samandjack.net

Story Notes: Songbook Series 02: jez80@ozemail.com.au

SPOILERS: Sorta for Nemesis

ARCHIVE: Sam and Jack and Heliopolis please.

AUTHORS NOTES: You better read number 1 first or you mightn’t know what’s going on . This answers the challenge set by me to write a fic including, or based around, the song ‘Love Will Always Win’. A HUGE thanks to my beta gals Kes and Jenn.

FEEDBACK: A must!


Sam and Jack returned home from Minnesota late in the afternoon. They had to report for duty the following morning. They had enjoyed a fantastic vacation and both were a little nervous about returning to the real world considering their new relationship.

"I wish we could have just stayed there," Sam told him wistfully. In Minnesota, they didn’t have to worry about who saw them together. They could be a normal couple, but here they had to worry about being seen by the wrong people, people who could get them into a lot of trouble.

"I know," Jack replied, carrying her bag into her apartment for her. He put it down and then pulled her into his arms. "Do you want me to go home?"

Sam shook her head, snuggling into his chest. "Not unless you plan on taking me with you." She pulled his head down and kissed him soundly before leading him to her bedroom.



****



"I’m sure that was Jack’s car," Daniel insisted as he and Janet walked up the stairs to Sam’s apartment. "Why wouldn’t you let me go and check?"

"Why bother? You’ll find out soon enough," Janet replied as she knocked on Sam’s door. There was no answer and after knocking again, Janet got her keys out. "I guess it wasn’t his car after all," she said as she opened the door.

"Shouldn’t she be home by now? We’ve got to report to the base in the morning."

"I have no idea. She didn’t even tell me where she was going. I just got a message on my answering machine saying she was going away and could I feed her cat and water the plants."

"I thought she was staying on base to play with..." Daniel trailed off as he caught sight of a movement in the bedroom. There was Jack and Sam laying on the bed, half naked and kissing passionately, oblivious to Daniel and Janet. Daniel resembled a gold fish as he motioned for Janet to see.

She looked at him curiously, walking to the bedroom door before stopping dead. A wicked grin crossed her face. "Hey there guys!" She shouted as she banged on the door, making the couple jump. "Well that answers a few questions huh?" She asked Daniel.

"Oh God... Janet, Daniel..." Sam stammered.

"We’ll just wait out in the living room," Daniel told them, barely suppressing his laughter.

They walked out a few minutes later, both fully dressed and blushing furiously. "What are you guys doing here?" Sam asked.

"I came to see if you were back from your mystery holiday. When you didn’t answer I figured I’d better feed the cat." She fixed Sam with a pointed stare. "I can’t believe you never told me about this! I’m supposed to be your best friend!"

"Janet, when I last saw you there was nothing to tell."

She didn’t look convinced. "Promise?"

"Promise!"

Jack clapped his hands together. "Right, now we’ve got that sorted out and you have both successfully ruined the mood, how ‘bout some dinner?"

Sam grinned, nodding in agreement. "Sounds like a plan. We better make it take out though because there isn’t much in the kitchen."

Jack shook his head. "Alright, I’ll let you off for now, but I’m gonna have to teach you to cook, my dear."

Janet snorted. "Good luck!"

"Hey! You’re supposed to stick up for me!" Sam complained good-naturedly.

She turned to Jack and Daniel. "Why don’t you two go and pick something up for us all?"

"I s’pose we could do that. What are you two gonna do while we’re gone?" Jack asked, although he had a fair idea.

"Talk about you no doubt," Janet assured him with a smile.

"I should have known." He walked towards the door. "Okay we’ll be back. Don’t give away all my secrets now, will you?"

Sam smiled and went over to her desk. "Take this with you," she said and handed him a key. "I won’t have to get up and let you in then," she finished, seeing his surprised look. He gave her a quick, almost shy kiss goodbye and he and Daniel walked out the door.

Sam turned around and asked Janet if she’d like some wine, stalling the inevitable bombardment of questions.

Janet waited until they were both seated on the sofa with a glass of wine before pouncing. "Alright, spill! What’s going on?"

"Ah... well..."

"When did this happen?"

"A few days ago."

"Where? How?..."

Sam put her hands up, laughing. "Janet! One question at a time! Where? Well he took me to his uncle’s cabin in Minnesota. How?" She smiled at the memory. "I fell asleep and he carried me to bed. I woke up and as they say, one thing led to another..."

