samandjack.net

Story Notes: Author's notes: For Jenny.

Date: 27/03/05

Copyright (c) to Venom, 2005


***

It was purple.

It was an Alien Device.

It was Dodecahedron-shaped.

That was about all he knew.

The Young woman was looking at him with wide eyes, waiting for his reaction. She looked like she'd just given him the keys to her father truck so that they could sneak off to this world's version of make-out point.

"It's…." Ugly. Purple. Weird. They all worked. "Wow. I don't know what to say."

She grinned, obviously pleased with his reaction, and skipped back to the group of natives that were watching the Earthlings with interest.

"Perhaps they are welcoming us?"

"I think she likes you, Sir."

"Funny Carter, very funny."

Daniel had gone strangely silent, his eyes flicking between the object that jack held and the young girl who stood with her people, grinning and blushing.

"Daniel?"

"Jack?"

"Daniel?"

"Yes?"

"Daniel!"

"I think you may have agreed to get engaged."

Carter was laughing her ass off. "I thought that was your job."

"She offered the object to you!"

Oh Shit… "Can I give it back?"

"That could offend them."

"Tell them I'm already married then!"

"To?"

"Carter." And the laughter stopped.

"Sir?"

"Yes, dear?"

"Are you sure that you want to…" She made a funny little hand gesture between them.

"Oh, I'm sure."

It was all her fault that he was here after all. "Don't you miss just stretching your legs on another planet, sir?" She had said, a funny little smile on her face. "Don't you miss the action?"

Yes, he did miss it all. But not when it ended up with someone – namely him – in a situation like this. Never again would he listen to Carter when she smiled that way.

"C'mon, wifey, let's go and explain this one."

***



End Notes: Why yes, I *do* enjoy screwing with your challenges, how'd you gues?

Cheers, Venom69