samandjack.net

Story Notes: Email: yuna_ezri@yahoo.com

Status: complete but there will be a sequel as soon as I get around to writing it :)

Warning: contains suicide

Archive: Sam and Jack, Heliopolis, my site (as soon as I can get my site running)

Season/Sequel Info: there will be a sequel :)

Season: anyseasno you want as long as it's after 100 Days

Spoilers:A Hundred Days


***************



"Incoming traveller." the gate technician says. "It's the Tok'ra signal Sir."

"Open the iris,"



***************



General Hammond: Briefing Room:



SG 1 walks into the Briefing Room.

"Dad!" Major Carter exclaims, "It's so good to see you."

"It's good to see you too, Sam," Jacob Carter replies as they hug.

"I'm afraid General Carter has some rather disturbing news for us, SG 1. If you could take your seats?" I enquire. I don’t like this news anymore than they will, though they may have different reactions to it than me

"What have the Goa'uld done this time?" Colonel O'Neill asks, "Destroyed an entire planet? Enslaved all it's people?" Typical Colonel O'Neill. Always going for sarcasm to hide his curiosity.

"I'm afraid the problem lies a little closer to home this time Colonel," General Carter replies uneasily. "A few days ago a Tok'ra, Shana, turned a corner just in time to see Martouf throw himself into the Tok'ra tunnels." Major Carter just sits there looking disturbed by the news, she was closer to Martouf then most because of the link between her and his lost wife.

"Wouldn't Lantesh have stopped him?" Dr Jackson asks.

"We don't know why. We thought you might have some ideas," General Carter replies. "We have thought a lot but come up with no reason why he might have done it. He had seemed a little distant after 'going to Hell'. Did he say anything that might have indicated he was going to do this?" "No. Daniel? Colonel?" Major Carter replies, I’m going to have to watch her to make sure that this isn’t going to affect her work in anyway. She does retain some of Jolinar’s memories and remembers them at times.

"Nope, don't recall a thing," Colonel O'Neill replies.

"Neither do I. I didn't think that Tok'ra ever committed suicide," Dr Jackson replies.

"No other Tok'ra has in our history," General Carter replies. He lowers his head and his eyes flash as Selmac takes control of the body they share.

"Tok'ra differ in their views on suicide. It depends on where they came from," Selmac says. "Most of us believe that suicide is cowardly unless you are about to be tortured and you do not think that you will be able to keep information from the torturers. We believed that Martouf was one of those that believe this. Obviously we were mistaken."

The conversation goes on for another few minutes before General Carter announces that he must return to the current Tokra base. I see the troubled looks on SG 1's faces Major Carter's in particular and say, "SG 1, you don't have another mission for six days. You're on stand down until then. Dismissed."

I will have to keep an eye on them but this is a perfect excuse for me to make them take some of the downtime they have collected up.



***************



Samantha Carter:



When Dad first told us, I couldn’t believe it. I never thought that Martouf or Lantesh for that matter would ever commit suicide. They were always warriors, strong, brave, logical and I’ve always believed that suicide is the cowards way out unless it’s to escape torture or worse. Maybe that’s it - he was being tortured somehow. He wouldn’t take the cowards way out, would he?

Oh God, my feelings toward him are so mixed up. As me, I respected him, maybe even loved him but I could never be too sure that it would have been my feelings not Jolinar’s that I was acting on. Jolinar loved him. Through her memories, I experienced so much of him and for a while I felt that I loved him. But I’ve begun to sort out Jolinar’s memories from my own since hell and only a small part of me loved him and only then as a brother type person, like the way I feel about Daniel.

My feelings are taken up by a certain CO of mine.

I feel eyes on me and look up. Colonel O’Neill asks me if I’m all right and I say yes. I’m pretty sure he doesn’t believe me but I don’t really feel like talking about this right now and besides he’ll never understand what I feel about Martouf.



Jack O’Neill:



The meeting ended a few minutes ago and Carter is still sitting staring into space. I ask her if she’s all right and she replies yes. I don’t believe her though. I’ve known her too long not to know how troubled she feels right now. I let it go though. She knows that if she needs someone to talk to that I’m here. At least I hope she knows.