"And you slept with him," Janet finished.

"We made love," Sam corrected. "A lot," she finished with a grin.

Janet shook her head. Although she knew that Sam was head over heels for the guy, she still wasn’t sure how deep his feelings were for her. She was worried that he’d just hurt her and of course there was another, very large, obstacle. "Sam, I don’t want to put a downer on your mood but what about the regs?"

"Janet..." she started to protest.

"No listen to me. You can’t just stick your head in the sand about this. You could get into a *lot* of trouble."

"I know..."

"And I don’t want you to get hurt. Colonel O’Neill has had a pretty hard life. You told me once you have this need to heal people. Do you really think you can heal him?"

"I think maybe we can heal each other." Sam sniffled as Janet pulled her into a hug. "Janet, I’m scared to death of what could happen but I’m not looking for a short term thing here."

"Just be careful," Janet told her, giving her a squeeze.

At that moment Jack and Daniel walked through the front door. Janet and Sam ended their hug and Sam wiped her eyes quickly. She wasn’t quick enough though and Jack noticed. "What’s wrong?" He asked, immediately concerned.

"Nothing," Sam replied with a smile. "What did you get for dinner?"

He looked at her for a long moment. "Sam?"

"Nothing’s wrong, but things could get ugly if you don’t feed me soon!"

Jack shook his head, accepting her evasion for the moment and they all sat down for dinner. After they’d finished their meal they watched a movie before Janet decided that she and Daniel should get going. "I’ll see you both in the morning. Don’t be late," she teased as she followed Daniel out the door.

"Bye guys," Sam replied, not taking her friend’s obvious attempt to bait her.

She shut the door and moved to where Jack was sitting on the sofa. He pulled her down to sit beside him and started massaging her shoulders.

"So, what were you and Janet talking about when we came home with dinner?" He asked her.

Sam shrugged. "Nothing much."

"Didn’t look like nothing much," he pushed.

"We were just talking about you and me... and the regulations."

"She was warning you off wasn’t she?" Sam shook her head, turning around to look at him. "She just wanted to make sure I knew what I was getting myself into."

"And do you know what you’re getting yourself into?" He asked, a twinkle in his eye.

"I have a fair idea," she replied, her eyes holding the same twinkle.

"And you haven’t run off screaming yet? Amazing!"

They both chuckled, snuggling up together on the sofa. After a few minutes of companionable silence Sam took a deep breath, plucking up the courage to say what was on her mind. "Jack?"

"Mmm?"

"I’ve been thinking..."

"You? Thinking? Imagine that," he replied with a laugh.

"I’m trying to be serious!"

He kissed her forehead. "Sorry. What were you thinking about?"

"Well... I think maybe we should tell the General about us."

"You what?!" He spluttered.

"It’s hard enough to make a relationship work. We don’t need the added pressure of trying to keep it quiet. I just wanna know where we stand, get it all sorted out now."

"But, what if we get split up? Sam, I can’t lose you, not now."

"You won’t," she assured him. "Whatever happens tomorrow, we can handle it."

A new song started on the stereo and Jack got up, holding out his hand.

"Dance with me?"

Sam shook her head, biting her lip to stop the tears from welling. She was as strong as nails except for when it came to things of the heart. "Don’t Jack. Don’t treat this like our last night together."

He pulled her to her feet, bringing her body fully against his. "I just want to dance with the woman I love."

Hold me like there’s no tomorrow
There can be no sorrow
Right here were we stand

Living only for the moment
All I ever wanted
Is right here in my hands Some will say
That we’re sure to fall
Try to build their walls
Between us

No way over it
No way around it
If we want it we have to go through it
Fight for love
And the world tries to break us down
But the world will bend
And the fight will end
Love will always win



****



"Are you sure you want to do this?" Jack asked as they walked towards Hammond’s office the next morning.

Sam nodded. "He’s gunna hear about it sooner or later. Besides, we love each other. We shouldn’t have to hide it."

"I just hope he agrees," he replied as he knocked on the General’s door.

"Enter!" General Hammond called as he heard a knock on the door. He looked up as his two best officers walked in, looking more than little nervous. "Colonel, Major. What can I do for you both?"

"Ah, sir, we were wondering if we could talk to you for a moment. It’s... well it’s a private matter," Jack said nervously.

The General’s curiosity was piqued. "Why don’t you both sit down."

