samandjack.net

Story Notes: Sequel: My fic Moondance. Since you asked nicely, here's the sequel to Moondance. Feedback is always appreciated.


Ker-scratch. Ker-scratch.

Sam opened one eye, what the heck was that? Rolling over she buried her head in the pillow.

Zzzzzz.

She sat up, "Holy Hannah", she whispered, that sound she recognized, snoring. A man snoring. Make that HIM snoring. Clutching the sheet to her chest she slowly moved her gaze to the man sleeping beside her. "Shit."

"Huh? What- Carter?"

"Good morning sir."

Jack O'Neill sat up a small smile curving the corners of his mouth, "I'd say we are past the sir stage here Carter." He rubbed his eyes, he had a god awful headache and suspected she did too.

"Uh- yes," she stammered.

"For the record, just how much do you remember?"

She blushed, "Well, um, sir, I mean Jack. Danny called me about a record player and then we brought it over here. We had some wine and listened to some records and then we danced-" She looked down at her hands.

"And then," he prompted.

"And then," she whispered, "we kissed and then you, um, well, then I, I mean we-uh, we-"

He placed a finger over her lips, "I remember the rest," he smiled at her, "just wanted to make sure we were on the same page." Removing his hand he leaned over and gave her a quick kiss, "No regrets, remember?"

Sam smiled at him, "No regrets." She had a vague memory of him posing that question to her at some point during the night. Some of the night was crystal clear, some of it, mercifully, was a blur.

They sat on the bed starring at each other for a minute and then Jack swung his legs over the side, "I'll go start the coffee, you can have the shower first." Without waiting for an answer he threw on a pair of shorts and headed for the kitchen. Sam sat on the edge of the bed for a minute longer, trying to clear her head. God, she thought, we obviously can't be left alone for a second without jumping each other. She got up and headed for the bathroom.

After their initial encounter, they had agreed to take things slowly. Sam lifted her face to the pulsing water, and they had, they'd gone to the movies or out to dinner, choosing activities that had limited physical contact. Until last night, she rubbed her forehead and reached down and turned off the water. She remembered dancing first with Danny and then Jack, but the reason she'd been dancing with them eluded her.

Jack leaned against the kitchen counter listening to the sound of the shower, god but he wanted to join her. Sighing he poured himself a cup of coffee and stepped out onto the back porch, shutting out the sound of Sam's shower. He had told her they would take things slow and he had meant it. Even if it meant a hell of a lot of sleepless nights and cold showers. He didn't want to blow this, he thought as he turned and stepped back into the kitchen.

Sam was pouring her own cup of coffee. Looking up she smiled at him, "It's all yours. Hope you don't mind, but I used your toothbrush."

He returned her smile, "No problem. Be right back."

"Take your time, I'll see if I can find something edible for breakfast."

Sam watched him walk away and then opened the refrigerator, not to bad, she thought, eggs, cheese and a few odds and ends and she could put together an omelet.

When Jack returned several minutes later, Sam was standing at the stove and the table was neatly set. "Something smells good," he said as he joined her.

"Omelet, your larder in a test of my culinary skills. Sit. It's ready." She transferred the omelet to their plates and joined him at the table.

"Mmm. Heaven. You're hired."

"Are you sure you can afford me," she teased.

"Probably not, but it's a sacrifice I'll gladly make for this kind of cooking."

"Thank you," Sam smiled, "I love to cook, but never seem to have the time or energy."

"Then why have been eating my cooking on missions?"

Sam grinned, "You never asked," she took another bite, "at least I've finally conquered the cotton mouth."

"Me too," Jack asked, "I haven't had that since, hell, I can't remember the last time I had it."

"I can, my senior year in high school, right before graduation. A bunch of us-"

They looked at each other, "The brownies!" they chorused.

"Damn that Krystal, she must have spiked them," muttered Sam.

"Remind me to send her a thank you card."

Sam rolled her eyes at him, "Cute," she glanced over at the counter, "Jack where are the rest of them?"

"Maybe we ate them all."

She shook her head, "No. There was a least half a pan left and you and I certainly didn't eat any after Janet and the guys left."

