samandjack.net

Story Notes: It's my answer to the 1999 Christmas Challenge. So I choose the 1999 Caught Challenge, it's a recent challenge but nobody answered it yet. So I hope you'll enjoy it. Thank you for reading it, and let me know what you think about it.


It was Christmas Time and Jack O'Neill was sitting on a chair on the roof of his house. He was sitting there for a few hours, alone. He was lost in thoughts. Thoughts about the meaning of Christmas when you are alone, without family and of course children. Oh God, he missed Charlie... He just thought about Charlie, not Sara, just his son. He lost him for a few years now but he is still in his heart. Sara left him after this damn and stupid accident and he doesn't regret her anymore. Suddenly, a car stopped in front of his door. They were here, his best friends, his new family. They were everything for him, now. And he really loved them and care for them.

"Hey Jack, what the hell are doing on the roof ? Are you nuts, it's cold there !! And don't tell me that you look at the stars !! It is light !!"

"Hey Danny boy, don't shout like that, I heard you !! The front door is open so come in, I go down in a few minutes !!"

"Okay !!" They replied in unison.

Sam and Daniel were in the kitchen with some food. They were in downtime. They liked staying together during their free days off the base. And it's Christmas time, so they all just want to stay together during these holidays. They both knew that Jack was sad because of Charlie's death and decided to come to his house to comfort him. And not leaving him alone at this time of year.

Teal'c was sat on the couch with the remote control in one hand and a beer in the other one. He watched a children's chorus on the TV, and he tried to sing with them. He was so cute trying his best to sing these songs properly but the results were so bad....

Sam and Daniel came back to the leaving room carrying chips pizzas and beers. They were both surprised to see Teal'c alone on the couch singing Christmas songs.

"Hey Teal'c, are you hungry?" asked Daniel.

"The Colonel is still on the roof? What is he doing?" She asked a bit worried.

Daniel just looked at her and they shared a quick glance. Sam didn't wait for an answer and ran to the roof. He was still there, sitting on a chair. He noticed her presence and asked her what she wanted.

"Heu, Daniel and I prepared some food, do you want to join us, sir?"

"Let me guess. Pizzas, chips, beers and ice cream?" He said in a sarcastic tone.

"Yes."

"Okay Carter I come with you. I don't want to miss this famous night, eating pizzas, drinking beers and playing poker with the best guys that I've ever met." He really liked teasing her like that. With that he stood up from his chair and started walking towards her. She thrown him a quick glance and started talking.

"Sir, I'm not a guy, you know that !!"

"Oh, yeah I've noticed !" With that she just laughed at him. He was now so close to her that she could feel his breath. He started to go down first without a word and when his feet touched the ground, he gestured her to join him. He helped her in a soft way. She never saw him like that before. She knew that he could be really nice but it was incredible, he was so gentle and tender. 'Such a gentleman' she thought.

"Are you okay, sir?" She said when they started walking in the direction of the leaving room.

"Yes sure. Why?" He answered in an amazed tone.

"Oh well nothing. I just..."

"I thought about Charlie and I told myself that I should leave now. It's been a long time that I'm alone, and I'm starting to be an old man, so I think that I could be happy now. Again. I can do that. Don't you think?"

"Oh yes, sir. Sure you can do that and be happy now." She was so amazed by his strange behavior, she just smiled at him.

"Good." He just replied with a little grin in his mouth.

"By the way, I think that you will enjoy what happens in your leaving room, sir !"

"And what happen?"

"Oh, it's just Teal'c who is singing Christmas songs !!!"

"Ooohhhh, Yeah !!!!"

Back in the leaving room, Teal'c was always on the couch with the remote control in one hand and a beer in the other singing in a loud voice. Daniel was sat beside him and was laughing loudly. Sam and Jack shared a quick smile and Jack started shouting after Daniel.

"Oh! For crying out loud Daniel, you leave him drink so much beer and you see, heu, you hear that !!! It's awful !!"

"Heu, Jack, Teal'c is not drunk he just want to learn the Christmas songs for Cassie... That's all !!"

"Oh, yeah !! For Cassie !! Okay !!"

