samandjack.net

Story Notes: Spoilers: huge ones for 1969, little ones for Spirits, for Thor, for Shades of Grey, and for WoO

Archive: SJA – Heliopolis

Author’s Note: Feedback Please!!! Oh and TRD is standing for Transporting Rings Device


YOUR JOURNEY’S JUST BEGINNING




" I have to go."

" I guess so."

" Do you think, that they will come soon?"

" It's possible. We have the year, you have the device."

" I always liked your answers, they are just like you, mysterious and still simple."

" What should I tell you? That they will be the next to arrive? I am no clairvoyant."

" I know, but… Nevermind" she sighed. " I have to go."

" You have said that. Go!" She left the room, and walked down the corridor. In her mind she have played the conversation over, but came to the same conclusion. There was something wrong between them, something that has to be soon fixed.

" General Jackson, SG-11 is due in ten."

" I know, Lt. O'Neill. Where is my lovely 2IC?"

" She went home, you gave her downtime, Aunt Cassie."

" Yeah, guess I'm getting older."

" Or you have something else in mind" she suggested.

" You can see through me, as always, hun. Can you tell me, what happened to my son?"

" He had lost believe, Auntie. That simple."

" What kind of believe?"

" That a Tok'ra could never use someone's body without permission."

" How did he learn that?"

" From us. Mom and I were talking about grandma."

" I see. I have to speak with him about this issue, but first comes first. What do you think about the artefacts, Dani brought back from PXY-887?"

" Actually they are quite intresting. I did a little research, SG-1 encountered the same race once. The Salish were the descendants of a North American Indian tribe."

" I remember that mission, I mean, I have read the mission reports. It's over fifty years ago.

"Yeah, grandma and grandpa were great! I have just read their personal notes for that mission. Grandpa was an incredibly straight man."

" Yes, hun, he was. And he was wonderful."

" SG-11 code, ma'am" announced Lt. Fredericks.

" Thank you, Lieutenant. Where is your partner?"

" He went up to 28, ma'am. To control, everything is okay." Cassandra went down to the gate room, by her side Lt. Dr Meagan Rose O'Neill.

" Welcome home, SG-11, head to the infirmary."

" Still the same process, right?"

" Dad! Oh my God! Dad!" she flew into his embrace.

" You haven't changed a bit, Cassie. Hi, honey!" he pulled Meagen Rose in his embrace. " Where is your beautiful mother?"

" Mom is on downtime, they were on an ALPHA III Recon mission for two weeks."

" I see. Cassie, we have to speak, sweetheart. And we better call the President, too."

" That bad?" she asked concerned.

" That dangerous" came the frankly response.

" What is it, Dad?"

" Your off-world compound will be attacked."

" By whom?"

" I guess, the choice is yours, Cassie."

" The Traitors?"

" Yes" Daniel nodded.

" I hate them, they are us, we have more dangerous enemies to fight together, and they are fighting us."

" There will always be traitors, Cassie."

" Sure, I know about Colonel Makepeace.What can we do?"

" You can do little. The President has to decide, if you can give them, what they are demanding."

" What would that be?"

" Guns."

" No way!"

" It's the President's choice, Cassie."

" And I know him, Dad. He would never agree to give them guns."

" You know, what that would mean to your colonies?"

" Yes, but they could never be able to fight our iris."

" Yeah, but they have a goa'uld vessel, Cassie. And they have already set course to P4R-111C."

" I… I will call the President."

" I will go and find the kids."

" Oh, while you are at it, could you have a talk with my son? About the Tok'ra?"

" Sure, we will take care of it, Cass."

" Thank you, Selmak."

" Not at all. See ya later, Cassie" Daniel nodded. Cassie looked after him, enjoying his presence. She stepped into her office, and her heart skipped a beat, as she took up the receiver.

" General Jackson here. I would like to speak to him."

" Yes, ma'am" came the voice, Cassie knew too well.

" Hi!" he took over.

" Hi!" she was as shy as a teenage girl.

" Is something wrong with Dani? Or with Jack?"

" No, they are okay. Actually I have problems to get through to Jack, but Dad is here. He will speak with him."

" I would like to see your Dad, sweetheart. Is he planning to stay on longer?"

" I don't know. But he brought bad news."

" O-Oh, what kind of bad news?"

" Our colonies on P4R-111C will be attacked, unless we give in their demand."

" And that would be?"

" Guns."

" No way!"

" They will destroy our colonies, one after the other."

" You suggest, we give them the weapons?" he was surprised.

" No, of course not! You know me. But we will need another five units."

" Already on their way. Cassie, honey, can I visit, while your Dad is on the base?"

" Yes" she gave in.

" Thanks, honey. I'll be there in about five hours, keep him there!"

" Alright" she sighed, and then replaced the receiver. The man of her dreams, and the father of her children was a very strange man. Patrick Sean O’Connor loved them, with every beat of his heart, but his career was so improtant to him, that she barely saw him twice a year. That means, if they had luck, and the base was not on alert at Christmas. She thanked, that her children were there with her, but she wanted their amazing dad to be there, too.

