samandjack.net

Story Notes: Email: SamAstarte99@AOL.com

Category: S/J, long drabble/short fic?

No spoilers


"Make a wish, Sam!"

Cassie's simple words evoke more emotions and thoughts than she'll ever know. If only it were as easy as tossing a penny into the fountain and wishing for Colonel Jack O'Neill's arms around me. Wishing for his caress. His kisses. His love. His desire. For him.

It's not as if I'm obsessed. Far from it, but whose mind wouldn't wander just a bit when Jack O'Neill was in their presence for about 80% of the time? I'm not saying he's perfect... No, definitely not perfect. He has a rough past, and that causes him to shut off his emotions a lot. He makes jokes at the most inopportune times--usually when we think we're about to die. He may not be educated in quantum mechanics or astrophysics, but he does know more than people seem to give him credit for. It's as though he enjoys playing dumb, and asking me about my 'scientific technobabble', but usually his eyes glaze over after the first minute or two. But I laugh at his jokes, and I'm willing to be patient, I'll wait for him to open up to me.

"Sam?"

Well then, my mind was wandering quite a bit, now Daniel and Cassie are looking a little confused, while Colonel O'Neill has raised his eyebrow and is half-smiling. He always does that when I get lost in deep thought, or as he says, when I 'daydream'.

I guess making that wish couldn't hurt.




--------

The End