samandjack.net

Story Notes: this is my fist fic


Jack walked into the locker room and there he saw, much to his surprise, his Major Samantha Carter sitting on the bench before her locker. Sam looked up when she heard him come in.

"Oh sorry Major, I'll come back later."

"Colonel you don't have to leave on my account, I was just leaving."

"No it's okay Major."

"Colonel I'm sorry, I think I forgot to put on the women sign, didn't I?"

"I think you did, yeah, Carter, why are you sitting there... uh... all alone?" Jack said, while looking at Sam

Sam looked down. "Well sir, I... I... don't really know."

Jack raised his eyebrow. "You don't really know? How come?" Jack sat down next to her.

"Well sometimes... I feel a little depressed, you know?"

Jack nodded.

"And then I like to be alone." Sam continued.

"I get it, I have that too, you know?" Jack said.

"I know." Sam said softly, then she realised that she had said that out loud. "I'm sorry, sir..."

"It doesn't matter, Major" Jack told her.

"Ok, sir, then I think I will leave you alone." Sam said and she stood up and walked towards the door.

"Carter, I get the feeling that there is something else."

Sam stopped and turned around. "Excuse me, sir?"

"I think you are not just depressed, I think there is something else on your mind." Jack said and walked towards her.

Sam looked at the ground. *Can I tell him, or would he laugh at me?*

"Well sir that is really just it." Sam said and looked at Jack to see if he believed her.

Jack didn't believe her, but he couldn't force her to tell him what was on her mind. "OK, Carter, but if you want to talk..."

Sam turned again and walked towards the door. Jack went to his locker and pulled the shampoo and soap out. Sam had almost left the locker room, but then she turned around and closed the already opened door again.

When Jack saw she hadn't left yet, he walked towards her. "So you wanna tell me now, You do know I won't tell anyone else if you don't want me to."

"That's not it, sir, I think... I... think I am afraid you would laugh at me."

"Laugh? At you? How could you think such a thing." He smiled at her, she smiled back.

"Well okay, it is kind of... well I am sad because one of my... uhm... cats has died."

"How would you think I would laugh at that." He said.

"Well I don't know, I just, I was very attached to that cat, you know?" Jack nodded and Sam continued.

"He was very sweet, also very old, I had found it at the hostel for lost animals, and well, he got very attached to me, OK I liked him too, but..."

"What was its name?" Jack asked.

"His name at the hostel was just Cat, but I didn't liked that very much, so I called it... I called him..."

"Yes?"

"Jack."

"Jack?"

"Yes."

"Jack?"

"Yes, I first wanted to give him an better, I mean more original name, but I couldn't think of anything, well I could, but..."

"Major? What are you trying to say?"

"Well, I thought he looked a bit like you, sir."

"He looked like me? How did he look then?"

"Well not really the outside more the inside." Jack looked at her with an 'I-don't-get-it-look'. "Well he was very attached to his previous boss, but he seemed to like me right away, okay he scratched me a couple of times, but that was my own fault."

Jack was still looking at her with a questioning look.

"I'm babbling again, or not?" Sam asked.

Jack just nodded. "So you called your cat Jack? After me?"

"Yes, sir."

"It was an old cat, how old? Sorry, I don't want to know."

"Sir?"

"Yes, Major."

"You're babbling too, sir."

"I'm not."

"Yes you are. Well I think I'll leave you alone now." Sam said to him and started walking back to the door.

"You called your cat after me?" Jack asked.

"I told you that, sir."

"You called your cat after me?" Jack said again.

"Colonel." Sam said.

"Yes, Major."

"Don't get your hopes up."

Then Sam left the locker room, leaving Jack alone with this new information about Sam. And her cats.



The End