samandjack.net

Story Notes: Feedback: Hopefully that goes back to me. roxette@ilos.net

Category: S/J and D/J (Just a little)

Rating: G, I think or it could be PG

Archive: SJA and anywhere else.

Thanks: To Sarah, she told me it was good so far. :)

Oh ya:


Moving her head from side to side, Sam let her feet tap to the beat. Closing her eyes, she imagined the video playing in her head. She wasn't a fan of his but the song had a good beat to it.

Opening her eyes, Sam knew that her work would go unfinished for the rest of the song, or for the whole entire day. She was bored of working. She wanted to do something different. Turning her chair around, she looked out of the window and down at the gate. She had choose the briefing room to do her work in. General Hammond was up on the surface talking to the president or something. She couldn't quite remember what it was that he had said. She would of worked in her lab, but after sitting in one room for so long, a person could get extremely claustrophobic in there. So she moved. And that she knew the Colonel would eventually come visit her. If she moved, it would take him a little longer to find her.

The mountain was pretty quiet. Six teams were off world and the rest, including SG-1 had a few days off. Turning back to her work, she closed the file before her and pushed it in the middle of the table. Pushing repeat on her cd player, she waited for the song to start all over. When it did, this time around she got up and started to dance.

Not only was her head moving from side to side, her whole body was moving. She was making up her own dance steps as she went along but she didn't care. It had been a very long time since her last dance class before her mom had died. Spinning in circles, Sam hummed along with the music.

Jack tried her lab, Janet's office, Daniel's lab, the cafeteria, the gate room and everywhere else he thought she'd be. No luck. No one had seen the Major. It was almost as if she had vanished. But finally, right before he was about to give up and head back to his office to do some work, actual work, an airmen told him that he had remembered seeing Major Carter heading up to the briefing room. Thanking the airmen, Jack headed up in that direction.

Not only was the airmen right, but Jack found her to be dancing and humming, well singing to a song that he had never heard of before. When he walked into the room, he heard her sing "Well if it looks like love should be a crime/You'd better lock me up for life/I'll do the time with a smile on my face/Thinking of her in her leather and lace..." Then she'd hum a little and continue to sing. "When she moves, she moves/I go crazy/'Cause she looks like a flower but stings like a bee..."

Jack was enjoying himself and he didn't have the heart to interrupt her. So he leaned on the nearest chair and just watched. He didn't want to disturb her. She seemed to be enjoying herself too much.

Swinging her arms around, Sam spun around a few times but as she did she kept her eyes closed. Although, when the song came to an end, she finally opened them. Big mistake.

Ripping her earphones off, Sam was speechless. She never had a clue that Jack was in the room with her. She had been in her own little world. "Ssssiiirrr." She was embarrassed.

"Major." Jack was trying his best not to laugh. "Getting lots of work done?"

"I was taking a break, sir," Sam managed to answer as she turned her cd player off and moved back to the table. Retrieving her files, she continued. "I was just leaving, sir."

"You don't have to, Major. You can stay."

"Actually, I think I should be going, sir."

"You sure you don't want to dance anymore?" Jack asked. He was loving every minute of this. This was blackmail and he knew she knew it but wasn't going to mention it.

"No sir. I have to go, sir."

Trying to keep a straight face, Jack continued on. "You know, I don't think I saw the whole complete dance. And by the way, what song were you listening too?"

"Umm... I can't remember the name," Sam lied as she scooted pass him.

When she was gone, Jack chuckled. He had caught her red-handed and he enjoyed every minute of it. Especially her dancing. To him it look like she had danced before. She knew what she was doing.



*****



Making a mad dash for the infirmary, Sam finally stopped when she came to a stop beside Janet. "Hide me."

Looking up from her clipboard, she was doing inventory, Janet questioned her friend. "Ah, why?"

"Because I'm so embarrassed," Sam answered as she jumped when some one walked into the infirmary.

"Hey Janet."

Watching Sam, Janet saw that she was nervous. "Yes Daniel," she answered as she turned to look at him.

"Oh sorry, didn't see you there Sam."

"That's okay," Sam replied as she hopped up onto an empty bed. "Continue on."

"Okay," Daniel replied, a little unsure of Sam's behaviour. But he didn't question it. "Got a band-aid."

"Of course, Daniel. What did you do?" Janet said as she dropped her clipboard on the bed next to Sam and walked over to Daniel.

"Let's just I wasn't paying attention," Daniel told Janet. But both their heads snapped around to look at Sam when they heard her groan. Continuing on as Janet took care of him, Daniel questioned his friend. "Sam? You okay?"

"No, I'm not okay," Sam admitted as she put a pillow over her head. "Why me?"

"Problems Major?" Some one new asked.

Pulling the pillow off, Sam stared across the infirmary. "No sir."

"You sure you didn't pull anything?"

"No sir, I'm sure."

"You positive?" Jack questioned with a concern look on his face. He knew Sam was there to talk to Janet not because she hurt herself. But he just had to ask.

