samandjack.net

Story Notes: Author's Notes: The sequel has arrived! Oh it took me a while, but its here! I have always loved 'Vulnerability' since I began writing it in Yr7. Now I've finally completed the story and I can rest at night in the knowledge that the story that began in the days of my youth is now ready to be read by you guys!

Dedications: Hannah, I should stop praising you! But I can't! It's physically impossible! You are the greatest girly friend I could have and I will NEVER forget you. Love you, Hon. Also to all my friends and to all of you guys who have read my stuff. I'm glad to hear what you think. Thanks again.

The waiting is over... Finding Strength!


~~~Å~~~

Part Five

It was only when she slapped him that Jack finally listened to what Cassie was frantically trying to tell him. As he'd refused to go see 'Sam', she'd had to tell him what was going on. He hadn't listened, disagreed with every word she'd said and it had obviously irritated her.

Her hazel eyes glared at him, "Jack! Your Wife and your Daughter's lives are at stake! Will you listen to me?!"

Jack stared back at the kitchen floor as he pulled a hand over his unshaven cheek, scratchy with stubble, trying to numb the pain. Cassie could slap harder than a guy could've punched!

The young woman spoke again, obviously not a bit sorry for slapping him, "Now you listen to me and you listen good! If we don't find Sam's body and find a way to get her back inside it both her and Megan are going to die!" Cassandra's eyes began to fill with tears, Jack could hear it in her voice, "And I can't lose them both again! I can't lose you again!"

Jack looked up at her in surprise, "Lose me?"

Cassie nodded and sniffed, her tears disappearing as she spoke seriously, "I lost my real father when I was barely old enough to walk. I lost my mother to a disease that every single person from my planet died from except me. I lost Sam, one of my dearest friends and as close to me as a mother. I lost you when you lost her."

Jack blinked and murmured, "I'm sorry, Cass."

She nodded obviously having experienced enough pain in her life that was only just over two decades old. She spoke quietly, "A year ago, I almost lost Rya'c and it nearly killed me..."

Jack remembered the incident, remembering how that had been the point where they had all realised there was love between the two young people. Rya'c, Teal'c and Bray'tac had all gone on a mission to protect a camp of Jaffa rebels from an attack from Apophis Bray'tac had heard of through his contacts. When they arrived they'd almost been too late. The gliders and various other Goa'uld ships had arrived minutes afterwards. The evacuation of the camp had been an overall success although Rya'c had returned mortally wounded, Teal'c only slightly better off. The Jaffa didn't possess the medical facilities to care for him so Dr. Fraiser and a medical team were requested for...

Cassie continued, obviously emotionally drained as she whispered, "I was terrified when I heard what had happened to him. I love him with all my heart and I didn't want him to die and for me to end up like you did." Jack was about to object, but Cassie continued regardless, "Don't deny it! You died the same time she did. On Tuesday, when you brought my mom home, I thought you were back from the dead," she stared at him with her piercing hazel eyes in an expression that almost broke his heart, "And now you're just going to give up. Die all over again. I know you will because losing Megan, losing Sam and losing the chance to have her alive and well again will kill you. You don't have to be an Air force Colonel or a top astrophysicist to see it."

Slowly, Cassie rose and moved to the door of the kitchen. She hesitated in the doorway, her hands holding the doorframe, without looking back, "And I thought you should know. Apophis did this as revenge. He has Sam's body and without a doubt is taking his revenge on 'her' somewhere out there..." Cassie looked over her shoulder at him, "If you loved her, you'd go out there, find that sick bastard, kick his arse and get her body back. The Jack O'Neill I knew would've done that, at least to respect her wishes..."

"And what are her wishes?"

Cassie turned away again and her hands slid from the doorframe. She stepped from the room leaving it in an eerie silence after she whispered, "That her daughter can live."

~~~Å~~~

It was early morning and Jack, as usual was restless. He climbed from beneath his sheets and made his usual pilgrimage to his dresser, pulling on a baggy t-shirt and a pair of jeans from his wardrobe. He glanced at his son, snuggled up in a sleeping bag on a blow up bed at the other end of his room. Ryan hadn't wanted to sleep in the same room as... her. She was neither his daughter nor his deceased wife and so he had nothing to call her.

He slipped out of the room and stood in the hallway for a second. His eyes flicked from the stairs to the door of the kids' bedroom and back again. He sighed softly and then moved to the door that was ajar. He glanced inside silently pushing the door open. It swung back without a squeak and Jack stepped into the room.

His eyes fell on his daughter's body. She lay on her side in a ball, one hand placed palm down on the empty space of pillow beside her beautiful face. She was neither sucking her thumb nor hugging Teddy; both things reminded Jack that this was not his little girl. Her closed eyes had greyish circles beneath them and she looked pale her face taking on an expression that Jack only associated with one person. It was the expression Sam used to wear whilst she slept after she'd been crying hard. A tiny frown between her eyebrows, the corners of her mouth curving down ever so slightly, her jaw clenched even in sleep...

Jack realised for the hundredth time how much Megan looked like her mother. His eyes tingled although not enough for him to cry. He released his breath in a soft sigh as he slowly leant against the doorframe, folding his arms across his chest in a position Jack guessed he'd learnt from Daniel.

He watched her sleep for a few minutes, barely daring to breathe. He watched as Megan's hand moved slightly against the pillow. Her fingers flexed slightly as if she was trying to grip the pillow, trying to reach for someone who wasn't there...

He couldn't bear this anymore. He turned around and began to move towards the stairs...

"Do you still love her?"

The whispered statement made him jump. He spun on his heels to see Cassie, her hair tousled and she was stood by the spare bedroom door, in her pyjamas. She'd stayed the night just in case something happened to Sam/Megan again and suddenly Jack wondered just how long the woman had been stood watching him with knowing eyes.

Jack hissed back in her direction, "You made me jump!"

Cassie spoke again, her voice serious, "Jack, tell me! Do you still love her?"

Jack gulped slightly, his eyes moving to the floor as he relished the silence for as long as he could. He sighed as he murmured, "More than anything. Cass, I have to go. I have to go now. I don't care how, but I'm going to the SGC and I'm going to find that bastard. I'll make him pay and I'll get her body back because I can't live without her anymore. I just... can't."

A watery smile came to Cassandra's lips as she whispered hurriedly, "Go. Take Dad. Go to Teal'c and Rya'c. Sam told me that Apophis has got her locked up in a fortress somewhere. The Jaffa resistance might know where. Just... be safe!"

Jack jogged to her, kissed her on the cheek and pulled her into a hug before he spoke quietly, "Take care of my family." When she nodded he sped downstairs and straight out his front door into his truck.

Cassie stood on the landing and sighed softly. She wiped a tear from her face...

"He loves me...?"

Cassie jumped to see Megan... Sam stood in the doorway of her room. She was also in tears although she was silent for a few minutes just staring into space before she murmured, "To me it feels like second since we were sat in the hospital and he was telling me not to be afraid. Strange how after all this time he...?"

Cassie watched the woman in a child's body as she glanced at her and spoke with a tiny smile, "Night Cassie. Sweet dreams."

As quickly as she appeared, she vanished back into her bedroom, softly closing the door behind her, leaving Cassie alone in the corridor. She smiled again to herself sniffed slightly and then padded back into the spare room, glad to have made Jack realise his own denial and happy that Sam knew her husband still loved her.

She collapsed on the bed with a small sigh and crawled beneath the duvet as she closed her eyes, drifting off into her dreams. Memories filled her mind. Sam and Jack getting married, her parents getting married, Rya'c proposing to her... before her memories mixed with things to come and she fell into oblivion.

~~~Å~~~

The gate spun, Davis calling out the usual 'Chevron One Encoded' and so on and so forth as Jack stood before the alien device and marvelled at its beauty.

It had been so long since he'd last stood here. Just under 6 years ago, when Teal'c had left back to Chulak. At the time there had been a lot of racism towards the Jaffa and although the main opinion of the world was that Teal'c was a hero, there had been a minority who'd tried to kill him more than once. Earth had become in Teal'c's words, 'Not only a jeopardy for my own health, but a most unpleasant experience.'

"You OK?"

Jack glanced at his best friend and smiled slightly. Daniel stood, dressed in BDUs with a P-90 hanging around his neck and a coffee cup in his hands. Daniel looked so exhausted and Jack felt sorry for dragging the guy out of bed at 3 in the morning, but he had to know... He had to know if he could save her...

"I'm fine..." Jack said softly, his eyes moving back to the magnificent ring before him. The Stargate locked the last chevron, Earth, and with a spectacular whoosh of light, sound and blue, it came to life in a way that Jack had almost forgotten. His mind filled with wonderment, the mechanical functions of the gate becoming more poignant. How on Earth could he have forgotten this? How could he have forgotten the feeling of excitement and anxiety as he stood in the gate room with Teal'c, Daniel and Sam? How could he have forgotten it?

The SGC had been his life. He'd always thought he'd be lost without it, but truth was it was his team and Sam who made the SGC was for him, and without any of them it became nothing more than a job.

"You don't look fine," Daniel said, gulping down the last of his coffee.

Jack spoke, a small frown creasing his brow, "Well I will be fine..."

They began to walk up the ramp, their air force regulation boots clanking slightly, a few SFs saluting, Sgt. Davis speaking through the mike: "Good luck, Sir. I hope you find her."

Daniel spoke in an undertone as they reached the Gate and Jack hesitated, "Jack, you do know that..." Daniel sighed softly and as Jack glanced at him he gave a strained smile, "Just don't get your hopes up."

Jack nodded, his lips pursing into a thin line as he stepped into the wormhole.

~~~Å~~~

Teal'c stood waiting to see his closest friends for the first time in 6 years. It was stood here in the cool darkness of winter night time that Teal'c regretted not seeing his friends enough. He'd been here on Chulak for 6 years and that was too long a time by far.