"Thank you, Sir." They sat and then looked at the General, neither one as confident as they were a few minutes ago.

Hammond was rather amused to see two of his best officers looking so nervous. He had a pretty good idea why they were here. He’d heard the rumours flying around the base and looking at them now, he was pretty sure there was some truth to them. ‘Why is it that SG-1 are always the ones to cause my headaches?’ he thought to himself. "So what do you want to discuss with me?" He asked them.

"Well... Sir, you see... Colonel O’Neill and I... well, we went on vacation together," Sam stammered out.

"Colonel, Major, you do realise that vacationing together can be classed as fraternisation? Just how many regulations did you break on this little holiday?"

"Ah... pretty much all of them Sir," Jack replied.

"Colonel O’Neill, are you telling me that you are in a romantic relationship with a junior officer under your command?" Hammond pinched the bridge of his nose as his head thumped. "You do know that this is a court-martiable offence?"

"Yes Sir, I’m aware of that."

Hammond sighed. "Just how serious is this?"

"Sir, we wouldn’t have come to you if it wasn’t serious. I don’t think we would have gotten involved if it was only lust. General, I love Colonel O’Neill and I know he loves me."

"So you’re telling me that you couldn’t just terminate the relationship and pretend we never had this conversation?"

Jack shook his head. "No Sir. I couldn’t forget about her no matter how hard I tried."

Hammond sighed. "You have put me in a very awkward position. I am supposed to split you up and put you both up on charges."

"Sir..." Jack began.

Hammond interrupted, raising his hand to stop Jack. "Look, personally I’m thrilled that the two of you have found someone to be with. Both of you deserve to be happy and if it were up to me I wouldn’t hesitate to let it continue as long as it didn’t interfere with your jobs..."

"But it’s not up to you," Sam finished for him, her heart sinking.

"No, Major, it’s not up to me."

Jack reached out and took Sam’s hand as he saw her trying to stop the tears from falling. "Isn’t there something you can do Sir?" He implored.

"I can call in a few favors, phone the president if I have to, but I want you both to be sure about this. If I can’t get you a reprieve than you will probably both be court-martialled and dishonourably discharged from the Air Force."

Jack looked from Sam to the General. "We’re sure Sir. It’s worth the risk."

General Hammond tried to hide the smile that threatened to form. The truth was he was glad that they were together. Both of them had been hurt in the past and they could do so much for the other. Whether his superiors agreed or not was another thing. "Let me see what I can do. I want you to stay away from each other until I’ve had a chance to sort something out. Who else knows about this?"

"Daniel and Doc. Fraiser," Jack told him. "No one else."

"Keep it that way. Major, I suggest that you go and wait in your lab, I’m sure there’s work for you to do. Colonel, you go and wait in your office. I *know* you have work to do. I’ll have an answer for you by the end of the day."

"Thank you Sir," Jack said, getting up and pulling Sam up with him. She allowed him to lead her out the door and down the corridor to the lift. She was working on auto-pilot, not even thinking as she walked in and pushed the level for the labs. All that was running through her mind was that some higher existence was punishing her. ‘Maybe I’m not supposed to be happy,’ she thought.

The lift doors opened and she walked out, hardly registering that Jack was with her.

"I’ll see you later okay?" He asked her once they’d walked into her lab. Sam just nodded, her eyes focused on the floor. He put a finger under her chin. "Angel, look at me. I love you, you hear me? I love you more than anything and no one can take that away from us."

"But they’re going to try, aren’t they?" She whispered, the final word ending in a sob. Jack enveloped her in a hug, praying nobody walked in and caught them.

"We won’t let them. We’re stronger than them Sam. Besides, they need us a lot more than we need them. General Hammond will work it out, you wait and see." He gave her a sweet kiss before letting her go and walking out the door.

On the way to his office, Jack ran into Janet who was just exiting the lift.

"Good morning Colonel," she beamed.

"Yeah, hi Doc.," he replied, somewhat distracted.

"Everything okay? You two haven’t had your first fight already?"

Jack shook his head. "Worse. We just told the General."

"Really? I take it things didn’t go so well?"

"Well he didn’t court martial us on the spot so I s’pose that’s a start. Look, I’m kinda restricted to my office so I better get there. Do you think you can check in on Sam?"

Janet gave him a reassuring smile. "Of course."

"Thanks Doc."

