samandjack.net

Story Notes: Authors notes: This is Joes fault for making me a tape with this song on it. Thanks to Becci, who after reading the first couple of Paragraphs shouted in #JCUKjnr ‘They’ve screwed each other!!!’ Hope you like the end result hun. Thanks to everyone who sent feedback to Angel I was amazed by how many people liked it! *Blushes*

Series/Sequel: Series 5. Not a Sequel.


#How do I love you? Well let me see,

I love you like a lyric loves a melody,

Baby, Completely, Wrapped up in you.

How do I need you? Well can’t you tell?

I need you like a penny needs a wishing well,

Baby, Completely, Wrapped up in you. #



They lay in silence with his arm wrapped around her waist. She held the bed sheet tightly to her chest and contemplated the change in their relationship. The night before, 4 years of sexual tension had come to a head and they had been unable to contain it any longer.

Kissing her shoulder softly he whispered that everything would be okay, that he wouldn't let anyone separate them again. In response, she turned in his arms and kissed his lips as softly as she had kissed him earlier and whispered back that she believed him.

Pulling away with a regretful look, he got out of the warm bed and began to pull his clothes on, they both had to be at the base in an hour, earlier if they wanted to talk to General Hammond as they'd agreed to.

Finished dressing he leaned over and placed another soft kiss on her lips and whispered that he'd see her later. She nodded and began to climb out of bed herself.

As she entered the bathroom still strewn with candles from the tight before, She heard the door click shut and sighed in happiness.

She'd dreamed of this happening between them from the moment she'd first seen him and the night before had been everything she'd hoped it would be.

Sighing again she turned on the shower and stepped into the warm spray. The problem was she mused, having a night with Jack meant that now she had to face the consequences which she doubted she was gonna like.

***

Jack O'Neill sat in his office silently flipping through a report on Daniel's mission to some planet with SG-8 making sure everything went according to plan.

With a slight smile her tossed the report onto his desk and propped his feet up on it, putting his hands behind his head. He wasn't really reading it, all he could think about was the night he had shared with Sam and the inevitable fall out.

Not that he regretted what had happened, he was just regretful of the position they were putting General Hammond in. But then, he’d known where this would put the General long before he and Sam had decided to become a couple so it was a little late to talk about regret now.

Hearing a light knock on his door he looked up and smiled as Sam came in closing the door behind her and leaned back against it smiling slightly. “Hey.”

“Hi. When did you get in?”

“About 20 minutes ago, I went to visit Daniel to see how his mission with SG-8 went.”

Smiling again Jack lifted the report up “I was just reading about it but I don’t really want to read the whole thing. Care to give me the short version?”

Sitting down on the other side of the desk Sam crossed her legs and pretended to thing. “Well… They found ruins… they weren’t Goa’uld… Daniel studied them for a while… They came back. Anything else you need to know?” She grinned at the playful frown on his face and waited to see what he’d say now.

“You know I out rank you right?” Laughing slightly he stood up and walked over to his filing cabinet and opening one of the draws dropped Daniels report in there before becoming serious again. “When do you want to go see the General?”

Sighing softly Sam looked down at her hands clasped in her lap and fidgeted slightly under his gaze. “Soon as possible and get it over with?” She said looking back up at him and he could see the worry in her eyes.

Reaching across the desk and took her hands in his softly. “It’s gonna be ok you know that? If it looks like ‘us’ is gonna be a problem then I’ll resign. I don’t want to live without you anymore.”

Knowing how rare it was for Jack to bare his heart like that she smiled softly and leaned across the desk and kissed him lightly before pulling back. “Come on, lets go talk to General Hammond before I lose my nerve.”

Pulling her into a hug, Jack held Sam briefly before
letting her go as they headed for the Generals office.

***

Knocking on the Generals door Jack poked his head around it “Sir? Can Carter and I have a word with you?”

Looking up from his paper work the General nodded and gestured for them to sit down “Of course come in and take a seat.”

Watching as they sat down next to each other, Hammond felt his stomach drop when he saw the look that passed between them, he had a pretty good idea as to what this was about. So he sat back in his chair and waited for one of them to speak.

“Well you see sir. Carter and I went out to dinner last night and decided that we wanted to start a relationship and we both know it’s against regulations so if it’s gonna be a problem I’ve decided that I’d rather resign than not be with her.” Realizing he was talking quickly he shut up for a second and waited to see what the General would say.

Sighing Hammond looked hard at his two officers and tried to decide what to do. He didn’t doubt that if he reassigned Major Carter that SG-1 would became slightly less affective against the Goa’uld and the same would happen if Colonel O’Neill resigned.

“ To be honest, I knew this would happen someday.” He stated slowly as a look of panic flashed between Sam and Jack. “And I don’t want to reassign either of you or have either of you resign so the only solution I can think of is, if you’re both discrete and not bring your private life to work then I see no reason why you can’t see each other and stay members of SG-1…Any questions?”

He watched in amusement as Sam and Jacks faces turned from shock to happiness and smiled as they thanked him. Before kicking them out of his office telling them that he talk to them about how things were going in a couple of weeks.

Smiling they left Hammonds office and headed towards Sams lab together were they sat in silence for a couple of minutes before Sam broke the silence. “I can’t believe it he knew how we felt.”

Smiling again Jack wrapped her in his arms and dropped a kiss on her forehead. “I’m pretty sure everyone knew. They’ve just been holding out on us… Well all but Daniel, he’s been quite vocal on the subject of ‘us’!”

Giggling she pulled away from him and pushed him towards the door. “Go and do some work Mr. I’ve got some stuff to do myself and then I’m going to go talk to Janet. Why don’t you ask Daniel and Teal’c if they want to come over to mine tonight for dinner and we can tell everyone together? I think if I tell Janet on her own she’ll try to kill me for not telling her straight away.”

Nodding Jack walked towards the door before turning around and look at Sam thoughtfully “What?” She asked confused.

Shaking his head slightly is smiled before replying, “Nothin’. Just thinking about how lucky I am that’s all.” Before Sam could reply he’d walked out the room leaving Sam to think just how lucky she was to.

End