The recent events in O'Neill's life had had a strange impact on the Jaffa. He'd had a strange dream, a nightmare after he'd heard the news the previous day. A nightmare of Samantha O'Neill, alone and scared at the hands of Apophis and then flashbacks of when Daniel Jackson's Abydonian wife, Sha're, had been chosen to become the host to Ammounet.

Teal'c changed his position slightly as his mentor spoke from beside him, "They will come through shortly."

He nodded slightly and turned to Bray'tac. He gave a small smile, "I cannot tempt you to accompany us on this quest for Samantha O'Neill, Old man?"

Bray'tac chuckled and pulled his cloak tighter around him, a small wisp of water vapour leaving his mouth, "I am too old, Teal'c. If I could fight as well as I could 10 years ago, I would be at your side when you saved Samantha O'Neill. But I can not and it is not 10 years ago, when Samantha O'Neill was Major Carter and you were all fighting alongside each other as SG-1," Bray'tac sighed slightly, looking much frailer to Teal'c in the reduced light, "My honour is pained that I can not be there to assist you, especially when I owe Samantha O'Neill my life many times over. I regret that I shall not be able to repay that debt to her, except with the knowledge of where she may be detained..."

Teal'c looked at his teacher, "She would be most grateful to you and the loyal Jaffa who gained that information and risked his life to send it to us."

Bray'tac nodded, "I was surprised how quickly I got a reply and even more shocked that it was the information we required."

With a sudden explosion of light from the gate, both men looked at the ring in awe. When the two figures staggered down the steps and the blinding blue and white light disappeared, Teal'c felt a wide smile form on his face.

He stepped towards the two men, embracing both of them before pulling back, "It is most pleasing to see you both again."

O'Neill gave a small, tired smile, "And you, Teal'c."

Teal'c took in the appearances of his two dear companions. Daniel Jackson's hair was ruffled and messy, as was O'Neill's, who was greyer than when Teal'c had last seen him. They both had tired circles beneath their eyes and had obviously left Earth at an extremely early hour in the morning, 3am if Teal'c's calculations were accurate.

O'Neill seemed much older and wearier. Teal'c knew how hard the past several years must have been for him, Teal'c yet again regretting that their reunion had not come sooner and been under slightly less urgent circumstances.

Daniel spoke with a yawn as he shivered slightly in the chill, Teal'c noticing some signs of ageing on his face also, "Do you know where she is?"

Teal'c nodded towards Master Bray'tac as the old man spoke, "Dr. Jackson, Colonel O'Neill. It is an honour to meet with you both after so long."

They both inclined their head respectfully as Jack murmured softly, his voice husky with obvious desperation and emotion, "What do you know? Where is she?"

The elderly Jaffa spoke, beckoning for them to follow him as he began walking back towards the town; "You must rest for a few hours and eat something before we discuss how you may rescue her." He glanced at the strong Tau'ri beside him, "You appear very fatigued and that will not help you help her."

Jack shook his head and stopped only a few yards from the Gate, "We can sleep when she's back home and safe. Please Bray'tac. Is she alive?"

Bray'tac sighed with a tired expression on his face, "Yes. She is alive. From what my contact has told me, she's alive. In fact, it was only at some time between the past month and this week that she has been revived successfully. What I gathered from my servant undercover in that fortress is that Apophis has been trying to erase her memory..."

Daniel frowned, "But how can that be? Sam's consciousness is in Megan."

Bray'tac nodded, "Apparently, something of her remains for it has been very difficult for Apophis to brainwash her, most likely for the purpose of giving her a Goa'uld..."

"But that makes no sense either," Daniel said, his frown deepening further as he folded his arms characteristically, "Why would he have to brainwash Sam for her to become host to a Goa'uld?"

Teal'c spoke up, his deep melodic voice a comfort to Jack O'Neill, "It seems that the fragment of Samantha O'Neill still present in her body is most reluctant to be implanted. Although the Jaffa who is hidden amongst Apophis's serpent guards could not relay much information to us, we were told that the Goa'uld is Apophis's lover, Kephni, and that in turn the Goa'uld becomes extremely irritated when they try to introduce her into Samantha O'Neill's body."

Daniel sighed, as if the situation was exasperatingly illogical, "Why would a Goa'uld reject a body? It makes no sense!"

Teal'c spoke again, "We shall see if our secret operative can relay anything more." He turned to the ancient Jaffa beside him, "Master Bray'tac, are you capable of returning to your abode alone?"

He nodded with a chuckle, "I shall cope, Teal'c."

Daniel spoke up, "Give my regards to Rya'c, won't you?"

Bray'tac inclined his head, "The next time I see you, it shall be at your daughter and Rya'c's wedding, no doubt." He nodded and then spoke to the two Tau'ri, "Good luck on your quest and I hope you are able to save Samantha."

O'Neill didn't reply as Daniel Jackson glanced at him for a second and then smiled at the Jaffa Master, "Thank you for all your help, Bray'tac."

Bray'tac smiled in return before slowly continuing his way down the path towards the Jaffa settlement, his age finally catching up with him. A small smile came to Jack's face as he remember the time he'd first met Bray'tac and the 112 year old man had one in a fight due to Jack underestimating him. He'd never made the same mistake again.

Teal'c placed a hand on O'Neill's shoulder before turning them back to face the Gate, the metal glinting in the chilled moonlight, "Hurry. We must leave immediately."

Teal'c stepped up to the DHD and began to slowly press the chevrons, each one lighting up in that familiar orange colour, a swishing clunk following every time his fingers pressed one.

Teal'c spread his palm out, pressing the glowing amber hemisphere in the centre; the illusion of water that was made of electric-blue and dazzling-white energy erupted from the metal ring.

Jack gripped his P-90 tightly in his hands as the three of them walked slowly up to the event horizon and through to the other side...

The sound of around 60 staff weapons engaging met them as they re-emerged in a forest, the canopy only broken by a Goa'uld fortress, monstrous and enormous, gilded and covered in serpent gargoyles...

~~~Å~~~

They were marched slowly towards the ominous gate in the shape of a golden cobra, its mouth wide and its fangs sharp, metal doors within its throats opening slowly as the score of Jaffa escorting them pushed and shoved them forwards.

They'd walked for around half an hour through the forest before they'd finally reached the fortress and Daniel realised that now they were captured they'd have no chance of escaping this place. When he said fortress he used the name loosely! This place was almost like a town confined to one 20 storey building.

They were dragged into a throne room and Jack's eyes fell upon a face he'd last seen being transported out of another room, his face contorted with anger and his eyes flashing white…

A completely different expression was on his face now. An expression that was more worrying than any look of rage he could've given them. His eyes were glittering with gleeful malice and Jack prayed that this had all been a lie. Jack prayed that he hadn't got Sam's body. He would rather his wife remained dead for all eternity than for Apophis to be torturing her.

He grinned, "I have been expecting you would arrive eventually, although I had no idea you were still in business." He smirked nastily as he turned his back to them, his gold and black robe swishing along the floor, "I'd heard that SG-1 had disbanded…?"

They all knelt in silence until Apophis turned to face them again, looking at Jack in slight surprise, "No remarks, Colonel? Nothing to amuse me with?"

Jack didn't answer. Apophis just chuckled, his alien voice sounding unpleasant, "No matter. You shall all talk when I have you tortured." He grinned again and looked at his Jaffa, "Take the Shol'va and Dr. Jackson to a cell. I wish to talk with Colonel O'Neill."

The Jaffa holding Daniel and Teal'c began dragging them back out the way they'd come, Jack still in a kneeling position dreading what Apophis wanted to talk to him about. He knew who this would involve and Jack's fear increased. What if Bray'tac had been wrong? What if she was dead? Or worse, was actually a Goa'uld? Jack knew he'd die on the spot if that was true...

Apophis grinned horribly, "It has been a while, Tau'ri. I was quite disappointed to discover you'd retired from the field of battle. Your attempts at destroying me were somewhat amusing..."

Jack gritted his jaw, refusing to say something stupid, knowing that if he said something to anger Apophis enough, as he'd be likely to do, Daniel, Teal'c and maybe even his wife would be in danger.

Apophis seemed to be frustrated by Jack's unwillingness to respond and tried again, "Your miniscule brain seems to have deteriorated even more. Did you not think that the Gate would be guarded whilst you were planning your pathetic excuse for a rescue mission? You have become old and weak since we last saw one another, but then again the last time we met you were an adolescent. Now my revenge for your insolence shall be complete!"

Jack looked up at the Goa'uld, dressed in a serpent headdress, his dark eyes glaring up at the man who had caused him 6 years of pain without his wife. Jack's rage was welling within him, making him want to get revenge to all the suffering he had cause him and his kids.

Jack was about to lunge at the man when he bared his teeth in gleeful grin, "Would you like to meet my new Queen, Colonel?"

Realisation hit Jack as he deflated, Apophis turning slightly towards an entrance that was draped over with a scarlet veil. Jack's eyes fixed on the drape as it moved, the Jaffa stood at the curtain pulling it across. His heart was pounding in his chest as he whispered a soft prayer, "Please... not yet..."

A woman stepped into the room escorted by two Jaffa. She was dressed in typical Goa'uld style clothes, skimpy, but unusually, white. The extremely unusual thing was the woman dressed in the clothes. Her golden hair was the same, her body was the same, but her eyes were different. They held a bizarre, bemused expression. The woman Jack knew, the woman Jack loved, was no longer there; although Jack could also tell she wasn't a Goa'uld… yet.

He stared at her and his heart stopped, his breath having been taken away the moment she stepped into the room. She had moved gracefully, no longer hobbling slowly with crutches helping her to make every step. Her skin was golden brown, no longer showing the signs of her sickness. She looked so beautiful that Jack was speechless and for one moment forgot completely where he was. He just stared at her, tears prickling in his eyes.

She stared back at him in confusion, as if she should know him, but didn't, her small frown crinkling her perfect skin. Her eyes never left him as Apophis walked over to her. He spoke sickly, "Isn't she beautiful?"

Jack felt anger suddenly explode within him as his situation came flooding back. Apophis had taken her. Apophis had put her mind in Megan. Apophis had taken her body and made whatever part of Sam was left into his Queen. And it was Apophis who stroked a hand down Sam's bare back grinning with what could only be interpreted as 'Ha Ha I've got your wife' or as close to the Goa'uld equivalent you could get! Jack began to fight wildly against the Jaffa holding him, "You Son-of-a-bitch! Let her go!"

Apophis smirked nastily, "Take him to the cells!"

Jack shouted to her, his eyes watery, struggling uncontrollably as the Serpent Guards dragged him from the room, "SAM! IT'S ME! IT'S JACK! FIGHT IT, SAM! DON'T LISTEN TO HI-…!" The doors slammed behind them as her blue eyes didn't move from the spot he'd been in moments ago.

Kephni turned to Apophis slowly as she whispered, "Who was that man, My Love?"

Apophis dismissed her question with a nonchalant wave of his hand in the direction the man had been taken in, "He is one of the prisoners. He is of no importance…"

She could tell he was lying. He always looked at her face when he spoke to her, but he had avoided her eyes then. He was lying...

"That name he screamed was familiar," she said persistently, "He called me 'Sam'."

Apophis spoke to her in a menacing tone, "Sam is the name of their leader. We tortured him to death long ago. That man has obviously lost his mind from the torture. He is of no importance." Apophis spoke silkily again, removing the threat from his voice, "Now come with me and we sha..."

"He knew I was female and he didn't look like he'd been tortured…" She interrupted, not allowing this to be forgotten as something flickered in her mind. She turned to Apophis, speaking slowly as her only memories of her past seemed to float up from the dark recesses of her mind, "His name is... Jack. Jack... O... O'Neill. Sam was his 2IC. Sam is his… his wife..." She stopped in shock as she realised, pulling her hand from his and taking a few steps backwards, "I am Samantha O'Neill!"

Apophis's face contorted with what looked close to anger, "Jaffa Kree!" She felt hands clasping her arms, she struggled as she heard Apophis say something in Goa'uld and something hard hit her around the head.