"Yes sir," Sam answered as she hugged the pillow. Rather tightly. "Are you following me?"

"Nope not at all. Just thought I'd go for a walk."

"Ah."

"Heard any good songs lately?" Jack just had to ask.

Loosening her grip on the pillow, Sam pulled it up in front of her face and groaned into it. Jack was enjoying this to much. He had a piece of good blackmail on her. And she knew it.

Finish applying the band-aid to Daniel, Janet turned back around. "Colonel, can I help you with something?"

"No, just strolling," Jack answered as he looked to Sam. "Can I borrow that walkman of your's, Major?"

"I don't have it, sir," Sam lied. It was right beside her.

"Oh, all right," Jack gave in for the time being. "See you later, Doctor, Major, Doctor."

When he was gone, Daniel turned towards Janet and spoke. "Did we miss something here?"

"I think so, but don't ask me what. I got no clue. Sam?" Janet replied.

"Go away Daniel, I have to talk to Janet alone. Girl talk," Sam said through the pillow.

Eyeing Janet then Sam, Daniel shrugged his shoulders as he agreed. "Sure no problem, see you later's."

Pulling the pillow down, Sam checked to see if Daniel had left. When she saw that he was gone, she dropped down onto the bed. "I'm a dead woman."

"Why?" Janet didn't understand any of what had just happened.

"Grab a chair and I'll explain," Sam told her friend. "And what I say, stays between just us."

"Sure, of course."

A little while later, after Sam explained all the embarrassing facts and details to Janet.

"Your commanding officer saw you dancing," Janet repeated for what seemed like forever. "Oh Sam, that's not good. Do you realize he's going to use this against you. Remember, this is Jack."

"Yes, yes, yes and yes. I know Janet," Sam told her friend. "How do you think I feel right now?"

"Oh ya," Janet remembered. Sam had said she was totally embarrassed. "So what are you going to do?"

"What can I do?"

"I don't know."

"So why'd you ask? I guess I'm just going to have to stick it out."

"What song were you dancing too?" Janet just had to ask. She knew Sam hadn't told her.

"You really wanna know?"

"Of course."

"You have to promise not to tell Jack, thou."

Sticking up her right hand and displaying three fingers, Janet spoke. "Girl Guides honour."

"Okay," Sam said as she bought it. "Ever hear of Ricky Martin."

"Ya."

"His new song. She Bangs."

"You were dancing to that?" Janet questioned. "We're you singing?"

"Ah sort of. A verse or so."

"What verse?" Janet really hoped it wasn't the title. If Jack had heard it, he'd never leave Sam alone.

"I don't know," Sam told her friend. "Why do you ask?"

But Janet never had time to answer, instead a page came into the infirmary through the P.A. system. "Major Carter and Dr. Fraiser to the briefing room."

When the page ended, Janet looked to Sam. "What's wrong?"

"I don't want to go."

"Sam."

"I bet you fifty bucks, the instant I walk into that room, he'll start picking on me."

"I won't take the bet, because I know," Janet answered as she got up from her chair. "Come on, I'll protect you."

Gathering all her courage, Sam needed it, she jumped off the bed, grabbed her walkman and spoke. "One little detour on the way to the briefing room."

"Sure."



*****



"Good, you're all here," The General announced as he walked into the briefing room.

Sam and Janet had just made it to the briefing room. Sam had wanted to drop her walkman off at her quarters. But before they left, she actually hid the walkman. She told Janet she did it just in case Jack would snoop around her quarters. Of course, Janet just laughed.

"Major?"

Looking up from her lap, Sam hadn't realized that the General hadn't started yet. "Yes sir?"

"You all right?" He asked. He wanted everyone paying attention.

"Yes sir. Go ahead, sir," Sam answered as she avoided Jack's eyes. She knew he was watching her and she knew if she looked at him, she'd turn bright red. Looking at the General, she concentrated on him.

"Thank you, Major," Hammond replied as he leaned on the head chair and cleared his voice before starting his little speech. "While I was on the surface, I brought up a certain holiday that is approaching, rather quickly I must say, to the President. He gave me the go ahead to let SGC throw a Christmas party in the gate room. All SGC personnel are invited. No outside family members, I'm afraid. Major Carter, you father is welcome to join us."

Looking down at her watch, Sam finally realized that Christmas was just around the bend. Looking up, she answered the General. "I'll send him a message, sir."

"That's a start," the General replied as he faintly heard Doctor Jackson say something. "What was that Doctor Jackson?"

Looking from Teal'c who was giving him an odd look, Daniel repeated himself. "I said cool, sir. And that I'd explain our Christmas tradition to Teal'c later on."

"Very good," The General replied as he looked around the room. Teal'c didn't know to much about Earth's traditions. Daniel could explain it to him, but he wasn't sure if Daniel would give him the long speech or the short speech. And he made a note to himself, he wasn't going to stick around to find out.

Looking around the room also, Janet bit her lip when she saw the look that Jack was giving Sam. Looking pass Jack, she spoke up. "Is there anything we have to bring to this party, sir?"

