samandjack.net

Story Notes: Feedback: Please but only constructive criticism!! btw this is my first fic so b nice!!

Email: nutty_nat1000@hotmail.com


*~*Trust Me*~*
SG1 were over 4 hours late and general hammond was starting to worry. Although the flagship team of the SGC were often late, this was only a routine scouting mission. Just then the alarm sounded and the technician announced "Incoming wormhole. Its SG1 sir" "Open the iris" Hammond ordered. Colonel O'Neill came through first carrying an unconsious Major Carter in his arms. "Medic!" He screamed. Dr Jackson and Teal'c stumbled through backwards next, still shooting. "Close the iris" General Hammond ordered. He then ran down the gate room to see how bad the Majors injuries were. She was laid out on a guerney was white as a sheet. She had a huge gaping wound on her abdomen, and there was a lot of blood. "We need to get her to surgery now sir" Dr Janet Frasier said. "Go" Hammond replied. He then assesed the rest of SG1s condition. They were all covered in mud and had what looked like minor scrapes and bruises except Dr Jackson who had a large cut on his head. Colonel O'Neill looked shocked and also upset, as did Dr Jackson. "Debriefing in one hour people". They all nodded dumbly and headed off to the locker room

***********************************************************

Jack stood in the shower trying to clean all the mud off him, while thinking back over the mission. It was supposed to be just an ordinary scouting mission. How did it go so horribly wrong? General sure was gonna want a good explanation this time. He was so worried about Sam and couldnt wait to go and see her. He then realized he had only 10 minutes to get to the briefing room "Shit!" he swore loudly and hurriedly finished his shower.

***********************************************************

He got there just as General Hammond walked into the breifing room, still dripping wet from his shower. "I know your all eager to check on Major Carters condition" He looked pointedly at Jack"but I need to know what happened" "Sir, to be honest i dont really know. It was supposed to be an uninhabited planet and for the first few hours everything went as planned"

*flashback*

Sam was collecting her usual soil samples, with Colonel O'Neill, as usual, moaning in the background. " Have you finished yet Carter? Its only soil for crying out loud!" his tone reminded Sam of a 3 year old child, who was complaining about their bedtime. She grinned and said "No sir, not quite" "well hurry up would ya?! Im goin checking Danny hasn't done anything stupid" he then turned and walked off. Sam smiled and shook her head. Sometimes he really did remind her of a small child. It was just another reason that she loved him. Yep, Major Samantha Carter was in love with her commanding Officer. Not the best thing to do, but then you can't help who you fall in love with can you? Just then she heard sounds of gunfire and her radio came to life as the Colonel shouted " Get your ass over her Carter, we're leaving now!" The smile evaporated from her face as she grabbed her stuff, knocked the safety off her P-90 and ran towards where they had left Daniel. When she got there she saw Daniel unconsicious on the floor and Teal'c and the Colonel shooting at what appeared to be....nothing. She ran over to them with a puzzled expression on her face. "Sir with all due respect what the hell are you shooting at? Thers nothing there!" " i know, it looks like nothing but trust me they're there. Just shoot Carter, You'll see" So she shot in the same direction as the Colonel and was amazed when she actually hit something. When the attack seemed to have stop Jack said " Carter go get Danny, Teal'c dial us home." Teal'c nodded and ran to the DHD, while Carter went to check on Daniel " Come on Daniel, wake up". He came round rather groggily and said " Sam? whats going on?" She was just about to answer him when the Colonel screamed " Carter!" Sam turned round and saw some kind of blast coming towards them. She dove in the way to stop it hitting Daniel and passed out when it hit her. Jack ran towards them, knowing he could do nothing about it. *she cant be dead, he thought, Please God don't let her be dead* He picked her up in his arms, knowing instantly she had to be gotten back to the SGC immediately. "Danny, Teal'c, cover my back" Jack shouted as he ran towards the stargate. His last thought before he went through was *please let her be okay* *end flashback* "And thats what happend sir" he finished "Do you agree with that Teal'c, Dr Jackson?"Hammond asked " That is an accurate description General Hammond" Teal'c said. Daniel just nodded. "Can we go now please sir?" Jack asked, clearly desperate to go to the infirmary. The General nodded "dismissed". SG1 practically ran out of the room.