~~~Å~~~

As Jack was thrown back into the cell, Daniel and Teal'c watched him in silence. His body made a soft thump as he hit the stone floor. He let out a soft groan as the wind was knocked out of him for a moment, the rusty hinges on the bars squeaking as the Serpent Guards closed and locked it again. After they'd gone, Jack lifted himself off the ground and walked over to them as they waited for the answer to their silent question...

Jack never looked at them as he faced the wall placing his hands flat against the icy stone. He lowered his head, pressing his forehead on the stone between his hands, squeezing his eyes shut for a few seconds. He sighed painfully and then whispered his voice hoarse and unusually shaky, "He's got Sam..."

"Oh God! Is she alright? Did you see her? I mean, is she... alive?" Daniel asked in quick succession as the man collapsed against the wall and slid back down to the cold floor.

Jack stared at them and spoke slowly, obviously in shock and pain at what he'd just witnessed, "I don't know how, but that's her body and... and it's alive."

Daniel spoke softly, in absolute shock, "That's impossible...!"

Jack snapped at the man, "Daniel, I think I know what my wife looks like!" He took a deep breath before he murmured, "She's his new Queen."

"I didn't mean it's impossible for it to be her! I meant that how can she be alive if she has no... no soul?" The rhetorical question was left hanging for a few moments before Daniel spoke in a matter-of-fact tone, "Well, it makes sense that Apophis would make her his queen. He did tell us when we were turned into teens that she'd make a good queen..."

Jack sighed sadly, "She's not a Goa'uld yet, but she doesn't know who she is."

"How are you sure of this?" Teal'c asked as he stared out of the metal bars of the cell.

Jack gave a slight shudder, "For a start she wouldn't have let them dress her up like that, secondly, she would've been fighting like crazy and thirdly, she wouldn't have let Apophis within ten feet of her. Not to mention we think that her... consciousness is in Megan..."

Daniel winced and then nodded, "So, she doesn't know who she is?"

"Not a clue," Jack spoke, his voice dull and lifeless; the man obviously still recovering from the shock of seeing his 'dead' wife, "And soon he'll implant her with a snake and she'll totally cease to be the Sam we know, if she's not already lost to us."

They sat in silence for a moment before Daniel jumped up, "Jack!"

"What?" Jack looked at him in shock.

Daniel thumped his fists on the wall, "We've got to get her out of here!"

"I know that, Danny…"

"No. We have to get her out of here NOW! You don't understand!"

"You don't know how often I hear…" Jack paused and then spoke slightly worried, "Daniel?"

"A Harcesis child! Apophis wants a Harcesis child! That's why he made Sha're his wife, that's why he has Sam!"

"Daniel Jackson is most likely correct, O'Neill. Apophis most likely procured Samantha O'Neill for such a reason. Also his anger with you and Samantha O'Neill would also give the impression that his actions are a means of revenge."

Jack pulled a hand through his hair, "Well, this makes things more complicated."

~~~Å~~~

As her eyes opened she wondered where she was. She looked around confused. She couldn't remember who she was or... anything. Her mind was blank and she glanced around fearfully like a trapped animal, unsure of whether she was safe or in jeopardy.

A face leant over hers. She recognised it vaguely. The man spoke as his eyes glowed, "My Love, you have awoken."

"Who are you?"

The man smiled a pearly white smile, his almost metallic voice speaking gently, "I am Apophis and you are my Queen, Kephni."

That sounded familiar as well. Kephni nodded, "I am."

The man grinned and Kephni suddenly felt a wave of dislike for the man although it was replaced with her love for him.

He held out his hand and helped her up from the bed. As she clasped the blanket around her naked body, she looked around. She was in a golden temple filled with deep blood-red drapes and furnishings. The room had a heavy stench of incense and was hazy through the slight smoke billowing from the candles, Kephni assumed were the source of the rich smell. As she glanced around the room her eyes fell on a tank. She shivered at the sight of the serpent-like silhouettes squealing from behind the frosted glass, half hidden by a scarlet curtain.

He spoke to the few women in the room, "I wish you to take my Queen to her room and dress her in her usual attire," he turned and gave her a smile, "And then my Queen will join me in the throne room."

The women bowed, "Yes, My Lord."

As Apophis left Kephni felt slightly awkward and confused. She loved him greatly, but somewhere in the back of her mind she felt a great hatred and disgust for him.

The women dressed her in a dressing gown and led her to her chamber. It was a beautiful room, filled with fiery drapes and golden ornaments, very similar to the temple, except more suited for her to live in. The woman sat her on the soft sheets of her bed and then helped her to adorn her robes. They were also very beautiful, but unusually white compared to what she'd already seen.

After she was fully dressed, they led her to the throne room. Apophis was stood speaking to two men in a familiar language, though she couldn't place what they were saying.

The men were old and she assumed they were some of Apophis's advisers. One man was extremely tall and thin with a long wispy grey beard that would've served for a scarf! He had big bushy eyebrows and dark, formidable eyes that even though they were light blue in colour almost turned indigo from the cruelty in them. The other was shorter and stockier. He had dark brown eyes and a stern face although for some reason Kephni did not see the same hatred and cruelty in his face as she did in the other man's. He was balding, but the hair he did have was dark brown.

She watched their conversation curiously for a moment before Apophis turned to her. He smiled and his eyes looked her up and down before he spoke her name, "Kephni."

He dismissed the advisors as she spoke, "My Lord Apophis," she bent her head respectfully as he walked over to her. He lifted her face up so she stared into his. He stroked her cheek gently as he spoke in his low metallic-like voice, "Would it please you to be led around my impenetrable fortress, My Love?"

She spoke devotedly, "Yes, My Lord."

He closed the gap between them and began kissing her tenderly, before he spoke in that language. Six Jaffa came over and stood by their sides. Apophis took her arm and said, "I shall show you the power of my indestructible fortress."

~~~Å~~~

Kephni was led all around the base and there was only one point when they stopped. It was at the top of a flight of stairs that led downwards, underground.

Apophis spoke in an undertone to the guards and then they walked down the steps. Kephni felt an unusual feeling in the pit of her stomach as they stepped into the cold, torch lit dungeon. She past cells with up to six tortured and mutated men within. She felt sick and yet she felt a strange amount of pleasure from witnessing the suffering of the prisoners. They walked past more cells as Apophis told her what the prisoners had done to deserve punishment. Kephni felt herself hating the men in the cells.

"Sam?"

She past a cell and looked inside, as the man spoke to her. Three men were in there the one who'd spoken stepped forward. The torchlight illuminated his kindly face. He wore glasses and was staring at her with anxious blue eyes. He spoke a small smile on his lips, "Sam, it's me. Daniel. Remember?"

As another man joined him at the bars, she realised she knew them. No names or who they were, but she knew they were her friends. The other man stared at her, "Samantha. It is I, Teal'c. Do you not recall us?"

Apophis spoke venomously, spitting at the men in the cell, "My Love, these traitors kidnapped you and tried to harm you. I locked them up and their leader was tortured to death."

She stared at them for a moment and then took a step away from the bars. She glared at them as though they were lepers; "I refuse to stay in this disgusting place any longer! My Lord, take me away from these repulsive prisoners!"

The look on the two men's' faces was that of disbelief and the man with glasses murmured, "You've got to remember, Sam. You have to get out of here. We don't care if you leave us here. Just get out!"

