samandjack.net

Story Notes: Spoilers: Divide and Conquer

Season: 7 or beyond

Part 6 in the Exclamation Series comprising Oh Crap! Holy Hannah! For Crying Out loud! Go Figure! & Peachy!

An NC-17 version can be found on my site at:
http://www.ficwithfins.com/su%20fics/Ship/Series/Exclamation/ExS-6_cover.htm

This is a very belated addition to this series, but it had to be written because my muse said so. Actually she told me to write the NC-17 version. This version is for all those who either dislike, or are unable to read NC-17, for any reason. Thanks to Bonnie for her beta of this fic. I am ever indebted for her help, advice and assistance. The rest of this series can be found on my site at:

http://www.ficwithfins.com/su%20fics/Ship/Series/Exclamation/su_exclamation_index.htm

Email: su_freund@ficwithfins.com

Website: http://www.ficwithfins.com/

Copyright (c) 2004 Su Freund


Oh God!



Gate Room, The SGC:



"Hey, Carter, I sure hope you haven't got anything non-regulation on under that uniform. Should I take a peek; do an inspection?" He winked, looking in the direction of her now covered midriff. She would never live down that belly button ring, thought Sam, although she didn't mind the Colonel's gentle teasing. It pleased her immeasurably that, right now, he was relaxed enough around her to tease her this way.

She beamed a glorious smile in his direction, chuckling softly. Things had been great since that night on his roof. They'd got back to normal again. Well, almost. It was entirely possible that they flirted with each other more often. Instead of the discomfort that there could have been, there was an increasing degree of intimacy; little private moments that were just theirs. This was one such moment.

"I haven't, sir. You?" She teased back.

Jack returned Sam's smile with interest. Since that night, he had longed for her more than ever. It was hard, but he did not want to spoil anything or make any mistakes. He often fondly remembered the moments they had shared that night; the kiss.

Wow! That had knocked his socks off. He had only dreamed about what passion lurked behind Sam's mask; now he knew that at least some his fantasy about her was very, very real. She had hidden depths and he wanted to plumb them. He smiled inwardly at that thought, it sounded sexual. Plumb her depths. Oh yeah, he could definitely have some of that.

He had regretted not taking it further albeit that he knew it was the right thing to do. So why did it feel so wrong? Doing the right thing wasn't always the easy thing. Years of experience told him that, only never before in this particular context.

Jack found himself thinking about her more these days, fantasising about what lay under that uniform, and what he could do to that beautiful body if he got half a chance. He had pondered making that chance. We all make our own fate. He fervently believed that. Just for a change he really wanted to follow his heart and, let's face it, his groin, instead of his head.

Had he but known it, Sam felt the same way. She wished she had never left him that night; had insisted that he continue. She had an itch to scratch and it frequently nagged at her that she ought to scratch it. Sam believed that they could have some pretty hot sex and, frankly, she wanted that badly. Her mind turned to this train of thought far more than it ever had in the past. Once, she had been happy to be friends, leave it in the room. She was no longer content with that.

When she was alone she found herself fantasising about him. The fantasies could be vivid and glorious, but frustrating. She wondered how true to her fantasies Jack's technique in bed might really be. She imagined them doing it sometime in the future and him turning out to be a crap lay. If that were so she would be bitterly disappointed, despite her other feelings for him. Were her fantasies setting her up for a fall? She did not want to believe that this might happen.

Her CO was a very sexy and attractive man whose appeal had only increased with his years. He had to be good in bed and she willed that to be true. Poor Jack; he had a lot to live up to, if they ever got that far. It was probably more than a little unfair. On the other hand, he might live up to it. A girl can dream can't she?

The problem was, he was her CO. She could never forget that.

In these fantasies, her mind had ranged to the various locations and situations where they might have sex. She had thought back to that night on his roof and imagined them up there under the starlit sky. That was a favourite. She had stripped him in the locker room, imagining them in the SGC showers. Wow, that was hot. He had seduced her inside her sleeping bag while they were on a mission, quiet and slow so that they wouldn't disturb the boys. Sure, that’s really going to happen. It was getting too much for a red blooded woman to bear.

Sam had been very clear about how she felt that night. The words "I needed you to know that I still would." Echoed in Jack's head. Would still what? Stay with him for the rest of his life, as he wanted so much? Make love to him? He wanted that too. Boy did he ever! He'd had to take too many cold showers lately. He wanted to take a hot one; preferably with her. That was one of his great fantasies about her,. It made for some pretty interesting ideas about using shampoo and soap, scrubs and rubs, loofahs and sponges. In his mind he had made love to her all over his house and he recalled the rooftop kiss and imagined it turning into so much more.