"Okay ????" Replied both Sam and Daniel. And they shared a look.

"You know Teal'c there is nothing personal in it but, you have a big voice and I don't know if singing like that could be pleasant for Cassie's ears, don't you think?"

"O'Neill, the party is tomorrow night. I bet with Daniel Jackson that will sing Christmas songs properly. And I will do my best to sing like a soprano."

They all started laughing loudly at the same time, Teal'c didn't understand what happened to his friends, so he just arched an eyebrow.

"Hey Teal'c, you are sure of that you want to sing like a soprano. Oh great !!! Hey campers, we have a soprano between us !!!" They just continued to laugh for a moment and O'Neill broke again the silence. "I assume that you wanted to sing like an opera singer, Teal'c. I hope for you. So, we should eat this famous pizza and all this food, don't you think?"

They all laughed and enjoyed this moment in their respective company. They were just happy to be together.



*****

Later in the night.



"So, Daniel you will pick up Teal'c and Carter to their apartments at 07:00 tomorrow evening."

"Yes Jack !! See ya tomorrow at the party. Good night !!"

"Good night kids !!!"

"Good night old man !!" Sam said with a great smile just for him. He just looked at her, surprised by her answer and smiled to himself. He wanted to tell something, but Teal'c spoke first.

"Good night O'Neill !!" The moment for an answer was lost. So he replied simply to Teal'c.

"Good night Teal'c !! see you tomorrow guys !!!" He expected a sign from Sam who turned her head in his direction giving him a huge smile. He was happy to see her smiling like a child, but she is not a child. She is a young and beautiful woman and God, she is so damn sexy !!!! So they disappeared in the night and he came back to his leaving room, locking the door behind him, remembering the good moments that he just shared with his friends.



*****



"So here we go, it's the big day !!! Woaw I'm really happy to spend Christmas here with you my friends..."

The mess was beautiful like that with, all the garlands, the flowers, the balloons and the banner where was written "Merry Christmas !!!". Daniel was acting like a child, he was jumping, shouting and singing all around the room. He was so funny. He wore a dark suit with a tie. He was very smart dressed like that.

"Hey Danny boy, I didn't know that you enjoyed Christmas so much !! You look....really.....happy !!" Jack wore a suit too with a tie. The same suit than Daniel.

"Yes Jack !!!" He rushed on him and gave him a big kiss on the cheek. Jack was really amazed by this action so he stays there without moving or talking, just flushing. But a familiar voice gave him the strength to regain his composure. She couldn't see him like that !!

"Woaw !!! Daniel, Colonel, we didn't noticed that before, did you Teal'c?" She smiled mischievously in Jack's direction. Jack noticed the smile.

"No Major, I didn't." Replied simply Teal'c. Teal'c was dressed in the same way than his two friends.

"Oh ! For crying out loud Major, it's Daniel. He is totally dumb !!!!!!" He shouted after her. He was visibly hurt.

Daniel was always laughing, shouting and suddenly he approached her and kissed her passionately on the cheek, then he joined Teal'c and did the same thing. Teal'c just arched an eyebrow. But Sam became bright red. With that Jack laughed loudly still looking at Sam. She was visibly upset but she finally laughed too. Jack broke the silence.

"Okay campers, let's go and see this big and huge Christmas tree !!" Sam and Teal'c were going to the big tree while Jack was looking at Sam. He hadn't noticed how much she was beautiful that night. She wore an amazing purple dress with a necklace and a little hand-bag. Daniel saw Jack devouring Sam with his eyes. So Jack jumped and called Daniel back.

"Hey Danny, please stop jumping, shouting and laughing so dumbly !!!! Are you nuts ?????"

"No I like being here and celebrate Christmas with all my friends. That's all Jack !!"

"Oh, okay. So never do that again."

"Do what ?"

"Kissing me like that, Daniel !!"

"Oohhh !! That. Okay !"

"Okay, that's all?"

"Yes. But let me take a guess. It's just a guess, Jack. You were not upset because I kiss you but because I kiss Sam !!!"

"Daniel, what kind of game are you playing now?"