She walked away with the guards and then glanced back at the cell. There was now one more man by the bars. She knew him more clearly than the others. She did not know who he was or why he stared at her. She stopped dead and watched him for a moment. He didn't say a word and just stared back. His dark eyes spoke to her. Volumes and volumes in one glance, though she could not understand the feelings in her heart as she read that look. He released a pained and heartbroken sigh and continued to stare at her, his dark eyes shimmering more than usual, as Apophis grabbed her arm and almost dragged her up the flight of steps and out of the dungeon.

He pulled her chin so she faced him fiercely, "Kephni, why did you stop?"

"Those men frightened me…" She lied and then stared at the floor as she said, "I want them moved to the lowest dungeon and to be tortured well!"

Apophis's horrible grin returned and she could see slight relief in his cold eyes, "I shall have them moved immediately. They are already being tortured well, so there is no need for you to worry, My Love. They will suffer."

She spoke in a cold, alien voice that was not her own, "Good."

~~~Å~~~

"Jack, will you stop that? We're already going to be tortured; we don't need to pay damages for the holes you're burning in the floor!"

Jack stopped pacing and collapsed by the wall, "While we're down here, Apophis could be doing… anything to her. I can't just sit here!"

He jumped up and thumped his hands on the bars. There was a loud, resounding clang that echoed through the prison making their neighbours scream and moan even louder for a few moments before they all calmed down again.

Jack laid his head on the bars and closed his eyes as Daniel spoke firmly, "Jack, rest. We're going to need a whole lot of energy to get out of here and we're barely fed anything so we need to conserve what we get. Try to get some sleep."

Jack spun around and there was a slight fear in his eyes, "I don't think I can sleep, Daniel."

Daniel knew what thoughts must be haunting his friend, as they were probably similar to the ones that plagued Daniel. Yet another woman Daniel cared about was being used by that Monster and he was locked in this cell. Useless.

He spoke, trying to tell Jack with the tone of his voice he felt the same, "Then don't. Just sit down for a while."

Jack collapsed in a heap and let out a small sigh. He drew his knees up to his chest and rested his chin on them as he stared through the bars at one of the flickering torches.

Daniel sighed. He obviously hadn't been the only one to notice the entry laceration at the side of Sam's neck when she'd passed, not to mention her behaviour was pretty typical for Goa'uld.

The strange thing was it hadn't healed and she'd been speaking normally. Also Daniel could've sworn he'd seen recognition in her eyes as she'd stopped by their cell. Then of course she'd spoken in a disdainful tone that had been all too familiar though she had not spoken with the voice of a Goa'uld.

Apophis had begun to lead her away, when Jack stepped up to the bars. Sam had turned to look at him and she'd just stopped dead for a moment staring at him before she was tugged up the stairs.

Daniel pulled a hand through his hair. She definitely had that thing inside her, but something told Daniel it didn't have full control of her and that something of Sam must still be in there. Daniel wondered if she knew who she was. He doubted it. Apophis must've found a way to transfer all of Sam into Megan's body. How and when, no one could know.

Problem with that theory was that when she'd seen them she'd stopped. When Daniel had said her name she'd turned to look at them. She at least recognised her name although maybe she didn't realise it.

'So Sam is still in there…' he thought to himself. He glanced at Jack, eyes closed and obviously feeling useless, a feeling Jack O'Neill hated above all others. Daniel watched his friend as a thought came to his head, 'And she still knows who she's really in love with.'

It was most likely Apophis had just subdued the memories and then implanted her with the Goa'uld, although the Goa'uld hadn't taken control, which was strange. Daniel couldn't explain why it hadn't. There would've been no resistance from Sam as she hadn't the faintest idea who she really was.

Daniel's musing was interrupted as some Jaffa opened their cell. They walked in and fastened their wrists in heavy manacles. They didn't speak as the Jaffa took them from the cell.

They were led away from the staircase leading up to the main part of the fortress, and dragged to the other end of the dungeon. There was a pitch black stairway that led down. Daniel glanced at Jack fearfully. Daniel could see that Jack was scared, if only slightly. His jaw was gritted anxiously, but there were no other signs and Daniel could tell it annoyed the Jaffa slightly.

They were led down as one Jaffa walked at the front with a flaming torch. It didn't seem to be able to light the complete darkness and instead seemed to lift the impenetrable gloom slightly. Daniel stumbled down the last few steps, but was kept upright by the iron grip of their captors.

He noticed about five deserted cells, all filthy and so dark that he didn't think any light could penetrate it. The Jaffa opened three different cells and Daniel felt himself panicking. They were being separated.

He watched as Jack and Teal'c struggled, but neither was successful. They were all thrown into the cells and the bars were closed with a deafening clang that ripped through the silent shadow.

Apophis's First Prime stepped up to his cell and locked the door with the large bunch of keys that hung from his belt next to his Zat gun. He grinned nastily, "Our Lady, Kephni, ordered that you were to be locked in the lowest dungeon and tortured."

Daniel could hear Jack say, "It doesn't matter. That's not even Sam, so why should we care?"

The First Prime laughed, "Soon she will no longer exist. Nothing of the host survives. I must say it is a pity that she was taken by our lord as a host for his Queen. She is most desirable and, as First Prime, it would be my duty to 'care' for your wife, O'Neill. Maybe, I could've arranged it so you could've watched!"

Jack didn't speak, but Daniel could almost feel the air heating up. The First Prime laughed again and, with the usual command, him and his Jaffa left.

Daniel felt himself blessing his stars they'd left a torch. He sat by the bars, as close to the torch as he could get and pulled his arms around him. It was cold down here, not to mention extremely creepy.

Daniel heard Jack's voice again and realised Jack was in the cell to his left and Teal'c in the one to his right. He spoke his voice echoing, "Daniel, try and get some sleep. I know it's hard, but if that guy's right and we are going to be tortured…"

"Yeah," Daniel murmured back. He then said extremely quietly, "Night Jack."

"Night Daniel."

~~~Å~~~

Kephni sat in her chamber waiting for one of the Jaffa to ask for her to be taken to her Lord's room again or maybe to a room to be on her own. The thought sickened and frightened her. She knew now that she was not in love with Apophis and that in fact she loathed him.

He had tried to give her a child, but it hadn't worked and now he was furious with her. She'd seen one of his advisers, the shorter adviser, trying to tell Apophis that it might be better to lock her up in a room for a few days as she had taken something to prevent her becoming with child and it would wear off in that time. Apophis had been angry with the man although he had agreed.

The adviser had seemed familiar and this morning he'd come and given her something to eat. He'd treated her with the proper respect and courtesy, but there had been something about the older man that was awfully familiar.

That wasn't all that was in her reeling mind. She wondered why her voice had changed when she'd spoken the day before. It had become harsh and hadn't sounded normal. It had sounded cruel and something told her that it was bad. That voice was still there, in the back of her mind, taunting her and threatening her. Kephni realised she'd first heard that voice when she'd woken up not knowing who she was that morning.

She tried to shake the fears from her mind, as the larger her fear or anger got, the louder the voice would get.

Kephni stood up from her chair and stared at her reflection in a mirror. She wondered if she really was beautiful, as Apophis had said. She was wearing strange clothes. Unlike most of the people in this place they were not gold and red and other fiery colours. Instead she wore white and silver.

The clothes were revealing to say the least. Her back was bare as were her long legs. Her cleavage seemed to be on show and she guessed that was the idea. Her long flowing white dress touched the floor and fastened around her neck. On her wrists were silver bracelets and around her neck was a dainty silver pendant with a large, but familiar symbol dangling at the end. She had seen it many times in this fortress and guessed it was the sign of Apophis. Encircling her head was a delicate, silver chain and a thick, but equally as delicate, silver belt was fastened around her hips.

She stepped away from the mirror and looked around the extravagant décor of the room. There was so much finery and objects of value and for some reason 'the voice' was extremely attracted to the things. Kephni couldn't really care less for fancy belongings. For some reason, they were not important to her.

And suddenly, her thoughts turned to the men in the prison and especially to that one man who'd stood by the bars as she'd turned back. There was something different about him. The other two she knew were precious to her, but the third… She couldn't describe the feeling she'd had when she'd seen him. Her heart had been twisted with concern and grief. She cared for him a great deal and the idea of them being tortured as she stood there made her nauseous...

It was then the adviser entered followed by two Jaffa who stood outside the door. She turned to him as he spoke, "My Queen."

She gave him a small smile and murmured, "Have you come to take me to my Lord?"

The man shook his head and said in the same voice Apophis spoke in, "No. You are to be sent to a cell and are to stay there for three days."

She nodded worried and murmured slightly fearfully, "Not the dungeon?"

The man smiled kindly, "No, my Queen. It is like your room, less magnificent and smaller though, but it is comfortable."

Unlike Apophis's voice he didn't speak brutally and Kephni wondered who the man was. When he spoke to Apophis his voice had that cruelness, but now as he spoke to her he sounded… different.

"You are to come with me immediately."

She walked towards the man and followed him from the room down the corridors. He barked an order nastily to the Jaffa who began to escort them. They did not speak, although she could feel the man observing her. She pretended to be oblivious to his observation as they finally reached a secluded wing of the fortress. It was a long corridor with many rooms branching off. The Jaffa stayed at the entrance to the passage as the man led her down the long corridor and turned a corridor. There were yet more rooms down here. He led her to one as he said, "The Jaffa are not allowed down here. It is forbidden."

Kephni knew better than to ask why. He opened the door from the panel on the outside of the cell. It slid open and then slid shut behind them as they stepped into the room. It was small, but there was a comfy bed and a chair. A window looked out over the beautiful planet, although Kephni knew she could not escape through it. There was a sheer drop below, not to mention it had a force shield protecting it.

The man spoke in an undertone, "I must tell you that I cannot free you from this place."

She looked at the man in shock. His dark eyes stared at her as he murmured, "I would if I could, but there is no way. Just as if you escape with your friends that are imprisoned in the dungeon, there is no way you can help me escape also."

