samandjack.net

Story Notes: Seasoned Professionals 03: SPOILERS: Tangent

ARCHIVE: Sure, fine, whatever. SJA & Heliopolis, this means you. LOL

NOTES: It's very annoying....I'm in the middle of 3 looong fics with actual plots, and I just can't seem to get anything done on them...and I keep writing little pointless, plotless pieces for this series. Ah well. This is just a bit of mind-candy brought on by lack of sleep and lmao at oxygen-deprived!Jack in Tangent....I apologise in advance for what you are about to read. Mwahaha.

Ta to Kaz for beta-ing...you rock, hun :)


This is not pleasant.

I am not certain which is worse - being stranded in space or listening to O'Neill attempting small talk.

I am only grateful that it is impossible for me to see his expressions as he hears Major Carter over the radio. It is bad enough when they are in the same room.

I am not sure I understand it. The two have feelings for one another, that is obvious, as it has been for much time now. And yet they do not act.

The air force regulations. There was no such thing with the Goa'uld - there was no need. There were always greater things to be concerned with. As there is here, now.

And yet they still care so much for trivialities. Apophis could attack at any time, and the relationship between O'Neill and Carter is of so much importance?

I do not understand. But there are many things about the Tau'ri that are still a mystery to me.

"So...Teal'c. Assuming you're still not up for that game of I-Spy, if there was ever a time for a man-to-man, then I'd say this is it."

"What is a man-to-man, O'Neill?"

I do know what he is referring to. But making him explain it will delay the experience.

"Well...a discussion. A conversation...we'll talk about, y'know, manly things. Fishing. Cars. Football...whether Carter's interested in that Ivanov guy..."

It did not take him long to incorporate Major Carter into the discussion...this does *not* surprise me.

"For what purpose do you wish to know this, O'Neill?"

"I, uh...just wondering. What, you don't gossip on Chulak?"

"We do not waste time with such trivialities."

"Trivialities. Great." He mutters to himself, heaving a sigh.

"I do not believe she is interested in Dr. Ivanov. I believe I would have noticed, O'Neill."

I neglect to mention that I overheard Daniel Jackson discussing it with her only yesterday. He said something about him 'having a thing for her.' Her response did not suggest she feels the same.

"Really? You, uh, you notice these things?"

"I am most observant."

"Ah. You, uh...you notice her being interested in anyone else, Teal'c?"

I believe the Tau'ri have an expression. 'Fishing for compliments.'

"I have not."

He is silent for a few moments, and I begin to believe that he has lost interest in holding a conversation...I should know better.

"No one?"

"How do you wish me to respond, O'Neill?" Kel'no'reem is looking very tempting.

"Uh, I don't know...how bout the truth?"

I exhale loudly, just to let him know that he is annoying me.

"Fine, fine. I see your subtle hint...I'll shut up. I'll just...talk to myself...wonder if this thing comes with AM/FM radio..."

I do not respond, instead returning to my own thoughts.

It occurs to me that they didn't wish for this to happen. But it seems that these things are never planned...it just happens.

It resembles the situation we are in now...we assumed we knew what we were doing, we thought that we could control it. But now we are heading in a direction that we did not expect.

In a way, I can understand the military regulations. They say to expect the unexpected, but that can never truly be done. So instead they minimise the possibilities.

And yet - just like this vessel - they are cruising towards an inevitable destination. It can not be postponed forever...

And now my interest is...piqued. I want to see what will happen just as much as Daniel Jackson and Dr Fraiser do.

This is why I like the Tau'ri so much. Life with them is always interesting.




*



End Notes: Ta da. Done. Thank god for that.

Beeslayer@cableinet.co.uk (Go on, send feedback...ya know ya want to...)