" May I come in?" she asked, before stepping into her son’s quarters.

" Did you speak with him?" Daniel asked.

" Yes, he will be here in five hours. Can you stay, till he arrives?"

" Yes" Daniel nodded.

" Dad is coming here?" Jack got excited.

" Yes."

" Oh, that's too good! Grandpa is here, and Dad will arrive soon. I'm having the time of my life, mom!"

" Sure, son. But don't forget, that you are scheduled for 2000."

" I could still have two hours with Dad, if a certain General would bring briefing forward."

" The certain General allows you to spread the information, that briefing is at 1730. But don't tell them, that the President will visit."

" I want him for us, mom!" Jack dashed out of the room.

" If it's about his dad, he becomes a child again."

" I have seen, Cassie. How long?"

" Still two years, Dad. And the Senate is about to change that law. He could be President for another four years!"

" He could, but he won't. I know him, Cassie, trust him. He knows, that you are waiting for him, and I can tell you, that he wants to be with you."

" I know, I love him and he loves me. But it's getting harder."

" I know, sweetheart, but you are strong!"

" Yes, I am" Cassie nodded. " Could you tell me what happened to the Salish?"

" Don't worry, they only moved to another planet."

" I see. Dani was there last week, we are trying out every address, which to we have lost contact in the last ten years."

" I see" Daniel nodded, and for a second he remembered that mission. " Were they, we, already there?"

" Not yet" she shook her head. " I'm ready to welcome them, you. Oh, thanks for the TRD."

" Not at all. It was your idea, I only had a word with Selmak on this issue, and she was pleased to help you."

" You would come better soon. We need the other gate, too. We will have another five units in the future."

" That's good" Daniel nodded, then sighed.

" What's wrong, Dad?"

" I miss them a lot."

" Have you seen Teal'c recently?"

" No. Cass, I have another bad news for you and Rya'c."

" No, it can't be! He could not be dead!"

" I'm afraid he is. Where is Rya'c?"

" Off-world" came the brief answer. He saw a tear slid down her face. " He thought me everything about how to fight. How to have always a cool head."

" Cass, I'm sorry, sweetheart, I'm so sorry."

" I'm sorry, too, Dad. I know, he was the last."

" Sometimes I hate fate. No offence Selmak" ' None taken' came the voice.

" You know, she suffers from the loss of Jacob, they were a great team." ' We are good, too.'

" Dad, I didn't know why this happened?"

" Earth needed another Jacob Carter. I was willing to replace him. I was so desperately seeking a chance to live on longer, Cass. I wanted to see my grandchildren grow up, to see you as the Commander of this base."

" But dad, I would have never thought…"

" After what happened to Sam and Sha're?"

" Yes."

" We do need someone among the Tok'ra. I know, whoever would have been the host to Selmak, she could convince her about Earth's intrests, but it's more simple this way."

" I see."

" No, you don't. I had a great time with Janet, Cassie. She was the love of my life. Sha're was my first love, and your mother… I loved her so much, sometimes I could cry, when I see a picture of her. But she has gone. And I have found nothing in my life, that could replace her. So I was fixed on you, I was fixed on Sammie. And I was fixed on my grandchildren. And that was not good. I was old, but my mind still intact. And I needed something important to do, unless…"

" I see your point, dad."

" Thank you for your understanding, Cassie. Where is my Sammie?"

" She is at home. But you have seen Jake."

" Yeah, but Sammie is my daughter, Jake is her husband. Where are the kids?"

" Annie is back to college and Jo is back to El Toro."

" Still cannot understand, why don't you bring her here."

" Dad, she have to prove herself before."

" Well, I was never a military expert."

" I know, mom told me sometimes, that military rules are just passing by your head."

" She didn't mind."

" And I knew that, too."

" Ma'am" a young female sergeant stepped in.

" Yes, McAllister?"

" We are ready, ma'am."

" Coming, McAllister. Dad, you could visit Sammie, and still manage to arrive back to see Patrick."

" Or Sammie could come here."

" She will have to report for duty in two hours."

" I will wait for her. Is Dani here?"

" Yes. In her lab. I have to go, SG-20 is ready for departure."

" Go, and do your job, sweetheart, I'll find a way to enjoy myself." Daniel went up to Level 26, where Dr Dani O'Connor's lab was. She was there with Meagan Rose.

" Grandpa!" Dani jumped up and flew in his embrace.

" You couldn't deny your mother, honey. What are you two doing here?"

" I was on PXY-887, and brought back these. I wonder what happened to them?"

" They moved onto an another planet. Don't worry about them."

" Oh, that's good. I hope, they don't mind, that I brought back these."

" They left there everything, what they didn't need anymore. Can I help you?"

" No, thank you, Grandpa. We read your report of that mission. I want you to tell stories, if it's right for you. Meagan Rose likes your stories, too."