She looked at him, "I… I… Who are you?"

She saw care and sadness in the man's eyes as he murmured, "A friend." He cleared his throat, "I am telling you this now. I am the one who slipped the drug into your system that prevented Apophis from giving you a child. I also lied to him. The drug has worn off now. I would give you more, but you are now immune…"

"Why are you telling me this?" She spoke desperately, "In three days he will try again." She felt tears in her eyes as she sat on the bed, "I'm terrified. I don't want to give him a child. I know what powers it would have." She looked at the adviser, "He will give me Harcesis and the child will tell him everything he wishes to know. There is no way I can prevent it."

The man looked awkward as he spoke next, "There is… a way."

She looked at him hurriedly wiping away her fearful tears, "How?"

The man walked to the door, a strange reluctance in his voice, as he answered her desperate question, "If you are already with child."

With that he turned to leave the room and just as he closed the door he added, "If you require anything or anyone ring the bell and I shall be sent to carry out your request." He looked at her sadly for a moment before murmuring, "I'm sorry, but it's the only way."

~~~Å~~~

Jack sat in an aching silence as the Jaffa retreated back up the stairway. He croaked, "Well at least Apophis still knows how to throw a good torture party."

A hesitant, faint voice from his also well-tortured neighbour echoed in the bone-chilling darkness, "Are you badly hurt?"

"No, I'm OK. A bit sore, but... OK..."

Teal'c spoke, the best sounding out of all of them considering his torture had lasted the longest and was probably the most gruelling, "I believe it is not the torture that has damaged you, O'Neill."

The Jaffa had spoken with a slight raise in pitch at the end as if it were a question. Even when Teal'c couldn't see him he could still read him like a book!

Jack sighed, "5 years, T. She's been 'alive' for 5 years and I never knew. I never realised. I thought she was buried in a cemetery. I never tried to find her..."

"Jack, we had no way of knowing. For all we knew she died in her sleep that night. There was no way to know that she'd actually been abducted and replaced with a perfect, but lifeless clone, that Apophis had separated her mind from her body and had taken over Thor's body temporarily, bringing your baby daughter back to life and transferring your wife's consciousness into her body, then whisking Sam's body away and implanting her with a Goa'ul..."

"Daniel, stop it!"

The anger, hurt and pain in Jack's voice were well noted by the Doctor and he realised how he'd been almost rubbing Sam's death in.

"Jack, I'm sorry... I didn't..."

"Don't worried, Danny. I'm OK. Just need to get some sleep..." Jack had blatantly lied through his teeth, but the fact he had didn't bother Daniel as at that moment the sounds of a Jaffa returning down the stairs made them all freeze.

Daniel spoke in a fearful whisper, "Surely not again. Not so soon."

The Jaffa stopped before their cells as a silent companion they had not realised the Serpent guard had had, stepped into the light.

It took all their ability not to gasp...

The man spoke in a cruel Goa'uld's voice, "Colonel O'Neill, you are to come with me."

His cell door was opened and the Jaffa came in to roughly get him up, but Jack shook him off and stood on his own, although his aching limbs protested. He was marched out of the cell giving Teal'c and Daniel a final utterly confused look before being led up the stairs and up into the main dungeon area where sounds of their talking could not be overheard due to the miserable screams of the damned souls locked away in here.

The man turned to him and spoke in his normal voice, "Hello Jack..."

Jack nodded to the Jaffa curiously as the man sensed his wariness. He laughed, "He's on our side. One of Teal'c's loyal followers. He's been undercover for a while. He was the one who provided information about Sam 3 years ago. I was sent to check it out. I came not realising until I arrived that it was her who had become Apophis's newest acquisition."

Jack shuddered at the thought before the man gave him a small smile, "I'm so sorry you have to go through this, Kid." He cleared his throat, "Let me reassure you, he only managed to revive her several days ago and there were problems with her remembering things. Four days ago, he succeeded in properly blanking her memory or so we believe. He tried to..." Jacob's voice trailed off as he gulped slightly and continued, "I put a contraceptive drug in her system so... he confined her till it wore off. I told him three days when really it was less than one. She's locked in a cell. She's confused and miserable, but hopefully when you get her home she'll improve..."

Jack looked up at the man as he murmured, "At least at the end of all this, I'll still have a chance to have her alive and well again. You hear about Megan?"

Jacob nodded slowly, "Apophis's plan details were leaked to me when I first started undercover here. I'm so sorry I couldn't contact home and tell you all, but..."

Jacob sighed slightly his voice trailing away at the thought of his granddaughter. He gripped Jack's elbow and began propelling him along again towards the main palace. Jack spoke surprised, "Uh Jacob. My cell is that way!"

"I know."

Jack spoke to him again, "That's the part I don't get. You see, we're going this way!"

Jacob chuckled, beyond ecstatic that Jack had made a crack at humour. He'd guessed since the last time he'd seen Jack almost 3 years ago, the man's hollowness had not changed. He'd been empty and broken every since Sam 'died' and it broke Jacob's heart to know that. Well, not really know it, rather than sense it.

Jacob spoke quietly as they crept into the hallway, "I need to ask a favour, Jack."

"What?" Jack asked in a tone that said he'd do anything for his father-in-law.

Jacob spoke seriously, "You have to understand... I don't want to make you do this... I hate even having to consider making you do this, but you must understand that if we don't... Sam is going to be carrying a Harcesis before we know it."

"What, Jake?" Jack seemed to be even more desperate to know what it was he could do to help.

Jacob sighed ever so quietly as they turned a corridor into a small narrow one. The Jaffa stopped outside as they walked down it and around a corner and to a door.

He looked his son-in-law in the eye and murmured, "Sam wanted to see you."

"Sam or the Snake?"

Jake shivered slightly as for the umpteenth time the idea of his daughter's body being used against her will floated across his mind before he murmured, "Sam."

"Why?"

"I suggested it to her. It's the only way I can think of that can stop this whole Harcesis plan. She only had three days and this is the final day. I'm so glad it occurred to her..."

Jack interrupted, "Why now?"

Jacob shuddered, "Because tomorrow Apophis is going to try and impregnate Sam again and this time there won't be a contraceptive drug in her system..."

"So what do I do?"

Jacob smiled sadly, "You'll know soon enough."

~~~Å~~~

Jack stepped into the room and looked around the usual Goa'uld décor before his eyes were drawn to the one thing in the room that was not in scarlet or gold.

A woman dressed in white, with hair like gold and eyes the colour of a cloudless sky, sat in a chair near the window, staring out into the starry heavens above and crying. Her back was shaking with sobs and her breaths were ragged occasional broken with an almost silent whine.

The door shut behind Jack with a small clunk and his wife looked up in shock. Jack froze as did Samantha O'Neill, the both of them just staring at one another as slowly she wiped the tears from her cheeks.

She stared at him with her blue eyes and Jack felt his heart stop with a mixture of pain, joy and overwhelming sense of time standing still. Seeing her again, no longer being led around by Apophis had an effect on Jack. It finally dawned on him. She was alive...

"I know you..." She whispered with a slight confusion for a second. Jack didn't say anything unable to move or speak. She stepped closer hesitantly until she was a foot away from him. She spoke again in a whisper, "I know you..." She frowned slightly trying to figure out who he was.

After a second he spoke, his voice weak and shaky, "Why did you call me here?"

She stood before him looking unsure as she glanced down at her new attire. She was no longer wearing the dress and was now in the garments Apophis preferred her to wear when he was with her. They were also white and silver, but consisted of nothing more than underwear and a flimsy piece of white material fastened around her hips that was obviously supposed to be some kind of skirt. She was barely covered. When she was with Apophis she usually felt awkward, embarrassed and disgusted by the clothing, but now...

She glanced up at the man, but was unable to look at his face, knowing what she had to ask of him. His uniform was dirty and had been ripped in a few places showing that her orders for them to be tortured well were obviously being carried out. Her eyes rose slowly and before she could stop herself, her eyes were connecting with his.

A wave of emotion filled her as she stared at him and saw the longing, desire and... Love in his eyes. Love. Kephni was sure that that much love couldn't just be generated over night. She realised she did know him. Somehow she knew him and somehow she loved him.

She spoke her voice frightened and quiet, "I must stop Apophis from giving me Harcesis. The Advisor could only think of one way I can stop that..." She looked into the man's eyes and saw his desperation to help her and she knew she meant something to him. She meant an awful lot to him. She was important to him. She spoke faintly, her lip trembling, "I must already be... be with child..."

The statement dawned on Jack and he felt his eyes widening. I mean he could understand why Jacob had been worried he wouldn't help her. Truth was Jack was so overwhelmed with the situation he wasn't sure of anything. He stared at her and a tear fell from her eyes as she turned away from him, "I understand. Please leave."

"No."

She looked at him shocked and murmured, "What?"

"Sam, I... You're my wife."

She gawped at him in shock as she whispered, "I... I don't remember... But I realised I couldn't... love someone as deeply as I loved you if I'd only seen them for a split second... I knew we must've known each other before I can remember..."

Another tear dripped down her face as she whispered, "I'm so frightened. I just want to go home. Get as far away from this place as I can. I don't remember home or my family, but I know Apophis is not and never will be any part of it."

Jack immediately pulled her into his arms and kissed her head as she began to cry into his shoulder. As he touched her skin with his fingertips, it made them tingle and trembles spread down his spine. He could hear her whimpers, he could see her golden hair, could touch her silky, soft skin, he could smell that faint scent of vanilla that was Sam... his Sam.

After a second Kephni pulled back, her beautiful eyes fixed on his face, trailing over ever feature slowly. Her hand reached up gently and she touched his slightly stubbly cheek. He leant forward slowly and placed a tentative kiss on her lips. His eyes slid shut as he remembered the last time he'd kissed her, when she'd been on her death bed. She'd been crying then, terrified of dying...