Jack reached for the phone, "I'll call Daniel," he said as he dialed Daniel's number. "Shit, no answer."

"Let me try Janet," Sam took the phone and punched in the number, "Janet, it's Sam. Yes of course I do, it's 9:45, not exactly the crack of dawn, listen-"

"Ask her if Daniel is there."

Sam glared at him, "Never mind where I am," she covered the mouthpiece, "Look in the living room."

"Is he there?"

"Janet, Janet- listen to me. I'll tell you later. Is Daniel there?" She shook her head at Jack, "No I'm not implying anything. For crying out loud Janet, lighten up. Never mind where I slept last night." She looked up as Jack came back from the living room with an empty plate. "Janet, do you know what happened to the brownies- I'll tell you later," she closed her eyes and leaned back as Jack wrapped his arms around her waist from behind. "He took them where? Damn. Listen Janet, get it together and meet us at SGC. Never mind who us is, Janet those brownies were spiked. What? I don't know with what, just get there."



*****



"According to Lieutenant Hollingsworth Daniel and Teal'c arrived back to SGC around 9:15 last night." She hung up the cell phone, "He hasn't seen either of them since, both are on downtime so-"

"Did he try their quarters?"

"Yes, no answer from either one and they didn't answer his page," she looked over at him, "You don't think they would have-"

"No. They couldn't have, we'd know by now."

Sam nodded, "Good point, Hollingsworth offered to send someone to look for them."

"Not a great idea."

"That's what I thought, so I told him no."

Jack smiled, "That's one of the things I love about you Carter, you know how I think."

"I know, it scares me sometimes," she teased.



*****



Janet was waiting in the parking lot when they arrived. With a scowl she pushed herself away from her car and walked over to join them, "I feel like hell," she grumbled, "what did that kid put in those brownies anyway?"

"We don't know, she isn't home," Sam replied.

Jack looked closely at Janet, "How may of those brownies did you eat Doc? You look like you've been on a three day binge."

"Gee thanks."

"I can't believe Daniel left you alone," he continued, ignoring Sam's pointed glare, "you must have really been out of it."

Much to Sam's amazement Janet blushed, "Never mind. We need to find Teal'c and those damn brownies." She turned on her heel and head for the entrance.

"Something I said?" Sam didn't even answer but just followed her friend, "Hey, Carter, wait up!"



*****



After stopping briefly to check in with Lieutenant Hollingsworth the trio moved toward the living area of the base. As they approached the mess hall, Janet grimaced and looked at Sam, "What is that noise?"

"Santana," answered Jack as they stepped into the room and stopped short, not quite able to believe the scene before them.

Since it was the weekend most of the personnel was off base. SG4 was off world and not due back until 1300 Monday. Of the handful of remaining personnel, most were on duty, but the few remaining, including Teal'c and Daniel were in the mess hall.

"Do you see them?"

Jack pointed, "Teal'c is kind of hard to miss."

Sam and Janet followed the gesture to see the Jaffa seated cross-legged on a table watching the scene before him. "There's Daniel under the table," Janet gasped and dashed across the room to the archeologists side.

Sam and Jack started after her, but their progress was hindered by Graham Simmons who abandoned the young tech he'd been dancing with, "Lookee it's Major Carter," he said as he stepped in front of her, "May I have this dance?"

"Not right now Lieutenant."

He grabbed her arm, "Aww, come on Major Sam, just one little dance, hmmm, please?"

"She said not now Simmons," Jack reached over and pushed Simmon's hand off Sam's arm.

"Opps." Simmons giggled, "I forgot all about the big bad Colonel man." He gave Jack a salute.

Expecting the worse, Sam laid a gentle hand on Jack's arm, "He is not himself," she whispered, before turning her attention back to Simmons, "Graham, I think you need to go back to your quarters."

"Wanna come with me? We can play hide the-"

"Okay Lieutenant," Jack waved to an airman across the room, "I think it's time you left this party. Airman, escort this man to his quarters."

"Oh no," Simmons shook off the airman's arm, "'Fraid of a little competition Sir?" He leaned closer to Jack, "Don't worry sir, you secret is safe with me."

"I have no idea to what you are referring Lieutenant, " Jack nodded at the airman, "Go sleep it off."