"I was thinking of making it a pot luck party."

"That's sounds good," Janet agreed as she spied a look to Sam.

"And it will be a casual party. No uniforms," The General informed. "Now, go out and spread the word."

Raising his hand like a school kid, Colonel O'Neill, ah, Jack spoke up. "Ah General."

"Yes Colonel."

"What time, sir?"

"Oh yes, sorry. The party starts at three on the twenty-third," the General explained as he looked around the room. "If there are no more questions, everyone is dismissed."



*****



After leaving the briefing room, Janet had pulled Sam aside.

"So since the twenty-third is approaching fast, do you have anything to wear to the party?" Janet questioned.

"Ya, what I'm wearing now." She was wearing her green pants and a black t-shirt.

"No way! The General said no uniforms."

"Okay, fine. Just some jeans and a sweater than," Sam answered as Jack, Daniel and Teal'c wandered by.

"Ladies," Jack greeted as he didn't bother to stop.

"Please get me out of here," Sam told Janet.

"I thought you'd never ask," Janet said as she grabbed her arm. "Come on, let's go."

Finally arriving at Music City, Janet, on the ride down to the mall, kept asking Sam if that was, the song on the radio, Ricky Martin's song. The radio was playing all his old stuff. So Sam decided that Janet would have to listen to the song and she knew Music City would have it.

Holding on earphone to her left ear, Janet spoke while the music started. "Good beat."

"Just listen to the whole song, I'll be somewhere around here," Sam told her friend as she wandered off.

"Okay," Janet replied as she slipped the headphones on right.

Walking to where Sam was looking through some CD's, Janet spoke. "You gonna buy the CD?"

"Ah, no."

"You have to Sam."

"Why?" Sam said as she looked from the CD's to her friend. "You okay?"

Ignoring her second question, Janet answered her first. "You just have too."

"That's not an answer, Janet."

"Just buy it."

"No way."

Wanting Sam to buy the CD, Janet tried another line of attack. "Is there a spanish version of the song on his CD?"

"Probably, why?"

"Buy the CD, Sam. Please."

Giving her head a shake and rolling her eyes, Sam caved in. "Fine. Let's go find it."

After finding and purchasing the CD, Janet dragged Sam to a hip clothing store. Sam wasn't impressed, but she knew Janet would eventually, well she hoped, would explain why they were there.

"Ah Janet."

"Yes Sam."

"Why are we here?" Sam asked as she couldn't help but browse.

"If I remember correctly, in that song Ricky mentions something about leather and lace, right?"

Stopping, Sam eyed Janet. "Ya... Why are you bringing that up?"

"Well you also said that Jack wants to know what song that is, right?"

"Yes."

"And since it's Christmas, I thought you could give him a gift."

Trying to put everything together, what Janet had just said, Sam stared at Janet. "What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about Christmas."

"Ya but you mentioned leather and lace, Jack and a gift in a matter of two sentences."

"I know I did."

"Janet, what are you up to?"

"I was trying to see if we could embarrass Jack."

Okay, that peeked her interest. "Embarrass Jack? Highly, unlikely."

Stopping at a leather rack, Janet looked through it. "Hmm..."

"What Janet?" Sam asked.

"I think I just found the leather."

"Oh brother."

"Sam, trust me."

Really not wanting too, Sam thought it over. All for a matter of thirty seconds. "I can't believe I'm saying this. All right, what do you want me to try."

"All right!"

"Sam?"

"Just sec," Sam called from the change room. "You should try getting into these."

Laughing, Janet waited for Sam. When she opened the door, Janet's mouth dropped wide open. "Oh, that'll work."

Moving to the mirror, Sam looked herself over. She actually liked what she saw. "Hmm... this has potential."

"Ya I know and I think I know where to get you some shoes that will match."

"Good thing we came today," Janet told Sam as they walked out of the Bata shoe store. It was the last day of their week long sale.

"Ya, I must say I really like these boots."

"That's good to hear," Janet told her as they walked through the mall.

Eying Janet, Sam spoke up. "Ah Janet, question for you."

"Sure."

"What am I going to wear for a top?"

"Oh don't worry, Sam. I already have that picked out," Janet answered as she kept walking without noticing that Sam had stopped.

"You do?"

Hearing Sam behind her, Janet stopped and turned around. "Yes. Trust me."

"Trust you," Sam repeated as she started to Janet. "You set me up on a blind date with my commanding officer."

"So? You said you had a good time," Janet told her as Sam rolled her eyes. "Look, it's not my fault you and Jack couldn't set us up."

The plan had been to set Janet and Daniel up too. But unfortunately, the day before the blind date, SG-1 was sent to the Tok'ra planet to assist her father. So they had to call the whole thing off. "We'll still get you."

"Sure you are, Sam," Janet told her. "Come on, let's get going."



*****

The day of the party



"Excuse me, airmen," Sam called out as she stopped him in the middle of the hallway.

"Yes Major."

"Can you do me a favour?" Sam asked. She felt stupid doing this but in order for Janet's wild and wacky plan to work, she had too.