He opened them slowly to find her looking at him sadly. As he stared at his wife, he realised how much he loved her. He seemed to realise it every time he stared into those eyes. She was so real; it was hard to believe... She was real...

Kephni took a step closer, her hands on his shoulders as she slowly removed the familiar green jacket with two familiar emblems on either shoulder. She looked back into his eyes as the jacket dropped to the marble floor with a small rustle. He moved even closer his body now pressed against hers as his lips found hers again, kissing her slowly, lovingly, but also with an odd sense of desperation.

Kephni felt tears still rolling down her cheeks. Not tears of disgust or fear that had fallen from her eyes during her night with Apophis. In fact she couldn't explain the tears that fell from her eyes. She couldn't explain the smile that came to her lips. She couldn't explain the way her heart seemed to swell and ache with an emotion she couldn't believe.

His hands trailed over her skin softly as she whispered to him...

He pulled back and stared at her in shock, his chest rising and falling slightly faster than was normal as he mumbled, "'Jack'... You... you just said 'Jack'. You remember my name..."

She hadn't realised she'd said anything, but now she looked at him... Memories. Scattered. Just images. Apophis torturing a teenage boy, the golden beam of a ribbon device aimed between his two dark brown eyes. A cabin covered in snow by a lake. Sat at a table across from him and arguing. An ultrasound photo of an unborn baby. A church. She was dressed in a long white dress as she kissed Jack. A small baby boy in her arms. A children's song she couldn't remember. Making love to this man. A hospital. People she couldn't remember crying and saying goodbye to her. Jack comforting her...

The images made no sense to her, but she understood. She had been together with this man. In love. Married... She stared at his careworn face as she saw tears accumulating in the corners of his beautiful chestnut eyes as he just stared back at her.

She began to kiss him again urgently as she whispered with a tearful gasp, "I know you!"

~~~Å~~~

After Jack had left her room, Kephni sat in the silence. Her skin was still burning to his previous touch, her lips tingling and her whole heart aching for him. She now had no trouble doubting he loved her and that for some unknown reason it felt like forever since he had last held her or kissed her...

She'd felt so safe as his fingers had gently caressed her skin. With so much pent up love, desire and pain that Kephni had been in tears from beginning to end. Apophis never touched her like that and her mind was now clear enough to know in no way shape or form did he love her...

"My Queen?"

Kephni's eyes rose as she realised the Adviser was stood in the doorway and probably had been for a few minutes. She'd been so busy thinking she hadn't realised he was there.

He spoke gently, in a caring tone, "My Queen, Lord Apophis wishes you to join him in his chamber tomorrow evening. Until then I suggest you rest..."

Kephni nodded, the deadline having been set for her to be sent back to the lustful nights of pain and misery at the hands of 'her Lord'.

The Adviser spoke in an undertone, "My Queen, did...?"

A quivering drop of liquid fell from her eyes as she looked up at the kindly Adviser, a wave of familiarity coming over her again as she whispered, "Yes. And I know I can no longer harbour a Harcesis Child for Apophis."

The man controlled a shudder, although not well enough for her to have not noticed. After a second, he replaced his courteous smile and bowed, "Sleep well, My Queen. I shall bring you your breakfast in the morning."

Kephni nodded as the door slid shut behind the man again. She sighed softly and crawled back beneath the covers of the bed, the smell of the man she loved fused into the sheets and pillow. She breathed in the scent as another tear fell and splashed onto the linen, soaking in rapidly and leaving a small wet patch.

Her fingers stroked the soft white material beneath her head and then hugged another of the pillows to her, letting her mind float away and allowing her memory to try and fight to be heard as she drifted off into a peaceful sleep.

~~~Å~~~

She stood still as his lips trailed the skin on her neck. Tears formed in her eyes although she refused to cry, to show her weakness and allow him to realise his brainwashing had not worked. His smooth hands ran over her body, pulling down the straps of her bra. He moved around to face her, his eyes glowing and making her shudder.

He grabbed her face and began to kiss her. Suddenly, he was a couple of feet away from her holding a hand to his cheek where she'd struck him.

Apophis's eyes glowed again in anger, "Kephni, what is the meaning of this?!?"

Now he realised her treachery, although not completely. She took a stumbling step back adjusting her clothing as she growled in a hush tone, "Never lay your slimy hands on me again!"

Apophis was furious, a vein on his neck sticking out slightly as he grabbed a ribbon device. She tried to move out of the way, but the blast from the jewel at the centre of his palm caught her and sent her sprawling into the wall.

She was disorientated, her head spinning, as his hands grabbed her, his fingertips digging into her arms mercilessly as he dragged her to his bed. He threw her down as she struggled against him, suddenly feeling like she could be violently sick. Tears still streamed from her eyes as he used the ribbon device again.

She couldn't move and could barely breathe with the weight of his body crushing her into the bed. His hands caressed her body roughly and Kephni wished he was dead and that it was last night, Jack holding her and kissing her lovingly...

His hands moved to undo her garments when two things happened. One, she shoved him as hard as she could away from her and two, a blast of blue electricity engulfed his body as he clung onto the bed frame before it was swiftly followed by a second and his grip slackened, his bodyweight falling heavily over her again.

Kephni looked up to see the Adviser stood with the Zat gun aimed at Apophis's now limp form that pinned her down. She stared at the man in shock, disbelieving what he'd just done. She'd known he'd always been sympathetic towards her, but... he'd just killed his God. She spoke slightly breathless, "You... You killed him."

The man nodded as he hurriedly, and with a distinct look of hatred on his face, flung Apophis's body off her. He spoke urgently, "You have to get out of here, Samantha."

She replaced her white dress over her under garments and the both of them ran to the door. She spoke, "You have to come with me. We will set my friends free and we can leave…"

"No," he murmured and gave her a small smile, "I will be endangering you. I have been tagged and they can find me wherever I go."

She stared at him for a moment and murmured, "Who are you? Really."

He smiled caringly, "Someone who loves you." She gave a small gasp. His voice had changed to normal like hers! She stared at him confused as he murmured, "You have to go. Daniel and Teal'c are still in the lower dungeon, but Jack is now in the upper dungeon."

She nodded and as she left the door she murmured, "What will happen to you?"

"I don't know, Sam. I'll find a way back to the Tok'ra," he looked at her desperately, "Now Go."

The voice in her head was yelling at her in anger as she ran to the door and opened it slowly. She glanced outside and ran along the corridor. She glanced down the corridor and mentally blocked out the screaming in her head.

Kephni avoided the Jaffa as best she could as she made her way toward the prison. She reached the torch-lit dungeon and saw that Apophis's First Prime was standing on guard by the entrance. She knew that there were no other Jaffa in the prison and the adviser had told her that Jack had been placed in the higher dungeon, while the other two were still down in the darkness of the lower dungeon.

When he saw her he looked confused, but also she noticed something in his eyes that she also saw in Apophis's. The same look that made her teeth grit and her skin prickle with disgust. He spoke, his eyes roving over her bare skin, "My Queen?"

Kephni spoke seductively, "My Lord ordered me to come to you," she stepped closer and stroked a hand down his face, "You are to be rewarded for your services."