Daniel Jackson:



I didn’t think that the Tokra symbiont would let their host commit suicide, but if the symbiont wanted to commit suicide then the host wouldn’t be able to stop them. I’ve always thought that suicide is a way out for those that are depressed and there is nothing in life left for them. That doesn’t make it any easier to believe it though. I never thought that a Tokra would take that way out. I wonder how Sam’s taking this? I’ll go round to her place and see if she wants to talk tonight I think.



Teal’c:



Earth’s customs are proving difficult to get used to. I learn and understand one thing and then another comes along. Sometimes I wonder if I will ever get used to Tauri customs. If a jaffa had killed himself under my command I would punish the other jaffa to dissuade the other jaffa from following his example. Here on earth the one who committed suicide is mourned. I shall have to ask Daniel Jackson why later and then meditate on his answer to try and understand it better. His answers often provide more questions than they answer.



***************



Samantha Carter:



As I drive home, my mind seems to be on auto-pilot. Just doing it’s job of getting me home safely, nothing more. I know that Daniel will be over soon, trying to make me feel better. It probably won’t work though. None of them will really understand how much Jolinar’s memories are tearing me up inside. At least I have a week to get over it before I have to go on a mission.



Daniel Jackson:



I should go and see Sam but I have to translate these artifacts for General Hammond by the end of the day. Maybe I should ask jack to go and talk to her. Yes, that’s a good idea,, I’ll go and ask him now. They really need to wake up and smell the coffee. I mean it’s obvious to every one around them that they’re in love.



Jack O’Neill:



So, I’m on my way to Carter’s house. Damn Daniel! She won’t want to talk to me, but Daniel is, unfortunately, very persuasive when he wants to be. Well here I am. None of the lights are on, maybe she’s asleep? I walk up to the door and knock. I hear footsteps and the door opens. "Sir!" she sounds surprised to see me. Expecting Daniel I suppose. She looks like she’s been crying. So forlorn and lost that I just can’t help myself. I hug her, pulling her close and after a second she just breaks down and cries openly.



Samantha Carter:



I hear a knock on the door and think, here’s Daniel. I open it and say "Sir!" I would have thought Daniel would come. He just looks at me for a minute then he moves forward and hugs me. I can’t help it, I start to cry there safe in his arms. I wonder what he must think of me right now? Uh oh, he’s trying to get inside, but my legs won’t cooperate with him and he’s picking me up. He kicks the door closed and carries me to the couch. He sits me down and I keep on crying. I can’t seem to stop.



Jack O’Neill:



I try to get her inside so that we can sit down but her legs won’t cooperate. In the end I pick her up, cradling her against me and walk in kicking the door closed behind us. I take her through to her lounge and sit down on her couch with her. I continue to hold her close, whispering that it’s all right, that everything’s going to work out. She keeps crying for a few minutes then manages to stop and say "Sorry Sir," I tell her it’s all right and she seems to believe me. I pull her close again kissing the top of her head and she snuggles into me, welcoming the comfort I’m giving her.



Samantha Carter:



He keeps on holding me close and I can’t help but love it. I’ve dreamed about this for so long but under different circumstances. I manage to stop crying and say Sorry to him. He says it’s all right and I believe him. He pulls me close again and kisses the top of my head and I snuggle closer loving the closeness. I look up and into his eyes, warm, chocolate brown and filled with worry and I know that he really does care about me and that he’s not just being a CO worrying that his 2IC isn’t going to be ready for the next mission. I think I can finally forgive him for Lara now because I know that he’s really home now. Maybe later we can explore this new part of our relationship better but for now it’s just nice being able to share this. I know that this won’t be easy because of regulations but it’ll be worth it.



Jack O’Neill:



She curls up closer to me and I know that she’s finally forgiven me for Lara. I know that our relationship won’t be easy and I’m sure that General Hammond won’t be as happy as I feel right now but it’ll be worth it.



***************

The End :)



End Notes: Hope ya all liked it :) and please...feedback :)

If you want any parts just e-mail me @ yuna_ezri@yahoo.com

Bye for now :) *~Becca~*