samandjack.net

Story Notes: Chocolate Series 02: FEED BACK: Yes Please.

SONGS: I do not own the following song lyrics; I just use them for my story. Bryan Adams – I'll always be


Sg1 with Jacob, Martof and Aldwin, have made it back to the Tok'ra home world where they were all check out and given some drug to help get rid of sokar blood that was in their system, Sg1 stayed with the tok'ra for three days, just to make sure that they are ok be fore heading back to earth. Sam stay with her father since the rescue.

Jack went to check up on Sam, she was on the surface of the planet near the stargate, and she was sitting down on the sandy ground with her knees up and her arms around them, with her chin on her knees. Jack walk over to her, he notice that she been crying, he sat next to her, looking at her.

"Come here" Jack said to her. She lift her face and let go of her legs so she could twist her body towards Jack, he puts his arm around her as she leans against his shoulder still crying. He rubs her shoulder and arm where his hand is to comfort her; they stayed like that for a while, till Sam started talking to Jack.

"How's dad doing?" Sam asks. "You know dad, he will be fine, and how about you Sam, how are you doing after what's happen?" "I don't know sir, that stuff he force me to drink and what happen with my memories of dad telling me about the accident, her funeral and Joilnar and I almost lost dad as well, I don't what I'll do if he died on the planet" "Well for one you can call me Jack till we get home" "Ok sir. I mean Jack" "That's ok, any way you are like your father, ya know, a fighter and a stubborn Carter as well, you know the saying like father like daughter"

Sam stared giggling, with a smile on her face. She can feel the shiver that went down Jack back when she giggles. "How about you Jack, how are you doing?" "I'll be ok, that stuff brought back some bad memories as well" "Charlie" "Yea, it didn't take long for me to relies that it wasn't him or thought it was him"

"Jack if it is ok with you, when we get back, I would like to meet him and when we get some time off, we could go to Washington and you could meet my mother" "You know that dose sound like a good idea Sam, I haven't been to his grave since I have been back from the first Abydos mission." "I know what you mean, I haven't been to my mother grave since I was assign to the stargate program at the pentagon." "Ok, soon as we get back, I'll talk to Hammond about getting some time off, ok" "Yea, sure, that sounds good" "Come on, we better get back and see how dad is doing, he probable wondering where you are" "Yea, we better alright"

Jack let go of Sam and got up, then he turns around held out his hand to help Sam up, once up, they brush off the sand that was on them before heading back to where the rings are, there was a Tok'ra there near the rings, he sent them down with the ring transporters, once there, they were greeted by Jacob. After they all talk for while, SG1 went back home to earth, Jacob stayed with the tok'ra for a while, he keeps his promise with Sam about father and daughter vacation soon as he has time to get to earth.

When they arrive back on earth, Jack ask General Hammond for some personal down time for SG1 after what they all been though for the past few months, so he gave them two weeks off. But they all had to make sure that all there reports are done and any thing else, they knew it would take about a week to get every thing done. Sam was still feeling down and Jack knew that, so as he knew Valentines Day was only three days away, he decided to cheer her up.

On his way home, he stops off at the florist to order two dozen red roses for Sam, he wanted them to be sent to her home on the day and he also ordered two dozen yellow ones for him to pick up on the day also, once he payed for it, he went back to his truck, on his way to his place he stop out side a toy shop, he went in and look around to find some thing for Sam also, he came across a care bear, it was pink and white with two hearts on it, so he got that, as he was heading for the counter, he saw aluminium heart shape balloons, so he got one saying `BE MY VALENTINE'. When he got to the counter, he ask if they could have it sent to Sam place, which they can do, once giving them the details of her address and what time to have it derived, he pay for it, then he left with a grin on his face. On his way home he went to get some groceries for the supermarket where he has being going to for years, he got some food for him self and things he will need for the cookies that he will be making.

By the time he got home, he started making the chocolate chip cookies; he did a big one up for Sam in a heart shape, while that was cooking, he order a large peperoni pizza. While he was waiting, he got him self a drink of beer from the fridge, and set the clock up at the stove before going to sit down to watch the Simpson's that he had recorded while his team was away saving Jacob and Selmac. He always had it in time record for a month, just in case some thing came up, while away at the base or off world. The doorbell rang, so after he payed for his pizza, he went back to the lounge to eat it while watching the program.

Few minutes later, the buzzer went off, so he went to the kitchen to get the cookie out of the oven, he put on top of the stove while it was hot, he put on it chocolate buttons on it saying the word `SAM' with a smiley face. Once done, he put it back in the oven for few minutes. While he was waiting, he got him self another beer from the fridge, after a few mouth fulls, he put it down on the bench, then he got the cookie out of the oven and slide the cookie with the baking paper on to the tea towel he had out on the bench, once done he put more paper on the tray before putting the last of the mixture on the tray, he did three heart shape cookies this time with the last of the mixture, then puts it in the oven and set the timer. Once done, he carefully covered the large cookie with baking paper and another tea towel, and then set the timer again before heading back into the lounge with his beer.

Once he finish half of his pizza, he pit the left overs on a plate and put them in the fridge. He was going to throw out the box, but decided to keep the box for the cookies for Sam. When the buzzer went off, he turns it off before getting the tray out of the oven, he put the chocolate buttons on each of them in letters `S, A, M' on each of the cookie before putting them back in the oven for few minutes.

The next night when Jack got home, he got every thing set up. He carefully wrap the four cookies up and place them in the pizza box before wrapping the box it in white paper with red hearts on it. Once done, he went to watch a movie before going to bed.

The next morning Sam woke up with some one knocking on the door, she look at the clock, it shows 7:30. `Who would be knocking at my door at this time of the morning' Sam thought to her self, she got out of bed, putting her robe on as she was walking down the stairs. She opens the door to see a guy standing there with the two dozen red roses. Sam eyes widen when she saw them.

"Can I help you?" "Yes, are you Samantha Cater?" "Yes, I am" "Can you please sign this"? As he passes the clipboard to her, she signs it, and then passes it back to the guy. He looks at it, and then gives her the roses. "Thank you" "Your welcome, you must be some one special to get two dozen roses from your boy friend, happy Valentines Day ma'am"

The guy said with a smile before leaving, making Sam blush. She walks back in to the house; she got her favourite vase out, filled it with water, before putting the roses in it. She smells the roses, then notice that there was a little card with it, she look at the small envelope, it's got a red heart on it with her name in gold glitter on it. Sam smile at it the opens it up to pull the card out, it reads.