He looked amazed, but she kissed him hard. She felt like she wanted to throw up, but instead she moved her hand to his Zat gun. She shoved him out of the way and shot him twice with the gun. He collapsed to the floor with a small thud. She wiped the foul taste from her lips and grabbed the bunch of keys that hung from his belt.

~~~Å~~~

Jack was thinking. Jacob. Jacob had sent him to Sam's room. Jacob had sent him to Sam's room and he'd known that Sam wanted to become pregnant.

He shuddered slightly as he remember Sam's look of absolute fear at the prospect of Apophis returning to her. She had been terrified, horrified by it. She knew what Apophis was trying to do and she knew that, at least in her subconscious, the Harcesis child would be used by Apophis so he could destroy Earth and rule the universe.

Jack was about to attempt sleep, although he knew it wouldn't come anyway, when he heard a muffled thud. His ears pricked up almost like a dog at the almost inaudible sound and he opened his eyes. He heard small footsteps, not those of a Jaffa clad in heavy armour, descending the freezing, stone steps behind him. He crawled to the opposite wall of the cell so he could just see the bottom stairs to his left.

Like an angel the woman almost floated down the steps. Her white dress fluttered out behind her as her dainty white slippers touched the icy, stone floor. When he saw her face he almost felt his heart stop. She stood by the flaming torch as it flickered turning her flawless white robes to a pale yellow. He could see the fear in her eyes as she looked around the horrible jail. Her eyes scanned the darkness and she took a few steps forward.

Her eyes then fell on him. She dived to her knees in front of him. She stared at him for a moment before she stretched a hand through the bars and stroked his cheek as she whispered anxiously, "Are you alright?"

Jack just nodded, unable to speak, his heart stopping for a moment.

"They haven't tortured you, have they? Jack? Are you alright? Say something."

He nodded his head slowly, "They have tortured me, but I'm... I'm OK." He could see horrified tears shimmering in her beautiful eyes as her fingers trailed his face. After a moment she removed her hand and placed them both in her lap as she spoke softly, "Before I… break you out of here, I need to know who you are, Jack. Who you really are. All I know is your name and that I love you with all my heart."

He spoke in a hushed voice, "We came through the Stargate on a mission to rescue you from this fortress." Jack just spoke heartbrokenly, "You... died five years ago, but at some point Apophis must've taken you and transferred your consciousness into... our daughter."

Sam looked flabbergasted and absolutely bewildered, Jack having little time to explain everything, "We don't know what he did, but we got intelligence that you were here. We came here and were captured. Apophis called me and said he wanted to show me his new queen. He paraded you in and I knew you weren't a Goa'uld, but you didn't know who you were."

"I don't remember that," she murmured shocked.

Jack nodded and then continued, "The next time we saw you, was when you came down into the prison four days ago and I noticed… that…"

He pointed to her neck and he watched as she frowned at him confused and then felt along her neck to the laceration. She frowned, "What is it? I figured I'd just hurt myself..."

Jack didn't really want to be telling her this, but he had to. He spoke gently, "It's where Apophis implanted a Goa'uld…"

She spoke with realisation, "Those… serpents?" She gasped horrified, "I remember… I saw some in a tank in… a temple. I don't remember anything from before waking up in that temple that day I first came down into the prison."

Jack nodded in understanding before murmuring, "Yes. The serpents are Goa'ulds." She looked like she was going to be sick. Jack put a hand through the bars and tried to comfort her as he murmured, "It hasn't taken over your body?"

"No," she whispered, "But since I woke, I've had a voice in the back of my head and there was one moment when the voice took over. I spoke, but my words were not my own…"

Jack just nodded sadly and then whispered, "You have to get us out of here so we can get you home."

She looked at him and stood up quickly, fumbling with the keys. She found the right one and unlocked his door. He stepped out and nodded slightly. She flung her arms around him as she kissed him gently and murmured, "I was so afraid they would hurt you badly because of what it said."

She was obviously referring to the Goa'uld. Jack nodded gently as she removed her arms from him and then grabbing the torch she led him down back into the endless dark with her other two friends were still imprisoned.

She moved to Daniel's door. The man was roused by the sound of the metal key in the rusty lock. He woke and stood up. He almost ran out of the cell to Jack and then looked at Sam. He spoke to Jack quietly, "Jack! Are you alright? When you didn't return…"

"I'm fine. Jacob left me in a cell up there. Are you OK?"

Daniel nodded as he then turned to Sam as she walked towards Teal'c's cell. The minute she went to put the key in the lock, she dropped the bunch. Daniel hurriedly grabbed the keys and unlocked Teal'c's door as Sam stumbled backwards clasping her head.

Almost as if he'd foreseen it, he knew what would happen next. Jack grabbed her and held a hand over her mouth, muffling the scream of pain that she let out.

Teal'c spoke in a hurried whisper, "A Goa'uld can inflict much pain in the host if it chooses…"

"Damn," Jack said quickly. He looked at the woman who was shaking in his arms. He pulled his hand from her mouth and murmured, "We'll get weapons and get out of here quick." He turned to Sam and spoke gently, "Are you OK to walk?" She nodded uncertainly. Jack turned to the others, "I'll look after Sam. You guys will have to do most of the shooting."

Daniel and Teal'c both nodded. Sam looked at him frightened, "Where are we going?"

"To the Stargate. We're going back home."

"Can they get this thing out of me?"

Jack looked at her and lied, "I'm not sure."

"The adviser told me his people could."

Jack looked at Daniel, "The Tok'ra can?"

"I'm not sure, Jack. I guess they cou…"

Teal'c spoke again, "O'Neill, we must leave immediately."

Daniel spoke, "W-wait a minute, Guys. What about Jacob?"

Jack spoke regretfully, "He's been tagged. If we take him with us… He ordered me to leave him. He said he had to stay for other reasons as well, but I don't know why. The Tok'ra will be picking him up in 24 hrs anyway."

Daniel nodded reluctantly as he and Teal'c led out of the room. Jack followed behind with Sam. He kept one arm around her bare shoulders, just in case she screamed again or collapsed from the pain. They reached the top of the stairs and Daniel took the First Prime's Zat and shot open the box with all their stuff in. Teal'c took his staff weapon and passed Jack his sidearm and a MP-5. He also grabbed a GDO and strapped it to his arm.

Jack held the MP-5 in one hand as he stared at his wife. She looked scared to death and she kept muttering and murmuring in Goa'uld. He turned to Teal'c, "What's she saying?"

Teal'c spoke gravely, "I believe she is conversing with the Goa'uld. She seems to be saying phrases to the affect of 'Leave me' or 'Let me go'." Teal'c frowned as Sam said something different. Daniel's eyes shot wide open as Jack looked at Teal'c, asking him to translate. Teal'c spoke, "She told the Goa'uld to leave her child alone."

Jack just nodded and grabbed Sam by the shoulders. He felt himself blushing and Daniel and Teal'c looking at him confused. Her eyes shot up in line with his as he murmured, "Stay with us, Baby. Don't let that snake win!"

She looked at him confused, "My name is Kephni."

"Ah crap," Jack murmured, "I'm Jack, remember, and your real name is Sam. We were captured. We're going home now, but we have to escape from this fortress."

She nodded slowly showing she remembered, "The Goa'uld wants to kill my child. She cannot. The child is too young. So she will kill me and immediately seek out another host."

Daniel and Teal'c looked at Sam in shock. Daniel turned to Jack and asked, "A Harcesis?"

Jack spoke quietly, "It's not a Harcesis."

Daniel looked completely confused as Sam murmured, "She will not hibernate and once the baby is a month old she can cause miscarriage." Tears rolled down the frightened woman's cheeks, "She will kill me before then."

Jack shook his head and fixed her with a determined stare, "She won't win, Sam. You have to fight it." She was trembling violently and Jack immediately clamped a hand over her mouth as she let another scream escape her lips. Jack held Sam close to him as he said to Teal'c, "Which is the quickest way out of here?"

Daniel spoke up, "There's an entrance about four corridors from here."

"It will be heavily guarded, O'Neill."

Jack glanced at his guns, "That's what these are for," he cleared his throat, "We'll try and get through the corridors without any fuss and then we'll take out the Jaffa at the front door. Another problem is the Gate."

"O'Neill is correct. I counted many scores of Jaffa around the Gate."

Jack spoke, "We'll cross that bridge when we come to it…"

Sam tried to speak and so Jack removed his hand. She was slightly breathless from the pain and was gasping for breaths, "There's another way out of here…"

"What?"

She took another deep breath and murmured, "There's a ship hanger… second room on… on the right…"

Jack nodded and then whispered, "How many Jaffa?"

"I counted six," she took a deep breath, "If we take a small… trading vessel we can fly… to another planet…"

"And use their Stargate," Daniel supplied. He looked at Jack, "It'll mean we leave with less of a fire fight."

Jack glanced at his wife and nodded, "OK. Teal'c, lead the way."

They left the prison and reached the top corridor. They could hear serpent guards marching their way. Jack clamped a hand over Sam's mouth as he dragged her back into the shadows of the prison. She let out a much quieter scream this time that was hushed by his hand and almost drowned out by the whimpers and cries of the other prisoners. The guards passed and he removed his hand from her mouth as she put a hand to her head and began muttering again.

Jack nodded to Teal'c and Daniel who ran back up the stairs and checked the coast was clear. Jack helped Sam up the steps and then ran with the others to the hanger.

Teal'c opened the door and Daniel ran in and began shooting. Teal'c joined him as Jack and Sam ran in afterwards and after Jack sheltered Sam behind a huge crate he got up and began to shoot.

Teal'c and Daniel joined him behind the crate as Teal'c said between exchanged shots, "O'Neill… We must… close the door…" He shot again and his target fell to the floor, dead.

They continued to shoot and Jack looked down at his side, "Sam?" He saw his wife staggering towards the door. Three of the five Jaffa left aimed their staffs at her.

She spoke to the Jaffa, "Shoot them all! Protect your Queen!"

The Jaffa immediately began shooting back at the crates. Jack watched as Sam spun around pressed seven buttons on the door controls as the door closed and locked. She then fell against the wall as she collapsed to the ground with yet another scream of agony that seemed to pierce his very soul and made him shudder.

Jack ran to her and in the process shot down one of the Jaffa. Daniel managed to Zat two at the same time. Teal'c's staff claimed another's life as the other grabbed Jack from behind, a knife at his throat.

Jack struggled until the Jaffa aimed a Zat gun at the writhing woman on the floor, "Even if I am disobeying my orders, I will kill her. We can revive her, but you cannot. Move and I will shoot her where she lies."

Jack stopped immediately and the Jaffa span around so he faced Daniel and Teal'c, "Make one move and I will slit his throat." They both stood there as the Jaffa said triumphantly, "Drop your weapons."

There was banging on the door behind him and Jack knew the Jaffa would get in soon.

Daniel and Teal'c both dropped their weapons as the Jaffa laughed, "Say goodbye to your comrade…"

Another hand shot out and grabbed the guy's knife hand. Jack watched as the hand deftly snapped the Jaffa's wrist, grabbed his Zat and shot him twice. Jack turned swiftly to see Sam stood before him as she stuttered, "I d-don't think so, B-uddy."

She fell forward and Jack caught her in his arms. Jack could tell she was unconscious immediately and began to mentally curse Apophis with enough hatred to make him an official member of the Dark Side!

Jack turned back to his other friends. He saw Teal'c already running to a small cargo ship. He pressed some buttons on the side as a trapdoor lowered from the belly of the vessel. Jack hoisted the unconscious woman into his arms as he ran for the ship. He heard the door behind him open again and could see Daniel shooting at the Serpent Guards, who'd entered behind him, from the ship's trapdoor. He ran up the ramp and into the ship as Daniel closed the trapdoor. Teal'c was already flying the ship forward fast. Daniel took Sam as Jack ran to the controls.

Teal'c spoke, "They are closing the doors…"

Jack looked forward and could see the massive metal doors sliding together.

"Come on…" Jack muttered, "Come on…"

"Hold fast to your chair restraint," Teal'c said in his peculiar way as he span the ship onto its side and made it through the gap.

Jack stood up from his awkward position against the far wall and put a hand to his nose. His fingers were coated in blood. Jack immediately stared up to the ceiling and grabbed a tissue from his pocket. He ripped off two large pieces and stuffed them into his nostrils.

Teal'c asked as they shot through the air, "Is your nose damaged, O'Neill?"

"Nah," Jack said stuffily, "I fink ids jusd a nose bleed, Deal'c."

"Then I must ask you to use the ship's weapons and shoot the gliders that pursue us."

"Righd," Jack said as he sat in the chair next to Teal'c and worked out which button was fire and how to aim.

There were five gliders on their tail, not to mention the shots that were fired from gunners on the ground. Jack watched as the gliders moved around on the screen in front of his. He waited for one to move into range. One of the gliders moved into the centre and Jack shot. The glider exploded taking another with it.

"Sweed!" Jack exclaimed at Teal'c raised an eyebrow, but continued with his flying towards the atmosphere.

Jack managed to shoot another in the wing. It spiralled down, out of view, towards the planet surface below, billowing thick black smoke following it in its rapid descent.

The other two gliders were much harder to shoot. They kept darting all over the screen never straying into the target cursor.

"O'Neill!"

Jack looked up to see another two gliders speeding towards them. Jack turned to Teal'c, "Go ub!" Teal'c nodded, as Jack said, "Ready… sdeady… GO!"

Teal'c shot up and Jack watched as the four gliders collided below them. They shot through the atmosphere and into space.

Teal'c spoke, "I am about to jump to hyperspace."

Jack grabbed onto his chair fiercely, "OK. Fanks for de warning."

