samandjack.net

Story Notes: Author's notes: As promised Kat! *hugs*

Date: 27/03/05

opyright (c) to Venom, 2005


He'd picked up some flowers on the way home – and not the kind at the gas station either, he'd actually gone to a florist and got her Lilly's – he'd got chocolates – okay, they *were* from the gas station. – and he'd got a cute fluffy teddy bear that was holding a red heart saying "I love you".

His plan didn't go very far beyond thrusting the gifts at her – in a non-dirty way – and looking like a little lost puppy until she forgave him and they were back to being happy families again.

So he parked his truck, locked it after he'd loaded up his arms with the happy-making gifts he'd got her, puffed out his chest and tried to convince himself that he was confident that this would work.

She was so gonna kick his ass.

She opened the door before he could try to find some incredibly talented way of getting his keys back out of his pockets – while making a mental note never to put them in his pockets before he unlocked the front door again. - with his arms full, and the look on her face had shot his plans to hell.

Crap.

Our Father in heaven, hallowed be thy name.

"I have gifts!" Probably not the best approach, he thought.

She glared.

Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done, in Earth as it is in heaven.

"And chocolate!"

The glare turned into a scowl. Was she growling at him?

Give us this day, our daily bread.

He thrust the teddy at her. "How could you resist this cute little face?"

Yep, she was growling.

Forgive us out sins as we forgive those who sin against us.

"Do you want to let me in?"

"No."

Yeah, he'd seen that one coming. "Not even with the flowers and the chocolates and the cute as can be teddy?"

"No."

She was glaring at him the way that his High School Scripture teacher used to when he'd suggested that Mary had gotten knocked up in the back of Joseph's pick-up truck. Which could explain why he was reciting the Lord's Prayer in his head. Heh. "I'm sorry, I really am. I have gifts to prove how sorry I am!" He held the gifts out a bit closer to her, hoping she'd take them.

"You owe more than that. Pay up."

"I'll give you a foot massage every day for a month."

"And?"

"I'll do all the cooking for the next two weeks."

"Keep going."

"Flowers at least once a week, if not more."

"Mmm?"

"I'll wash your clothes for a year." If she let him stay with her for another year, that is.

"You'll be doing that anyway." Well, at least he wasn't going to suddenly become homeless.

But she did have a point, the laundry was one of the chores that he did, by choice. "I'll buy you sapphire's!" She hated diamonds.

"It's a start."

"I'll… Sam, just tell me what you want?"

"That would make it easy, wouldn't it?"

"Yes, and it would save me a hell of a lot of guess work."

She folded her arms.

"Sam, I'm sorry, okay? I love you, and I'm an idiot and you knew me for a decade before we got married! Surely you would have seen this coming?"

There was a smile tugging at the corner of her lips.

"And I didn't actually *forget* it was today. I know what day it is, I just didn't realize that today was the 18th June!"

"I suppose you have a point…"

"I'll never ever do it again, I swear!"

"Damn right you wont."

He shook his head vehemently. After all of this, he would never forget the day again. And he would get Daniel to teach him to set his phone to go off every day a week beforehand. Cute little reminders that played an annoying tune and forced him to acknowledge the message.

Stepping forward, she hugged him, her finger lightly tickling his sides. It was a fair amount of work to keep hold of her gifts and get his arms around her, but he managed.

Kissing the top of her head, and inhaling her scent a little, he smiled. "Happy Anniversary Sam."

***

:)

Cheers, Venom69