`Sweet Sam, Be my Chocolate Valentine. Always, Jack'.

When Sam read it, she giggle from what Jack said. So she got her phone and called Janet about it.

"Hello" "Janet, it's Sam" "Sam, is every thing ok" "You not going to believe what I just got this morning?" "No, what did you get Sam?" "A delivery guy just drop off two-dozen red roses just few minutes ago" "You're joking" "Nope, I'm not Janet, I just couldn't believe it, no one has every done some thing like that for me, not even Jonas" "Do you know who it was from, was there a card?" "Yes, they are from col O'Neill" "You're joking" "Nope, if you don't believe me, then come around now, see for your self" "Ok, I'll bring Cassie with me, you know what she is like" "Yea, I do, see you soon" then they both hang up.

Sam smell one of the roses again before pickup the vase to put them on the centre of her dinning table, she got a grin on her face, then she got an idea. She went over to her computer and turn it on, while that was booting up, she went over to make her self a cup of coffee. Once she got her coffee, she went over to her computer to sign in, once on line she went to the florist web site.

She ordered the same roses that Jack sent to her with red heart shape balloon saying `Be My Valentine'. Once done ordering them, she put her credit card details down and other information that was required. Once done there, she printed out a copy of the roses and the balloon as well, to show Cassie and Janet, when they showed up. She check out another site were she ordered a teddy bear holding a heart saying `sweet heart' and she also got Jack two pair of silk boxers shorts, one is white with red hearts on it and the other is the one with Marge and Homer kissing with heart in the back round. Sam knew that Jack loves watching the Simpson's. Once ordered and details are done on line, She also printed a copy of the boxes shorts and the teddy bear that she has just got for Jack, then she sign off and shut down her computer.

Once done, she went back to her bedroom. She went to have a quick shower and for dress before Janet and Cassie showed up. While she was waiting for them, she cooks up some pancakes for the three of them, since she woke Janet up when she called her earlier. She just finish cooking the last one when there was a knock at the door, she heard Janet called out from the doorway.

"Hello, Sam It's just us" Janet said. "In the kitchen Janet, I hope you and Cassie are hungry" "Oh yea, I can smell pancakes, yummy" Cassie said as she follow Janet in to the kitchen.

Both Janet and Cassie notice the roses in the middle of the table, they walk over to them, Janet pick up the card and read it, just before Cassie took it out of her hand, when she read it, she got a big grin on her face. She put the card back on the table, then smells one of the roses, just after Janet smell one. They both walk in to the kitchen area and both sat down on the stalls where her breakfast bar is.

"Sam you are lucky to received roses from Jack" Cassie said. "So you saw them on the table" "Yea, and the notice, I think it is cute" Cassie said, giggling. "Sam did you get him any thing?" Janet asks. "Yep, I'll tell ya after breakfast, now eat before it gets cold" Sam said, with a grin on her face.

They talk about work and how Cassie doing at school while eating there breakfast. Once they finish eating their breakfast and Cassie drinking her orange juice, while Sam and Janet drinking their coffee, there was a knock at the door.

"I'll get that," Sam said, as she got up from her stool to go and answer the door, when she got there, she opens it. "Yes, can I help you?" "Hi, are you Samantha Carter" "Yes, I am, is there some thing I can do for you"

As she look at the guy who was on her front porch who look like in his early twenties. "Yes, I was ask to deliver this to you ma'am" As he passes a parcel wrap up in white paper with red hearts on and the red heart balloon attach to it. "Thank you" Sam said, Before the guy left, Sam closes her door and walk into the kitchen area where Janet and Cassie are still sitting at the breakfast bar. They both turn around to see Sam walk in the parcel and the balloon attach to it.

"Hey, what have ya got their Sam?" Janet asks. "Another valentine surprise" "Open it Sam" Cassie said.

So Sam detach the balloon and passes it to Cassie, she pulled it down to look at the writing on it. Janet also saw it, they both smile, from what they both saw on it, 'Be My Valentine' then turn there attention back to Sam as she takes the paper off to reveal a box, it had a picture of a pink and whit care bear on it with two hearts on it's chest, she opens the box and took the bear out of the box, she laugh, when she saw it, then passes it to Janet, then look in to the box and found another little card saying, `Sam, I'll always be your care bear, Always, Jack'. Sam smiles with what he just wrote, then passes it to Janet, who in return passes the bear back to Sam.

"Wow, Sam, I didn't know that Jack was such a romantic" Cassie said, as she look at the note. "I think he did this to cheer me up after what happen to the last mission" "Why did you think that Sam?" Janet asks. "Remember couple of years ago, when all of us plus General Hammond had a barbeque at the col house, it was the first barbeque for Teal'c and Cassie." "I remember that weekend, it was the same night that the men decided to try to make the chocolate chip cookies, to cheer you up after a mission that went wrong" "Yea, that's the one, well any way I told them back then about my mother and about the home made cookies"

"Yea, I remember that night and what you told us about your family Sam" Janet said. "Yea, well after what happen on natu, with the drink they force me to drink, it made me bring back the bad memories about my mother, I think the Col is trying to find a way to cheer me up after what happen, after all I almost lost my father on the planet"

"Oh Sam I'm sorry about bring it up" Janet said. "It's ok Janet, any way, hopefully, next week the col and I are going to Washington for few days, I'm take him to met my mother." "Wow, Sam, are you sure about this" "Yes, we both agree to visit both grave site together, He hasn't been to Charlies in years, and it is the same with my mother. We are just going together to support one another"

"Well after I have read the report about what it did to you guys, I under stand why you want to do it, you both lost some one close to you, to have them suddenly taken away, it can be a shock alright" "Yea, it was alright, Daniel was the one who told me about Charlie and what happen to him, now the Col knows about my mother and what has happen to my family, how it was torn apart for years till dad was blended with Selmac, now we are a family again. I can thank both Selmac and Joilnar for putting my family together again, it is a shame about the col family though, but now SG1 and the SGC are his family" "Yea, well I'm like a daughter to him, even if I'm not. Any way to change the subject, what did you get Jack?"

Sam walk over to her computer and pick up the four sheets of paper that was printed earlier, she took them back to the kitchen and passes them to Janet. When she look at each of them, she smile at the first two, then passes them to Cassie to look at. When she saw the last two, she look at Sam who got a smile on her face, then Janet burst out laughing, Cassie took the last two sheets out of Janet's hand to look at, then she started laughing also.