************************************************************

"Janet, how is she?" Daniel asked when she came out of surgery. "She's stable for now, but when we were closing her wound we found that whatever was in that weapon, is eating away at her skin, like some kind of acid" she couldnt look any of them in the face " if it carrys on its going to be only days before all her skin is gone, I'm sorry" at this point janet collapsed into sobs, knowing how painful this was going to be for her best friend. "Isn't there anything you can do?" Jack demanded, a the concern clearly showing in his eyes. "We're trying everything we can to neutralise it, but so far nothing has worked" "Oh, Janet" Daniel put his arms around her, and let her sob into his shoulder. Jack sat down, the shock evident on his face. "Can we see Major Carter?" Teal'c asked, unusual emotion showing on his face. "Shes still unconsicious, but i suppose so, just not for long" Janet recovered and went back to being a doctor, not a friend. She watched as they took places around Sam's bed. It seemed nothing would ever split them up. Especially not Sam and Jack, she thought watching the way he pulled up a chair and took her hand. They were, without a doubt, the closest team in the SGC.

*************************************************************

"Sir you really need to get some rest" Janet ordered. Colonel O'Neill had been sat at Sam's bedside since she was brought home yesterday. Other SG teams were being sent back to the planet to see if they could find anything useful. SG1 didnt want to leave Sam. "Janet you know theres no point. I won't be able to sleep anyway" She knew Sam meant more to Jack then he could ever say because of the regulations. She also knew Sam felt the same way. " I know" She said quietly

*************************************************************

Daniel spent all the time he wasnt in the infirmary with Sam in the lab trying, in vain, to neutralise the acid that was eating away at Sam's skin. He had tried everything he could think of, and it didnt help that he wasnt the most scientific of people to start with. He had everyone in lab trying to help. Daniels head slumped forwad onto the desk thinking, we need Sam to do this.

*************************************************************

Sam woke to find someone holding her hand.She tried to move and discovered that it was incredibly painful. She moaned and Jack looked up. "hey" he said "hey yourself" "how you feeling?" "like someone ran over me in a ten ton truck" she admitted."What happened?" "It'd probably be better if Janet explained that to you" From the look on his face she could tell something was really wrong."I'll just go get her" he stood up, let go of her hand and stroked her cheek gently. Sam remembered being hit in the stomach with some kind of blast but surely it couldnt be that bad if she was here and awake? "Hey hon, how are you?" " Like I just told the Colonel, like someone ran over me in a ten ton truck. What's happening to me Janet?" Janets eyes filled with tears as she looked at her best friend. She was still very pale which made her beautiful blue eyes stand out even more. "Oh honey im sorry. When they hit you with that blast it was carrying some sort of chemical........" When Janet had finished her story, Sam gazed up at her and whispered "I'm going to die aren't I?"

************************************************************

When Jack and Daniel came back later, they could tell Sam had been crying. "Hey, Sam" She gave them a watery smile. "Hey guys" Jacks heart broke watching the way she was trying to be strong for them.He went over to her bed and pulled her into his arms. She started sobbing loudly,and Jack pulled her away from him and said " I won't let anything happen to you. Trust me, I never would." "Neither would I, Sam" Daniel added. "Or I, MajorCarter" nobody had even realized Teal'c had come in. Sam felt proud to have three men who cared about her the way these did. "Thank you" she whispered as she fell back to into unconsicousness, still in Jacks arms.

************************************************************

Janet worked around the clock with Daniel, trying to help him. "Daniel, what did these people look like?" Janet asked suddenly. "They were invisible" "And did the weapons they used give off a yellowy-green kind of energy?" "Yeees, why?" She scrolled through something she was reading on the computer and pointed it out to him. "Look" She said excitedly "It says that the Tok'ra have met these people before and have an antidote for whats happening to Sam!" Daniel read through it and a smile broke out on his face. "Then we'd better contact the Tok'ra"

**************************************************************

A week later Sam was recovered enough to go home. SG1 had taken turns in staying with her in the Infirmary to stop her from getting incredibly bored. "Now Sam, as i know you far too well im not letting you go home on your own because if i did you'd spend your two weeks downtime working" Sam blushed and looked away "so im sending you home with the Colonel. He's the only one who would actually stop you working" Janet said. "Janet, I promise ill look after myself" "My cabin not good enough for you Carter?" Jack interrupted her with a grin on his face and a twinkle in his eyes. He was stood in the door way, hands shoved in the pockets of his jeans. "Its not that sir.. hang on, we're going to your cabin? the one you've been threatening to take me for all these years?" Sam asked a shocked look on her face. "the one and the same" If Jack's grin got any bigger, Janet was sure it would split his face in half. She shook her head as the two continued bickering like small children, and Jack helped Sam out of the infirmary and to his car. "Don't forget to take your pills Sam!" Janet yelled after her.

**************************************************************

"We are going back to mine first arent we sir?" she asked as they were getting in his 4x4. "Yes, but only so you can get some clothes and please, please call me Jack!" he replied. Sam smiled and said "Yes, Jack! but you have to call me Sam, not Carter" "Fine then" Sam grinned and settled back in her seat, looking forward to spending two whole weeks alone with Jack O'Neill.

