samandjack.net



The power of Love





It was saterdayevening, the day when they all come together at Jack's place. They talk and laugh and mostly they talk about there previus misions. Jack was preparing dinner for « the guys » or ...he tried.

Jack : Och, now what ?

He ren to the oven and almost burned his hands when he tried to pull the food out.

Jack : Ah for crying out loud. Now I did it ! !

Trrrrr...trrrrrrr...trrrrrrr...trrrrrrrrr...trtrrtr

Jack : Yeh, yeh I heard ye ! ! Come in, the door's open.

Samantha pushed the door open and stept in followed by Teal'c and Daniel. When she arrived in the livingroom she stopt.

Sam : Colonel ? It's us !

Jack : Carter ? I'm here.

Sam : Where's here ?

Jack : In the kitchen !

Samantha turned to Daniel.

Sam : Don't you smell something ?

Daniel : Yeah , it's smells like something is burning.

Jack : Aaah, oew.

Sam : Colonel are you OK ?

She ren to the kitchen. When she arrived in the kitchen she bursted out in laughter. There he was standing in the middle of the kitchen. He's hole face was black... as was the kitchen.

Jack : Carter stop laughing and come help me !

Sam : Say the magic word !

Jack : PLEASE ? !

Sam : Just kidding ,sir.

Jack just glared at her. She laughed at him and helped him. After an half an hour the mess was cleaned up and they all sad down in front of the fire. Samantha and Daniel where playing a game of cards, Teal'c just looked probebly to learn. Jack was sitting on the couch and was watching them. He looked at Teal'c...then at Daniel and finnaly at Samantha. He was happy that he had them as his best friends, his teammates, his pals, his...he looked at Sam...his loved ones. Yeah he loved her...he loved her so much that he would even die for her. But he couldn't love her it was against regs. In the beginning he had dreamt of her smile only, to feel like it would shine trough all his pain. He found himself staring at Samantha. That itself was nothing new to him. He had done it often during the last days or weeks even. No , the worst part was that Daniel had noticed, even gone so for to tease him about it. He was pulled out of his daydreaming when Daniel calded him.

Daniel : Jack...hello ! ! Are you there ?

Jack : Sorry...I was just thinking...you where saying ?

Daniel : I was asking you if you seen Sam's neckless ?

Jack : Yeah it's beautiful !

Sam blushed and her gaze fel on the floor. Jack came of the couch an he settled himself next to Sam. Then he took her neckless in his hand, when he did this, his warm hand touched her skin. She lightly jumped at the feel of his toutch, but he didn't seem to notice, how wierd.

Jack : It's...special...where did you get this ?

Daniel : Ow, I gave it to her, I found it on one of the planets.

Jack : Ow...I see...does it have a meaning ?

Daniel : Yes it has...the people I have it from say that it has power beyond believe.

Jack : Power ? You believe that crap ?

Daniel : Yeah, but not the power of weapons, but it holds the strongest power.

Jack : The strongest power ?

Teal'c : Tell me DanielJackson, is it stronger than the power of the Goa-ulds ?

Daniel : Yes it is.

Teal'c : Then what is this power ?

Sam looked confused, Daniel said nothing about a power...she looked at Jack who also had a confused expression. And than it hit her... the strongest power.

Sam : Love !

Daniel : Yes ! Finally someone who knows !

Jack stared at Daniel, was he playing a game ?

Daniel : Is it so difficult to understand ? That the love between a man and a woman beats everything and that nothing comes between them, not even regs ?

Sam was now even more confused than before. Why is he telling this. An unreadable look passed between the Colonel and Daniel and Samantha had the strong feeling that there was something else going on here. She looked from Jack to Daniel and back. The Colonel looked faintly embarressed and Daniel looked like the proverbial cat in the cream. Sam saw Jack glare at Daniel. What the hell is going on here ?

Teal'c : But why has Captain Carter the neckless ?

Jack : Okay, Teal'c that's it ! No more ques...

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Jack snapped his head up at the sound.

Sam :Huh ?

