samandjack.net



The white lights cast a dim light upon the still form. He watched from the corner, surprised by the find. Sam lay curled peacefully and wrapped snugly in a warm blanket under the boughs of the tree. The smells of Christmas wafted throughout the house.

He ventured out into the light, making sure not to wake her. Specks of brightly colored light reflected off the shiny bulbs casting a merry glow around the room. He had drunk too much eggnog. He knew he should go to bed. But she looked so beautiful. Her long eyelashes curled over her rosy cheeks still cool from their ventures outside. Strands of blonde hair highlighted gold by the lights scattered over her face and the floor. Cherry lips parted invitingly at their fullest breathed softly as she slept.... like sleeping beauty.

He stood, staring wistfully at what he could not have. I love you Sam. Quietly he bent towards her. Inhaling the sweet scent of her hair and body and brushing the hair out of her eyes as he leaned forward. With the smoothest of motions he brushed her lips then pressed his together - relishing the memory. He stood up to go. She looked like a small child curled up like that. Tomorrow would be the big day, but he had already gotten his gift.

Merry Christmas Sam.



The End.