"Sam, you got Jack theses boxer shorts for a valentine gift?" Cassie asks, "Yep, I know he wears boxer shorts, cause I have seen him in them last year, he was wearing one of the Simpson's boxers, when we were in prison last year on PXY-759, they took all out BDU, all we had was our underwear on, that is how I know." "What one was he wearing?" "Cassie, you don't ask questions like that," Janet said. "It's ok Janet, you would find it funny any way, he was wearing the ones with Bart Simpson on them saying `Bit Me' on them, when I saw him wearing them, I try not to laugh, but Daniel couldn't hold it, he laugh so much, his face went red as the balloon here. With Teal'c well he just raise an eyebrow, I think he had a little smile on his face, but he did hide it very well. The Col wasn't happy about the rest of us seeing what he was wearing, but he did smile at me, when he saw what I was wearing, talk about embarrassment" Sam said, as she was blushing. "What were you wearing that day Sam?" Cassie asks.

"It was my blue silk lace bra and panties, that I got a week earlier when we went shopping at the mall" "What, you mean the sexy ones that you got from Victoria Secrets, have you got the red ones still?" Cassie said with her eyes wide open. "Yep, I'm wearing them right now" "What was the name of them Sam?" Janet asks. "Mum, remember just before Christmas last year, I show you the red set at the mall, well it is them, Sam wearing them now, the blue set are the same but different colour " "Oh, those ones, No wounder the Col was smiling at you every time he see you" Janet said.

Sam look at her watch, then started cleaning up, at the same time still talking to Janet and Cassie. "Well he is going to get a surprise him self any minute now" Sam said, with a grin on her face, while pouring a cup of coffee for Janet, then pass it to her. "Oh, you mean the roses and the boxer shorts?" "Yep, I wish I was a fly on the wall when he gets them" They all laugh, think about Jack reaction when he receives them.

Mean wile at Jack home, he was sitting down eating his fruit loops, while reading the newspaper, when there was a knock at the door. He got up from the breakfast bar to answer the door, when he opens the door, there was a guy standing there with two dozen long stem red roses and a red heart balloon as well. Jack raises both eyebrows when he saw what the guy was holding.

"Can I help you?" "Are you Jack O'Neill?" "Yes, I am." "Can you please sign this please?"

As he passes the clipboard to him, Jack signs it, then passes it back to the guy. Once done and he saw the signature, he then passes the roses and the balloon to him then bends down to pick up two boxes to pass to him also, once done.

"Thank you" "Your welcome sir, happy Valentine day" Then the guy left with a grin on his face.

Jack closes the door before going back in to the kitchen, once there, he got a vase out of the cardboard, fill it with water, then put it on then dinning table, then he put the roses in the vase, then he smell one of the roses then he notice the little white envelope in with the roses, he took it out and read it.

`Sweet Jack, Happy Valentines Day, thanks for the surprises this morning, I'll always be there for you, Always Sam'

When Jack read what Sam had put down, it made him smiles, he knows that Sam can cheer him up and he knows how to cheer her up as well. He put the note down, then he went over to the kitchen to get him self a cup of coffee, and then turn the radio on, then he got a vase out and put some water in it, then heading back to the dinning room again. He put his cup on the table then he put the roses in the vase and put it in the middle of the table then he pick up the parcel, then unwrapped it and open it. Then he put it on the table and pulled out the two silk boxer shorts, when he saw then, he chuck to him self.

"I can't believe what Sam has got for me"

Then he put them back in to the box, then open the other one, it was a white teddy bear about 20cm high holding a red heart with gold writing on it. It says `Sweet Heart'. When he looks at it, he still had a grin on his face. Then he had an idea after what he just heard on the radio, so he called the station, asking them if they could play `I always be there for you' From Bryan Adams. They said they could do it with a message also, when he found out how long before the DJ announce it over the radio, he thank him then hung up, then he called Sam place.

"Hello" "Cassie is that you?" "Jack, is that you?" "Yes it is. Is Sam there?" "She busy at the moment Jack, you like for me to pass a message on to her?" "Yea, can you tell her to turn the radio on now please"? "Yea, sure, why?" "You will see Cassie, see Ya later got to go, some one is at the door, bye" then he hung up, so did Cassie.

She heard a knock in the back round before Jack hung up. Then she went over to Sam radio and turns it on, and then she told both Janet and Sam when she returns from her bedroom about the message. Jack went to open the door, to see Daniel and Teal'c standing there. "Hi, guys, come on in" As jack walk back to the kitchen, both Daniel and Teal'c followed him. "Morning Jack, wow, who got you the roses and the bear, it is cute"

When Daniel saw them on the table, Jack pour Daniel a cup of coffee, and pass it to him then open the fridge door to get some orange juice out for Teal'c, then pass it to him.

"Morning O'Neill, thank you" "No problem, Teal'c" "Jack, the roses?" "I'm not saying"

Teal'c notice one of the boxer shorts sticking out of the box, Daniel saw it also, so he put his cup down and pick them up, and started laughing. "Daniel, put them down" Jack said. "Come on Jack who are they from?" "I'm not saying" Jack started blushing. Then the DJ came over the radio.

"This next song is for Samantha, who lives in Colorado Spring, this is from flyboy Jonathan, his message to you is thank you for your love and support and I will always be there for you when you need me. When he told me this message, it reminded me of my wife and me thirty years ago, my wife Heidi, help me though a bad patch, and I'll never for got the words she said `I'll promise I'll always be here when you need me'. She did keep her promise even till this day, so for all of you couple's out there just remember those words, so here is the Song that was request from Jonathan `I always be there for you' From Bryan Adams" then the song started.

I swear to you –
I will always be there for you -
there's nothin' I won't do I promise you –
All my life I will live for you -
We will make it through forever –
We will be Together –
You and me
Oh n' when I hold ya –
Nothin' can compare
with all of my heart –
Ya know I'll always be - right there
I believe in us –
Nothin' else could ever mean so much you're the one I trust our time has come –
We're not two people now we are one –
Ya you're second to none Forever –
We will be Together a family the more I get to know ya –
Nothin' can compare with all of my heart –
Ya know I'll always be right there

Forever we will be
Together just you and me
The more I get to know Ya –
The more I really care with all of my heart –
Ya know I'll always be...
Ya know I really love ya –
Ya nothin' can compare for all of my life –
Ya know I'll always be –
Right there

"Jack you didn't" Daniel asks. "What, the song on the radio?" "Yes, you dedicated the song to Sam?" "Well, yea, I though I'll cheer her up, with this song, any way she will know what it means." "Jack, how many others from work listen to this radio station, and how many flyboys out there in Colorado Springs name Jonathan and works with a Samantha" "I don't know" "That's my point Jack, if the others relies that it was you and Sam, you better hope that General Hammond doesn't find out about this" "Well we will wait and see what happens at work, ok?" "Ok, come on, we will meet you at the base, so we can finish work before our holidays start."