Janet nodded and headed off towards Sam’s lab. She walked in and saw Sam working hard. She shook her head. Whenever things got tough, Sam would throw herself into her work so she didn’t have to think about anything else. "Hey there," she called, making the blonde woman jump.

"Oh, Janet. Hi," she replied.

"I just ran into Colonel O’Neill. He said you’ve had an exciting morning."

"Exciting isn’t the first word that springs to mind," Sam replied. She went back to her work, not really wanting to talk right now. "Is there something you wanted? I’ve got heaps of work to do since I’ve been away."

Janet realised that Sam needed time to compose herself before she’d talk. She hated to cry in front of anyone, even her best friend but Janet also knew that Sam wasn’t as strong as she’d like to be when it came to matters of the heart. "Just wanted to check in and make sure you were okay. How ‘bout I call back a little later?"

Sam gave her a grateful smile. "Yeah. I might not be so busy later."

Janet knew what she really meant. ‘I’ll be more in control later.’ She nodded. "Okay, see you later."

"Bye Janet."



****



Daniel wandered into Jack’s office, surprised to see him sitting there. He was just going to leave him a note. Knowing how much he hated the room, Daniel didn’t expect him to be in there doing paperwork. "Hey Jack."

He looked up, surprised. He had been deep in thought and didn’t even hear Daniel walk in. "Oh, hi Daniel."

"Did the General finally have a go at you for not doing your paperwork?"

Jack didn’t smile. "Something like that."

Daniel looked closely at his friend. "Is something wrong Jack? To be quite honest I thought you’d be a little... I don’t know happier considering what happened when you went away. Did you guys have a fight?"

"No! God, why does everyone think that? Do you all think our relationship’s doomed to fail or something?"

"Jack..."

Jack sighed. "Look, I’m sorry Danny. I’m just a bit stressed this morning. We told the General."

"You what?! Why?"

Jack shrugged. "Sam thought it was for the best."

"And what do you think?"

Jack thought for a moment. "I can see her point. It’s probably better to get it all out now. It’ll just get harder the longer we’re together." He looked at Daniel. "Do you think we’re crazy for even pursuing this?"

Daniel shook his head. "I think you’re crazy for not pursuing it earlier. Love’s a gift Jack, you don’t try to ignore. You embrace it and you cherish every moment because god knows when you may lose it."

Jack nodded knowing that Daniel was speaking from experience.



****



Sam was deep in thought when the phone rang and she went to answer it with a sigh. "Major Carter."

"Whatcha doin’?" Came the cheeky voice on the other end.

Sam couldn’t help but smile. "Talking to you actually," she replied.

"Really? Well what are you wearing for this conversation?"

That made her laugh. Jack always had a way of cheering her up. "Well you should know. You’re the one who tried to stop me from getting dressed this morning."

"Mmm, that’s right, how could I forget *that* little wrestling match? You know I was just sitting here and I realised that I haven’t talked to you for two hours and forty-nine minutes."

Sam looked up and smiled at Janet as she walked into the lab. "Has it been that long?" She asked Jack, looking at her watch.

"Yep. So Sam... ever had phone sex?" She blushed. "Jack! We’re on the base! Besides, Janet just walked in and I don’t think she really wants to hear."

"Oh well, maybe later then," he said, trying to sound disappointed. He smiled to himself, happy that he’d managed to cheer her up. "I suppose I better go and actually do *some* paper work or the General will think I’ve been on the phone to you."

"Which would be a false assumption of course."

"Of course. Keep smiling angel."

"Yeah, bye Jack."

"What was that all about?" Janet asked, amused at the red hue covering her friend’s face.

"You don’t want to know!" Sam replied with a laugh.

Janet smiled. "You seem happier now."

Sam shrugged. "I can’t help it. That man just seems to do that to me."

"Always has," Janet added.

Sam nodded. "So, is the grapevine in overdrive yet?"

"Nope. The only thing I’ve heard is that Colonel O’Neill’s in the bad books again and has been given paper work detail." She looked closely at her friend. "Still think it’s worth it?"

"Yeah, I do," Sam replied swiftly and surely. "Still think he’s not worth it?"

"Hey, I never said that. I’m your best friend and I’m just looking out for you. I want you to tell me something. Do you think that this will have no effect on your working relationship? On the team?"

Sam shook her head. "I honestly don’t think it will. Janet, Jack and I have both had these feelings for quite a while. I don’t expect him to suddenly go all protective just because we’ve actually done something about it. If anything maybe things will be better. We won’t have all that unresolved sexual tension hanging over our heads."

