samandjack.net

Story Notes: Email: becci.crofts@talk21.com

Archive: SJA, Heliopolis and Little Miss' SG Central. Anywhere else, please just mail me first.

Spoilers: The usual ones from "The Broca Divide", "Solitudes" and "Tin Man". They're all pretty minor though.

Notes: This fic is my take on the "Innocence" piccap, wonderfully created by Little Miss. Thanks to both her and Sally for their assistance.

"Innocence" Copyright (c) Becci Crofts 2000


Once again, I can't sleep. I never can when Jack is lying right beside me like this. The rational part of my brain reminds me there's a couple of feet, sleeping bags and clothes separating us. Yet the silence and calm of night creates an intimate atmosphere that's impossible to ignore. I would hate him for having this effect on me, but he's too damned sexy.

Giving up on sleep, I wriggle around until I'm in a position where I can see his face. I become completely still, hoping I haven't woken him. Fortunately, the only sound is the steady breath coming from his lips. Those slightly parted lips which just seem to be begging for me to kiss them. Okay, maybe it's actually me that's begging to kiss them. Whoever's doing the begging, it's taking the majority of my military training to fight the urge. Amazing how someone as sarcastic, grouchy and infuriating as him can look so adorable and innocent when he's asleep.

Suddenly, I'm snapped out of my thoughts. Jack's mouth twitches into a smile and lets out a contented sigh. It's obvious he's dreaming about something enjoyable. I spend a few moments wondering just what he could be dreaming about until I manage to catch a mumbled sentence.

"Mmm... wait, Sam... let me just get the whipped cream."

I cannot believe I just heard that. My CO is fantasising about a situation involving himself, myself and whipped cream. Yeah, I admit, I've had similar fantasies but I never thought... I don't know what I thought. And I certainly have no idea what to think now.

"Well, maybe not so innocent after all," I mutter to myself as I lay back down. I'm hoping if I don't look at him, I won't start having the chocolate body paint daydream again. That made listening to yesterday's mission briefing difficult. My imagination just prefers naked, chocolate covered Jack to planets with too many trees.




~*~*~*~*~*




I can barely breathe because I'm trying so hard not to laugh. I can't believe she just fell for that. Does she actually think I'm ever gonna be able to sleep with her fidgeting next to me? She does this every damn time. Sometimes she spends hours just staring at me. Can't be really annoyed with her though. I do the same when I get the chance. And I'm kinda proud of the fact that the stunning Samantha Carter loses sleep over me. Yes, I'm extremely proud of that.

But what was that "maybe not so innocent after all" about? Since when have I shown the slightest trace of innocence? Is that what she thinks I look like when I'm asleep?! Hell, if she knew the kinds of dreams I had... let's just say I'd never be able to look her in the eye again. I mean, I can barely do that now without wondering where that mole is. I've spent way too many mission briefings theorising about that. God, I hope I get to find out one day.

Then my mind always wants to move onto a certain, very cute, little tank top number. That's a dangerous memory that I have to try and stay away from in briefings. Once my mind goes there, it's kinda hard to drag it back. Part of me wishes that I'd lost as much control as she had by that point. Sure as hell would've been the closest I'll ever come to finding out what it'd be like. Of course the rest of me is disgusted that I'd think of taking advantage of her. I'd rather something like that happened because she wanted it to, not because our brains were just too primitive to tell us it was wrong. Still, there's no harm in just imagining it... right?

Ah, hell. Seems the chance of me getting any sleep has gone down to zero too. And, thank God, there's no need to share body heat on this planet. Tonight, it definitely isn't my side-arm.




~*~*~*~*~*




A few hours after our return through the Stargate and we're all sat around a table in the commissary. To an outsider, everything would seem to be fine. But after years of working with these guys, Teal'c and I can tell when something is up. Just a slight change in how far apart they sit or the looks they give each other, that's all I need to judge

Today has to be first day that they have me confused. If they get much closer, they'll be sharing a chair. Obviously they're not angry with each other. But the looks that keep shooting between them, well they're not exactly amiable. I think it's best described as an air of competition, rivalry. Yeah, like they're silently challenging each other. Every few seconds, one will glare at the other but there's always mischief in the accompanying smirk. Guess it's just another of the games those two insist on playing.

I shrug off the puzzle as I cast a glance over to Teal'c. He's observing the interaction with a raised eyebrow. Deciding the desert sat in front of me needs something extra, I once again turn to the Jaffa seated next to me.

"Teal'c, could you pass me the whipped cream?"

I'm thinking I don't want to know why Jack just spat his coffee all over his plate. Or, for that matter, why Sam's choking on the mouthful of salad she was about to swallow.




The end.



End Notes: Hope ya enjoyed it! Feedback's greatly appreciated.