Then Daniel and Teal'c left for the base, Jack left few minutes later, he went to the florist shop to pick up the two dozen long stem yellow roses for Sam, then went to the base with them and the pizza box as well.

At Sam's place, Sam was blushing when they herd the message from the DJ and the song as well, Both Janet and Cassie was looking at Sam with big grins on there faces.

"What?" "Sam, I can't believe with the Col has done on the radio" "Oh man, how embarrassing, I just can't believe what he has done, but I do under stand what he is getting at" "Ok, spill it" "Memories Janet" "What that stuff you were force to drink?" "Yea, it brought back a lot of bad memories of my mother's death, it was the same with the Col, about his son. That is why the song is saying that he will always be here for me, when I needed a shoulder to cry on, it is the same back. While we were at the Tok'ra home world, we both talk about what happen, it help both of us to get though after what Apophis did to us. That is why in few days time we are going to Washington for couple of night, I'm taking him to my mothers grave, who I haven't been to since I was assign to the pentagon about six years ago"

"Why would you do that Sam?" Cassie said. "Well we both agree when we get some time off, he was going to show me Charlie's grave, and I'll was going to show him my mother's as well" "Oh, it must have been hard for you both then?" "Yea, it was Janet, we don't need to go to McKenzie, we just needed one another support, far as I know Teal'c is helping Daniel though his pain also" "Well it sounds like a good idea Sam, you both have lost some one close to both of you, if you need any thing, just let us know, ok" "Thanks Janet, and you to Cassie, we better get going, don't want to be late for work, I still got to finish the report about what happen on the last mission and two reactors to look at also."

Sam gave them both a big hug before they all left together, Sam went in her own car, while Cassie went with Janet in her car also. Not knowing that Jacob was on his was to surprise Sam at her home, he was also listening to the radio station as well, when he heard the DJ saying the message and playing the song.

`Jacob, is Jonathan and Samantha, Col O'Neill and your daughter names?' `It could be Selmac, I have heard Sam call him flyboy couple of times, and so it could be them' `With this song that the col has chosen for your daughter, is strange song to show how much he loves her on this day.' `Selmac, today is Valentines day, I think this song is about what happen on natu, what they both went though, remember what Daniel said about how Jack lost his son, well it seams that sokar's blood made him brought up that bad memories about his son Charlie, it is the same with Sam, about losing her mother, she took it pretty hard that day'

`I know, I can see you memories about what happen, she has been though a lot over the years, now it seams she is happy especially with a certain Colonel around' `Selmac, you are suck a old romantic, any way with this song, is about always being there, that is what Jack is say to Sam, that he will always be there fore her' `True, I have never seen how a CO cares about his 2IC so much between females and males, like these two have shown each other' `He dose care about her a lot, after all George has been keeping me up to date on them two since you and I have blended together' `I know Jacob I was there'

By that time they arrive at Sam home, they notice that her car wasn't there, so since Jacob has a spear key to the house, he took the dozen white long stem roses from the passenger seat. Once in the house he went into the dinning area, both he and Selmac notice the roses in the middle of the table, with a note not to far away. Jacob read the note and smiles.

`Jacob what dose Jack mean by chocolate Valentine?' `I don't know, when we get back to the base, I'll have to ask him' `Jacob, you are not going to give him a speech about if he hurting your daughter' `Would I do that?' `Yes, just remember I have all your memories, Jacob. Like the vase that the roses are in, you got that for her when she turn twenty one' `Yes it is, she said that the only time she would use the vase was only on special occasions and from some special' `Well it seams that O'Neill must be some one special Jacob, other wise she would of use one of her other vases she has got' `True, I better get these roses in to water'

Jacob went into the kitchen, to one of Sam cupboards to get a vase out when he notice a box on the breakfast table with a red heart balloon attach to it, then he took out the bear that was on the box, he chuckle to him self before putting it back into the box, then notice another note, so he read that also, then relies that the balloon and the care bear was from Jack.

`Jack dose care about her Jacob' `Yea, it seams so, I never took Jack as a romantic, and well at lest it is one was of showing how much he cares about her' `Yes, at lest you don't have to worry about him hurting her, he cares about her to much to aloud any thing happen to her, he would die fore her' `Yes that is true'

Then Jacob notice four new print outs that was also in the table, when he saw the pictures, he then relies what Sam has gotten Jack for Valentines Day. Once he put the water in the vase and put the roses in it, he put it on Sam's dinning table, with a note before leaving her house to head back the base.

Teal'c and Daniel arrive at the base ten minutes before Jack arrive, they notice the yellow roses and a box wrap up in white paper with red hearts on it. Soon as they sign in, Jack notice that Sam hasn't sign in yet, so soon as he got to the elevator with Daniel and Teal'c, he push the button for the level where Sam's lab is.

"Jack is those flowers and parcel for Sam?" Daniel asks. "Yes it is, after all it is Valentines Day, is it not?" "Ah, well yes, but why yellow roses, why not red?" "Daniel Jackson, red roses mean love, Yellow roses mean friendship" " See, Teal'c knows what they mean" "Oh, ok. So you are going to put them in her lab before she arrives" "Yes, I better do it before getting change, just in case she shows up early"

Then the door opens, the three men walk out of the elevator, and started heading to Sam's lab, they notice the airmen and other staff walking past them with big grins on there faces. Soon as they reach Sam's lab, Jack uses his key card to open the lab door, once open, he turn the light on, before walking into her lab. Soon as he was in there, he could still smell her shower gel and shampoo, with perfume as well. He put the box and the roses on her desk, before leaving the room. Once the light are out and the door close, they all went to the locker room to get change in to their BDU for the day. Fifteen minutes after Jack arrives at the base, Sam, Janet and Cassie arrives there, when they were signing in, they notice the two airmen in duty smiling at Sam.

