samandjack.net



"Hey! Hey, I brought you all something!"

The shout brought SG-1 to a halt in the hallway, and they turned in unison to see Cassie running towards them with a big plate of brownies.

"Brownies?" Sam grinned, "Did you make these?"

Cassie shook her head vehemently, "Oh no; I can't cook. Ask mom. No, some kid in my class made 'em, and he gave me a whole bunch! So I brought them to you all."

"She wouldn't even let *me* have one," Janet interjected, cheerfully pouting as her daughter passed a brownie to each of them.

"We have brownies at home," Cassie protested, passing the plate to Jack as he devoured his first brownie and reached for a second. "And besides, I see you all the time."

"Thanks a lot," Janet grinned, then pulled her daughter away from her favorite playmates, "It's time for us to get to work."

Cassie rolled her eyes, then grinned back at SG-1, "Stupid 'take your daughter to work' day...but at least it gets me out of school!"

She giggled as her mom herded her down the hall, and SG-1 continued munching on the brownies. Daniel, finishing his third, paused to inspect a fourth, "Hey, that's kinda weird...what spices do you usually use in brownies?"

"Depends, Danny," Jack replied, his mouth full of his third brownie, too. "And personally, I like the flavor."

"As do I, O'Neill. It is most different."



*****



"Whoo-hoo! Go Carter!"

"Sam!"

"Whoo-hoo! Go Sam! Burn baby burn!"

The aforementioned Sam Carter was answering to the catcalls of Jack O'Neill as he rendered a very energetic (and horribly off-key) version of "Disco Inferno". Daniel and Teal'c were sitting nearby watching TV, enthralled by Teletubbies, as Jack sang and Sam danced atop a table. The brownie plate, picked clean of even the smallest crumbs, lay discarded on the floor beneath the table.

"Hold it down!" Daniel shouted suddenly, turning to pin them both with a glare, "Dipsy's on! He's my favorite!"

"Hey!" Jack shouted, glaring right back, "I give the orders around here!"

"I was under the impression that Dipsy was female, JackDanielson," Teal'c interjected.

Sam, ignored by the guys, stopped dancing and looked up at the ceiling in careful concentration.

"And Teal'c is right," Jack said quickly, going over to join the guys, "Dipsy's a girl."

"42!" Sam shouted triumphantly, and the guys tore themselves away from Dipsy and Po to stare at her.

"What?!"

"42!" she reiterated, looking excited, "There are 42 ceiling tiles in this room!"

Jack and Daniel looked at each other.

Then Daniel and Teal'c looked at each other.

Then Jack and Teal'c looked at each other.

Finally, Jack shrugged, "Whoop-i-dee-doo!" he cried, throwing his hands in the air for emphasis.

Carter, annoyed by their apparent lack of caring how many ceiling tiles there were in this particular louge, sat cross-legged on the table muttering, "You're harshing my mellow."

"Aw, c'mon Sam, he didn't mean it," Daniel said quickly, then stopped and thought about it, giggling, "Okay, so actually he did. Ooh, Tubby-tustard!"

The guys returned to Teletubbies, giggling like schoolgirls backstage at an N'Sync concert, as Sam began to study her surroundings with the intensity that only she could. Then, suddenly, she sprang in to action, seizing the little black-and-yellow cardboard and ripping off the plastic.

"FRISBEE!" she shouted, and flung the enclosed AOL 5.0 CD-ROM through the air at the guys.

It smacked Jack in the back of the head, causing him to yelp loudly. His yelp made Daniel miss a particularly interesting comment of Dispy's (because the dialouge on Teletubbies is so intellectual), and he jumped up, shouting: "You're such children!"

"Hey," Jack muttered, holding up his hands placatingly, "calm down, man. You're harshing my mellow."

This caused Teal'c to burst in to hysterical giggles and collapse on the couch, very nearly smothering O'Neill in the process.

"And that's my line!" Sam interjected, "Hey, is that purple one carrying a purse?"

"He's gay," Jack commented, and Teal'c dissolved further in to giggles.

Daniel shook his head, "He's not gay."

"He's gay."

"He's not gay!"

"Oh he is so! C'mon, he's got a purse!"

Daniel sighed heavily and sank down next to Teal'c on the couch, "You're marshing my mellow."

"Marshmallows?" Jack repeated quickly, perking up like a puppy given a new toy, "I am gettin' kinda hungry..."

"S'mores! I wanna s'more! We need a campfire!" Sam cried, bouncing up and down in excitement.

"A campfire!" Danny repeated, grabbing the nearest thing made of wood--an end table--and smashing it in to the floor, "S'mores!"

The four teammates (including Teal'c, who had recovered from his giggling fit in time to ask what a "Some More" was) quickly began scouring the room for more wood, and Jack and Sam were headed for the door to find marshmallows, graham crackers, and chocolate when General Hammond came in...and stopped dead.

"WHAT is going on here?!"

Teal'c burst in to giggles again, leaving Hammond to stare at him in wonder for a long moment before turning in askance to O'Neill. Jack, perfectly composed, briskly told him that they were making s'mores, and for that they needed a fire, and that the General was certainly invited to have one...if they could find marshmallows, graham crackers, and chocolate. And he and Sam hurried off to find them.

Hammond glanced around at the destoyed lounge; at Daniel, who was still breaking up wooden furnishings, and at Teal'c, who was incapacitated with laughter, curled up in the fetal position on the tile floor. The General stepped over the giggling Jaffa and grabbed the phone, "Doctor Frasier to the lounge, immediately."

Jack and Sam, in their recon, were mostly successful. They'd found the chocolate and marshmallows, but no graham crackers. There had, however, been an amusing incident with Graham Simmons in the hallway in which Carter had asked him if he would mind be covered in marshmallows and chocolate that had left him bright red and sputtering. As the last two SG-1 members entered the room, they saw Hammond and Frasier hovering over the incoherent Teal'c as Daniel, with an arm around her shoulders, explained the finer points of Teletubbies to a bored but amused Cassandra.

"Hey!" Jack shouted, "Keep your hands off my girl!"

Janet hurried to his side, grinning widely, "Don't you think she's a little young for you, Colonel?"

Jack grinned back and handed her a Hershey's bar, "Call me Dipsy."



The End.