samandjack.net

Story Notes: reference to Children of the Gods
This is a respone to the Arm Wrestling challenge that i seem to remember...


The air was thick with tension. The competitors faced each toher off. They had dueld many times before, neither having a clear win.

Eyes narrowed, Sam said, "So what's it gonna be, Colonel?"

A small grin flickered over Jack's lips as he replied, "Well, Major, you promised me an arm westle a while ago... How about it?"

Sam looked slightly puzzled for a second before she remembered what he was talking about. With a sweep of her arm, she cleared the table between them. She placed her elbow ot top of it, flexing her fingers. Jack leant forwards and placed his hand in hers. Sam took a deep breath, trying to control the shiver that ran through her has their hands made contact. She glanced at Jack, who looked slightly distracted, which was most unlike him.

"You ok, Colonel?"

A slight flush crept up his neck as he said, "Yeah Major. You ready?" Sam nodded, tensing her arm slightly in preparation.

"Go!" BOth of them jumped the command slightly, matching each other in treachery. Jack held back slightly, giving Sam a chance. Sam held back, knowing that Jack would be the gallant gentleman and take it easier on her. She forced her hand towards the table suddenly. The sudden movement jerked Jack's head fowards, his nose only centimetres from Sam's. A rueful grin crossed his face as he met her eyes, which were sparkling in mirth now. He glared at her for fully a second before his gaze softened. The physical contest forgotten, the look between them intensified, each engaged in a battle of wills with themselves, fighting the forces that were pulling them together.

Their hands still locked they both felt the almost electric spark flowing from one to the other. Not blinking, their heads came slowly together. When they were only a millimeter apart, they stopped, searching for answers. Silent words seemed to hang in the air as they inhaled the other's breath. What the hell, why not?

Their grip tightened as they closed the remaining distance, lips locking in a fierce kiss. Fingers reached for belts and shirt tails as tongues dueled for dominance, all else forgotten as they let down the barriers and ignored the regs, following their instincts.

Sam looked around, trying to find her bra. Jack wordlessly pointed to the chair back, where the offending item had been thrown, forgotten about earlier. Jack ran his eyes over her semi-naked body, a huge grin forming. Seeing his look, Sam said, "What are you thinking, Jack?"

Jack's grin widened as he replied, "I was wondering if you're aleways that... enregetic."

Sam chuckled as she did her bra up, saying, "Oh yeah...I can go all night."

Jack's eyebrows shot up. "Sounds like a challenge..."



Finis!