"What are you two smile at?" Cassie asks. "We both were listening to the radio this morning, we heard what col O'Neill said ma'am" One of the airmen said. "How many heard the station this morning airmen?" Janet asks "I don't know Dr Fraser, but I think the grape vine is going to be busy for the ones who hasn't listen to it this morning" "Oh that's just peachy, has Col O'Neill sign in yet, airmen?" "Yes ma'am, fifteen minutes ago with Dr Jackson and Teal'c as well" "Ok, thanks for that" Sam said before walk towards the elevator. "Excuse me Dr Fraser, can I please have a minute of your time" "Ok, Cassie why don't you go with Sam, I'll catch up in a few minutes" "Ok mum" then Cassie went with Sam in to the elevator when it arrives. Once the doors has close, Janet turn to the airmen.

"Ok, what is it" Janet asks. "Well for one thing General Carter was here, he left about half an hour ago to go and surprise Major Carter at her home, he was listening to the radio station when he left the base" "Oh no, dose the Col know about this?" "No ma'am, but there is lots of smiling faces this morning, for the ones who have arrived here." "Oh boy, talk about surprises for Sam, is there any thing else I should know about?"

"Yes, when Col O'Neill arrived he had a box that looks like a large pizza box wrap up in white paper with red hearts all over it and two dozen long stem yellow roses as well" "You're joking" "No ma'am, I'm not, I just got word from a source that two airmen saw col O'Neill, Dr Jackson and Teal'c go in to Major Carter's Lab, they were there for couple of minutes before leaving, but the thing is My source say that Col O'Neill went in the lab with the box and the roses, but came out empty handed" "Wow, really, thanks for the info, I better go and check it out, I know that Sam will be heading to her lab once she is change, I better go, thanks"

Then she left to walk quickly to the elevator. Soon as she got to the level where Sam's lab is, she walk there quickie, soon as she gout around the corner, she saw both Cassie and Sam at the door ready to open, when Cassie turns around to see Janet approaching them, walking normal by then.

"Mum, is every thing ok?" "Yes Cassie every thing ok" Janet said, with a grin on her face. Sam opens her lab door and turns the light on when she saw the roses and the box on her desk.

"What the" "Sam are you ok?" Cassie asks, as she steps in to the lab from behind Sam, then step a side to see the roses and box also. "Wow, more roses and another gift, Sam this must be your lucky day" Janet also steps into the lab to see them also.

Not knowing that sergeant Walter Davis was about to walk pass the lab when he heard Cassie meansion roses and gift, he stop near the doorway to listen in. "Yea, I wounder who they are from, they cant be from col O'Neill, cause he sent me his valentine gift this morning at home" "Could be from Daniel or even Teal'c" Cassie said.

Sam pick up the roses and smell them, she got a smile on her face, she got something to put them in with water for the day, she notice a white piece of paper in with the roses, she took it out and read it. `Sweet Sam, Happy Valentines day, sweet for a sweet loving, caring Sam I have every seen, you're the best, my sweet Samantha, always yours, secret admirer `

"Wow, I got a secret admirer" Sam said, as she passes the note to Cassie, who read it, then pass it to her mum. "Sam, a secret admirer, who do you thinks it could be?" "I don't know Cassie?"

Then she unwrap the box, to see it was a pizza box, she raise both eyebrows, both Cassie and Janet laugh when they both saw the pizza box.

"Pizza, who would give you a pizza for a Valentine gift?" Janet said. "Open the box Sam, to see what sort of pizza it is" Cassie said, still laughing.

Not knowing that Jack was watching them from the camera room with a grin on his face when he saw both Cassie and Janet laughing at the pizza box.

At that time Jacob arrived back at the base, and now heading to Sam's lab where he saw the sergeant against the wall with his hand over his mouth trying not to laugh and to let them know that he was ears dropping, he turns to hear foot step, notice that is was Jacob walking to wards him, so he walk towards him with his hand still on his mouth, they both still can hear the laughter in the lab.

"What so funny sergeant, you been ears dropping again" "Sorry sir, it's just that I heard that Major Carter just received roses and a pizza for Valentines Day"

Then Walter had to put his hand over his mouth again as he laugh. Selmac was laughing also from what she had heard also, she laugh for both her and Jacob.

"Sorry sir, it's just that it is funny, that all" "That's ok, do you know who they are from?" "Yes, they are from Col O'Neill sir, I heard from one of the air men that he was the one that left the yellow roses and a gift in the Major lab about twenty minutes ago"

Then they both heard Sam voice coming from the lab. Sam opens the box to see the big chocolate chip heart shape cookie with chocolate button smiley face and Sam name on it, with three smaller hearts with the letters `S, A, M' on each of them.

"Oh my god, look at the size of this cookie." Sam said, as she turns the box so both Janet and Cassie could see what was in the box. "Wow Sam that is a big chocolate chip heart shape cookie you got there, with three smaller ones," Cassie said. "Sam, it's got be from col O'Neill alright, remember what he did couple of years ago" "Yea, I remember, I think this is one way of him telling me that he cares about me and always be there for me, when I needed a shoulder to cry on." "Yea, he sure got strange ways of show how he feels about you" Cassie said. "Come on Cassie, we better let Sam get on with her work, save some for us at lunch," Janet said, winking at Sam, before leaving with Cassie.

At that time both Walter and Jacob disappeared around a corner so Janet and Cassie won't catch them both out side Sam's lab. When Janet and Cassie walk pass then, Cassie suddenly stop and look around the corner, she sense a presents of a goa'uld, then she saw Walter blushing and Jacob, he had his finger to his lip, she nodded then turns to walk quickly to catch up with Janet, now she knows that Jacob is on the base, he is going to surprise Sam. "I better get back to work sir" "Ok, see you around sergeant, oh if you see Col O'Neill, don't tell him that I'm here, ok" "Ok, sir"

Then Walter left to head back to the control room. Jacob walk to Sam's lab, he stop at her door, watch her working on her laptop computer, he saw the roses on her desk next to her, and he was smiling, looking at her working. Sam look up from her computer when she sense a goa'uld present, she smile when she saw her father standing in the door way looking at her, it reminds her of Jack doing the same thing when ever he was bord.

"Hey" Sam said, as she got up from her chair. "Hi ya kiddo, how are you feeling?" "Good thanks dad, you and Selmac, how are you both doing?" As they both hug one another. "Good, the tok'ra letting me have some time here on earth after what had happen on that moon" "Hey, that's good to hear, when did you get in?" As they both sat down facing one another.

"About three hours ago, I though I'll surprise you at home, but you were already on your way here, I use the key you left here for me when you were off world, well I got you some roses since it is valentines day, I got you dozen white ones." "Thank you dad, but you didn't have to do that for me" "I know, but after what had happen on that planet, well I see I'm not the only one who has sent you roses?"