Don't go there, Jack, we're about to go on a mission. He pulled himself out of the thoughts, suppressing them deeply. She, too, knew that she needed to be the professional. She couldn't let her libido get in the way of the mission.

They smiled at each other again, as they walked towards the event horizon.

"Knock, knock." Said Jack just as they were about to plunge through.

"Who's there?" Replied Sam, just managing to say it just before the wormhole ate them.

As they emerged at the other end Jack said, "Police."

"Police who?"

"Police tell me some knock, knock jokes."

They both laughed and the rest of the group looked towards them to get in on the joke. Of course, there was no way that Jack and Sam could, or even wanted to, share so they merely left their team mates puzzled.

**********

Rooftop, O'Neill's House:

It had been a pig of a mission. Three members of SG-9 were killed and SG-1 had barely made it back to the SGC with their lives in tact. They'd had to leave the bodies of Robinson, Andrews and Miles behind. Jack hated that. He'd been in charge. Poor Hammond had the unenviable task of writing letters of condolence to their families; he couldn't even tell them that their sons or husbands had died heroes. That both saddened and sickened O'Neill.

Carter had got what turned out to be a minor injury. As ever when she was injured, his heart was in his mouth until he knew she was going to be okay. Such a thing always starkly brought his feelings into focus. It wasn't all about sex, far from it. Jack's feelings for his 2IC were far more intense than to just consider what his body wanted. Sometimes he despaired that he would never get to express them to her.

"Colonel? You up there?"

Sam? He jumped and felt a shock of anticipation run through him, his body responding to the very idea of her presence here at his home. Sam!

"Hey, Carter. Should I come down?"

"I'm coming up. Knock, knock!"

"Come in." he replied slyly.

"Hey, play fair." She replied with a light laugh, "Sir." She added, belatedly.

"Shucks…oh, ok… who's there?" Jack said, all innocence. He was enjoying their playfulness; it left a warm and fuzzy feeling deep in his heart.

"Heaven." The response wafted up the ladder and Jack thought, ain't that the truth.

"Heaven who?" He continued, obligingly.

"Heaven you heard enough knock, knock jokes?"

Jack managed a groan mingled with a laugh and then her head appeared; she was there. He took a deep breath, trying to steady his racing heart. It was getting so he couldn't function anymore without thinking about being with her. He was driving himself crazy - she was driving him crazy. He gulped as she topped the ladder and came towards him. Wow! She looked beautiful; sexy and beautiful. She was smiling in that winning way he so loved, and walked towards him. He was barely breathing.

Sam was thinking how totally seducible Jack looked. She so loved him in civvies. He always wore loose fitting clothes. However much she wanted to see him in something tighter, there was an allure to his over large shirts and baggy jeans that made her want to see and touch what was under them all the more. She had been undecided what to do or say to him right up to this moment, although her insides told her exactly why she had come here, almost without cognisance.

She knew that Jack would never make any serious moves on her while he was her CO, not without her prompting. Sometimes his behaviour, like the kiss, went over the edge, but they always managed to pull themselves back from it. Her Colonel - that sounded so very good, her Colonel - would never want to take advantage of his senior position. He would be affronted if people thought anything like that. Knowing all this, she started the way she intended to continue.

"Mind if I borrow your telescope?" Her tone hinted at a cheeky double entendre and the glint in her eye confirmed it.

"What?" He was struck dumb. Was she being flirtatious? She looked it.

"Your telescope, Jack, I wanna make use of it."

Jack? He thought, looking at her agog. Her expression was one of feigned innocence, her manner definitely teasing and seductive. Jack's stomach somersaulted. Jeez! He was standing next to his telescope and she moved towards him. Exactly where I want you to be, Jack, perfect, she thought.

"Can I take a look?" She asked, touching his chest to push him gently to one side. His heart seemed to beat even faster, even at that mere whisper of a touch. It took a lot of willpower for him to resist reaching his hand to her in response.

She bent to the telescope, her eye to its lens.

"Hey look at this Jack." She said, moving slightly to one side to let him through.

"What?" he was curious about what she had seen and bent where she had stood not a moment before.

As he did so she moved closer, placing her head next to his so that they were touching. Jack held his breath and her lips lightly touched his cheek. A slight noise escaped from Jack's mouth and Sam smiled to herself, reaching her hand to move his face towards hers. Jack's eyes had closed and he was leaning into her hand. She stoked his cheek tenderly, and then urged him to stand upright along with her, suddenly cupping his face in her hands and kissing him fully on the lips.