Janet smiled. "You’ve really thought this through haven’t you?"

"Come on Janet, this is me. I don’t jump in head first." Janet gave her a look. "Okay, maybe I did but after that first time I went for a run and did a lot of thinking." She chuckled. "I actually decided that we should just be friends."

"So what changed?"

Sam smiled. "He told me he loved me. We talked about everything, the regs, our pasts, our fears. We really did weigh everything up but in the end love will always win won’t it?" At that moment the klaxons sounded, signaling an incoming traveller.

"SG-1 report to the ‘Gateroom, SG-1 to the ‘Gateroom."

"Must be Teal’c," Sam said and they both hurried out.

They got into the embarkation room just as the ‘Gate was shutting down. Teal’c was striding down the ramp towards the General, Jack and Daniel.

"Good to have you back Teal’c," Hammond told him.

"It is good to be back General Hammond. I trust all has been well while I was offworld?"

"Oh nothing too exciting happened buddy," Jack told him.

Hammond shook his head. ‘Yeah, nothing at all,’ he thought to himself. Out loud he said, "Well Teal’c, I’m sure Doctor Fraiser has some tests for you. Colonel, Major? I’d like to see you in my office in a few minutes."

"Yes Sir," Jack replied, his heart suddenly thumping in his chest. Hammond nodded and headed off to his office, trying to work out what he was going to say to them.

"So Teal’c," Jack turned to the Jaffa. "The family doin’ okay?"

"They are well, thank you for enquiring. Is there a problem O’Neill? General Hammond did not seem pleased."

"We’ll let Daniel and the Doc. explain. It’s time for us to face the executioner."

"Good luck!" Janet and Daniel chorused as they left.

They walked quietly up to the General’s office, pausing before Jack knocked and they were told to enter. They stood at attention in front of the General’s desk. The older man had to smother a smile at the tension radiating from his two best officers. All thoughts of torturing them flew out the window as he saw the anguish etched on both of their faces.

Clearing his throat, he motioned for them to sit down before he spoke. "I hope you two realise the day I’ve had. The President agrees that the SGC is a very different base from other military establishments and as such has authorised me to use my discretion in deciding each case as it arises. No doubt there’ll be a few when word gets around that you two have been allowed to stay together."

"Allowed to... are you saying it’s alright?" Jack asked, shocked.

"I’m saying I’m going to give you both a chance, but there’s going to be a few ground rules. Firstly, you are to conduct yourselves in a strictly professional manor when you are on duty, both offworld and on. Secondly, if your relationship affects your work in any way, you will be split up. I will not have your personal feelings affecting your job. Do you both understand me?"

"Yes Sir!" They chorused, smiles lighting up both their faces.

"Dismissed." Hammond watched as they stood up, walking out the door and into each other’s arms, hugging tightly. "You’re still on duty," he called, humour lacing his voice. They sprang apart and headed down the hallway, no doubt to a more private location.

"I can’t believe it," Sam repeated as she proceeded Jack into her lab.

"Believe it Sam. There’s nothing to worry about now," he replied, opening his arms to her.

"Except maybe Dad," Sam told him, moving into his embrace.

"Ah, your Dad likes me."

"As my CO. I’m not sure how he’s gonna feel about his little girl being involved with a superior officer."

"He’ll be fine. Trust me." He tipped her head up and kissed her soundly.

A gasp was heard from the doorway. "What are you two doing!" Janet asked, moving into the room. Daniel and Teal’c walked in behind her.

"Well Janet, I believe it’s called kissing," Sam chuckled, not moving from Jack’s arms.

"What if I’d been the General?" She insisted.

"Than he would have probably reminded us that we were still on duty and that it was the last time he would warn us," Jack said with a grin.

"What are you two talking about?" Daniel asked, looking very confused.

"Hammond got us permission. We can stay together without having the team split up."

"That’s great!" Daniel and Janet chorused, moving to embrace their friends.

"This is pleasing news," Teal’c supplied, bowing his head slightly. Daniel and Janet had filled him in on the situation and he was happy his friends had finally realised what he had known a long time ago.

"This calls for a celebration at Jack’s," Daniel declared.

"Indeed it does. Let’s get out of here," Jack said and they all headed out of the mountain.