***************************************************************

"Wow, this is great. I can see why you've been trying to get me up here for so long" It was a beautiful place. There was light snow on the ground and the lake was frozen over. It looked amazing, like something off a christmas card. "Thank you. Glad ya like it" sam could tell he was proud of the cabin from the smile on his face, and the way he almost looked embarrased. "You can have my room, I'll sleep on the sofa" "No, its ok, I can sleep on the sofa" "No way, you're the one who needs it most. And you're the guest" "okay fine!" Sam sighed and gave in. There was no way she was ever going to win. "Wanna go grab some dinner?" Jack yelled from the kitchen "Yeah, sure just let me unpack my stuff" she shouted back. 10 minutes later they were walking towards the centre of town, Sam having changed into warmer clothes to walk in the snow. "So, what do you fancy?"Jack asked "there's mexican,chinese, indian....." "Mexican sounds good to me" "Good cos there's only really mexican anyway" Sam raised her eyebrow at him and laughed. *God it's good to hear her laugh, Jack thought, she doesnt laugh enough anymore* She has the most infectious laugh ever and he couldn't help but joining in. As they entered the restauraunt, the owner shouted "Hey Jack, long time no see" "Tony, sorry been busy at work" "Usual table for you and your friend?" "thanks, that'd be great" They talked about everything and anything and Sam was amazed by how relaxed she felt with Jack. She was almost reluctant to leave but it was getting late and she'd already had 3....or maybe 4 beers too many. The minute she tried to get up she fell over almost instantly and Jack had to grab her arm to stop her from falling. "Janet's gonna kill you when she finds out you got me drunk" Sam giggled "Now Major, no giggling" This just made Sam giggle even more and this time Jack joined in. He put his arm around Sam's waist to stop her falling over and she did the same. "Y'know Jack, I love you" Okay, now he knew she was drunk. "Course ya do" he replied with an amused look on his face. "No, I really do" this time she was being serious. She stopped and said " I really do love you" "I know you do Sam, and I love you too, but theres nothing we can do cos of the regs" "Aren't i supposed to be the one who thinks too much?" "Yees but I care about you way too much to let you mess up your career because of me. I couldnt do that to you" "Not even if I wanted you too?General Hammond wants us to get together as much as everyone else. He understands, Jack" "How the hell do you know that?" "Daniel" she shrugged. "So your telling me we can be together without either one of us giving up the SGC?" a smile was beginning to show on his face "Hmmm....yep that would be it" Sam had a delighted smile, showing just how pleased she was. Jack laughed, picked her up, spun her round and kissed her. It was everything either had ever hoped for. When they finally broke apart, Sam looked up and said "It's snowing" Jack just smiled, still not beleiving that this beautiful woman was his and would give up everything for him."Lets go home"

*********************************************************************

They spent the night just holding each other, not wanting to do anything else just yet. They decided they had to tell General Hammond first. Jack woke up first with his arms wrapped around Sams stomach and his head nestled into her hair. He noticed she smelt really good and lay there for 5 minutes just watching her. Then he got up to have a shower and make breakfast. When Sam woke up she could smell pancakes, and smiled when she remembered the night before. She streched in bed then got up and nicked Jack's robe, as it was cold in the cabin. He heard her pad into the kitchen and greeted her "Morning" "Morning yourself" she smiled then yawned. "Have you seen it outside? I'm soooo gonna beat you at a snowball fight after breakfast" "Not a chance! I'm the best" she retorted The next two weeks were spent having fun in the snow and just general relaxation, just like Janet ordered. On the last day they were both sad to go back to their normal lives at the SGC but happy because they were finally going to talk to General Hammond. "Jack, how come i got stuck with you any way?" Sam asked as they were eating lunch for the last time at the cabin. "Cos Teal'c wanted to spend downtime with Rya'c and Daniels too spineless to stop you working anyway. So i was the natural choice. Are you complaining?!" he teased "Course not! This has been the best two weeks of my life" "Mine too Sam, mine too"

***********************************************************************

2 days later they were back at work, back at their normal lives. However the first thing they did was go to see the General. "come in" he called from inside his office. Sam and Jack walked in holding hands and Jack said "now sir, don't be angry bu-" "You two finally got it together, didnt you?" the General had a delighted smile on his face. "Yes sir we did. And you don't have a problem with this AT all???????"Jack was very confused. "Not as long as you still behave professionally on missions, which im sure you will. I'm very pleased for you both. Dismissed" They walked out of the office, Jack very confused and Sam with a huge grin on her face "Told you so"