"Of course, ma'am," the airmen answered.

Holding the package out in front of her, Sam explained the situation. "Can you please drop this off at Colonel O'Neill's office, right now?"

"Of course, ma'am," the airmen repeated.

"And please no questions," Sam added.

"Yes ma'am," the airmen said as he took the package. "I'll go right now."

"Thank you. Oh and don't mention it's from me," Sam said as he watched the airmen walk down the hall.

Hearing knocking on his office door, Jack looked up and answered. "Come."

On the other side of the door, the airmen held the package in one hand and proceeded to open the door with the other. Stepping into the office, he spoke. "Sir."

"Airmen."

Taking two steps towards the desk, the airmen saluted Jack and waited as he saluted back. When he did, he stretched the package out in front of him. "This is for you, sir."

Eyeing the package, Jack took it from the airmen. "Who's it from?"

"I'm not to sure sir, I was told to deliver it to you," the airmen replied.

"Ah thanks," Jack said as he looked up at the airmen. "Dismissed."

Standing at attention, the airmen saluted him one last time and left the office.

After the airmen had left his office and closed the door behind him, Jack put the package down in front of him. Staring at it, he finally ripped the brown wrapping off it.

"What the..." he said as he saw that inside the box was a cd player with headphones and a note.

Opening the note, all it said was 'Play me.'

Putting the headphones on, Jack pressed play and sat back.

"He should be listening to it now," Sam told Janet as she walked into her office.

"Good," Janet answered rather happily. "You should go change now."

Looking at her friend, Sam was starting to have doubts about Janet's plan. "Why do I feel like turning around and running?"

"Sam," Janet said as she moved over to her. "Everything is going to be just fine."

Rolling her eyes, Sam just shook her head. "Ya right! I'm going to change."

"Good, I can't wait to see everything together."

"Sam?"

Jumping in one spot, Sam pulled the leather pants on. "Like I told you once before Janet, you should try getting into these."

"Good, you're still in there."

"Of course I am," Sam said as she zipped her pants up and sat down. "Where would I go? You probably have all the guards on alert."

Laughing, Janet reassured her friend. "No, not all."

Zipping up the zippers on her boots, Sam stood up and grabbed her shirt. Slipping it on, she looked herself over. She had everything on. "Okay, here I come."

"It's about time," Janet teased. But when Sam pulled back the curtain and walked out, Janet got serious. "You look great. Jack will be shocked."

"Janet."

"It's true, Sam," Janet said as she got out of the way so Sam could look in the mirror.

Backing up a bit, Sam looked at herself in the mirror. She didn't look that bad. She actually looked good. Even she liked it. "Wish the mirror was a full length."

"I'll ask the General if I can get one," Janet replied with a smile on her face.

"Cute Janet, but then again, it is Christmas," Sam teased. "Okay, now I have to do my make- up."

"All right."



*****



Jack slowly strolled into the gateroom where the Christmas party was being held. He wanted to go, he really did but after what Sam had just pulled, and ya he knew it was Sam, he rather just go find her. But he knew he'd be a dead man if he didn't show. The General would probably throw him threw the wormhole personally.

Making his way through the SGC personnel, Jack finally spotted some one he could put a name too. "Daniel."

Looking over to the voice, Daniel saw Jack. "Hey, Jack."

Watching Daniel bite into what Jack figured was Christmas cake, he continued on. "Where's Teal'c?"

"Getting into the Christmas spirit, I think," Daniel answered as he ate the last of his Christmas cake and wiped the crumbs off his face.

"Okay," Jack replied. He decided not to question Daniel. He wasn't in the mood to hear a long answer. "Umm.. Have you seen Carter?"

"Nope, not ye..." Daniel started to say.

Eyeing Daniel, Jack quickly questioned him. It was not like the young archeologist to stop speaking in the middle of a sentence. "Daniel?" But he got no answer. "Danny Boy?"

"Uh..." Daniel started to say as he swallowed hard. "I think I just found Carter. I mean Sam. I mean Carter.. I mean, I don't know."

Trying his best to figure out why Daniel was acting the way he was, Jack tried to look in the direction he was, but there was to many people in front of him. So he scooted in front of Daniel. Blocking Daniel's view.

"Okay Janet, everyone is staring," Sam whispered to her friend as they entered the gateroom.

"They're suppose too, Sam. Take it easy," Janet answered as she smiled at Teal'c who came to greet them.

"Merry Christmas, Doctor Fraiser, Samantha Carter," Teal'c told them as he held a piece of mistletoe over Janet.

Looking up, Janet laughed. Standing on her tiptoes, she gave Teal'c a quick kiss. "Merry Christmas, Teal'c."

Couldn't help but laughing, Sam waited for Teal'c to come to her. When he held the mistletoe over her head, she also gave him a quick kiss. "Merry Christmas, Teal'c."

Nodding his head, Teal'c moved on.

"I think Daniel taught him our customs."

"Ya, I wonder what else Daniel taught him," Janet replied as she scanned the room. "Sure are lots of people in here."