Oh God! Jack thought he would explode. This was just a kiss and it drove him wild. What would he do if…? Get a grip Jack, he thought, this is most definitely against regs and if it continues there is going to be no going back. He pulled his mouth away from hers and searched her eyes. What the hell is going on Sam? The question in his face and eyes was plain. She read it clearly and leaned to whisper in his ear.

"Colonel O'Neill," her tone was soft and husky, conveying nothing of deference towards his rank, "if you turn me away now I may never forgive you. We watched three good men die today and I don't want that happening to us, never having done this." Her intentions were transparent; she wasn't here just for a quick hug. Alright, already, I can take a hint, he thought, not sure how much control he could be expected to exercise in these circumstances. He should push her away, reject her; but he didn't.

"In that case, Major…" His own voice matched her own in it's desire. He leaned down and kissed her, passionately, hardly pausing for breath. One hand held the back of her head to him, while the other started to undo the buttons of her blouse. Oh my God she isn't wearing a bra! His hand shook slightly with the anticipation and he caressed her, eliciting the response he wanted. She pulled away from his kiss, looking into his eyes. Undoing his shirt, her fingertips stoked the hairs on his chest so lightly that it was provocative and torturous. Jack's eyes darkened with desire.

"Oh Christ!" Jack exclaimed softly. "God, Sam…" he didn’t finish the words and she pulled her head towards him once more, possessing his lips and mouth with hers. God, oh God, oh God! Breathily, with a slight catch in his voice, he suggested they go down to his bedroom. Sam was emphatic.

"No Jack. I want to stay right here." He was surprised when she pointed to the woollen blanket he brought up there to wrap around him when it got chilly. "Right there, Jack." She whispered, pushing him towards it. She was determined to fulfil one of her fantasies, little knowing that it was shared by her admirer.

He laughed headily. "Yes ma'am." Anything to oblige a lady, he thought. Particularly you Sam, particularly you. Perhaps he wouldn't have chosen for it to be start like this but wholeheartedly hoped that it would be the first of many times they would be together. Right now he would take what he could get. He wouldn't be needing a cold shower tonight that was for sure.

He let go of her to spread out the blanket, then pulled her down onto it with him.

"Jack, take off your shirt and make love to me. Ok?" She said.

He removed his shirt and they were now both naked in the cooling air. Neither of them noticed the coolness, however, as fever had taken hold of their bodies, and they made love with a passion.

Jack cried "I love you Sam!" without meaning to say it and he regretted the words. This had not been an act of love. They had been grieving the day's loss; seeking comfort and relieving the tension that years of yearning for each other had built up within them. The act did not relate to his depth of feeling for her, and he hoped it was the same for her. He was uncertain whether this was just a one time act of sexual desire for her - the desperate need of right here and now.

Jack had never wanted his first time with Sam to be this soulless act that they had just committed. He had wanted to woo her, seduce her, make love to her slowly, and demonstrate his feelings for her through his touch. It might have been alright to say it then, but not now. He couldn't withdraw the words. They were true to his heart. He held her in his arms and she lay her head against his neck, covering it with small, delicate kisses as she did so.

"Good." She whispered throatily in response, but did not respond with the words he wanted to hear. He tried not to think about it so he didn't ruin the moment; it felt so wonderful to hold her close, feel her next to him. Swallowing disappointment that she said nothing to hint at reciprocating his feelings, he captured her eyes with his own and smiled, and then kissed the top of her head and leaned over to pull the sleeping bag over to enclose them both within its warmth.

They lay in each other's embrace for a while before she ran her finger lightly down, then up, the length of his spine and his back arched reflexively.

"Oh God, Sam!" he exclaimed as he felt his need for her build again and took her mouth in his, kissing her once more, and possessing her mouth and tongue just as she had done with him. Then he nuzzled her neck, biting her lightly so that she gasped with the joy of it. This was like her fantasy come true. It was about time, she thought. He continued to caress and her, badly wanting to make love to her again.

"Oh God…please Jack." She said so softly her could hardly hear it.

Jack chuckled to himself. Begging. That's what he wanted. He didn't mean it in any domineering way, he merely wished for her to desperately want and desire him. After teasing her further, they made love again and savoured being in each other's arms. After Jack had made love to her for a third time, deliberately trying to please her, they were both exhausted, disbelieving that they had been capable so quickly. Eventually she spoke.

"Wow, Jack, that was pretty… wow!"

"Wow?" He enfolded her in his arms, once more, and kissed her nose. "It was pretty wow for me too, Sam." He smiled with his lopsided grin that Sam loved so much and she sighed contentedly in his arms. He leaned over to pull the blanket to partially cover them and folded himself around her to keep them both warm and after a while, they fell asleep like that.

At some point later, Jack woke up and found Sam looking at him. It was starting to get chilly.