Jack : My beeper...hello ?...right now ?...oh for crying out loud !...OK I understand sir...yeah I will... bye General.

Teal'c : General Hammond ?

Jack : Yeah, we're off to a mission !

Sam : Now ? It's saterday.

Daniel : Yeah, I thought it was SG-4's time now ?

Jack : They got sick...something they eat ! Come on let's go campers !

After 2 hours on the planet.

Sam : Sir there's nothing here !

Jack : I know Captain but Danny-boy here likes to collect rocks.

Daniel : They're ARTIFACTS !

Jack : Rocks...they smell, feel and look like R...

Teal'c : Colonel O'Neill ! !

Sam : Sir, intruders !

Jack : Fall back, run to the stargate, I'll cover you're lovely backs !

When Daniel and Teal'c reached the stargate Sam was shot, Jack turned and ren to Sam. He got shot too and then it all went black.

Sam.....sam.....where is Sam ? Jack woke up with a headache, where was he ?

Jack : Sam ?

Daniel : Hey, he's awake !

Jack : Danny ? What happend ? Where is Captain Carter ?

Teal'c : Captain Carter was taken away.

Daniel : Yeah...I...er...

BANG

Jack : What the ?

Guards entered the room and trowed a badly beaten Sam in. They turned and moved away closing the door behind them.

Jack : Carter... can you hear me ?

Sam : Colonel ?

Jack : My God... what happend to you ?

Sam : They challenged me for a fight !

Jack : and ?

Sam : I won...

Jack : That's my girl.

Sam : But they will challeng me again tomorrow if I can beat him we all will be released.

Jack sat next to Sam, handed her a piece of the local bread, and gathered himself mentally.

Jack : Carter, you're bruised, cut up, and dead-exhausted. Chances are, you'll have to fight tomorrow, and you and, therefor we, will stand a hell of lot better chance of survival if you let me do something about it.

He said it quietly, but with a distinct Colonel tone. She looked a him with a hint of amusement. They finished the smalll meal in silence. The adrenaline that Sam had been running on for the past three hours was spent , and her body was using its final energy reserves to swollow the food she was eating. She sat too still. Daniel rose from his place by the other side of the room and handed an odd-looking instrument and a bottle, two-third full of green liquid, to Jack.

Jack : Where did you get this ?

Daniel : I found it in the little room over there , it's got a bathtub and some towels. It looks like someone leaved them there.

Jack : Why and who ?

Daniel didn't know and he went back to Teal'c.

Jack : Good work, Daniel thanks !

Daniel just smiled he looked at Jack, his eyes telling him more much more he meant but wouldn't say.

Jack : Carter, I'd like to get this over with before we both fall asleep.

Sam : OK

Jack : Come on.

Jack said, standing and holding out his hand to her, Sam took Jack's hand and let him pull het to her feet. Then they turned , Jack was a step behind her but almost touching her, as he always did. He wanted to scoop her small frame into his arms and carry her, but he couldn't to that to her, she would maybe think that he is taking adventage of the situation. But he couldn't stand it...she looked so fragile and hurt...she needs someone. She needs someone who she could cry her pain out, someone she trusted, loved.

Sam : Au

Jack : What ? What is it ?

Sam : It hurts...

Jack : I know...I'll have to clean you up, you're wounds are deep.

Sam nodded and she turned herself so she could climb on the bed.

Jack : I'll start with you're face.

He stared at her face and then in to her eyes. Holding her gaze he took a piece of cloth and begain washing her face with the wather of the bathtub.

Jack : If I hurt you jou can punch me OK ?

Sam didn't had the power to laugh, but she only smiled. His tone had gentled, and it was clear that he was speaking to Samantha now, though he used neither name or title. Jack leaned forward and supported the back of her head with his left hand, while he began to rub gently at the dried blood on her jaw with the wet cloth. Sam forced her eyes to remain open and unflinched as he reached the shallow slice. It wasn't that difficult. She was more conscious of the warmth of Jack's fingers as they pressed into the roots of her hair almost at the base of her skull. He was finished.

Sam : What next ?

Jack : Upper body.