"There sure are," Sam agreed as she too scanned the room. "I haven't seen Jack yet."

"Neither have I."

But Jack was in the room. He was standing at the bottom of the ramp in front of Daniel, in shock.

"Jack?" Daniel had come out of his shock right when Jack blocked his view. He didn't have anything to stare at.

"That can't be Carter."

"Why not?"

"Carter in an outfit like that," Jack managed to say as some one blocked his view.

"General Hammond did say no uniforms," Daniel reminded Jack.

"Re... Re... Red leather," Jack managed to say as he turned around.

"Ya, that's what it was," Daniel agreed. He finally noticed when Jack turned around, that Sam took his breath away. He was really in shock. "Jack are you okay?"

Taking a deep breath of air, Jack tried to clear his mind. "I'm not to sure. Where are they now?"

"I got no clue," Daniel replied as he lost sight of them.

"Sam."

Turning towards the voice, Sam smiled brightly. "Hi Dad."

"Wow!" Jacob said as he got a better look at his daughter. "You look beautiful. Something new?"

"Ya Janet and I went shopping," Sam told her father as she scanned the room.

"He's here, Sam. I just saw him."

Quickly looking to her father, Sam questioned him. "Who, dad?"

"Jack. He's with Daniel near the bottom of the ramp," Jacob answered his daughter.

"Oh." Sam wanted to know if he was there, but she didn't want to ask anyone. But of course, her dad knew that there was something between them. "Merry Christmas, dad." She covered as she gave him a hug.

"Merry Christmas, Sam," Jacob said as he hugged her back. When he pulled back, he turned to Janet. "Merry Christmas, Janet."

"Merry Christmas, sir," Janet told him.

"Please call me, Jacob," Jacob said as he hugged her and Sam laughed.

"I need something to drink," Jack told no one in particular.

"There's eggnog," Daniel helped.

"Sounds good. Point me in the right direction, will ya Daniel."

Looking at Jack, Daniel finally knew that Sam had did a number on him. He would of usually called him Danny Boy, but he didn't. It's set up under the control room windows."

"K, thanks," Jack said as he wandered off in that direction.

After her dad left them, Janet turned to Sam. "What's wrong?"

"I can't see him any where," Sam told Janet.

Scanning the room herself, Janet had to admit she couldn't either. "Hmm... lot's of people. You'll see him, soon."

"I hope."

"Look, I'm going to get some eggnog. Want some?"

"No, I'm good," Sam replied as Janet wandered off towards the refreshment table. And she just mingled.

Walking up to the refreshment table, Jack waited till a small group of officers left the area before he moved in on the table. Picking up a glass cup, he very carefully without making a mess, poured himself from eggnog.

"Jack."

Turning his attention from the eggnog, Jack looked to the person beside him. "Janet, hey."

"Merry Christmas, Jack."

"Same to you, Janet," Jack replied as he put his eggnog down. "Want some eggnog?"

"That's why I came here," Janet answered. "That would be great."

Picking up another glass cup, Jack filled it up with eggnog. As he handed it to her, he finally asked. "Have you seen Sam?"

Taking a sip of her eggnog, Janet had to hide a smile that was trying to come out. "She's somewhere."

"Oh." Picking up his glass of eggnog, he took a sip of it. "Excuse me, I'm going to mingle."

"Sure Jack," Janet said as she watched him walk off. Looking around, Janet spoke to herself. Well it was to herself, but she was sort of talking to Sam. "Any time, Sam."

Sam couldn't believe that she was actually going through with this plan. She hadn't seen Jack at all in the gate room but her dad had informed her that he was there. 'Great going, let your father figure out that there's something going on between you and Jack,' Sam told herself as she stood in the window of the briefing room.

Jack carried his eggnog to the ramp where he stood. From the ramp he could see so much more. As he scanned the room, and was about to take a sip of his eggnog, something caught his eye. Looking up with just his eyes, Jack was very close to taking that first sip of eggnog, when he saw them. Them being the red leather pants. Letting his eyes drift a little higher up he saw that the red leather pants were accompanied with a very see-through shirt and a tank top. Lowering the glass from his lips before he made a mess, Jack raised his eyes even higher. Sam was in the briefing room. And he was in the gate room.

Sam didn't see Jack. She didn't even look towards the ramp, she just scanned the room. The gate room. When she didn't see him, she turned away from the window.

Jack saw Sam.

Descending the ramp, Jack started to make his way threw the crowd. But unfortunately, he didn't make it to far.

"Jack, there you are."

'Doh!', Jack whispered to himself as he turned around and greeted the person. "Jacob, merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas to you too, Jack," Jacob told him. He sort of had a feeling that Jack was going to go see his daughter, but he just had to stop him. He too, had seen Sam standing in the window of the briefing room. "How it's going, Jack?"

"Pretty good, Jacob. How are you and Selmak doing?" Jack returned.

"Good, actually very good," Jacob answered. "I was surprised to get a message from Sam asking if I wanted to come to this party."