They went back to Jack’s house and ordered pizza before sprawling out in the living room to watch a movie. Sam and Jack were sitting together on the sofa, too interested in each other to care about the movie.

"God, can’t you two keep your hands off each other for two seconds?" Daniel asked, his grin showing that he wasn’t serious.

"Sorry Dad," Sam said sitting up straight and clasping her hands in her lap.

"Is that better?"

"Much," Daniel replied.

"Who wants another beer?" Jack asked, rising from the couch. There was a round of me’s. "Come and help me angel?" He asked Sam, giving her a conspiratorial wink.

"Yeah, like you want her to help carry beer," Janet quipped.

Jack laughed. "Would you have preferred me to say ‘come out to the kitchen so we can make out in peace’?" He asked, grinning like the Cheshire cat.

"Most definitely," Janet replied with a wink.

They walked out to the kitchen and Daniel, Janet and Teal’c resumed watching the movie, no one expecting to see the couple for a while. A few minutes later, the doorbell sounded, making Daniel jump. He looked towards the kitchen, and seeing no movement, headed to the front door. He opened it and there was Jacob Carter.

"Jacob!" Daniel squeaked.

"Hi Daniel. Is my little girl here?"

"Umm... yeah. She’s...ah..."

"I believe O’Neill said they were going out to the kitchen to make out in peace," Teal’c supplied, not really understanding the statement.

Daniel and Janet cringed and Jacob’s jaw dropped. "Excuse me?!"

"I’ll, um... I’ll just go and get Sam," Janet said, finally finding her voice.

"No, no," Jacob replied. "Let me surprise her." He walked to the door of the kitchen, his eyes taking in his daughter and her commanding officer kissing like there was no tomorrow. Before he could find his voice they pulled back, foreheads resting together.

"You know, I love you," he heard Jack whisper.

"I love you to," his daughter replied just as quietly.

Jacob cleared his throat and the two of them sprang apart, looking like guilty teenagers.

"Dad!" Sam gasped, turning red. "How long have you been standing there?"

"Long enough. Someone want to tell me what’s going on here?" There was no expression on his face as he looked at them both.

"Um...well, you see..." Sam stammered, trying to find the words.

He shook his head. "I thought I brought you up to obey the rules, not break them?"

Jack’s warm hand in hers gave her strength. "No Dad, you brought me up to follow what I believed in. My beliefs normally follow the rules... but not this time."

Jacob couldn’t contain the smile any longer. "Glad to hear you learned something from me then. I was starting to wonder if you’d forgotten everything I ever told you." He chuckled at the two confused faces staring back at him. "Are you gunna stand there all night or does your old man get a hug?" Sam walked over and into his open arms.

"I’m glad you’ve found someone who loves you," he whispered in her ear.

Sam stepped back a bit to look at him. "Really? You’re not mad?"

"Samantha Carter, first and foremost you are my daughter. I want you to be happy and I want you to be loved. If that can only happen with Jack, then who am I to judge you?"

"Thank you Daddy."

"I love you sweetheart."

"I love you too."

Jacob pulled back and gave her a kiss on the forehead. "Now why don’t you go out with your friends so Jack and I can have a little chat?"

"Dad..."

"I’m not gonna harm him... yet."

"Don’t worry Sam. I’ll scream if I need you," Jack put in, making her laugh.

"Be nice," she warned her Dad before walking out into the living room.

Jacob waited for her to leave before turning to Jack. "You know I consider you like a son Jack. I’m probably closer to you than I am to Mark."

"Thank you Sir, that means a lot."

Jacob shook his head. "Don’t start with that ‘Sir’ business now. I’m Jacob or Dad."

Jack nodded his assent. "Sure Dad," he replied, making the older man grin.

"Now, just because I think of you as my son doesn’t mean I won’t dismember you if you hurt my little girl."

"Jacob I love her and I’d never hurt her," Jack swore.

"Keep it that way and everything will be fine." He patted the younger man on the back. "What you two have is very special, don’t waste a day of it."

They walked back out into the living room, both smiling at Sam’s anxious look. "I didn’t hear any screaming," she said as Jack sat down next to her.

"I’ll tell you later," he whispered as he kissed her temple. They sat back and watched the end of the movie with their friends. Jack looked around at the familiar scene. Nothing had really changed, except one of his guests wouldn’t be going home that evening.



~*~*~*~*

The End

Coming soon- Songbook Series 3: Nothin's Gonna Change My Love For You