"Yea, ah are you talking about the ones here or at home?" "Both, I got a confection to make, if I don't do it, Selmac is going to bug me till I do" "What confession?" Sam look confused. "I heard you talk to Cassie and Dr Fraser just before" "Oh about the roses and what Col O'Neill got me" "Yes, I saw the care bear and the balloon" Jacob said, with a smile on his face, Sam notices it also. "Well he knows a lot about my past dad, about what happen to mum" "I see is that is why he got you the roses and gifts" "Yes dad, he is keeping both professional and personal lives sperate, that is why he had the red rose derived to home and he brought the yellow ones here."

"Well that is a good idea, but why did he do that?" "Dad you know about the regs, I think that is why he brought these yellow ones here, every one know that yellow roses mean friendship" "I see, so he really dose care about you then?" "Yes dad, he dose, looks what else he did for me"

As Sam got up from her desk to go over to where the file ling cabinets were, on top off them was the pizza box, she pick it up and show it to her father. "What, pizza, that is a strange gift Sam" "Well it's what inside this box which is different dad" Then she put the box in the counter and opens it up for her father to have a look what's inside of it. He laughs when he saw the cookies. "Did he make these?" "Yep, he sure did dad" Sam said with a smile on her face, Jacob eyebrows rise up in surprise. "Why chocolate chip Sam?"

"Remember when you told me about what happen to mum accident?" As she close the lid on the box up. "Yes, you were making" He stops there, looking at Sam sad face. "Chocolate chip cookies for mum, that was the last time I made them, I haven't since then dad, the others know about it also"

There was a tear falling down her check, Jacob got up and gave her a hug, as he was giving her a hug, he notice that Jack was standing in the door way watching then both. Sam had her back to Jack. Jacob gave Jack a small wave for him to enter the room, so Jack walk in there quietly with out letting Sam know that he is there, but she knows that he is there, but she wasn't going to let him know that.

"I miss her dad, I miss her so much" "I know I miss her to Sam" "Jack knows what it's like to lose some one, he lost his son like I lost mum, it happen suddenly, with mum it was the car accident, with (sniff) with Jack his son accidentally shot him self with Jack's gun, he never forgave him self, I think he is still hurting today. Daniel was the one who told me about what happen to his son Charlie. Dad you know what he is going though, you been there, with what happen to mum,"

Jack was stun and shock with what Sam has told her father, Jacob notices the sad look on Jack face when Sam said his son name.

"Sam, do you care about him?" "Yes, I care about him, lot more than I suppose to, there is some thing about Col O'Neill, it's in his eyes, when I look into them and on his face, there is some thing special about him, before I found out about his family, he didn't want to talk about it. When Daniel told me after what happen to him on a planet, then I under stood what he was going though, but he didn't know about Jonas at that time till he showed up one day, I didn't know he was transferred to the base here." "How did Jack find out about what happen?" "The look" "What do you mean?"

As he pulls out of the embrace to look at her, Jack was just standing few feet behind her.

"He could see it on my face, in my eyes, when we look at each other, it's like we can read one another minds, he could see the hurt in my eyes. He came here in the lab to talk to me about Jonas, I could see that if Jonas hurt me while I'm here, Jack would protect me and most probably kill him" As she wipe her tears away from her face. "What happen to him?" "He was killed on a planet, the people there think that he was a god, so he let then believe it, he killed one of the men form his unit. One of the Lieutenants manage to dial the gate but didn't come though, so General Hammond sent us to find out what was going on. If you want to dad, I could get copy of my report, so you could read it and then you would know what happen to him" "Well I'll talk to George first, to see if it is ok with him" "Ok, dad" "How did you tell Jack about Jonas?"

"Well we had three days down time, so he invited us to his place for a barbeque, that night after the barbeque, we were all sitting down talking, I didn't say much but Jack knew some thing was up, to him when that happens, he says it's a red flag to him and he wanted to know what was going on in my brain and how I won't give it a rest cause I'm always thinking" Jacob laugh, shaking his head.

"What's so funny dad?" "Well he is right, you do think to much Sam, any was about Jonas?" "Oh yea, that. Jack ask me about him, how I knew him, so I told them about how we meet fell in love, well that's what I though at the time, getting engage, braking it off with him. I told them every thing dad, since then till he was killed, they keep an eye on me when we are here and SG9 was on the base, just in case" "Well did he try any thing on you?" "No, he wasn't here for every long before he was killed" "Ok, at lest you know they care about you like I do" "Yea I know, I care about them also dad, after all we are the odd SG team on the base"

Jacob just laugh, noticing Jack got a smile on his face nodding to agree with her.

"Well that is true after all you got an x-jaffa who loves watching, what was it?" "Star wars" "Yea right, you got Daniel who love playing with his artefacts and reading a lot about the Egypt history and who also sneezes a lot to if he doesn't take his meds before leaving earth." "Well that is true, it drive Col O'Neill crazy with the sneezing" "Well Jack is the odd one even for a col of the air force" "What do you mean dad?" "Well he loves watching the Simpson's, plus he has the collection, plus he loves his Chinese food and pizza, plus marinating his steaks in beer, now that is different, I must say" "Well that's Jack for Ya, at lest he is a good host when we show up at his place for the barbeque, we all stay there for the night cause Daniel gets drunk after one beer, and Teal'c is just learning to drive, plus I would of has few beers as well."

"Well that's good to here, now what are you going to do once you finish with every thing here?" "Well dad, Col O'Neill and I have plans for few days, we are going to Washington to see mum's grave" "Oh, why do you want him to go with you?" "Well we both had a agreement dad, I go with him when he visits his sons grave, so he is going with me to visit mum" "Oh ok, would you like for me to come along or do you two want to be alone?" "Well since you are going to be here for a little while, I could ask him, to see if it al right, cause you don't know when you will be back here to visit again" "Well that is true after all I'm busy man, plus it would give Selmac a chance to visit her grave and I could show her the sites while I'm there." "Dad, we would love to have you tag alone"

Jack final spoke up, making Sam jump. She turn around seeing him standing there with a grin on his face, he walk up to her, looking into her puffy red eyes.