"Well technically the General invited you," Jack pointed out as General Hammond made his way over. "Right, sir?"

"Excuse me, Colonel?" General Hammond was lost. He had no clue what Jack was trying to get him to agree too.

"You suggested that Major Carter invite her father," Jack quickly explained.

"Yes that's right," Hammond agreed. Finally.

"Well I'm glad," Jacob told his friend.

Not wanting to stand there and listen to Jacob and the General talk, Jack interrupted. "If you'll excuse me, I'm going to get a refill on the eggnog."

"Sure Jack," Jacob told him as Jack slipped away. Shaking his head, Jacob turned back to George. Jack's eggnog glass was still half full.



*****



Sam was in the mood to party, but she didn't exactly want to listen to Christmas carols. She really wanted to listen to Ricky Martin. After burning the spanish version onto a blank cd, she just wanted to listen to it over and over.

Pressing play on her cd player, she had plugged a set of speakers into the cd player, Sam waited for the music to start. When the beat started, she started to tap her feet. She was starting to really like this song.

Jack had eventually escaped the gate room and everyone who had come up to him to talk. He wasn't in the mood to talk and kept using his eggnog as an excuse. Problem was by the time he left, it was still half full. But now he was climbing the steps to the briefing room and as he neared the top, he finally heard that music again. The same music he had heard earlier but it was in English this time. Stopping just at the top of the stairs, he just watched and listened.

Sam made her own dance steps up, all the while staying away from the windows. She didn't want to be spotted. So she danced on the other side of the briefing table.

Listening carefully to the music, Jack paid close attention to the verse that was just being sung.

"Well if it looks like love should be a crime

You'd better lock me up for life

I'll do the time with a smile on my face

Thinking of her in her leather and lace..."

He finally figured out her outfit. Leather and lace.

Turning around, Sam opened her eyes. But this time around she reacted different. "Jack."

Hearing the song start over, Jack moved from his spot at the top of the stairs and walked to the end of the table. Leaning on a chair, he spoke to her. "Sam." Well sort of.

"You came."

"Oh ya, won't miss the party." Jack wasn't sure if she was talking about the party or meeting her in the briefing room.

"The party is kind of dull."

She was talking about them, in the briefing room. "Ya it is, actually. They should have a band or something."

"And who could we get to play?" Sam asked for the fun of it. "If we brought some one in, we'd have to kill them." No one could know about SGC.

"So very true," Jack agreed as he ran his eyes up and down her body. He started at her boots, he had never seen them before. From the way she was standing, he could see that they had to be ankle boots with zippers on the side. They were black and matched the pants she was wearing. Well they went with the pants. The pants, wow, that's about all his mind could come up with. Red leather pants. Tight red leather pants. They hugged her figure. And the shirt she was wearing. See-through. Perfect thing to wear to grab some one attention. Of course, she was wearing a little black tank top under the see-through black shirt.

"Jack." She knew he was looking her over.

Running his eyes up and down her body a few more times, the pants did it, Jack's eyes stopped at her's. "I get it now."

"Get what?" She wanted to know if he really did.

"You, the song, me, the song."

"What song?"

Smiling, Jack let his smile dance across his lips. "She Bangs by Ricky Martin. You were dancing to it the first time I caught you."

"Okay and what does that have to do with you and me?" She playing being hard to get.

"There's a few certain lines in that song that you are trying to make come to life," Jack told her as she shrugged her shoulders. "Let's see. Thinking of her in her leather and lace, is one. And, 'cause she looks like a flower but she stings like a bee."

Okay, he had been paying attention. "And what does that mean?"

Moving from the chair he had been leaning on, Jack moved to Sam. Stopping right in front of her, he explained it. "It's pay back. I catch you dancing, and you try to get me back. Leather and lace. I've never seen you wear leather before and that see-through shirt is as close as you could get to lace."

He was on the right track. Nodding her head, she let him continued.

"She looks like a flower but she stings like a bee," Jack continued. "Most of the time you wear what we wear but tonight is different. Tonight you..."

"Jack," Sam finally said when he stopped mid-sentence.

Trying to find the right words to say, Jack spit a few out. "You look beautiful. Wonderful. Amazing."

"Thank you, Jack."

"I'm going to try to get the General to issue red leather pants to be worn by you on all our missions," Jack teased.

Shaking her head, Sam blushed.

"You do look amazing," Jack replied as he became serious again.

"Thank you."

"So you gonna show me some of those dance moves?"

"Thought you'd never ask."



*****



"Teal'c."

Turning around, Teal'c saw Daniel. "Daniel Jackson?"

"How's the mistletoe kisses going?" Daniel asked as Janet joined them.

"I am afraid, I only have this much mistletoe left," Teal'c replied as he held up what he had.

"Wait a minute, you had a big piece. What happened?" Daniel questioned.

"O'Neill asked for a piece," Teal'c answered truthfully, as he turned his head and looked to Janet. "Doctor Fraiser."

Janet had a big smile on her face.