" Only my stories?"

" We love you so much!" Dani came and put her arms around his neck. " And we love the memories you have. Meagan Rose barely knows her grandparents, Grandpa. She is not that lucky, as me or Jack."

" You are right, honey. What do you want to hear?"

" About the Asgard!" Dani said.

" No, about the timeloop!" Meagan Rose demanded.

" I'll tell you both" Daniel decided. " You are one little perfect creature, you know that, Meagan Rose?"

" Why?"

" You are like Sam, and you are like Jack. You have her smile and you have his eyes."

" Really?" she asked.

" And I'm not perfect?"

" Sure you are. You have your mom's brain, and your dad's willpower. You two are way too smart, as Jack could have said. And way too beautiful. I guess many men will suffer from you."

" If they are like you and grandpa, they won't" Meagan Rose stated.

" I guess, you have to wait for these creatures. Me and Jack? We were too different."

" But you had at least one thing in common, you have loved your wives endlessly and unconditionally."

" That's right."




*****




" Ma'am!"

" Comin'!" Cassie hurried to the TRD, and on the way she pulled a robe over her BDU. She was so anxious to see them again. What should she say to them?

"Auntie Em! Auntie Em!" Jack said, looking around in the seemingly abandoned gate room.

"Where is everyone?" Sam asked looking around astonished, seeing all the white sheets, she became a little bit nervous.

"Hello, Jack. Teal'c. Daniel. I hardly recognized you with hair!" Cassandra greeted them with a smile.

"Ahem, do...do we know you?" Jack asked her little bit confused.

"Sam will recognize me. Come closer" she waved a bit for her.

"Oh my God, Cassandra!" she went closer, and hugged her tight.

"Sam" she sighed with almost a relief.

"Excuse me, who is this?" Jack asked Sam, thinking she might have been hurt passing the gate so often.

"Cassandra" Sam explains him, as if it were the most natural thing in life.

"Cassie's thirteen years old" Jack argues with her.

"Not anymore, Jack. I've been expecting you my whole life, in fact. You entered the Stargate a few seconds too soon, so the flare threw you far into the future. I've come to send you back where you belong."

"How'd you know we'd come here?" Daniel asked. Cassie almost went to hug him. He was so young, so the man, she remembered.

"When I was old enough to understand, Sam explained what happened, and that I'd be the one to send you home."

"Like a self-fulfilling prophecy" Sam stated.

" Uhm. As much as I would love to spend more time with you, the timing must be precise. You must go" she looked seriously sad.

"Already? But there's so much that you..." Sam protested.

"No. You of all people know I can't" and she opened the Stargate with the hand device. "I will tell you this. Your journey's just beginning." She saw after them, as they were stepping through the gate. Suddenly Daniel turned back, and asked.

" What’s the year?"

" 2050"

" Good" he nodded, and stepped after the others. Cassie went back, and activated the TRD. The rings transported her back to Level 33.

" Mom?" Jack asked her.

" They were here" Cassie said, a tear sliding down her face. " Go up, and help them! We need the other gate, too."

" Yes, mom" he nodded, and hugged her briefly, before he went up. Daniel arrived soon, and as he saw Cassie’s face, he knew what happened.

" Sweetheart?"

" You were so young! I wish, I could meet you again. I couldn’t tell you anything."

" It was right, Cassie. We knew, that you couldn’t!"

" I loved them so much, Dad!"

" I know, Cass, I know" he pulled her in a hug. " And now, I have to go, and see that interesting place. You never allowed me."

" It is like a museum. I don’t want you to be sad."

" A museum? I thought, you would use it as an embarkation room."

" That too." Daniel went up, and all the sheets were away. They were lying on the ground. He remembered then, and looked around. He knew now, why this place looked abandoned. All the white sheets! And this was a beautiful room! On the wall opposite to the door, left from the control room, were pictures. In the upper row, General Hammond, General O’Neill, General Carter-O’Neill and General Simmons, the former Base Commanders. In the middle row, were the picture of all the SGC personal in the year of 2000. And in the row below, were pictures of teams, with little plackets beyond them. On them were the names and the name of the unit engraved. The first picture was of his SG-1, Janet and General Hammond were standing next to Daniel, and next to Jack.

" What’s the criteria?" he asked from Jack, pointing at the team pictures.

" Being together for at least four years. The same members, the same unit. They are not that much."

" Jake and his team is there"

" Yes, and Aunt Caitlin and her SG-1 is there, too. I hope, that the name O’Neill will bring us here, too. Although Meagan Rose is always in trouble."

" But you always rescue her."

" He is my best friend, Grandpa. Don’t go there!"

" I don’t understand, what you mean, Jack" Daniel asked innocent.

" You don’t? Selmak, hopefully, he doesn’t have to lie such often, he is not that good at this."

" I know" Selmak sighed.




Major Joanna O’NEILL SG-6 – Search/Rescue