"What ya staring at?" he whispered.

"You're so… handsome." She replied shyly, blushing slightly at being caught out by him.

Jack smiled at her bashfulness after all they had done earlier, and at her words. She thought him handsome, that was good. He kissed her hair and squeezed her gently.

"Sam, are you staying?" He whispered softly, praying that she would answer in the affirmative.

"You want me to stay?" Jack nodded and kissed her again, on the mouth this time. Not passionately, but tenderly and lovingly.

"Bed?" He whispered and she nodded a response.

The expectation of waking in his arms thrilled her. His earlier declaration of love had almost stunned her and she knew it was not just Jack's passion talking but was genuinely felt and stated. It filled her with joy as the realisation of what his words meant sunk in. She had merely said "good" in response and knew how she might feel if her own declaration had been met like that. He had never acted for a second as if this meagre reply bothered him but she guessed that it did. The bedroom was the place to tell him of her heart, she thought, as they threw on enough clothes to be discreet with the neighbours, if anyone was around at that time in the morning. They tossed the rest down over the roof to pick up once they reached the bottom of the ladder.

Jack took her hand, much as he had that night of the barbecue and led her through the house to his room. Pulling back the covers he sat her down, then crouched in front of her. Hiding the wince at the protest his knees made, Jack tenderly caressed Sam's face. She smiled at him and lay down in his bed, moving over to make room for him and urging him to join her. After his roof seduction fantasy had been realised, the further fantasy of her staying with him all night enfolded in his arms looked about to come true as well. It was almost too much for him.

Lying down beside her, he held her gently, kissing her face and then pressing his lips to her forehead affectionately. Sam lightly ran her fingers through his hair and moved her head to look into his eyes. She could see his love, and fear, so clearly that it wrenched her heart. The fear spoke of his uncertainty about how she felt or where he stood with her now that their sexual passion had dwindled. Was he afraid that, for her, this was all about sex? She stroked his cheek and kissed his nose, then met his gaze again.

"I love you too Jack."

Sam thought she had never seen a more dazzling smile light Jack's face. He looked so gorgeous, if not a little boyish. She had always found his smile engaging and infectious. When the corners of his mouth turned upward and his eyes danced merrily it was hard not to return it in kind. He never seemed to do it frequently enough, which saddened her. This smile lit her whole future and was bright enough to show them both the way.

"Good." He responded as she had and kissed her lips firmly. Those words were enough and, as far as he was concerned, she need say nothing further.

Feeling more at peace than he had done in quite a while, Jack simply lay there holding Sam and caressing her hair and back. They were too tired to make love again and he determined to show her once more how he really felt when they awoke the next morning. That this could now be a regular feature of his life warmed and comforted him.

Sam was also contented. She knew they had some obstacles to overcome. It could be hard work trying to maintain this relationship but she figured it was worth striving for. There was work and the regulations; their friends and family; a wealth of history behind them that both mitigated against them and worked in their favour; and their own insular and self reliant personalities. These were simply some of the things that could stand in their way. Normally, Sam would have thought more about these barriers, delving too deeply and perhaps persuading herself to be more cautious. Tonight she cared little, wanting to live the moment and the sheer pleasure of it. She'd worry about all of that tomorrow, or the next day, or…

Sam slept with her head on Jack's chest and his arm around the crook of her neck. He woke at some point and started at her presence next to him, disbelieving of his good fortune. Sam had turned in her sleep, back towards him, and he spooned against her shape, his arm encompassing her protectively.

When Jack woke the next day she was still asleep and he propped himself up to watch her steady breathing and admire what he could see of her peaceful face. He'd seen her asleep many times, but this time was very different because he held her in his arms. Please don't wake up and go all Major Carter on me, Sam, he prayed. He knew too well what she could be like, how cautious she could be and how distant she could become.

Her scent was intoxicating, the smell of sex and perfume in her hair. He brushed her arm lightly with his hand, bending to touch his lips to her shoulder and upper arm. Then he lay down again and snuggled up to her, his arm still enfolding her in his grasp. He didn't want to let her go and hoped he wouldn't have to. Oh, God this was everything he had hoped and wished for. He feared waking to find it was a perfectly conceived and convincing dream.

When her hand slightly tightened around his and squeezed, he realised she was awake and wondered how long for. Had she been lying there wondering how to behave with him today, how to extricate herself from the situation she had instigated? As she turned she was smiling and he knew he need not doubt her, and thanked the powers for sending him to the park for a jog that day. He felt sure none of this would never have happened otherwise. Then he fervently prayed to the same powers that he would get to fulfill his shower fantasy with her this morning.


/The End/