Daniel saw it too. "Oh no, what did you do Janet? I know that look."

"Me? Do something? It's Christmas, Daniel," Janet answered rather smoothly.

"I'm not believing her Teal'c."

"Nor do I, Daniel Jackson," Teal'c agreed as Janet just stood there with a big smile.



*****



When the song ended, Jack, who was slightly out of breath from the dancing, stood rather closely to Sam. "Where'd you learn to dance?"

Sam, who was also slightly out of breath, didn't mind the closeness. "Before my mom died, I took dance lessons."

"Ah. Something new I've learned about you."

Smiling, Sam questioned him. "You don't know everything about me?"

"Hey when I first heard that a Sam Carter was joining this place, I honestly thought it was a guy," Jack answered, truthfully.

"Then you don't know me, do you."

"No, I don't." Basically letting the music just flow through the room, Jack continued on. "I know we said we won't get each other Christmas presents but I got you one."

"You did?" Sam hadn't gotten anything for him.

"Ya, I saw it at the store and knew you had to have it," Jack replied making little sense.

"Ah, so where is it?"

"At my house."

"Oh."

"It's not Christmas yet," Jack pointed out.

After Jack had just told her that it wasn't Christmas yet, something clicked. Stepping back from him, Sam spoke. "Then I guess you can't have me."

Okay that intrigued him. "Can't have you?"

"Well technically all of this is your Christmas present," Sam answered with a straight face. She was serious. Janet may have pushed her, but she went the rest of the way alone. She loved the effect she had on Jack and since she hadn't gotten him a Christmas present, she'd be his.

Jack loved the idea of Sam being his Christmas present but he still had to ask. "Ya, but didn't Janet have a hand in this?"

"She did," Sam answered, truthfully. "But I'm the one who decides what and what isn't your Christmas present."

"Then how about I get a sample of my Christmas present," Jack said as he took a step towards her.

Sam wasn't sure if he had heard him right. "A sample?"

Fishing the mistletoe out of his pocket, Jack fixed it so that it looked right. Holding it above Sam's head, he said one word. "Mistletoe."

"Oh, mistletoe."

The kiss was just a sample. It was short and sweet.

"Hmm, has potential," Jack replied as he licked his lips and lowered the mistletoe.

Deciding to play dirty, Sam raised her hand and placed her hand on his face. "Your place at midnight."

"Ah, why?" Jack asked. He had no clue as to what Sam was up too. But he liked the feel of her hand on his face.

"You can open your present than," she answered as she dropped her hand from his face and walked around him. She made sure that she swung her hips from side to side. Knowing that Jack would watch to see where she was going.



*****



Looking at her watch, Janet was curious as well as concerned for her friend, Sam. She hadn't seen her in a long time. Not since she saw Jack head out of the gate room. Looking up from her watch, she finally saw Sam. "Sam?" she questioned as she watched Sam walk into the gate room.

"Hi Janet, how ya doing?"

"Where's Jack?" Janet quickly asked. She completely ignored Sam's question.

"I don't know," Sam answered as Jack strolled casually into the gate room. "Oh wait, there he is." She was acting cool as a cucumber.

"You two were gone for sometime, care to explain anything to me," Janet quizzed as she looked from Sam to Jack and back to Sam.

She knew exactly where her friend's mine was and exactly what she was fishing for, sort of speak. "It's Christmas Janet."

"So?" Janet knew that and didn't care.

"Actually it's Christmas Eve," some one corrected. "Technically it isn't Christmas just yet."

Turning to Jack, Sam smiled at him. "You learn quickly."

"Yes I do," Jack answered as he stared into her eyes.

Watching Sam and Jack have a staring contest, Janet knew something had happen and she was now more bound and determined to find out. "Hello! Earth to SG-1."

Hearing Janet call out earth to SG-1, well to them, Sam broke eye contact with Jack. Turning back to Janet, she spoke. "Yes?"

"If you two are still here, than I take it, it didn't work?" Janet asked Sam.

Jack had long ago figured out that Janet had been behind all of this. Sam in leather and lace. Well that see-through shirt. Moving closer to Janet, Jack draped his arm over her shoulder. "Well you know Janet, we'd inform you but than we'd have to kill you."

That got a giggle out of Sam.

"What, wait, what, what, what..." Janet stumbled. "I think this whole thing up and I don't get any info. This isn't fair." She was protesting.

"It's not Christmas yet, is it," Sam told her friend as she moved off in the direction of her father.

Watching Sam scoot off, Janet turned to Jack. "What, not Christmas?" She didn't understand that comment. She knew it wasn't. It was Christmas Eve Day, ah night. But what did that have to do with her not being told of what happened up in the briefing room. "Would you please explain it to me."

"Think about it Janet," Jack answered as he removed his arm from her shoulders. "It isn't Christmas, so why should Sam tell you anything." And with that he too, was gone.

Watching her friends wander away from her, Janet stood in one spot trying desperately to figure out what Christmas day had to do with what happened up in the briefing room.