"Hey, who do you think you are? You guys think you are so darned smart, well," Simmons stopped a few feet away, "everyone knows that you are doing it with the Major, Colonel." The last statement seemed to echo in the suddenly quiet room.

"That is enough Lieutenant," roared Jack, "get him out of here."

Across the room, Janet knelt beside Daniel, "Daniel, can you hear me?"

He opened his eyes and peered up at her, "Hey Doc, how ya doing?" Flinging his arms around her neck he began to sing, '"Doctor, doctor, gave me the news, I got a bad case of lovin' you."

"Daniel," Janet grabbed his wrists, "let go, you're choking me."

"Aww, come on Doc, gimme a little kiss."

"Daniel stop it!"

"Problem?"

Janet looked up as Jack and a red faced Sam joined her, "He is stoned out of his gourd."

"-got a bad case of lovin' you."

Jack grinned, "Sings better though."

Daniel grinned back, "Hey ya Jack, where's Sammy," he released his hold on Janet, "Sammy's always with you. Hey Sammy!"

"Shut up Daniel."

"Aw Jack, you mad at me Jack? Janet's mad at me, she won't give me a kiss." He brightened, "Maybe Sammy will give me a kiss. Hey Sammy! Come mere and gimme a kiss," he yelled.

"Daniel, " Jack warned.

"Lighten up Jack, it's just a kiss. Bet you done more than kiss-"

Teal'c climbed down from his perch and picked Daniel up slinging him over his shoulder, "That is enough Daniel Jackson, I will take you to the infirmary now." And with that the Jaffa strode to the door with Janet following close behind.

Jack turned to the remaining personnel, "Okay people, show's over. If you ate any of Teal'c brownies either report to the infirmary or go sleep it off. The rest of you back to work."

One by one they filed out, a few casting knowing glances at the couple. "So much for discretion," sighed Sam.

"Don't worry about it, both of them were stoned out of their minds, everyone knew that."

"I hope you are right."

"I'm always right."

"Colonel, Major."

Sam and Jack both jumped at the sound of General Hammond's voice, "Sir."

"Can either of you explain what just happened here?"

They exchanged a look, "How much did you witness sir?" asked Jack.

"I came in at the end of Lieutenant Simmons performance."

"Well, sir," began Sam, "it all started when Colonel O'Neill found an old box of records-"



*****



"You ready to go?"

Sam looked up as Jack entered the infirmary, "Just one minute."

"How's Daniel?"

"Sound asleep," Janet answered as she crossed the room, "he's going to have one heck of a hangover, but he'll be fine."

"Do we know what was in those damn things yet?"

"Cannabis," answered Sam.

"Lots and lots of it," put in Janet, "both Simmons and Daniel had high levels in their blood. So either they ate more than anyone else or ate them shortly before we arrived."

"Are you staying?"

Janet nodded, "At least until Daniel wakes up. You two go ahead, enjoy what's left of the weekend."



*****



Sam leaned against the wall of the elevator watching the floors crawl by, "What did General Hammond want?"

He looked over at her, "He wanted to know the accuracy of Simmons statement."

She groaned, "He actually asked if we were sleeping together? What did you tell him?"

"I told him you plied me with alcohol and then took advantage of me."

"Jack."

"Sorry. His exact words were, can you verify the accuracy of Lieutenant Simmons' statement regarding you and Major Carter."

"And you told him?"

"I told him no."

"You lied to your superior?"

"No. I really can't verify the accuracy of Simmons' statement because I don't really know if everyone thinks we are doing it."

"Jack." Suddenly he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into an embrace. When he finally let her go, she looked up at him, "What was that for?"

"Just testing my reaction."

"And," she prompted.

"I want one of two things."

"And they are?"

"This damn elevator to move faster so we can get the hell out of here."

"You said two."

"Or for it to get stuck between floors for several hours."



*****



A burst of laughter caused Hollingsworth to look up as Sam and Jack left the elevator. Beside him, Sergeant Sweeney remarked, "O'Neill is one lucky SOB."

"Pardon?"

"Oh come Hollingsworth, everyone knows the Colonel and the Major are doing it."



The End

Hope you liked it. :)