~~~Å~~~

Daniel sat with Sam in the only sleeping quarters on the small ship. There were two single beds and Sam now lay on one. She had been shivering, but Daniel had managed to find some blankets which now covered her skimpy clothing.

He felt the jolt to hyperspace and had to stop Sam from falling off the bed. He covered her with the blankets again and sat next to her. After a few minutes she stirred and her eyes opened blearily. She spoke as she looked at Daniel, "Where's Jack?"

"He's on the Pel'tac with Teal'c."

Sam nodded slightly and then her eyes widened with fear and she let out a cry. Not a fierce as her screams before, but still extremely painful by the sounds of things. She clung to the blankets as she cried, "Jack!"

Tears were pouring from her eyes as Jack came tearing into the room. When he saw Sam, he threw himself down by her side as Daniel moved out the way slightly. His face was creased with concern. Daniel noticed his nose was bleeding and that he had to pieces of tissue attempting to stop the flow.

He spoke softly as he held her hand tightly and stroked her hair with his other hand, "Shh. Id's OK. I'm here. I'm here, Honey."

She whimpered through her sobs, "The baby! She's trying to kill the baby! Don't let her! Please! She's trying to kill my baby!"

The look of horror on Jack's face was confusing as Daniel wondered why. Jack stared at her as she let out another cry. She began to mutter in Goa'uld. Jack turned to Daniel whispering desperately, "Do you know off eny way we could ged rid off de Goa'uld? De Dok'ra are gonna dake ages to decide iff she could use whadever dey've god!"

Daniel shook his head as Teal'c yelled from the Pel'tac, "We are coming out of Hyperspace."

Daniel grabbed the wall as Jack supported Sam as best as he could. She ended up in his arms on the floor. She gave a soft moan and whispered to Jack, "I'm scared. I don't want to die. I don't want her to kill the baby."

He just nodded and whispered comfortingly, "Everyfing is gonna be alrighd, Baby. You'll see."

Daniel spoke gently, knowing as Sam burst into yet more frightened tears and clung to Jack as they sat on the floor, that it was time for him to excuse himself, "I'll go see Teal'c."

Daniel left the room and strolled swiftly to the Pel'tac. Teal'c spoke, "I am analysing this planet to determine if we can land there and if a Stargate may be present."

Daniel watched as Goa'uld writing appeared on the screen. Daniel nodded, "Air is thin, but breathable. It can sustain life."

Teal'c nodded as a diagram of the planet appeared on the screen showing a flashing red dot. Teal'c pointed at it as he murmured, "That is the position of the Stargate."

Daniel nodded, "I'll go tell Jack and Sam we're landing now."

Teal'c nodded as he went back to the ship's controls and began to fly towards the planet. Daniel wandered back to the room. The two individuals didn't seem to have moved much. Sam's chin now lay on Jack's shoulder as he murmured, "We'll get home and we'll find a way to get that thing out of you."

Daniel frowned slightly in confusion. As the man glanced up at him and he noticed the blood soaked tissues were now missing. So that was why he was no longer talking like someone with a severe cold.

Sam's shuddery voice was almost heart-breaking as she murmured, "You can't get it out." She looked at Jack and whispered, "I don't want the baby to die." She continued to cry as Jack pulled her into another hug and absentmindedly rocked her slightly as she curled up in his arms.

Daniel cleared his throat as Jack looked up at him. He spoke gently, "Teal'c's trying to land on this planet. It can support human life and from there we should be able to gate home."

Jack nodded and murmured to Daniel, "Have we got anything we could dress Sam in?" He glanced at her and murmured, "She's… uh… gotta be cold, not to mention I don't approve of my wife running around half-naked!"

Daniel smiled slightly at the joke, already seeing a change in his best friend. He sighed and shook his head, "We could give her one of our jackets, but the planet's warm. Summer in Florida warm."

Jack smiled as Sam's tearstained face looked up and she said, "Florida?"

Jack explained, "It's a place back home. Great. Disney land."

She frowned in confusion, "Disney land?"

Jack smiled, "You'll remember soon… oh! I almost forgot." He pulled off his jacket and pulled it over her shoulders, "Better?"

She nodded as she stared into his eyes and murmured fearfully, "What if I don't remember?"

Jack looked worried by her tone of voice, but put on an optimistic face, "Don't be silly! Of course you'll remember. And you and the baby are going to be fine. We're going to go home and get rid of the Snake and you can spend the rest of your pregnancy sat around in our garden eating ice cream and watching Ryan and Megan playing together!"

She smiled slightly, "Whatever ice cream is I know I like it." She spoke with child like curiosity, "Who are Ryan and Megan?"

Jack winced and spoke quietly, "They're our kids, Sam. They never really knew you. You... died giving birth to Megan and Ryan was only three. They still miss you very much though..."

She frowned slightly and closed her eyes letting out a moan of pain again. He instinctively cuddled her closer to him as the ship began to shake and tremble slightly at the turbulence the ship experienced as it flew through the atmosphere of the planet.

Daniel staggered back to the Pel'tac as it flew through the clouds a pale, almost white, sun floating above them.

Teal'c spoke, "I believe this vehicle has sustained damage to the fuel tank. You must help repair this by doing as I say as I land this vessel."

Daniel nodded and gave a small gulp, "Sure. What's wrong?"

"The fuel is extremely flammable and has overheated considerably. During the landing process, it will ignite and this ship will detonate. We must prevent this." Daniel's eyebrows rose as the Jaffa said, "You must close off the tank from the remainder of the transport during the alighting procedure. I will notify you at which instant you will do this."

"OK," Daniel said nervously.

Teal'c spoke as he pulled the ship almost to a halt, "Warn O'Neill of our landing."

Daniel ran back to the room to find Sam draped in a blanket costume. It was similar to a toga and Jack was fastening a piece of cord he'd obviously discovered somewhere around her waist. He'd made a hole in the top which Sam's head was poking through. It covered her better than the 'outfit' underneath.

Jack nodded to him when he entered, "Why have we stopped moving?"

"Teal'c needs to do something tricky. The gliders shot the fuel tank and it's seriously overheating. It has to be closed off during landing or else the ship will explode."

"Explode?" Sam asked frightened, her beautiful, confused eyes widening, "Explode as in…"

"Kaboom," Jack muttered. He looked at Daniel, "Anything we can do?"

"Teal'c told me I should help him to…"

Sam let out a cry and almost collapsed, but Jack managed to catch her before she hit the floor. Her scream still echoed around the room as Jack laid Sam on the floor gently as she began to shiver violently again.

Daniel continued, "I need to help him shut off the fuel tank from the rest of the ship at the moment he tells me to while he 'lands' the ship."

"I'm guessing shutting off the gas will mean…"

"We're gonna crash land."

Jack nodded, "Ah."

Daniel pulled a hand through his hair, "There's probably somewhere you can sit on the Pel'tac. You better look after Sam and see if you can't find someway to stop yourselves from flying through the windscreen."

Jack nodded as he lifted the still crying woman into his arms and followed Daniel onto the Pel'tac. They discovered somewhere reasonably safe to lodge themselves and, with Daniel's help, Jack managed to secure them as best as possible. The small inlet was just big enough for them and Jack wedged himself in there so that he would take the brunt of any damage caused to them if the ship crashed too forcefully.

Sam screamed again from agony and Jack went back to trying to calm her down. By the sounds of things the landing was going to be difficult as it was without any distractions. He pulled her close to him as they sat huddled in the inlet. As they began the descent she whispered, "I don't want to lose our baby, Jack."

At the words 'our baby', Jack felt a fear like he'd only felt a few times in his life before. Losing Charlie and almost losing Megan had almost destroyed him. He didn't think he could lose this child as well... They had to get that damn snake out of her as soon as possible. She clung to him as tight as she could. He looked down at the woman. She was crying into his shoulder frightened, her eyes squeezed shut and her body shaking. The image made tears of his own form in his eyes as he placed a soft kiss on her forehead, whispering brokenly, "I'll get that thing out of you, if I have to sell my soul."

She shook her head, her sapphire eyes staring at him hopelessly, "There is no way. We won't get to the Tok'ra in time. Soon she will take control and kill our child." She let out another piercing scream and then managed to murmur, "I have to… get her out…"

~~~FINIS~~~



End Notes: Yet more Author's Notes: Part Two of Finding Strength is now finished! All you can do now is wait to discover Sam and Megan's fate! I know I'm evil, but so far school has not been treating me fairly! Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the latest instalment and the FINAL part of this will be coming soon! Please, any reviews are craved! My muse may get more motivated if you guys review so... do! Thanks for reading.

Copyright (C) Sam I Am 2004