He moved his hands to unseam her jacket. Again he held her gaze as he cautiously eased the tunic off her shoulders, daring her to make some comment that would change the heretofore matter-of-fact dynamic of the situation. She was silent. Only she could misinterpret Jack's actions. Next , he turned his attention to her blouse she was wearing.

Jack : Can you raise your arms ?

She didn't answer, just lifted her arms haltingly over her head. He cleaned the scraps and wounds. When he was finished he let himself look at the untended cut on her left breast. Whithout saying anything, he moved his hands to the front-closure of her bra, leaving them there long enough to telegraph his intentions before opening the closure. Sam didn't open her eyes or speak. Her only perceptible movement was the clenching of her jaw. Jack took silence for permission , this once. He finished the cut on her breast. Now became the difficult part. She had to take a bath. Jack tested the water again, then returned to his Captain side.

Jack : Sam I need you to trust me on this OK ?

She didn't answer, but she opend her eyes and lifted her hand to his face. She just looked in his eyes and than she leaned against him. Jack took that as a yes, and he slipped his arm under her shoulders and eased her up to a sitting position. She leaned forward, resting her arms on her knees, as he slipped her socks off her feet. Jack took both hands, and drew her to her feet. She leaned into his support against the dizziness, then reached one hand to grasp the rim of the bathtub. Jack released her. Now he had to tell something that wasn't going to be easy for her.

Jack : Sam...maybe you should remove the rest of your clothing before bathing.

Jack took a step back, but he kept his eyes clearly focused on her face. She didn't replay, but reached down to slip her underwear off. Without lowering his eyes , Jack held out a hand again to help her into the tub. He knew she needed to do this much herself, as long she had the strenght. After awile she was exhausted, when he returned to the bathtub she was sleeping. So he had to remove her from the bathtub. As Jack lifted her out of the water in one smooth movement. He laid her, shivering in the cold air, down softly on the towel he had spread out on the ground, then folded it over her, drying her with slow, gentle movements. Her eyelids never flickered, but the periodic fluctuations in her breathing told him that she was not completely asleep. He allowed himself a slight, rueful smile. He suspected she was enjoying his touch, allowing herself to because she didn't have to acknowledge it. Fine. He would give her wathever pleasure she would accept from him, on whatever terms. That, too, was part of his love.

Jack : Your nightgown, mi'lady.

He said it quietly, slipping it on over her head. It was loose enough that she didn't have to raise her arms, to get them in the sleeves.

Sam : Thank you, sir.

Jack : Jack.

Sam : Jack...I know what you did to me...thank you so much for patching me up and for...insisting.

Jack : Anytime, Sam, but I don't want to need to do this again.

Jack's voice was rough, but he willed the fear not to move down his arms to the hands that held her. He forced himself to release her and put her back on the ground. Sam said nothing. There was no truth that could calm his fears, and she wouldn't insult either of them to lie. As he pulled the blanket back over her, Sam's hand found his. He stopped, surprised. Her fingers closed around his. She hesitated, she couldn't change tomorrow, but perhaps she could give back some small measure of the comfort Jack had given her tonight. She wanted to speak, but she knew that whatever she said would either reveal more than she dared, or would retreat into bad parody. So she turned silently onto her side, pulling Jack with her.

Jack :Sam ?

He asked, not entirely believing. She didn't answer, and her body curled onto a semi-featl position, but she brought his hand to her cheek and barely, barely brushed her lips across his knuckles. The tough electrified him. She moved against him, molding her back to his chest. He envoloped her, amazed by her gesture, then shifted slightly. Somehow, with her free hand, she managed to pull the blanket over them both.

Still holding his hand against her cheek, she pressed herself agaist him. He brought his arms around her. He loved her sow much and now he finally was lying here with her in his arms. Holding her body even tighter.

Jack : Goodnight, Samantha.

Then touched his lips to the top of her head.

After an hour, Daniel came in to the small room. He stopt eight feet away, as soon as he saw the sleeping couple in the dim room. He smiled and turned away and went back into the main room. What he didn 't see was the delighted smile on the face of Samantha.



End.