"Well what you say Sam, as dad said he want to show Selmac around Washington while we are there, I think this could be fun" "Well it's ok with me, so long it is ok with Selmac" Then she turns to look at her father. "Selmac said it is fine with her also, she also said it would be good for us to visit her grave, I know it has been a while. I'll go and talk to George, to get things sorted out, when are we leaving?" "Tomorrow afternoon dad, we are catching a flight from Peterson air force base to Washington" "Ok, I'll see if I can hitch a ride with you two, see you two at lunch"

Then he gives Sam a quick kiss on her forehead before leaving them two in the room alone. Once he was gone, Sam turns to look at Jack.

"Thank you sir for the flowers and the gifts" "That's alright Sam, I hope you like them all" "Yes, I do love them all, this is the best valentines gift I have ever got from any guy, this is to much, but I do under stand why you sent the red roses to my home with the care bear and the heart balloon" "Oh, you want to tell me now or later?" "Now, you have them deliver to my home this morning cause, as you put on the note about being me being your chocolate Valentine and that you will be my care bear" "Well yes, it is true, you are my sweet Samantha on this day from now on. Every Valentines day you will get from me the roses that you get at home as well as these ones here" "Oh sir, you don't have to do that for me, one rose is enough on this day, you don't have to go all out for me" "Yes I do Sam, you are special to me, not just me 2IC, my friend, I do worry and I do carry about you, I know that I shouldn't, but I do Sam"

As he walks closer to her, then held both of her hands in his, they both look in to one another's eyes.

"Sam thank you for your surprise this morning, when I got them, both Daniel and Teal'c were there, they gave me a hard time about it, but all I was thinking was about you, you are the best thing that has happen to me since Charlie, what ever happen, I'll always be there for you, like you have for me" "Thank you Jack, you mean so much to me also, I'll always be there for you to" Sam said, with a little smile. "Come here"

So they both let go of one another hands and step closer to each other, they put there arms around each other, and hug, Sam started crying on Jack shoulder, he was rubbing her back for comfort. She knows there he will be there for her, whenever she needed him. Not knowing that both Jacob and George were watching them on the computer monitor from the security room, they both know that they care about one another, but it didn't interfere with there work. After few minutes, Sam stop crying and started sniffing, so Jack got his hanky out of his pocket, them pull away from Sam so he could give it to her, she took it from his hand and wipe away her tears with it, then she got couple of tissues from the box that was on her table to blow her nose, while that was happening, he was still rubbing her back.

"Are you ok now Sam?" "Yes thanks, I'm sorry for crying like that, it's just that Janet said that I'll still have flash backs of what happen to my mother for while longer cause of the protein marker and the naquada that is in me, so if you see me like this, then you would know why" "Ok, thanks for letting me know now, any way would like to join me in the mess hall, I hear that they have got chocolate cake today with chocolate frosting on it also" Jack said, with a smile, hoping it would cheer Sam up.

"Yes, that sounds good, and with hot chocolate" "Mmm, yummy and don't for get the marshmallows as well" "How can I forget that also?" Sam said, giggling

Just as they were about to leave for the mess hall, Sam phone rings.

"Carter… yes sir, he is here… yes sir we will be there in few minutes, we leaving now… bye" then she hung up, then turns around looking at Jack. "General Hammond wants to see us in the briefing room now" "What, now, Dam, no cake" "No cake and hot chocolate with marshmallows" "Dam, I was looking ford to shearing some with you, oh well we better get going" Making Sam smile.

Then they both left to go to the briefing room. When they got there, there was Jacob, George, Teal'c, Daniel, Janet and Cassie there waiting for them to arrive, when they did, they sat next to one another like they always did at briefings.

"What's going on sir?" Jack asks "Well col, Major, Cassie has a surprise for us today, Cassie" George said.

Then there was a knock on the door; Sargent Davis walks in with tow airmen behind him. He was carrying a white box, he places it in front of George, then the two airmen put the plates, desert forks, big knife, big mugs, tin of marshmallows and two jugs of hot chocolate on the table before leaving.

"Thank your airmen, sergeant, dismiss" Then he opens the box and smile, he the pass the box around the table for every one to look at it. It was a 40cm heart shape chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and strawberries around the sides of it with every one's first name on top of it in white icing whose is at the table.

"This is from me to all of you here today, happy Valentines Day SG1, Jacob, Dr Fraser and Cassie" George said. "Thank you sir" they all said.

George cut up the cake while Jack pour the hot chocolate for every one, once every one got some cake and hot chocolate. "Jacob, I hope Selmac like chocolate?" "Yes Jack she dose, I better be careful though, it seam that chocolate makes her, well drunk" Making every one laugh in the room. "Dad I didn't know that?" "Well you do now Sam" "Well next time there going to be a party and the tok'ra going to be invited, we better make sure that we got plenty of chocolate for them, they can get drunk on that and we can with the alcohol" Jack said, smiling, making Sam laugh. Jacob just shocks his head while smiling at the same time.

"Ok you guys, now I have a surprise for you all, remember about two years ago we had a family barbeque at Jack's place, you guys got drunk" Cassie said, they nodded including George, Jacob notice he nodded to. "George you got drunk?" "Yep, we had fun also, I think, I don't remember much about that night, except for a hang over the next morning" George said chuckling. "Any way since you guys don't remember what happen, well just before us females left you place Jack for about half an hour, I set up my video camera, well it tape every thing that happen that night" "Cassie, you didn't" Sam asks. "Yep, it took me a while to get it on to CD, with what happen after I went to bed, I change tapes, but before I show you all it, you all got to promise me, that what you hear and see, stays in this room and no one else knows about what happen over the weekend, ok"

They all promise, then she started the player they all watch it. They were all laughing at what Jack did with the mixer, when the flour went everywhere, and then they saw Jack putting beer in to the mixture. Then they all see him put some of the mixture on the tray and into the oven before leaving to go in to the lounge.

Then they all saw Janet, Sam and Cassie walking in to the kitchen area, they saw the women trying not to laugh when they saw what Sam was pulling the tray out of the oven. Every one laugh when they saw the size of the cookies that Jack did up. Then they all saw Cassie putting spoonfuls one to the tray.

"See Jack only one spoonful for one cookie, not three" Cassie said smiling at him.

Jack just shakes his head before turning back to the screen. Then they saw Cassie heading to bed, and then it showed Janet and Sam talking. They were talking about Sam mother and about what happen on the planet; even about the last time she made the cookies.

The next Sean was when Jack was waking up with a groan, then it was on George, who was waking up, then they heard jack-telling Cassie to turn the camera off. They all laugh at what George said about the hang over. There was the Sean where the two men had taken there aspirins and water, then coffee, and then it was on Daniel who was coming down the hall wall, they watch what he was doing.