"Nothing, I've just noticed how much she counts for you, how much you care for her and how you look at her or smile at her or touch her or....."

"Oh, that's enough Daniel. Okay I understood !!!! But shut up !!!"

"Yeah, guys ! What's wrong with you ?" Sam asked looking the two men now totally silent. Jack spoke first.

"It's Daniel, he is totally dumb !!"

Daniel interjected. "Oh, you think, but you know Sam he is...." Jack grabbed him by the arm and put his other hand on his big mouth.

"Danny, drop it, okay?"

"Drop what?" Asked Sam a little bored. With that Daniel removed Jack's hand from his mouth and answered.

"Nothing. It's just that Jack bought you something and I was teasing him. I told him that you will probably hate this thing, and..."

"So thank you Danny, I think she understood."

"Anytime, Jack." Daniel jumped to join Teal'c near the huge tree. Sam seemed a little embarrassed by the news she just learnt.

"You know Carter, if you have no present for me, I'm not going to court-martial you for that !" He said that hoping a smile from her. And she gave him the expected smile.

"Oh, don't worry sir, I have a present for you too." She said simply.

"Really??? Good." He looked so happy. They had now joined Teal'c and Daniel.

"So, Sam you don't think that this tree is really big. It's a really big and huge Christmas tree !!"

"Yes. I think that we could put all our Christmas gifts under his branches !!"

"Oh, yes. We could do that !!! Great idea Sam !! Thank you !!!" Daniel shouted all around the place and asked everyone to put their gifts under the branches.

Jack, Sam and Teal'c are now eating some food. There was some sort of salty and sweetie cakes and punch. Daniel was always running through the mess playing with Cassie who really enjoyed his company, he made her laugh all the time. So all the people enjoyed the party. All the SGC was there : Ferretti, Makepeace, Siler, Graham Simmons, Janet and the General Hammond.

Daniel came to see his friends who where now back near the tree with glasses of punch in their hands. He started talking saying that midnight was now very near and ask who they were going to kiss. Sam and Jack shared a look interrupted by Cassie who claimed that she was going to kiss Daniel at midnight. Daniel agreed with her. Janet approached them now, she asked Teal'c if he found someone to kiss at midnight. He answered that he hadn't. So she asked him to kiss her and he gently replied that it will an honor for him to kiss her. So all of them looked at Sam and Jack who avoided not easily all the looks around them. Sam looked at her shoes, Jack played with his tie and they always avoided each others eyes. So Daniel took Cassie's hand and told her that after midnight Teal'c will be singing the Christmas songs especially for her. She looked happy to see how much they all loved her. So Cassie took Teal'c's hand and they started to walk nearly the tree. Janet came with them suggesting that she didn't want to loose her "midnight kisser". Sam and Jack stayed beside each other without moving nor talking. But Graham came to them.

"Major Carter, may I ask you something, please." He said sheepishly.

"Yes sure, Lieutenant." She simply replied. Jack felt suddenly anxious, furious and angry after Graham and after himself. Sam looked uncomfortable too.

"So I would like to, heu if it could be possible..." Jack interrupted him quickly and looked at Sam excusing himself. She looked mortified because of his words. So he talked again.

"Hey, Major, I'm waiting for you. We have to carry this stuff for Daniel and it's almost midnight, so if we want to be there for the midnight kiss, we should leave now." She looked relieved by his words. She looked back at Graham who was still looking at her. She knew what he wanted to ask her, but she wanted something else. Something that she wanted to do for ages. Did he want the same thing than her? She couldn't tell. He never showed what he really felt deep inside him. Graham finally found the strength to ask her what he wanted.

"Major, is there someone who will kiss you at midnight?" Damnit he is really dumb !!!! Thought Sam and Jack at the same time. Sam looked at Jack and opened her mouth to speak but Jack spoke first.

"Sorry Graham, she's actually kissing me at midnight, but maybe the next year !! Major, let's go find this stuff for Daniel." He gestured her to follow him.

"Sorry Lieutenant." She escaped leaving Graham totally lost... "Thank you, I don't know what I could answer if you didn't answer for me. Really thank you."

