samandjack.net

Story Notes: Chimera Episode add on.

E-mail: arrietty39@hotmail.com


The Precipice of Despair


His body teetered on the edge of the cliff, waving his arms around like a demented fan. His heart was pounding in his ears and he gasped for breath

Regaining his balance, he looked back over his shoulder. Two Goa'ulds stood side-by-side, four pin pricks of the yellow glowing eyes showed through the cold thick fog.

Looking back down the cliff into the deep chasm, he could see Sam's blond hair blowing back from her face as she looked up at him, arms outstretched ready to catch him, when he fell.

Glancing back, the two Goa'ulds male and female, started to walk slowly towards him, right arms outstretched with the hand devices shining brightly, forcing him to hold up a hand to shield his eyes against the light.

With a sudden pain to his chest, the force of the hand devices knocked him over the cliff.

In his heart he knew that Sam would save him, but as he fell backwards, he could see into the faces of the Goa'ulds for the first time. Sam with her eyes glowing had her arms around another man. No one was going to save him, as he fell into the depth of despair.

Pain assaulted his body, as Jack woke up lying on the hard wooden floor of his bedroom. The sheets from his bed were tangled around his sweat soaked body. He lay there gasping as his heart raced from the nightmare. Jack spoke just one word.

"Pete."

The End