Then it was a short piece in Sam wearing Jack favourite hockey shirt and in his bed asleep, then it show Jack getting up from his chair asking about his shirt, then it showed Jack and Cassie in his room talking, while Sam was still sleeping, the camera was on Jack face, what she talk about the cookies, and how he just remember them. Then it showed Jack climbing on to the bed next to Sam, they were talking.

"So that is how I ended up in the spear room then" Daniel said.

Then they heard them talking again, then saw Sam giving Jack a kiss, and them both yelling at Cassie at the same time. Jacob look over to where Jack and Sam are, Sam was blushing, at that part, Jack was looking at her with a smile on his face, not knowing the under the table, he was holding her hand. Then they all look at the screen again.

Then they all saw where both Sam and Jack ran into the dinning area; Cassie took picture of every one face when they all saw what Sam was wearing. Teal'c was using the video camera at that time.

Then it shows them at the caravel, having a great time. Every one was taking turns using her digital camera taking pictures of each other. They were having a great time. Then there was a part where Janet was using the video camera. They all heard and saw what happen.

"Cassie why don't you and Teal'c here go on the ferrous wheel?" Jack said. "Ok, only if you and Sam go on there also?" "It's fine with me Jack" "Ok, why don't you give Janet the camera?"

Cassie gave Janet the camera and asks her to take plenty of shots of Jack and Sam; they saw the camera move up and down for `Yes'. It show Teal'c and Cassie in one lot of seats, then five seats later was Jack and Sam, he has his arm around her and she got her head on his shoulder, they were both smiling, some parts they were looking at each other, and talking, not knowing that there pictures were being taken. Then it stops. Cassie looks at them.

"Well, what did you guys think about that?" "Embarrassing, but it was funny" Sam said. "Yea, I can't believe what I did to the mixture, at lest ever one lived" Jack said. They all laugh. "Dad, what did you think of it?" Sam asks.

"Well it was funny alright, plus it had some sad part about what happen to Gail, my wife, how it affected you Sam and to Mark, how it affected the family after what happen that day. After watching the video and every one faces turning red with embarrassment, with what has happen that weekend. It is good to see how you all get on together not just here on the base or off world, but even when you are on down time, you all stick together, trying to cheer one another up, like what you did with Sam. Jack I don't know what to say, thank you for what you have done for Sam, cheering her up, help rescuing Selmac and me. I can see how happy Sam is now, she is with her friends that love her and care about her." "Thanks dad, that means a lot to all of us, we are a family together." Sam said, with a smile on her face as she looks at her father.

"Jacob, thanks, I do try to do my best to keep my team safe and happy if I can" Jack said. "Your welcome Jack, I am just warning you know Jack, if you" Jack cut him off waving both hands in the air. "Hey, I know what you are going to say Jacob, trust me, if I did hurt her, well you would have to get in line like every one else here. Sam will go on about her teachable and beat the crap out of me and talk about her doohickie for a month, Daniel will go on about his rocks for weeks on end, Teal'c, well his boxing getting better, Janet here with her needles, shell I go on?" Jacob just smile and chuckle, shaking his head. "No, I get the picture Jack, so long as you keep her safe and happy like I have just seen, it will make me happy as well" "That's good to hear" "Well I have made copies of the pictures from that weekend, so here they are" Cassie said,

As she passes big envelopes to each of them, they all open them up and laugh at the different ones that were there. After they all talk for a bit longer, they clean up the mess, and then all left the briefing room. Jacob had to go and lie down in the V.I.P room for couple of hour's cause of Selmac had too much chocolate. Sam went back to her lab, to finish up before lunch. Daniel went back to his office to carry on with some translations that one of the SG team brought back over a week ago. Jack and Teal'c went to the gym to work out for a while before lunch. George went back to his office to catch up on the reports that was on his desk.

They all meet at the mess hall for lunch. Jack notice that Sam hasn't turned up for lunch, he knows that she forgets about time when she is working on one of her doohickies. Jack went to get her from her lab, when he reach the door way, he folding his arms across his chest, leaning against the door watching her work on one of her toys, he smiles every time he see her working on some thing that he's doesn't under stand, but he loves watching her work.

"Carter" Jack said with a low voice so he won't make her jump cause she got some thing in her hand, he didn't want to risk he dropping what ever it was, just in case it explode or some thing, she turns to look at him, she gave him one of her smile that always sends shivers down his spine, he walks in to the room. "Sam, every one is waiting for you" As he taps his watch. Then Sam look at her watch, she didn't relies it was that time, then looks at him. "Sorry sir, I have been busy, I forgot all about the time" She puts the thing down, and then starts to turn every thing off. Once done, she had a look around the room before grabbing the pizza box and turning off the lights. They both walk together side by side to the mess hall.

"So did you like the cookies that I have done for you?" when he pointed to the box that is in her hands. "Yes, thank you, I'm going to shear it with every one at lunch, I hope you don't mind, after all we are going to be away for few days" "Yea, well that is true, might as well eat them while they are fresh then" "Yea, I hope that there is no beer in this batch?" "Nope, when I made them I was sober, not drunk like I was two years ago"

Making Sam laugh remembering the video that they all saw earlier. "Yea, I can't believe what Cassie did, I felt embarrass when it came to the part where Janet and I was talking about what happen on the planet" "Hey, it's ok Sam, you don't have to be embarrass about it, after all we all know about the birds and the bees" "Well perhaps you should explain it to Teal'c then" Making her giggle. "Hey, what did I say about giggling, any way I should let Daniel talk to Teal'c about it." "I would like to be the fly on the wall, when Daniel try's to explain that to him"

They both laugh as they walk into the mess hall. Sam passes the box to Jack, while she went to get her usual lunch; Jack went back to the table and put the box down on it. Sam went to join them, she sat across from Jack, Jacob was watching them both talking and laughing with each other and to the others that was at the table.

Sam notices that her father was watching them both, but she wasn't worried at all. They all talk for a while; looking at the pictures that Cassie took from her camera. Sam gave Jacob and Jack two of the three smaller cookies that Jack had made, Jack got the one with the letter `A' on it, while Jacob got the one with the letter `M' on it, Sam had the one with `S' on it.

The others shared the bigger one. They only ate half of it. Sam gave the rest to her father since he was going to be using her car while her and Jack is away for the afternoon. Jacob was staying at Sam's place for the night since the three of them are heading to Washington the next day.