"Anytime Sam". He interrupted himself. "Actually I wanted to show you something in my quarter. Do you want to come with me?" His heart beat so hard in his chest that he thought that she could notice it. He wanted her with him at midnight, just being with her.

So she just replied "Yes sir, sure." He was amazed by the simplicity of her answer. He was in heaven.

"Oh, just a little thing Sam, call me Jack. We are off duty. In the base, but off duty and it's Christmas Day, so call me Jack, please." His voice was so soft and warm. He was as gentle as yesterday.

"Yes sir I mean Jack." They arrived in front of his door and he stopped to open the door. After that he gestured her to come in and he followed her inside. He closed the door behind him. She looked in surprise but said nothing. So he decided to tell her something.

"I closed the door because I don't want to be disturbed, I mean I don't want that if someone walks in the corridor could see us there, in my quarter, together and alone." Okay, I wanted to relax the atmosphere but it's worse now.

"It's okay sir, I know what you mean." She was really tensed now because of his words. The atmosphere was electric.

"Jack, remember?" He noticed that she almost jumped when he said that. He could see that she was more uncomfortable now.

She just replied a "Yes Jack".

"So, I bring you there because I wanted to give you your present without an audience. You know I didn't want to see Daniel laughing or speaking? So, you know..."

"Yes I think."

He held her a small blue box with a golden bow. She took it and couldn't resist, she opened it right now.

"Merry Christmas Sam."

When she opened the little box her beautiful blue eyes twinkled and she let escape a little gasp. When she finally recovered her voice she said a "Woaw it's so beautiful". It was ear-rings, gold ear-rings with sapphire in the middle.

"Sir, Jack, you shouldn't buy that, it's beautiful, but it's too much for me. I can't accept that." She seemed really touched by his gift, she almost cried.

"Sam, do you like these ear-rings yes or no, because if you say yes you keep them, and it's an order from your Commanding Officer, and if you don't you keep them too because I can't keep their it's not even my color. I choose these ones because the sapphire are blue like your eyes. They are beautiful."

"Thank you Jack. I would like to give you your present too." She opened her small hand-bag and she held him a red box with a golden bow.

"Have you anything else in your hand-bag Sam?"

"No, I took it to hide the box, that's all." She said with a smile. "Merry Christmas Jack".

He opened the box and found a tie-pin and a pair of cuff-links. He was really amazed by that gift.

"You know Jack, the cuff-links come from my father, they were his when he was a young officer. He gave them to me the last time that I saw him and he told me to give them to you. So I bought you a tie-pin. It was really hard to find one so similar. I hope you like it." Jack just looked at her and opened his mouth to talk.

"Sam I really like it, it's wonderful. I think that is the most beautiful present that someone gave to me."

"Are you kidding?"

"No." Now he looked at his watch to see that it was almost midnight. "Sam, it's almost midnight and in due the fact that we have already exchanged our presents could we share this Christmas kiss." He stared at her, waiting for her answer. He wanted to held her so close, to hug her, to touch her and to kiss right now.

"Sure I really like it." He wanted to kiss me. It was wonderful, I couldn't believe it. I could kiss him there right now and die in his arms, I didn't care. So he took a few steps forward and caught something from a drawer. It was mistletoe. He came back to her, closer this time and he looked deep in her eyes and took her hand in his own.

"A Christmas without mistletoe is not a real Christmas, don't you think" She was lost in his eyes. Now he held her so close, she could feel his breath.

"You're right." Midnight rang, and he pulled her close to him, leaning down to kiss her. Her lips were so smooth. He never expected that she could kiss him like that. The kiss was soft, so soft and warm. She couldn't believe it, she kissed him. That was so sweet, his kiss was so warm. After a long moment they broke apart to get some air. He looked at her in the eyes. He couldn't stop gazing at her. He wanted to kiss her more deeply. She looked at him too, with only a thing in her mind : she just wanted to kiss him again and again.

