Sam. It hurts when she doesn't hug back straight away but then she holds me so tightly that it crushes my ribs.

I do a routine checkup, she looks okay, thankgod but her eyes look frantic. "What's wrong Sam?" I ask. We used to be best friends, we confided in each other a lot.

"Where's Jack?" she asks "Why won't they let me see him? It's night time." She looks ready to cry, this isn't the Sam I used to know. The Sam I knew was strong. What has captivity done to her? I sigh.

"I'll go see if they're finished with him. Stay here until I get back." I leave her then, going down a few doors to where they're keeping Jack.

As soon as he sees me he stands up. "Can I see her now?" is his first question and Doctor Jays makes a frustrated sight.

"Can he?" I ask and Dr Jays shrugs. "Might as well, I was just waiting until you were finished." Then Jack is off at a run and I just hope he knows where to go. I turn to Dr Jays. "How is he?"

The doctor shrugs again. "Physically he appears to be fine apart from some scars, but..." he pauses, searching for the words. "He's not the man he used to be." He finishes finally. "How about Captain Carter?"

I sigh a bone weary sigh. "My findings are the same as yours." He nods and I walk back to my room where Sam and Jack should be. And they are, only not quite how I'd thought to find them. They're kissing and it's most certainly not a chaste peck on the lips.

"Ahem!" I say and they break apart startled but Jack keeps his arm possessively around Sam's waist. "Would you two NOT do that where anyone can see you!" I hiss at them. "Now behave yourselves until I come back." What if General Hammond had seen them? Or some gossiping airman?

I make my way to General Hammond's office to give my report. When I get there the rest of the people are already done and I'm the only one still to give mine. "Sir, physically there's no damage done that can't be fixed but emotionally and mentally is another matter." I pause to think what words I should use. "After almost a year in captivity, Colonel O'Neill and Captain Carter have become very co-dependant on each other. They become nervous and frightened when they're not around each other. I recommend keeping them together a lot and only removing them from each other for small periods of time for the moment." General Hammond nods, his face suddenly looks tired and old. I hope he's not blaming himself.

"Take good care of my officers," he tells me. "I'm sure in time they'll be back to military standards."

"Thank you, Sir," I reply and he waves me out of his office. I'll make definite plans for their rehabilitation with him later. I open the door to my office and just stand there. Sam and Jack don't notice, they're totally absorbed in each other. Well at least they're not kissing again. I'm going to have to keep a close eye on them if this new found relationship is going to stay a secret from the powers that be. Maybe I'll get Teal'c and Daniel to help me.

I stand there and I watch them, they're sitting on my desk, Sam's head is on Jack's shoulder and his arm is around her.

"You know Dorothy," Jack says. "I think we're finally back in Kansas."

Sam doesn't try to hide her smile.

And I smile too as I walk into the room because I know they'll be okay.



The End.