*****



Sam was getting bored. You could only spend so much time at a Christmas party. The only excitement she had was when she had seen Janet and Daniel sneak off over half an hour ago. Well it wasn't exactly sneaking. Daniel had come up with some lame excuse that he had forgotten something at his apartment and that Janet had to go help him get it. They hadn't come back. So since her friends had left and not come back, she wanted to leave.

Checking her watch, she saw that it was getting close to eleven. Turning around, she searched for Jack. Spotting him next to her father, she walked in their direction.

Popping up in between her dad and Jack, Sam spoke. "Hey you two."

"Hey Sam," her father greeted.

Looking to his left, Jack smiled at Sam. "Hi."

"Hi dad, hi Jack, ah Colonel," Sam replied. She hadn't meant to call Jack, Jack, she had meant to call him Colonel, but her mind was elsewhere. "Ah dad, could you give Jack, ah the Colonel and me a minute alone?"

Smiling at her daughter, Jacob knew Sam had meant to call the Colonel, Jack and that there was something going on between them. One does not wear red leather especially on Christmas for nothing. "Well I don't know Sam," Jacob started as he saw Sam give him a 'get out of here' look with her eyes. Trying not to laugh, Jacob agreed. "All right Sam. I'll see you two later."

"Thanks dad," Sam said as she watched father wandered off.

When he was gone, Jack raised an eyebrow and questioned Sam. "Yes?"

Hearing Jack question her, Sam turned all her attention to him. "I'm heading out," Sam informed him.

"You are?" Jack questioned.

"Ya. I figure if I leave now, it'll be after twelve by the time I get to your house."

"My house?"

"You do want to open your present?" she reminded him again.

Almost smacking himself in the head because he almost forgot, Jack answered. "Of course. Nothing is going to stop me."

"Good, so let's go," Sam replied.

"Right behind you."

"Okay," Sam said as she started away from him, all the while swinging her hips back and forth, just like she had done in the briefing room.

Pulling at his collar, Jack spoke to himself. "This is going to be a long ride home. A long ride."



*****



It wasn't as long as Jack thought it would be. They actually got to his house in a record time. Good thing there was no cops around. He had been going over the speed limit. Basically speeding.

Watching Sam from where he was standing, Jack smiled as he watched her sit down on his couch with the gift he gave her on her lap.

Looking up from the gift, Sam smiled back to him. "Yes?"

"Nothing. Go ahead, open your gift."

"Okay," Sam said as she looked back down and tore into the gift.

Laying on Jack's couch, Sam giggled as she watched Jack inflated her inflatable couch. "Problems?"

"Nope. I asked the sales person about how to pump this thing up." He was using a foot pump to inflate it.

"Good. Won't want you to blow that thing up. You'd be out of breath."

"Ya a really good thing," Jack said as he looked over at her. Letting a smile dance across his lips, he continued on. "That's because I'll be out of breath later."

Lifting her head, Sam leaned it on her hand. "You will be?" She was but wasn't sure what he was talking about.

Stopping what he was doing, Jack made sure the plug was in securely and moved to where Sam was. "Oh ya. You see, technically it's after midnight."

"Oh, is it?" She knew it was. She was just waiting for him to say something.

"Yes. So now it's my turn to open my present."

"Oh yes that's right," Sam agreed as Jack bent down and placed his lips over top of her's.



*****



As Jack lead her to his bedroom, he stopped by the stereo and put some music on. But he never let her comment on his choice of music. He captured her lips before she could speak and picked her up. Guess you could say, he was a little excited about unwrapping his gift.



*****



With most of their clothes discarded on the floor in a pile, Sam now laid on the bed as Jack explored her body.

As Sam let Jack run his lips down her chest and stop at the waist to her pants, she thought about the three things in her life right at the very moment. Two, she just had to laugh at and the other, she loved.

Jack had stuck the Ricky Martin cd in his cd player and cranked the music. And the Christmas gift that he gave her was the inflatable couch to go with her inflatable chair. But the third thing, the one she loved was him. It didn't take a blind date or her in leather to make her realize that she loved him. It just took a look from him. A look that informed her that he loved her too.

Arching her back, Sam let Jack slip her pants off. "Hmm."

Tossing the pants on a nearby chair, Jack laid on top of her. "I'm going to frame those pants."

"Don't bother, I'll wear them again," Sam told him.

"You will?"

"Yes," Sam said as she placed her arms around his neck and pulled his head down towards her's. Kissing him, she spoke when she ended the kiss. "Enough talking. You haven't finished unwrapping your present."

Smiling down at her, he knew she was right. And he knew that talking won't get him any where. Leaning down, he captured her lips.



*****



The next morning, Christmas morning, Sam and Jack weren't the only ones to wake up in bed together. After sneaking out of the party, Daniel had brought Janet to his place. They too shared in the Christmas spirit. And just maybe it had something to with the spiked eggnog he had at his place.



**********



Before you all ask, there will be another part to this. After all, New Year's is coming up.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------- AT's reply when asked if she was renovating her house. "Our house was built by Papa Smurf on crack."