Without a word, she kissed him, but this time there was more passion and desire between them. They were more exited than before. Jack thrown the mistletoe branch on the floor and pulled her closer. He held her so tight that he could feel her heart beaten just for him. They were so in love, they were kissing each other like nobody ever kissed them before. They deepened the kiss. It was so fantastic, so electric, so magic. She placed her hand around his neck and she let them travel on his entire body. She caressed his back and her hands ended on his chest. He was exploring her body too. She was really different without her fatigues. He could feel her skin under the fabric of her dress, and he just liked touching her like that. She was so perfect for him, he couldn't resist anymore and took her in his arms, still kissing her. She opened her eyes and stared at him.

"Sam, I want you. I can't wait anymore. I've been in love with you for a long time now. I can't wait anymore."

"Oh, Jack. I wanted to hear you saying these words to me for ages. I want you too, now. I love you, Jack." He couldn't believe. She loved him, and she wasn't mad after him. He kissed her more passionately than before and he laid her on the bed.

He laid on top of her, kissing her deeper and deeper. She was so warm. She started to unbutton his jacket and removed it. She did the same thing with his shirt. He broke the kiss and start to unzip her dress. She was almost naked. He kissed her ear, and descend the long of her neck. She was shivering because of the contact of his mouth on her skin. He seemed so proud of him to send shivers on her entire body. He undid her bra and he looked at her, half naked. She was so beautiful, her skin was so smooth. His eyes stopped on her breast. Beautiful !!! She caught his eyes and kissed her again, but he stopped his mouth on her breast this time. She let escaped a gasp and he again looked so proud of him. He kissed her on the lips and broke the kiss, always staring at her.

"Sam I love you." She smiled at him. "I want you, I want to make love with you now."

"I want you too Jack." They kissed again more deeper than the last time, and she started to unbutton his pants. They were both very exited by each other.

Finally he removed totally his pants. He just wore his briefs and was lying on top of her. They smiled at each other and he wrapped her in his strong arms, just holding her tight. Just enjoying the contact of their skins gently touching. He started to remove totally her dress when the door opened, revealing, Daniel laughing loudly. Sam and Jack jumped and became both bright red. Daniel was really embarrassed too. Sam and Jack tried just to hide their naked bodies.

"Oops, I'm sorry. And no I'm not sorry. I knew that and I'm happy for you too. I was just searching you because Teal'c is going to sing Christmas songs."

"Go to hell, Danny. You found them now. You are happy. I'm not. I'm with this beautiful woman and you arrived there and you are happy !! Damnit Daniel !!"

"Okay so I meet you in the mess in five minutes, okay Sam?"

"Yes Daniel. We will be there." They dressed up quickly without a word. Then Jack broke the silence. "Sam, you know that I love you. So do you want to come with me, I can drive you home or you can stay with me tonight. I really want that. I really want, I need you."

"Sure that I want."

"So okay we hear Teal'c, we laugh, we say goodbye, okay?"

"It' kindda work for me, Jack." They kissed and they left the room. Back in the mess, Teal'c was singing. That was incredible, it seemed that he wasn't the same person than the day before. Amazing. Jack wrapped his arm around Sam's waist and kissed her hair softly. Daniel looked at them and smiled, and burned in laughs. Jack glared at him, and shouted "Damnit Daniel !!! Shut up !!!". He couldn't stop laughing.

"You know, I think that it's just the beginning. He is going to drive you crazy with that. Revenge for all the times when you teased him about 'rocks' and 'mythology'."

"You think?"

"Yes I think." He looked Daniel right in the eyes and kissed Sam passionately in front of him. Janet, Cassie, General Hammond and Daniel exchanged glances and smiled. They didn't notice that, they were alone in the world. Their world, a new world for each of them.

Teal'c ended his last song, and everyone applauded so Sam and Jack walked in front of Daniel.

"So actually, Danny I think that you loose a bet, don't you !!!!"

"Actually Jack, Teal'c has a really good voice, so I lost my bet. But, 'no offense', I actually won another bet."

"What kind?"

"Oh, you know about stuff..."

"Danny !!!!"

"So I think that you should leave and 'be happy together'!!"

"Danny !!!!!" Sam laughed at his comment, and kissed him. They walked in front of the door to leave with hands entwined, they walked towards their new life with no fear in their minds, just love, love for each other.



The end.

That's it. So tell me what you think of it. Is it so bad???